sum vs destro

rocnogu

i cant find guide for this . like anywhere . obvi is impossible to do .
and i dont mean some new destro players without skills.
i mean against good destros . ""good" as "spin like hell and stun . or using some combo macro which u cant compare to.

or exploiting the game imperfections.
like then the arena load they jump even before the arena is ready and stun the shit out of u .i will up a video later actualy with same thing .

which should be fixed or forbidden .not everyone can buy an pcmasterrace rig .

hello, it`s a simple matchup, i try to explain how you play against them the best i can, but i hope you will forgive me my bad english.

destro is a simple class, it seems to be strong, but if you know how to play against them, its simple.
destro does have 2 main damage skills. red spin and rage.

as for red spin, you need to counter it with ur party stealth and then get distance, party stealth does have 30-35 sec cd, his red spin is at 1 min cd. even if he goes for the stun on red spin and hits you, there is a 0.5-1sec time gap, which you can use to quickly cast party stealth, and then use "ss" to get distance.
dont use trinket foor red spin, unless you are sure, you cant get out otherwise.

for rage, since you havent used ur trinket ( main escape ) for red spin ( many destros use red spin to bait ur trinket ). and then try to get distance and block if he dashes towards you.
when his rage reaches its end. he have not much to dmg you, and you can go full ham.

side tipps:

- you can cancel his aircombo with the C ( hammer ) stun while he is trying to catch up to you in the air so you wont get the damage.

- you can cancel his grab with ur cat, if he shows his back to the cat and you cc him with knock down or stun.

-you should run the right tree of ur counter with the 3 sec 25% hp shield on a agressiv destro.

- dont be afraid because he can burst you, he needs a setup and bait ur trinket, if you still have ur trinket, you are save.

-play with time and proc ur stealth often and heal during battle.

-keep ur cat alive, if he trys to burst ur cat, use party flower to save it, ur cat is 90% of ur hard cc and infinity health reg and escape resourcce.

hope it helps. if you got questions. ask them

i try to answer, and again, sorry for my bad english

party stealth ? i think u speak for another game or char . party flower ? what are those skills ? trinket ? from where u get the names ?

also on more agresive destro i run 4% heal . 25% is only on fail skill .

but anyway. see the clip .

18 minutes ago, rocnogu said:

party stealth ? i think u speak for another game or char . party flower ? what are those skills ? trinket ? from where u get the names ?

party stealth is enchaced seed shroud (4+f). Trinket... have no clue wtf is it. Probably shield with X.

1 hour ago, rocnogu said:

Party stealth is like VirtuoZzzo said. enchaced seed shroud (4+f). Trinket is ur main escape, that's how it's said in high Elo for bether communication. Ur Trinket is ur 36 sec cd escape. which you can skill point's into.

I did watch the clip. Well... i have to say that glitch that he is invisible for the first 5 sec's is just.. not ur fault, that't just the game that sucked at loading the enemy Character.

Ur fail was at 0:05 sec's.
He stunned you, and you directly used ur trinket ( ur main esacpe on the 2 button which is the only escape skill, that can save you out of every kind of cc ). Then afterward's he knocked you up, stunned you, uses rage, and burst's you while you are stunned.

You need to learn to use ur Trinket wisely, and only if you REALY need it. If you just waste it on the 1st cc that hit's you, ur to 90% dead.
The 4% heal, well. It's ur decision. i find it more usefull to go for 25% shield, because many destro's wait patiently for ur counter and burst you afterwards.

and why not even 1 cc doesnt  get him ?

i now that the destro is immune only then use C skill .

but as far i see in the arena they are immune all the time . u can see how he ressist everything .

is actualy a way to kill a destro with summ ?

I will offer some advice from a Destroyer perspective.

• Please don't waste your tab. That really shouldn't need to be said, but yeah. Don't waste your tab.
  • Keeping on the move is important vs. Destroyer -- a large chunk Destroyer's damage is coming from Cleave, which can't even be used while moving.
  • You want to hold on to two things: your tab and your cat's knockdown. You can use Anklebiter or Surprise Gift, but make sure you know what to do with it. Most of the time, you will see Destroyer using "white spin", or Hurricane. That's the one which deflects attacks. It prevents stun and daze, but not knockdown. Fury, the red aura that increases damage, also does not prevent knockdown.
  • White spin will usually deflect (unless they specced blue spin for some reason, but you will probably never see it, ever). Petal Storm will keep you from getting deflected, and Rosethorn can be specced to escape from deflect.
  • Liberally use Enhanced Seed Shroud and SS. Remember: you can't take them home with you. Also, True Friend ruins everything. Destroyer is heavily reliant on CCs (due to the aforementioned lack of mobility)
  • Get the hell out of red spin (Typhoon). It will stun you after 5 hits. The damage is mediocre and it drains the Destroyer's focus in a hurry (unless you're attacking him!), so just get out. 60-second cooldown. One SS is plenty. Enhanced Seed Shroud is plenty. True Friend will buy you time if you have neither on hand.
  • Destroyers will always be looking for an opportunity to pounce, so try not to give them one. Destroyers have the worst neutral game by far, so their ability to do anything at all is dependent on you making mistakes. As long as you're holding him at arm's length, you're winning by a landslide.

A few things to look out for, and where to see them in the video:

At 0:10, you see him use an ability called Searing Strike. It is just one big, slow wheel attack which does very little damage, but gives iframes for the duration. If you hit them, he can then use Scorching Strike. This is important because Scorching Strike breaks charge disable, but it does not penetrate defenses. If you attack into Searing Strike, you can put up your Seed Shroud to prevent him from hitting you. Alternatively, with the nice Power Pounce bugs, you can let him hit you into the air and then Power Pounce him out of the sky when he tries to use Piledriver. Make the call based on the cooldowns of your other escapes.

At 0:17, he uses Emberstomp. Usually, this is just a damage field, but if your opponent is a sad nolifer with HM Emberstomp from BSH, it's also protection against most CC and a defensive buff while in the area. A lot of Destroyers go the lazy route and precast it so you can't knock them out of their Fury. Usually, when you see the Emberstomp go down, he's going to Fury, and you're going to tab. Emberstomp and Fury are both 45-second cooldown.

At 0:23, you get chased with Drag, which pulls and dazes you. Again, this does not penetrate defenses, so you can Seed Shroud it. If your opponent is a lazy nolifer who just tries to geartank everyone anyway, as this chump you faced is, he's going to try to take you right back to Emberstomp, so expect the Drag and/or Blitz (leaping CC attack) + Grab.

and tab is ? my tab is cat charge . and stun after 5 uses .

but the problem is, everything is so fast .

also then i charge the cat i cant just stop her . i must recall which take time and skill .

scummoner is actualy from hardest for pvp 

u need multytasking . cuz i have me and the cat and the destro . and so much skills :)

2 hours ago, rocnogi said:

and tab is ? my tab is cat charge . and stun after 5 uses .

but the problem is, everything is so fast .

also then i charge the cat i cant just stop her . i must recall which take time and skill .

scummoner is actualy from hardest for pvp 

u need multytasking . cuz i have me and the cat and the destro . and so much skills :)

"Tab" is shorthand for universal escape. In the case of Summoner (and Warlock), it's actually bound to the 2 key by default. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Stun isn't quite as important against Destroyer, per se, because Hurricane (white spin) and Fury both prevent stun, daze, and knockback. It's a lot harder to get at a Destroyer with that, especially since your cat's attacks rarely penetrate deflect or block. Oh, and note also that a Destroyer can block your cat's attacks with your body if he's holding you, an it is not considered "defending", so you can't tackle past it. Those are two good reasons to consider Surprise Gift against Destroyer, by my reckoning, but it's not as forgiving as Anklebiter. Typhoon (red spin) prevents pretty much all CC except slow, so be aware of that as well -- again, just get out of it ASAP.

in 1 word. almost impossible to kill from a summ . at least good destros . i kill plenty . but ppl like this from the videos are just .. u can see how i can not move . its just skill after skill . which mean he is good vs summ or use some macros .

i cant see how i can kill him. hide all the time and run ? like a sin ! 2 aproach skills and 1 come-over-here .

also i cant find a guide for this . at least not vs good destro .i want to see like a good fight but just dont have .

He is not a good destro the guy in the video, he basically just full PVEs you and he wins. You have to grant him, you panic a lot and spammed pretty much all skills, leaving you with nothing in the end.

At 00:12 you can see, you actually did stun him and he immediately uses his trinket on it (which is pretty bad as well, but well, he wins anyway). Well, to be precise, you stunned+dazed him, which is absolutely unnecessary. (->wasted skill, an indicator you spam and panic waay too much, stay calm!)

Oh and btw, your knockdown didn´t work because you hit into his Emberstomp. Just pause the video and you can see an "Immunity" buff icon in his buff bars. Watch the video in slow motion, maybe this helps you following, what has been already mentioned in this thread. Oh and don´t try to CC him while he has you or your cat grabbed, because first he can spin during grab and second the grab acts like a shield for frontal attacks. That was another wasted skill. What people already mentioned, save your trinket (skill on 2) for Fury.

And even when he triggered your counter (0:22) you used SS, which took you out of stealth, better move is to just walk away and reposition yourself.

TL;dr: You need to play more calm, you just spammed everything and end up defenseless. Just always keep in mind, without Fury he is not likely to 100-0 you, escpecially since you still got your cat and that´s why you need CCs ready when time comes.

• 3 months later...

Yes, against destroyers they always try to jump at you, somehow they load before you too and when you get into the arena you see nothing then you see you get stunned.

Because of this lag I also try to Q my pet so I can E and knock him down even when I am stunned dazed.  But usually destroyers go in with the aoe daze jump while sprinting.  In which case, you just press F to retreat.  Then he will try to Z pull you in which case you 4.  Either way, after he uses two approach skills he only has one left.  Then he will C for resist.  And you don't attack him.  Lol.  Then he Fury and get mad.  Then you knockdown.

Then you make him think summoners are op and rant in forum about that.

Archived