Destroyer VS KFM

Noren

Hi I need help vs KFM in arena, they are the single reason I'm stuck in the 1700s, everytime I think I'm gonna get out of 1700s, I meet a KFM who just rolls me over and then it just goes down hill from there on:(

I have no idea how to beat them, everytime i think they are out of counters or escapes, bam it happens and then I get 3RF'd to death :( 

Please help!

From my experience, it's better to play close to them because some of their opening skills require a certain range.

Take persistence over fury and save it for when it really matters (both of you have no escapes except your persistence > you get CC'd > use persistence > turn the game around). Also, take daze on Tab for the same reason.

Don't go all out and don't attack them constantly, you'll end up being countered or just wasting your skills.

Learn to tech chase, this is probably the most important thing.

Other than that, I recommend watching some streamers play, you can learn a lot from them.

As endah the Rank 1 Destro himself said: "If you cant win against a matchup in Gold or Plat then there are most likely other things to improve on."
You should practice a lot of LB+RB animation cancel, tech chasing and I-framing the SS knockdown and knockup. I am a Plat 2080 Destroyer and from my objective view it is a fair 50/50 match if you have Persistence. But in Gold... Idk m8, I cheesed my way to plat with Fury, just waiting for them to mindlessly blow their tab and then 100-0 in one combo. Gold KFMs 3rf is mostly really bad, especially in low gold. I cant really tell you what to do better, unless I could see you playing myself. Spin a lot lol. Use Knee Stage 3, uhhh... There is really not much to it, you just spin until the KFM makes a mistake, which they do a lot and punish it with a full combo using all your cds, then stall and repeat. Persistence is so important because it allows you to interrupt their combo and start your own and if they have no escape, you will be able to deplete at least 50% of their health.

-Ra9eQuit

KFM is the hard counter to destro. There's no easy way to win this match as you have to wait for the KFM to make a mistake. Be patient and try to wittle him down little by little. Definitely get rid of Fury for Persistence and if you have the HM Emberstomp, take the one that lets you resists all status in case you blow your tab and blue buff. Currently at Plat ~2000 in arena.

Thank you guys, I'll give it a shot and play closer to KFMs, I've ran into some KFMs in the mid 1700s that was actually quiet good with their 3RFs, it gave me nightmares.

Thank you guys I'll try to be more patient and be more mindful of what's going on :D

Archived