Forums

Letter to NCSoft - Mend the Broken

Sugar Rush

Let's be honest, there have been enough complaints on this forum, bladeandsouldojo, reddit, twitter, and god knows how many tickets to realize at this point in the game that you messed up, in more places than one. The problem doesn't lie in actual mistakes you made, it lies in the lack of acknowledgement of the issues. Even a response from someone, anyone really, would be at least a little encouraging. Below are a list of issues that exist currently and need addressing.

1. NCSoft Account Security
There have been numerous complaints of accounts being stolen and it seems like the NCSoft answer to this is the 2-step authentication. While this works great for preventing attackers from getting into the game, it does zero against attackers trying to get into your account from the main site. Why would you require the 2-step authentication in game and not to manage your account, you know, where all our credit card information is stored. Not only this but when attackers get into the main account they change the email and the true account holder doesn't even get an email that it changed, it only goes to the hacker's email. The answer is simple, change account access to require 2-step authentication.

2. GameGuard
Once again, there have been numerous complaints of stutter lag this week and non-coincidently, GameGuard was re-enabled. I understand the push to fight hackers and bots, but I don't understand the willingness to sacrifice game players in order to do so. It has been made historically apparent that GameGuard causes issues for a large portion of people, enough so that you disabled it other games (Aion). I mean we get it, bots were taking money out of your pocket, but you are losing the people who put money in your pockets.

I can personally testify to this as last week I was doing so much damage, I was pulling aggro in Soul Plains, now I lag for seconds at a time and loot doesn't even drop for me. The stutter lag during terror kills has lost me enough prestige where it isn't even worth it anymore. In the Harvest Festival, I could usually get two credit kills on the bosses that spawned, now I can't even get one, forget about the final boss. Arena lag is so bad, it probably looks like I'm deranking on purpose. The only content that is even possible for me now is grouped content because I am forced to mooch off of my clan mates. As a player who invested approximately 3 months of my time in this game, I am considering leaving as it has become unplayable, I can't imagine what players who started weeks ago are thinking, my guess is that they are already gone.

The solution here? Disable GameGuard again, the bots and hackers are still present and I'm willing to wager, the number of bots you got rid of is less than the players who stopped playing. Plus bots re-emerge, like weeks, especially in free-to-play games, lost players are lost forever.

3. Community Interaction
There are hundreds of posts every day and I have not seen one post stating that things are being looked into. There are no tweets or answers to community questions only status updates on whether the server is up or down. All I see are threads being deleted and topics moved. Your customers are over here screaming for answers and we are being told nothing. The community gets asked nothing about future plans regarding content release dates or released costumes. What about events? During beta we had events all the time with reasonable rewards, now that the $125 master pack cash grab is over, no more events? Have you ever polled the community on anything? Is there anybody even there?

For example, like many other users, I just wrote this long topic which is more or less a desperate plea to save this game from the downward spiral it is currently in. Will anyone respond? Even a "hey just read what you wrote, we are looking into at least one of these things" is fine. Something, to show us that you aren't a robot, on a fixed released schedule with money as the sole fuel that feeds you. 

I just started playing a week ago and got my first month of premium and literally 2 days later game guard was added and I just can't even try to enjoy the game anymore. NCSoft will not see another dime of my money until they address this and bring the game back to it's previous state. I would never have invested anything had I known right after I did they would make it impossible for me to play the game at a consistent fps without lag.

Archived