I really, really wish that I didn't need to deal with PvP

Shaidon

I'm already loosing my interest, since the amount of things that I dislike is getting heavier.

Have to do these PvP dailies to get the Soulstones that are so required to every upgrade, I'm forced to do PvP. Thing is, people are just mean. Is not about PvP, is really about the desire to annoy someone at the point of the person leave the game or even do exactly what Im doing now. I was at Misty Woods, and both channels had group of Crimson attacking the quest givers. One was just there waiting to respawn, so they can do again. So I log out, waited for a couple a hours to try again. Log back, the coast seem clear, but there was another group of Crimsom, just waiting in the corner to gank any Cerulean in the way. Their summoner even resurrect me, what I though was just a way to apologize and leave me be, but no, was to kill me again. See, this to me is not Player vs Player, is a bunch of brats that just want to use the game feature to be cruel. That is not fun to me, and I wish that I didn't need to be part of it.

Just now, Shaidon said:

I'm already loosing my interest, since the amount of things that I dislike is getting heavier.

Have to do these PvP dailies to get the Soulstones that are so required to every upgrade, I'm forced to do PvP. Thing is, people are just mean. Is not about PvP, is really about the desire to annoy someone at the point of the person leave the game or even do exactly what Im doing now. I was at Misty Woods, and both channels had group of Crimson attacking the quest givers. One was just there waiting to respawn, so they can do again. So I log out, waited for a couple a hours to try again. Log back, the coast seem clear, but there was another group of Crimsom, just waiting in the corner to gank any Cerulean in the way. Their summoner even resurrect me, what I though was just a way to apologize and leave me be, but no, was to kill me again. See, this to me is not Player vs Player, is a bunch of brats that just want to use the game feature to be cruel. That is not fun to me, and I wish that I didn't need to be part of it.

Do dailies for gold and buy soulstones from marketplace then. The only time you NEED to deal with pvp wearing a uniform is for 15 minutes when getting your Moonwater Baotite weapon and for 1 minute when you have to talk to an NPC in main quest.

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Do dailies for gold and buy soulstones from marketplace then. The only time you NEED to deal with pvp wearing a uniform is for 15 minutes when getting your Moonwater Baotite weapon and for 1 minute when you have to talk to an NPC in main quest.

The alternative is grind for gold to buy the way expensive Soulstones? As there weren't already too many expenses to deal with it.

"Hey, what do you prefer, get punched in the face or kicked in the crotch?" "How about not hurt me?"

5 minutes ago, Shaidon said:

As a pvp player, i really wish i wouldn't be forced to do pve. I recently reached platinum rank and i can't spend my 20k zen beans because i need these shitty dragon certificates. However i need to do the 3 purple lvl 50 dungeons to do that, good luck with getting a group at 350 AP (true profane weapon, awekened infernal accessories)

Why do i need to pve? Hongmoon skills, Lightning draw alone is 200 gold.

First of all, you can do mushin tower and get a certificate.  should be easy enough.

For the rest:

I personally dont mind doing pve / pvp. i hate arena...i really do, yet i force myself to it because i need the materials to progress for myself and my bf since we play together and work as a team. Was very happy when he did arena to get 2 certificates for our hongmoon pellets so i wouldnt have too xD

anyways....

I do kinda agree there should be a way to get the materials also from PVe and certificates from PVP.

4 minutes ago, skelettbus said:

As a pvp player, i really wish i wouldn't be forced to do pve. I recently reached platinum rank and i can't spend my 20k zen beans because i need these shitty dragon certificates. However i need to do the 3 purple lvl 50 dungeons to do that, good luck with getting a group at 350 AP (true profane weapon, awekened infernal accessories)

OK, but PvE is predictable. The mobs set in their places, and will behave the same. Can be grindy and frustrating, but at least you have a control of the situation.

The open PvP is the opposite.

4 minutes ago, skelettbus said:

I enjoy both styles of play pve/p but even i can see that PVE players got the short stick here. The ammount of PVP i have to do to get somewhere is about 2 times as much if not even more then the ammount of time i spend on PVE. You ONLY have to run 3 dungeons a day and your done and can do what you like as PVP player. As a PVE player you at times are pretty much obligated to do arena for an entire day if you want to get somewhere.

As said i do both and enjoy both, but i have to PVP allot more to progress then PVE.

9 minutes ago, Shaidon said:

The alternative is grind for gold to buy the way expensive Soulstones? As there weren't already too many expenses to deal with it.

You said you don't want to PVP, and want to upgrade your weapons. I assume then that you're fine with PVE. If you're not, tf are you doing here? You don't need weapons for roleplay.

15 soulstones are equivalent to about 4.5-5 gold. You can exchange them freely back and forth.

Getting soulstones from misty woods: 4.5-5 gold in 20 minutes. (or 15 soulstones)

Doing your daily dailies in heroic dungeons: 20-25 gold in ~1hr. (Doing 6-man Necropolis in particular: 5 gold in 20 minutes, or 15 soulstones)

Getting lucky in mushin's tower: up to 35 gold in 10 minutes solo.

Look at the big picture:

There are "PVP"(lol) quests that give you 5 gold in 20 minutes daily.

There are multiple PVE quests that give you 5 gold in 20 minutes daily. There are multiple repeatable pve instances you can grind for gold.

What you're saying is that you don't want the PVP quests to exist, because you're """forced""" to do them.

9 minutes ago, Shaidon said:

"Hey, what do you prefer, get punched in the face or kicked in the crotch?" "How about not hurt me?"

"Hey, what do you prefer to get money, work as a construction worker or work as an office manager?" "How about you give me free money?"

Grow up.

34 minutes ago, Enhance said:

You said you don't want to PVP, and want to upgrade your weapons. I assume then that you're fine with PVE. If you're not, tf are you doing here? You don't need weapons for roleplay.

15 soulstones are equivalent to about 4.5-5 gold. You can exchange them freely back and forth.

Getting soulstones from misty woods: 4.5-5 gold in 20 minutes. (or 15 soulstones)

Doing your daily dailies in heroic dungeons: 20-25 gold in ~1hr. (Doing 6-man Necropolis in particular: 5 gold in 20 minutes, or 15 soulstones)

Getting lucky in mushin's tower: up to 35 gold in 10 minutes solo.

Look at the big picture:

There are "PVP"(lol) quests that give you 5 gold in 20 minutes daily.

There are multiple PVE quests that give you 5 gold in 20 minutes daily. There are multiple repeatable pve instances you can grind for gold.

What you're saying is that you don't want the PVP quests to exist, because you're """forced""" to do them.

"Hey, what do you prefer to get money, work as a construction worker or work as an office manager?" "How about you give me free money?"

Grow up.

Just that last part already said that is not really worth to reply you, but I'm going anyway.

Should be obvious that I prefer PvE. Your point about weapons and roleplay make no sense to me.

Then you come with these suggestions about getting big amount of gold based on dailies that require me to be better equipped, and "lucky". Not to mention that I need to play with others that usually don't care if I stay behind, and can be very rude if I'm not "well equipped". And get better equipped is exactly what I was trying to do.

Now, I still didn't saw these dailies that give these amount of gold that you mention. I can't even handle Mushin Tower, at least not without "luck".

Did I mentioned that I don't want PvP quests to exist? Cause I don't think so. Your overly quoted "forced" was suppose to mean something? Because when your only options are to do something that you don't want to, that means that you are forced to. You can joke about it, and be sarcastic, but the fact is, if I want to progress in the game, my options are not pleasant to me. PvP or grind for gold. Give me PvE dailies that I don't need to deal with dungeon rushes, and gives the same amount of the PvP dailies, and I'm good.

And for real, don't go tell other to grow up, and you are not mature enough to even give a proper reply.

Your paraphrase is nonsense.

25 minutes ago, Shaidon said:

If you can't do 6-man dailies in Cardinal Gates (Zaiwei area) with gear you got from leveling your character to 50 (awakened/true profane weapon, awakened infernal accessories st.10, basic BSH/Lab soulshield) then you're probably doing something wrong. Point in case, you do have options.

Do PVE quests for money, or do PVP quests for money. The income from both is about the same - for 20 minutes. After that your only option to get money from PVP is to grind arena.

You're saying you "can't do PVE quests" (most likely false), but at the same time "don't want to do the alternative PVP quests" and that's why PVP quests are bad.

Mushin's tower, Naryu lab, Supply chain, Avalanche Den, Lair of the frozen fang, Highland Necropolis, Bloodshade harbor, Talus Prison, various 24-man and solo dailies at SF area - none of these dungeons require luck, all of them give you considerable gold. Heroics at Cardinal Gates give 2-4 gold + Frozen venom dart per daily completion (2.5g) and moonstones in chests (1.5g). None of them require you to be equipped more than mentioned above. If you can't do them, chances are it's not your luck at fault but your approach.

What's your class, level, gear, gems? If you present your situation people(me included) may be able to help you. Maybe you're just missing something. Otherwise your complaint about game "forcing you to pvp" is the one that makes no sense.

Shaidon, we all have pet peeves. I think that for me finding a way around the OW PvP issues was the simplest, as I try to do it during weird times of day. There are more complex ways to do it, such as finding a playgroup.

All and all, I can't think of a game that does not make you feel like it sucks to be new, undergeared and solo. There will always be something that you want to do, but is hard to do in this situation.

Of course, there are players that simply jump into any game and in what seems only a few hours get everything sorted out and well on the way to the end levels and the most challenging content. But it is not a big deal not being such a player. Hey, some things that millions of players around the world do without giving it another thought take me hours to manage, 'cause I am what I am.

Most challenges in the games are not that bad once you take in a deep breath, think a little, and put some efforts into resolving them. I hope you will find your way to get the soulstones. It will not be the first, neither the last time that something is not immediately available, and requires craftiness on your part to get it.

Good luck!

5 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

You know it goes the other way as well right?

PVP players have to PVE for certs....

so it's a two way street...

Well, except that PvP players can't buy certs with gold or their primary form of currency (zen beans).  Which means, unlike PvE players, they actually are required to PvE.

seems like someone forgot what archetype of game he is playing.

no pvp because reasons

no will to spend because reasons

no will to pve because reasons.

seems like you want  the IWin button.

why dont u charge 1000€ in NCcoins then and trade all of them into golds so u can equip with no effort?

2 minutes ago, PatchKid said:

Well, except that PvP players can't buy certs with gold or their primary form of currency (zen beans).  Which means, unlike PvE players, they actually are required to PvE.

mmhmm I find it very annoying.....

some days I really do not want to deal with the pve mess if my clan isn't on. Plus it doesn't help that most of my clan wants to

A. 3v3

B. Go play in the open world, and have fun.

besides upgrading our gear pve is pointless to us.... so it is annoying having to pve for certs

2 hours ago, Shaidon said:

Just switch channel, ive done the Open would pvp on a character with 25k health, got ganked 7 times in a row, the only anoying factor i find about it is that it is now taking 7 minutes longer, its not like dieng in open world matters much or that you loose something, unless you ego can't take a few ganks.

Or like someone else said, do regular pve quests, each silverfrost quest is 2 Soulstones, stop looking at as if you "Need" todo them, you really don't.

And if you really compare it to the kick to the nuts or the face, take the face, it hurts less and maybe then you won't quit because it sounds like every gank is free roshambo inbetween them nutters. You should be able to take 7 to the face, the nutters...yeah 1 is way too many :p

16 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

besides upgrading our gear pve is pointless to us.... so it is annoying having to pve for certs

Mostly true!  Unfortunately the leveling speed of just doing PvP is about 80x slower than following PvE quests and in order to follow the PvE quests you have to have upgraded gear to some extent.  Also, if you want to unlock HM abilities, you will be required to complete PvE objectives (dungeons) that require substantially better gear, or earn lots and lots of gold to buy skill books - and in order to make gold you will be forced to do PvE so you can sell soulstones (though you can always just pay real $$ for the gold to buy your skills I suppose!).

Either way, PvP players are either going to be handicapped (fewer skills, slower level progression) for PvP if they don't participate in a modest amount of PvE content and upgrade their gear sufficiently to participate in PvE.

That sucks but listen to me yeah, trust me - DON'T do faction dailies in the day... now I don't know what kind of times you're online of course, but avoid "primetime" LIKE THE PLAGUE. If you can't, then kindly ask for help on /f (faction chat) and state your channel and situation, usually people come to help out, silently.

Open world PvP is extremely unbalanced as well, so that makes it even worse.

Oh look, another thread by a PvExtremist. You don't need to pvp at all in this game. Go farm venom darts and you'll have more gold to waste on soulstones than any PvP player can ever earn. Not happy about it? Then what about PvP players being forced to PvE just so they could PvP? You need to PvE (achievement points, gold) to get HM skills and HM levels (you get from 60ish exp to 3250 exp for a match in 1v1, in pve you can get up to 30k exp in half the time, do the math). And that's just for arena. If you want to do owpvp you need to farm gear like no tomorrow too.

So shut the *cricket* up. You don't even need to PvP yet complain about the tiny profit we PvP players make.

Well, this game is pretty much PVEVP. More pve oriented but can't deny the pvp factor. That is why some seemingly pve quests place you in pvp turf, so you can "join in the fun". Guess nobody at the dev office thought about faction imbalances or to keep shop keepers non combatant and alive. Or even to keep your own NPC faction mates from attacking you if you are out of uniform. JEEZ! The imbalance part could be fixed if they just closed off the facion for longer periods untill the other faction filled, then closing it up again at a smaller disadvantage margin. The current margin for a faction to stop recruiting is apparently too large. Also, the kill, res, kill thing is usually because players do need to kill players. Not in game atm but if I remember, there's even an achievement line that gives you stats for players killed. I thin it starts with 10 kills and ends in like 1000 or so. Again. Read that so long ago and I don't remember the correct numbers. So while, yeah, I find it a dumb mechanic to be able to res your enemy, it's an available mechanic and people WILL use it if it benefits them.

Arguments about forced PvP Vs forced PvE aside, I think both sides should be able to agree that some of the faction quests could be a bit better structured and designed. 

The fact that the quest giving NPCs are killable (And very easy to kill at that) is simply poor design. The misty woods quest givers are really easy to grief, and to top it off, it's actually ENCOURAGED because the faction bosses spawn right on those spots so people stand right on the basses and murder the NPCs to keep spawning the boss for insignia. 

My server is totally crimson dominated, and I have a character in both factions (Heck, double agent is a TITLE so it's not like the game encourages loyalty.) and the fact that even when I complete the dailies on my ceru it's a struggle to even turn in my quests is a problem. This should be a non-issue. I should be able to pick up and turn in my quests without the NPC getting dragged into combat before I have 2 seconds to hit the accept button. Now that misty woods is down to 2 channels switching to an empty one is frequently not an option. 

At lot of players will probably think I'm blowing smoke on that complaint because it's often a non-issue, unless you're in a one-sided server in an area with few channels, but when it happens to you it's very, very frustrating. And in misty woods all it takes is a single troll to drop a single AOE on the quest NPCs whenever you try to talk to them. 

The quest objective should be what's contested and what we're fighting for, not the NPC to turn the thing in. 

In the blackram vs bamboo guard areas, the bamboo guard NPCs that give side quests remain non-combat and non-targetable even if you're wearing a blackram uniform, standing right on top of him and nuking every other bamboo guard in the camp. The faction quest NPCs on both sides should do the same. 

Or perhaps we can even have a courier NPC near the faction NPCs in cities that can give you your orders. Kind of like the daily quest bulletin boards. You can use them to pick up and turn in your faction quests, even without your uniform on, but you still have to put it on and go the the battleground to actually do the quest. 

Player Vs Player is all well and good, but player vs shopkeeper shouldn't be a thing. 

Archived