MY INITIAL ACCOUNT GOT HACKED!

Hello,

I am using an alternate account to write this.

My main account got hacked today and got its pass changed..Moreover,there was somewhat intrusion in the email with which I made my main account to verify the pass change.

I sent Bns support a ticket and an email..It says the request was submitted but no reply yet.

I checked extensions and there is nothing odd about them,I checked programs and there is nothing odd about them either.

I don't recall entering any weird or malicious site nor click on any flashy ad.

I NEVER bought gold.

So wtf is going on?Did Bns servers get hacked?

Hey,

You might've noticed but a lot of people have been getting hacked recently. I'm one of those people.

My issues have been resolved and i'm going to share with you what I did.

You've made a new account and submitted a ticket, Good! -> you'll have to wait 24hr's for the first reply, they'll say something along the line "we're sorry that this has happenned, answer these questions". 24hr's later, after you've answered their questions, they'll tell you this : "We believe that your email has been compromised, make a new email and submit a ticket to -this email- with the reference in the title of your mail." 6-10hr's later they'll notify you that the email on your original account has been changed to your new desired email. Final step : Make a new ticket asking for your stolen items/gold. 

These items are most likely gone : Moonstones, Soulstones, Salvageable outfits, repair tools, unsealing charms, frozen darts, any trans stone, gold.

NCsoft will refund gold and outfits, but items which have been sold on the market will be lost forever.

Out of the 400g worth of items that have been stolen from my characters I got 240g refunded and my outfits, not that bad I must say.

If any hater join this conversation ignore them, modern day hackers do more then make you download keyloggers. e.g. weak databases get hacked -> info gets sold -> they look for identical accounts in BnS. (let's say you used this account info in another free-to-play mmo, that info)

The system NCsoft uses has some major flaws, email and password linked to an account can be changed without confirmation to the original email. The only thing that will be notified to the original email are the removal of the 2-step verification, and log-ins from different IP's. 

Make sure to scan your computer with free software such as malwarebytes to look for any unwanted software.

You've been unlucky together with me and a lot of other players, this issue is solveable but it will take a couple of days.

Good luck!

I am writing this reply with my main account that is permanently banned.. Somehow I am able to log into forums and their websites and stuff...

I also wrote on this forum about my story to share my frustrations who are dealing with the same stuff...

It also has been more than 24hours since I submitted my ticket.

people who are innocent are getting banned for no reason due to NCsoft's horrible system, customer support, and etc.

They do not have a phone-line to help people out as I am sure they would get tons of phone calls regarding these issues.

The only phone number they have is to claim charges for purchasing Ncoins and stuff so I also did call them as I don't want to

sit back and get banned for no reason and lose my days on premium and other stuff that I worked hard for. however, the only thing I get

is that their department only handles the charge back issues and I would have to submit a ticket online..

Seems to me, they are aware of their horrible customer support, short staffed, and have no ability to assist customers over by the phone.

Anyways, they banned me as soon as I logged off for account theft. Saying, I stole my own account haha.

I was and am stressed about this issue and I just hope that somehow we can start complaints on this forum so it reaches

someone who manages their customer support and actually do something about it.

This is pretty much taking customer's money and banning them even if he or she really committed something or not and ignoring

people in any way possible.

I know this is just a video game, but it's my serious hobby and I will take serious actions regarding this matter.

Some people would laugh at me but I don't care. I don't want my time, effort, and money to go to waste because of some stupid unprofessional

game developing company who are good at making games but horrible at managing them.

2 hours ago, Sadashi said:

Hey,

You might've noticed but a lot of people have been getting hacked recently. I'm one of those people.

My issues have been resolved and i'm going to share with you what I did.

You've made a new account and submitted a ticket, Good! -> you'll have to wait 24hr's for the first reply, they'll say something along the line "we're sorry that this has happenned, answer these questions". 24hr's later, after you've answered their questions, they'll tell you this : "We believe that your email has been compromised, make a new email and submit a ticket to -this email- with the reference in the title of your mail." 6-10hr's later they'll notify you that the email on your original account has been changed to your new desired email. Final step : Make a new ticket asking for your stolen items/gold. 

These items are most likely gone : Moonstones, Soulstones, Salvageable outfits, repair tools, unsealing charms, frozen darts, any trans stone, gold.

NCsoft will refund gold and outfits, but items which have been sold on the market will be lost forever.

Out of the 400g worth of items that have been stolen from my characters I got 240g refunded and my outfits, not that bad I must say.

If any hater join this conversation ignore them, modern day hackers do more then make you download keyloggers. e.g. weak databases get hacked -> info gets sold -> they look for identical accounts in BnS. (let's say you used this account info in another free-to-play mmo, that info)

The system NCsoft uses has some major flaws, email and password linked to an account can be changed without confirmation to the original email. The only thing that will be notified to the original email are the removal of the 2-step verification, and log-ins from different IP's. 

Make sure to scan your computer with free software such as malwarebytes to look for any unwanted software.

You've been unlucky together with me and a lot of other players, this issue is solveable but it will take a couple of days.

Good luck!

Thank you,this is useful.

Now,at least,I can just sit back and play LOL till they hopefully solve the problem.I assume I am gonna miss my Night Luna outfit from spin wheel at this rate too?Oh well. :(

I already got the mail with the questions..I sent them back my answers in 3 mails because,I did some errors out of frustration...Hopefully that won't hurdle the process.

Btw,did they give you any additional compensation other than that portion of your initial gold and stuff?

Thanks again..If you have more info,feel free to let me know.

@Daram

I feel your frustration,friend.

It really sucks when you lose an account you have been working on for some good time..

However,this is far better than getting more private stuff hacked like say "FB account" etc so I am glad it didn't go more serious.

I am in the stage of sending the new ticket and wait for them to reactivate my account. Their response is very slow takes a day or two. I didn't even get the automated message. It's just really frustrating because I want to grind some gold so I can continue upgrade some gear. It seems there is no way to reach them except these slow tickets.

14 minutes ago, little bucky said:

I am in the stage of sending the new ticket and wait for them to reactivate my account. Their response is very slow takes a day or two. I didn't even get the automated message. It's just really frustrating because I want to grind some gold so I can continue upgrade some gear. It seems there is no way to reach them except these slow tickets.

I was told earlier the gold and tradable stuff get hacked as well as salvageable outfits and that they can only give you the outfits and the gold back.

I am so annoyed right now.lol

GG :(

58 minutes ago, Ratatatouille said:

I was told earlier the gold and tradable stuff get hacked as well as salvageable outfits and that they can only give you the outfits and the gold back.

I am so annoyed right now.lol

GG :(

Since I havent get my account yet. I cant really tell you what is really going on. It would be horrible for me because I grind a lot of TF stones moonstones and soul stones. They probably worth 100-150 gold. It took me 3-4 days to grind. So this whole hacked account thing cost me a week plus the time I cant play for 3 days which is probably even more.

I'll keep you posted when I got my account back and see if we can get all our staff back.

@little bucky

Ok,I FINALLY got my account back today.

As promised,I am gonna tell you what happened:

First the support sent me a mail with these questions:

• What are the names of any characters (and the server they are on) that you are hoping to recover?
• What date of birth did you use when you created the account?
• List all possible emails that you would have used on the NC Account.
• Does anyone you know have your password?
• What is the country/city where the account was first created?
• Did you login your account outside the country? If yes, please specify the country.
• Did you recently change the email of your account?

That was after I sent ticket by like 4-6 hours.

I sent them the reply like 3 hours later when I checked the email again.

They replied back after like 12 hours or more and told me they temporarily banned my account so it would stay safe and to make a new email and send them another ticket from that new mail with mentioning my older ticket number so they can follow up the case.

I sent them back after like 1-2 hours when I noticed the mail.

they really take their time and after like 10 hours or more they reply back and tell me that my account now uses the new email and ask me to put a new password,verify through email etc and after some minutes I could log in back.

I find everything I had not changed..All my gold,outfits etc are all the same on my both characters..(I am relatively poor to begin with,I have only around 40 gold total on both characters if not less T_T).

Only thing that changed is that it asks me to put a new forum name,I try to put the one I used before I got hacked and it would tell me that name is already in use!

I just sent them a ticket to get that matter fixed,I also ask them to give me back the wasted spins on my daily dash because,they took some good time to fix that I missed around 4 free spins already. :(

Seeing that my account is pretty much the same in terms of gold etc,I am not sure if the hacker really hacked me to steal gold or stuff etc.

He might have hacked me to steal my stuff but probably had my account on reserve and didn't have time to steal its stuff before it got recovered or may be someone who wanted to prevent me from progressing in game or logging in,in general or may be someone who wanted to sell the account itself or may be he wanted to use the account himself though it seems that my characters were not used by the hacker at all.

May be they felt pity for me because,I am so poor u_u?lol

May be its someone who is trying to attack NCsoft themselves by just hacking the accounts of others to get people to leave game which would be a strategy of one of the game's competitors or just very dissatisfied clients that just want revenge?

You never know.

Anyway,judging from the increasing number of the hack incidents the past few days that I can see on the forums,I think Blade and soul security has been breached one way or another (even if "some" users were not aware and shared part of the blame) and NCsoft needs to be careful or else they might lose many customers in little time.

Getting hacked is a really serious matter,NCsoft,be careful! (in case anyone of their staff reads this)

It scares clients off and gets them dissatisfied very quickly so they won't trust you anymore either specially when it messes up with their privacy in the process.Hence,that might affect all your current games and games you release in the future.

This is not but an advice and my opinion on the matter.

I hope you recover your account soon,little bucky.

Archived