This game is P2W crap. Stop spending money on NCSoft's greed

MooseWayne

How come there's siren and pirate tokens in the cash shop? Good god that means I can buy gear with real money. Plus I can buy gold with real money so that means you're practically selling power. Cash grab MMO BS NCSoft. You should change this before I and my dozens of friends quit this game. Okay so...This may look like a wall of text, but it's actually just a test to see if people actually read the post before commenting. Why the hell do you make the siren path cheaper anyways? That's practically forcing people into buying NCoins to spend on their gear since no one really runs the 24 man versions anymore. It's come to my attention that a lot of people in this forum are guilty of reading only the title of a thread and replying to that. So if you're reading this part, make sure to reply to this post and include the name of some kind of pastry in your reply. And what about oathbreaker? It looks cheaper at first but then people are sucker punched and have to grind way too much for a casual player, start over a new weapon, or just buy emblems.  Don't make it too obvious or it'll ruin the experiment. Just like how this post actually has "complaints" in it so I can maybe catch people that skim through a post instead of reading it all carefully. All the people I see with maxed out gear either no-lifed it or swiped for it. How is this fair to casual players? How can they ever catch up when they don't even have the gear to get in groups to run dungeons where they can get geared up? This game is just too unfriendly to new players and alts. Also, hopefully mods have a sense of humor and decide to keep this up so they can laugh at people who didn't read this. Or maybe they'll laugh at all the posts about pastries. This game is going to end up as P2W as Archeage and then the game will really end up dying. It's already dying but if NCSoft fixes the issues they can stop it from losing even more players

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it amazes me that so little people do not understand what pay2win means.

pay2win means that u need to pay money to get an item which vastly outclasses those which u earn in the game.

The more correct term u should be using, is Pay2NotGrind... or P2NG which includes exchanging converted currency into gold. 

Seriously, you don't need to buy pastries off the shop to keep up. If you're casual chances are you aren't planning to do 4-mans so you really are fine with Oathbreaker.

Prices for the new path will lower eventually, give it time.

Also, you can buy only 10 emblems per day from F10, so they're more of an help (though quite a big help).

1. Pre-max mats were ALWAYS in the cash shop. Nobody cared.

2. Others versions dont have siren/pirate path at all. It would normally have gotten removed.

3. I agree that the paths should be closer in price

4. I also agree that they should AT LEAST put the tokens in the HCOIN SHOP also. Ncoin only is just stupid.

5. Other than this messed up topic i dont think the game is p2w, including currency exchange

6. I wont include pastry in my post.. why would i. That's just childisch xD

Its called pay for convenience.

You have no clue what p2w is if you think bns is p2w.

P2w in spending 1,000 hrs in game and having the best stuff that gets slaughtered by someone who spent a few bucks.

Add in Aions "Oh noes you can only get max level healing potions with money" aspect with it and you get super p2w.

Learn what your talking about before blabbering nonsense next time.

Or at least look it up in the dictionary.

Moonwater merry potter + highQ fabrics(Back in first lauch), BSH4 Skill Books (Post launch), Honorary Ornaments (Naryu patch), Fang4 man bids + silverfrost merrypotter (50 patch), yeti skill books and sell hongmoon pellets to people (now). 

I did minimal research (40 mins on reddit) on every patch, and then I spend like 2 hours a day playing and taking advantage of the opportunities that will achieve my goal of making enough gold to support my upgrades. 

All I can say to you is, you wouldn't of end up complaining in forums had you took some time in doing research to look for opportunities to make gold.

Btw the stuff now is very casual friendly, when you get to the point where legendary need 300 Honorary Ornaments to upgrade (soonish), then you can come here and complain.

Moral of story: Knowing when and what to grind  > Mindless Grind/Swipe Card

Heh. I've never had any problems with actually working for my stuff. If you wanna get a boost for your real life money, go ahead. At least I don't lose sleep over what other people do with THEIR account.

2 hours ago, Naekuh said:

pay2win means that u need to pay money to get an item which vastly outclasses those which u earn in the game.

No it doesn't.
It means paying real money to get an advantage.

In arena pvp it simply ignores all the bought equipment that you possibly can get with your "p2w" mindset. It doesn't change much so it's pretty much skills. Faction stuff? Simply the biggest faction has upper hand but does not mean that it is the p2w party. In dungeons you only get advantage since people blindly want 500+ AP for dungeons. Other than that, I have no idea how you can get this game to be p2w.

What comes to the Siren and Pirate emblems they are simply there to help out people who are too lazy and whiny to grind them with dailies. You need maybe 3-6 people to do the 24-man areas (yes it takes longer but still possible) to complete the quests. The low drops on emblems simply is to poke the players to choose Oathbreaker path instead of the old Siren/Pirate path.

46 minutes ago, Fuz said:

lol if you pay and you dont get advantage why some1 go pay?

Im a free player and i dont think game is p2w is normal if you pay you get stuffs fast! you can get all your gear for free so no is not p2w.

But yea i dont like see bsh24 desert make hard get emblems

If you are a prem, you'd already know that the Dragon Express can sell your Dark Pirate weapon for the piny price of 14 and your pirate for 20ish emblems. By the time I started this game I have ~50 from normal runs. I don't see where the drama coems from. 

Just want to say, I work 10-12 hours a day, spend time with my girlfriend, and what not, I've only been casually playing for 3 months now, and have true pirate +10 weapon, true siren +10 accessory, and oath +10 bracelet (4.5k crit, and 507 AP, lv 50, HM6), not saying it's the best, but it's enough to do any dungeon. You don't need to play allot to gear up, just know what to farm, and what to do. Ravioli or Spaghetti are my favorites, since you must know. You can easily make 20+g a day only playing for a couple hours.

As for pay to win. Emblems aren't even the main part in upgrading a weapon or accessory, they aren't very hard to farm, The main costly things are a) gold, b) soulstones, and c) transformation stones. 2/3 of which you can't just up and buy with ncoin. Now yes, you can buy gold with ncoin using the currency exchange (and get the other items via market). But at the same time, if someone is willing to spend a thousand dollars to gear up a little bit (wouldn't even let them come close to max), then I say so be it. A game can't run if it doesn't make money, they need to pay their employees, servers, and everything else. Pleople who spend money allow you to play for free.

7 hours ago, Naekuh said:

The more correct term u should be using, is Pay2NotGrind... or P2NG which includes exchanging converted currency into gold. 

It's still pay to win, it's just a new evolved version of pay to win.

8 hours ago, Naekuh said:

You can buy in game gold by spending real money. If that's not pay to win, nothing is.

When you see OP doesn't reply, high chance that this is a troll/bait post. These types of posts, although the topic looks ridiculous and serve no purpose, can provoke "war". Like Apple vs Android, DC vs Marvel and so on. Therefore, you're better off ignoring it and save yourself from trouble

pay to win is also u pay for items and get all in one day what we can get here...while we real players need more than 3 months with hardcore playing ofc

especialy in cabal u can check pay and get all great items in one day or work for them more than 1 year if not more end of topic

no need to be bothered by the p2w players they just want to rush there items to the max upgrade.. items has max upgrade then why rush? you can get enough gold grinding dailes. if you get all your items maxed whats the points of playing anymore if you get your max items using p2w method so its better to enjoy the game and do it slowly.. its there choice to pay not your's.  a 500 ap is enough to do all heroic dungeon 4man.. i saw in youtube 4 lvl 49 players can do 4man yeti so dont be discourage your only enemy in this game is lag.. also pvp is not item base :D

im quiting cuz my server is dying same as the name of our server hajoon.. soulstone plain  is a ghost town no one is doing blackwyrm anymore misty wood is also a ghost town

a server merge will be the answer 

Frankly, most of the people don't know what P2W (pay to win) means, since each group have their own interpretations of this acronym. And I personally dislike when people exaggerate. Like say that p2w is when you get a item that is so powerful that is superior to any other that someone that don't pay real money could achieve any time soon. C'mon, point me one game that this really happens.

For me, any F2P (free to play) game is P2W. But wait! Before that triggers your anger and impulse to depreciate my opinion and person, let me explain.

First what is "win"? Victory. Is the fulfillment of your objectives. You killed that mob, you acquired an item, you reach a level, etc. If, for example, my current objective is to get a certain amount of in game currency, like 50g, I will spend a few hours or days, trying to do it the most efficient way that I know. Or I could use my real money, to buy a virtual currency that I'll use exchange for the same amount. That means that I'm paying (real money) to achieve my objective, and so win.

P2W is to give yourself an advantage over others that don't spend real money. Now, is that a bad thing? I don't thing so. Unless is a competitive game, and the bought item does really make difference in comparison to the items that someone acquire with in game effort. Is also not a problem if is a matter of pride getting hurt. For real, people that complains about others getting things easily than them, when that doesn't really affect his game but just their prides, shouldn't be respected at all.

8 minutes ago, Shaidon said:

For me, any F2P (free to play) game is P2W.

I understand and kind of agree with this. Though this game does not give that huge advantage over other games in which pvp and arena type of pvp are decided purely by level and equipment. Here it's balanced.

I also note that in owpvp it is different since there are people with higher gear faster but does this give that much advantage? Answer is not really. Those people are most likely to be in the more dominant faction anyway so even without the maxed gears they would be dominant since even with maxed gear you cannot win lets say 1 vs 20. And let's be honest, P2W players tend to have less skills in their play due to too fast upgrading and then demanding those insane 550-700 AP (exaggeration) to finish dungeons that can be easily finished with lower equips. I am not saying all of them are unskilled but most of them tend to turn out to be that way.

Archived