Reversal Lag/Delay

Layla1

When I'm grabbed, I try to use the grab break (reversal) before animations such as LBD's sword thing. I know how to dodge the sword, it's a very obvious animation. 

The problem is, when I press the grab button it doesn't work until 1 second later? For example, I'll spam (1) and there's always a second delay on reversal before the skill actually goes on cooldown,  and I end up missing the grab break. It's weird because this is the only skill that doesn't go on CD instantly when I press it, is this a normal thing for everyone?

3 hours ago, Layla1 said:

When I'm grabbed, I try to use the grab break (reversal) before animations such as LBD's sword thing. I know how to dodge the sword, it's a very obvious animation. 

The problem is, when I press the grab button it doesn't work until 1 second later? For example, I'll spam (1) and there's always a second delay on reversal before the skill actually goes on cooldown,  and I end up missing the grab break. It's weird because this is the only skill that doesn't go on CD instantly when I press it, is this a normal thing for everyone?

The problem happens because you're thrashing your 1 key so much. It puts both of your abilities on a GCD. So, what you need to do, when you're grabbed, is simply nothing. Either hit 2 or use Tab. If you notice, when Plat+ players get grabbed most of them don't do anything, to make sure that their reversal registers properly.

You cant use the Grab escape during your 1, which has a long animation. Make sure you have good ping, if you dont, it will be almost impossible to escape the grab skills. In higher ranks no one uses it anyway, because most players have good enough reaction time to counter it.

-Ra9eQuit

1 is my reversal escape :O I'm playing a warlock. It might just be my ping then? It's just weird since I don't lag when I use any other skills at all. I'm not bad at PvP by any means, and I know the exact animation and when to press they key ( I have a LBD) myself, but with all my characters even when sitting and doing nothing, the reversal key always seems to have a frustrating delay.

1 hour ago, Layla1 said:

1 is my reversal escape :O I'm playing a warlock. It might just be my ping then? It's just weird since I don't lag when I use any other skills at all. I'm not bad at PvP by any means, and I know the exact animation and when to press they key ( I have a LBD) myself, but with all my characters even when sitting and doing nothing, the reversal key always seems to have a frustrating delay.

Oh, I'm so used to my characters who have 2 as their reversal lol, my bad. But you're not entirely wrong, either. You see I've been having the same issue against BDs. I'm not sure if it's a GG related issue, or what. But yeah, sometimes my Reversal just doesn't happen, and I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe because I use a Naga and the mouse input delay? But it doesn't go on CD either. I only noticed this issue after GG was reinstated. I wish I could help you more, but yeah, having the same issue now.

Archived