This game is P2W crap. Stop spending money on NCSoft's greed

MooseWayne

13 hours ago, MooseWayne said:

How come there's siren and pirate tokens in the cash shop? Good god that means I can buy gear with real money. Plus I can buy gold with real money so that means you're practically selling power. Cash grab MMO BS NCSoft. You should change this before I and my dozens of friends quit this game. Okay so...This may look like a wall of text, but it's actually just a test to see if people actually read the post before commenting. Why the hell do you make the siren path cheaper anyways? That's practically forcing people into buying NCoins to spend on their gear since no one really runs the 24 man versions anymore. It's come to my attention that a lot of people in this forum are guilty of reading only the title of a thread and replying to that. So if you're reading this part, make sure to reply to this post and include the name of some kind of pastry in your reply. And what about oathbreaker? It looks cheaper at first but then people are sucker punched and have to grind way too much for a casual player, start over a new weapon, or just buy emblems.  Don't make it too obvious or it'll ruin the experiment. Just like how this post actually has "complaints" in it so I can maybe catch people that skim through a post instead of reading it all carefully. All the people I see with maxed out gear either no-lifed it or swiped for it. How is this fair to casual players? How can they ever catch up when they don't even have the gear to get in groups to run dungeons where they can get geared up? This game is just too unfriendly to new players and alts. Also, hopefully mods have a sense of humor and decide to keep this up so they can laugh at people who didn't read this. Or maybe they'll laugh at all the posts about pastries. This game is going to end up as P2W as Archeage and then the game will really end up dying. It's already dying but if NCSoft fixes the issues they can stop it from losing even more players

Ive only spend money on the Master Pack near at launch and by playing 3 alts on occasion and 1 main i sit at 510 ap on it without spending a single NCoin, i did sell about 100 gold for hongmoon coins to buy a few costumes, i play about 3 hours a day.

There are tons of people with way better gear then mine, does that affect me in any way? Not in the slightest!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, MooseWayne said:

Why the hell do you make the siren path cheaper anyways? ... And what about oathbreaker?

I am sure I am the few, since all those with high APs thinks I am dumb or stupid, but personally, with current content I haven't found a need upgrade to oathbreaker yet.

Doing 24 man is easy to complete, But time consuming. You can also Make gold from doing pvp, dungeon dailies and items like darts, honory,  black sun and etc... 

You can make alot of gold from merry potter(premium bowls, refiner) and soul warden(moonwater / sliverfrost ts and soul sheild). 

You need patience to get what you want. 

15 hours ago, Faraday said:

Seriously, you don't need to buy pastries off the shop to keep up. If you're casual chances are you aren't planning to do 4-mans so you really are fine with Oathbreaker.

You don't even need that for the 4mans. From what I've been seeing 460AP is adequate and 470 is "easy" - which is about where most of the "casuals", myself included, are right now.

You don't have to pay if you don't want to. No one is making you pay. I pay for some costume. Also some weapon is n a lock box and the RNG is terrible for some people. A friend of mine try 50 lock boxes didn't get the weapon he needs for the upgrade. IMO you will do fine without paying just the grind might be harder and if RNG sucks for you then it sucks lol.

Agreed. Apple Pie, by the way. lol

People still think it isn't P2W lol!

It's not neuroscience or something. You spend REAL money on in-game items to upgrade your GEAR and WEAPON and on GEMS to then become stronger and faceroll through CONTENT for ACHIEVEMENTS and open world PvP to then spend gold on acquiring achievement points (like gem slotting, etc) to then buy the SKILL BOOK to become even more POWERFUL = WINNING at the game.

I rest my case. 

My definition of p2w is different sort of.Why we have items in store only for cash and not hongmoon coins?

Like the emblems,gem hammers and maybe other items i dont know of?

If game was rly f2p then why we cant buy everything with hongmoon coins?

I know you can still buy those items with ingame gold,but someone has to buy them first with real cash.

Since person who spends cash can get emblems,gem hammers and have a better weapon,faster than someone else,then yeah for me its p2w,since this game has open world pvp then yeah,person who spends cash has an advantage to win.

7 minutes ago, Immortal Technique said:

Agreed. Apple Pie, by the way. lol

People still think it isn't P2W lol!

It's not neuroscience or something. You spend REAL money on in-game items to upgrade your GEAR and WEAPON and on GEMS to then become stronger and faceroll through CONTENT for ACHIEVEMENTS and open world PvP to then spend gold on acquiring achievement points (like gem slotting, etc) to then buy the SKILL BOOK to become even more POWERFUL = WINNING at the game.

I rest my case. 

Please look up the definition of P2W.  Paying money for previous level 45 materials isn't even in the same zip code as P2W as the OP states.  You can't currently buy level 50 materials and even if you could it wouldn't be P2W since they are attainable in game.  P2W would be NCSoft adding a gem you can ONLY get in the store for NCCoin.  Until that point none of this is P2W (it is pay for convenience/less grind) and those that say it is just come off like whiners.

Just now, JayP said:

Please look up the definition of P2W.  Paying money for previous level 45 materials isn't even in the same zip code as P2W as the OP states.  You can't currently buy level 50 materials and even if you could it wouldn't be P2W since they are attainable in game.  P2W would be NCSoft adding a gem you can ONLY get in the store for NCCoin.  Until that point none of this is P2W (it is pay for convenience/less grind) and those that say it is just come off like whiners.

You can buy lvl 50 materials like Silverfrost Transformation Stones, Gemstones, etc. Of course they'll have to do content as well but to get into that content through the means of paying IRL cash is still paying to win... 

no its not pay 2 win.

Some people do not have the 8hours per day to grind in this game. 

They have something called normal jobs.

Some people are blessed by God and have a high paying job, however they are bogged by many hours of doing it.

This is the whole term of disposable income...  

You guys are now ranting at God telling NCSOFT its not fair that person X is making 10x more income then i do, and can afford to spend it on the cash shop/currency exchange to help him get past the grind.  

Nothing that Person X can get is not obtainable without a Grind.  

So your just whinning that u cant get past the grind, yet that person can because he is paying for it.

Pay 2 win is someone who has breeze all of a sudden meets someone with the weapon called Typhoon, which is ONLY obtainable via NCOIN.  Typhoon can not  be obtained no matter how much one grinds, hence typhoon would be a pay 2 win item.  

Instead of ranting a storm on that, how about shifting this anger on BOTS.  

Who cares if a player pays to avoid the grind and gets geared up. 

If he's in your party, even better, he can carry the other members who arent up to par in passing that dungeon.  

However a AFK bot is the bane of existence in this game, and u guys should show prejudice to them, and not the ones who pay real money to keep this game alive.  

The solution is put soulstones in cash shop, bots go away because players will buy soulstones from cash-shop and flood the market, price will go down because the farmers will undercut the price and ncsoft gets his money.

Hot pies! I don't think it is beneficial enough to spend money on the game. The sub is certainly not making your life significantly better from what I see, and the cost of the items in the shop is by far to expensive to be practical.

20 hours ago, Jem said:

Tokens are in the shop because that stuff is outdated now.

Aren't Siren Belt and Pirate Bracelet still the best among their counterparts or am I missing something here? Because if they still are, the respective emblems/tokens to get each don't really qualify as outdated then.

1 hour ago, Immortal Technique said:

Of course they'll have to do content as well but to get into that content through the means of paying IRL cash is still paying to win... 

And you'd still be wrong. That's pay 2 not grind or pay 4 convenience. Still not the same thing as P2W, no matter how you slice it.

15 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Aren't Siren Belt and Pirate Bracelet still the best among their counterparts or am I missing something here? Because if they still are, the respective emblems/tokens to get each don't really qualify as outdated then.

And you'd still be wrong. That's pay 2 not grind or pay 4 convenience. Still not the same thing as P2W, no matter how you slice it.

Paying for convenience/Paying not to grind is still technically PAY TO WIN no matter how YOU 'slice it' considering that barely anyone does BRS/NSH 24 anymore and oh, look - what's in the store? YEAH, YOU GUESSED IT. Pirate emblems and siren seals.

5 minutes ago, Immortal Technique said:

Paying for convenience/Paying not to grind is still technically PAY TO WIN no matter how YOU 'slice it' 

Not as long as there are ways to get stuff without paying, which still is the case with the emblems. Dailies for the emblems are still there.

But whatever, keep on missing that point. Won't make you any less wrong on the matter.

3 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

You can't pay your way out of the grind, because even if you pay for Pirate emblems, you still need Poharan perfumes and Machismos. On with the grind...

The main reason I still do BSH and Blackram Supply Chain. Same for many others, I'm sure. None of them are in the Cash Shop. Yet. Not that I think I'd ever be THAT desperate to buy them if they were, but that's besides the point.

P.S.: I still refuse to call the former anything than Poharan Gun Oil. Renaming it to Perfume was a stupid decision.

Just now, Immortal Technique said:

You can buy gold to to then buy the perfume from the marketplace. P2W.

Also wrong. Also pay 2 not grind and pay 4 convenience. You can always run Blackram Supply Chain and BSH even after you're done with their dailies for these drops. No need to use the Marketplace.

Archived