HDD to SSD

Hello everyone. Lately i have been thinking of moving my game from my HDD drive to my new SSD drive but the problem is that i've heard its not so easy to do so. Could anyone help me with this in terms of tips/links to how to do that or Self explanatory in the comments below? I would very much appreciate that. 

Thank you .

I moved my game from my hdd to my ssd by literally drag and dropping it into my games folder on my ssd all i did after was press repair in the launcher and make a new shortcut,  worked like a charm :D

1 hour ago, ToastedGuy said:

Bruce Chi what do you mean by that? And also Raegahn thank you if that will work i will tell you. Thanks for help :D 

What Bruce Chi means is  do you currently have your OS (operating system, windows) on the SSD ? Ideally you should have.

I recently installed a SSD,  What I did was, my 'old' HDD I shrink the size, you can do this in windows system manager, I then created a new partition in the new available space and moved over all my 'user' files, music, dvd's, documents etc etc, leaving only my base OS (windows 7) and 2 games, Rift and BnS  in the original partition, defragged it  then partition Cloned that partition onto my new SSD, it only used 60gb of space,, shut down my PC, swapped the Sata cables over on the drives,  booted it up to Bios checked boot order on my hard drives to make sure the SDD was main boot disc,  and rebooted everything worked perfect straight away, no issues with either game,

This is basically what I did:    http://lifehacker.com/5837543/how-to-migrate-to-a-solid-state-drive-without-reinstalling-windows

Using this free program:    http://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/download.htm

then after followed this:   http://www.pcworld.com/article/2043634/how-to-stretch-the-life-of-your-ssd-storage.html

For just the game copy paste or drag drop should work fine too, but if there is any problems running 'file repair' should fix it. BUT make sure you defrag the HDD before you copy the files.

My secondary is a HDD and my primary is SDD.  My first installation was in my secondary, but after freeing space on my primary, I relocated the directory to my SDD with a simple drag and drop.  Unlike what Raeghan said, I didn't need to repair anything (though, it wouldn't heart if you come across a problem yourself).  The only difference is the initial launch and any loading screen.  It loads much faster (under 5 seconds), but that's pretty much it on my end.

12 minutes ago, CujoEX said:

My secondary is a HDD and my primary is SDD.  My first installation was in my secondary, but after freeing space on my primary, I relocated the directory to my SDD with a simple drag and drop.  Unlike what Raeghan said, I didn't need to repair anything (though, it wouldn't heart if you come across a problem yourself).  The only difference is the initial launch and any loading screen.  It loads much faster (under 5 seconds), but that's pretty much it on my end.

How did u do that exactly? not too familiar with it

Archived