Ncsoft, your servers/client ARE FULL OF HOLES, EASY? TO HACK ACC

HeiHua

If not gmail security key, me and my 2 friends would probably got hacked by someone this week. 

I dont know about my friends, but as myself i didnt enter any cheats offering or gold offering sites, havent download any software for this game, but i still got an messege on my mail with security key. 

How long it will remain like that, what if your full of holes server will leak my email and then they will attack gmail to enforce passwords for them?  

I have no words, in any mmo i ever played never something like this happen. Even stupid tibia or metin2 had better security on their servers than you ncsoft, shame. 

I already got hacked today and the hacker also managed to confirm pass change for my initial account through my mail and now I CANT ENTER MY ACCOUNT since then. :(

I also never buy gold and try to never click a weird link or ad..I am aware such flashy ads could be filled with viruses or hack malware so I never click them.

I notice no odd program nor extension so only reason I might have got hacked is through their server itself being hacked.

I am ok with them hacking account,I can leave game and not give 2 fks about it after.

BUT DON'T VENT THE HACKERS OFF TO MY MAIL!

17 minutes ago, Ratatatouille said:

I already got hacked today and the hacker also managed to confirm pass change for my initial account through my mail and now I CANT ENTER MY ACCOUNT since then. :(

I also never buy gold and try to never click a weird link or ad..I am aware such flashy ads could be filled with viruses or hack malware so I never click them.

I notice no odd program nor extension so only reason I might have got hacked is through their server itself being hacked.

I am ok with them hacking account,I can leave game and not give 2 fks about it after.

BUT DON'T VENT THE HACKERS OFF TO MY MAIL!

First and foremost:

CHANGE YOUR EMAIL PASSWORD IMMEDIATELY. Make it a password you don't use anywhere else, and make it a strong password (StaRWarS9870123 is not a clever or strong password). If you're using Yahoo email, stop it. I’m not positive why, but it seems to be the most insecure email service of all time. Make sure you set up two-factor authentication on your email, if at all possible. I cannot emphasize this enough! CHANGE YOUR EMAIL PASSWORD FIRST.

Send in a Support ticket https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us or email support@bladeandsoul.com . Only Support can help you, not anyone on the forums. Expect 24-48 hours for a response. Don’t “bump” your ticket, as that will just reset its place in the queue.

Then check if your email was in a known compromise incident here: https://haveibeenpwned.com/ It can give you an idea just how vulnerable your information is and why you shouldn’t use the same logins/passwords across multiple services.

There are perfectly fine, free antivirus software programs you can use, if you don't have one already (Avast, Avira, AVG, etc). Tbqh, they're better than nothing. Scan your computer with a program like Malwarebytes https://www.malwarebytes.org/ to see if you have any known baddies on your computer. You don’t need the premium trial. Just untick that at the end of the install process.

If you had your credit card saved to your account (which is a bad idea; please avoid doing that), contact your bank and have a hold put on your card. I do not recommend doing a chargeback through your bank if there were any fraudulent charges. Work with NCSupport first.

In further:

Never use your game password anywhere else except for your game.

Never use your email password anywhere else except for your email.

Names, places, birthdays, etc are not good passwords. Here's a suggestion on how to create decent passwords: http://www.howtogeek.com/195430/how-to-create-a-strong-password-and-remember-it/?PageSpeed=noscript

@AionCheesecake

You do understand I am aware of all these points,already,right?

I am not an amateur.

Also I have been using same yahoo mail for games since forever..I NEVER GOT HACKED!NEVER!

I played probably over 10 MMORPGs  where most of them were with same mail and NEVER GOT HACKED!

I never got hacked even in RUNESCAPE!

I already changed email password once I knew I was hacked,I already have AVG antivirus and a norton addon for my browser. :)

I never click weird links,never buy from gold sellers,never use my log in info unless for game or for official forums.

I never give my pass and ID to anyone.

I even rarely let out personal info about myself..I even hardly share my DOB. :)

Only 1 that probably knew more about my system was Bns support that I mailed to help me fix some lag issues.

So if their servers are leaking info,my mails to them might have been leaked and so was my mail.

If that is true then I will no longer trust this company nor consider the game reliable.

2 minutes ago, Ratatatouille said:

@AionCheesecake

You do understand I am aware of all these points,already,right?

I am not an amateur.

Also I have been using same yahoo mail for games since forever..I NEVER GOT HACKED!NEVER!

I played probably over 10 MMORPGs  where most of them were with same mail and NEVER GOT HACKED!

I never got hacked even in RUNESCAPE!

I already changed email password once I knew I was hacked,I already have AVG antivirus and a norton addon for my browser. :)

I never click weird links,never buy from gold buyers,never use my log in info unless for game or for official forums.

I never give my pass and ID to anyone.

I even rarely let out personal info about myself..I even hardly share my DOB. :)

Only 1 that probably knew more about my system was Bns support that I mailed to help me fix some lag issues.

So if their servers are leaking info,my mails to them might have been leaked and so was my mail.

If that is true then I will no longer trust this company nor consider the game reliable.

Must have been magic then.

1 minute ago, Balefire said:

Ha-ha so funny.

I wouldn't be surprised if its from their servers getting hacked specially seeing the great amount of bots..Even League Of Legends servers got hacked at some point.

If you get hacked sometime,you will understand how "magic" the matter is though I don't wish for anyone to get hacked..It sucks.

2 minutes ago, Balefire said:

Magic, or NCSoft's fault, y'know! It can't possibly be anything else! It can't possibly be some service somewhere got breached (hence that super helpful link I posted!), outside of NCsoft, or within it, too (WildStar forums breach)!

/snark.

3 minutes ago, AionCheesecake said:

Magic, or NCSoft's fault, y'know! It can't possibly be anything else! It can't possibly be some service somewhere got breached (hence that super helpful link I posted!), outside of NCsoft, or within it, too (WildStar forums breach)!

/snark.

If there had been a server breach I imagine that there would be alot more than the few individuals I see posting on the forums creating a huge outcry about it. Not to mention that NCSoft is legally required to report the breach of account info. So until that happens I am going to go with the idea that the breach occurred on the users end.

8 minutes ago, Ratatatouille said:

Ha-ha so funny.

I wouldn't be surprised if its from their servers getting hacked specially seeing the great amount of bots..Even League Of Legends servers got hacked at some point.

If you get hacked sometime,you will understand how "magic" the matter is though I don't wish for anyone to get hacked..It sucks.

Bots on servers have nothing to do with a server hack. Those programs are run from the user end. And League of Legends getting their Server hacked would have absolutely nothing to do with NCSoft servers. 

I dont wish getting hacked on anyone either. It is foolish however to assume that the issue is server side rather than something that happened due to activity on your computer.

@Balefire

As I said,I have not done anything that expose me to get hacked recently and I am aware of these info?

Evidence:that's like the first time I get hacked?I have been using the internet for like 10-12 years?

League of Legends getting hacked surely has something to do with it..Its good example of Riot which is a good company getting hacked at some point so let alone "NCsoft".

Also Quoted from NCsoft support mail:

" We have received multiple reports of players with experiences similar to your own. "

They don't have to say it on forums.

Many of them go directly for support like I did..I didn't try to post on forums till I found they really took good time to send me reply (probably more than 5-6 hours).

7 minutes ago, Ratatatouille said:

@Balefire

As I said,I have not done anything that expose me to get hacked recently and I am aware of these info?

Evidence:that's like the first time I get hacked?I have been using the internet for like 10-12 years?

League of Legends getting hacked surely has something to do with it..Its good example of Riot which is a good company getting hacked at some point so let alone "NCsoft".

I have played NCSoft MMO's since Lineage 1 was in beta testing in 1998. Not once have their servers been breached to my knowledge. As a matter of fact I read an article years ago talking about NCSofts servers having tighter security on them then most bank servers.  So once again comparing a company that actually has been hacked with one that there has never been a verified hack of (to my knowledge) isnt relevant to the conversation. 

4 minutes ago, Balefire said:

I have played NCSoft MMO's since Lineage 1 was in beta testing in 1998. Not once have their servers been breached to my knowledge. As a matter of fact I read an article years ago talking about NCSofts servers having tighter security on them then most bank servers.  So once again comparing a company that actually has been hacked with one that there has never been a verified hack of (to my knowledge) isnt relevant to the conversation. 

Whatever.

52 minutes ago, Balefire said:

As a matter of fact I read an article years ago talking about NCSofts servers having tighter security on them then most bank servers.  

your kidding right?

tell me your trolling, to actually believe a statement like that.

A bank will easily spend in 1 day what NCSoft will spend in 1 yr on security. 

And Asian banks are even more psycho with security requiring a security coded USB to be inserted inside the PC in order to access your account because hackers are just too dayam smart over there.  

So no... NCSoft's security stronger then a banks?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA u mean the mattress u have at home with the dollars bills inside it?  Because if ur talking about a real financial institution then again... ROFL... 

They should add some security system like they have on FFXIV, that one time password, that you can get only with your phone (Yes this is bound to your phone number 100% and none else can do it) for preventing hacking etc.

2 minutes ago, Saoyara said:

They should add some security system like they have on FFXIV, that one time password, that you can get only with your phone (Yes this is bound to your phone number 100% and none else can do it) for preventing hacking etc.

We already have 2 step authentication. The problem is that it's only for Blade and Soul login. So if your account is compromised, the hacker can just change your account information without ever needing to use the code

2 minutes ago, MooseWayne said:

We already have 2 step authentication. The problem is that it's only for Blade and Soul login. So if your account is compromised, the hacker can just change your account information without ever needing to use the code

No but you know that if someone hack you, they can actually disable that 2nd step? Is just retarded, the one from FFXIV was always outside the PC, using one app for android that everytime you used it was giving you a completely different 2nd password. 

It also helps to not share Skype id's or anything else since they can easily grab your IPs. Don't use anything other than ingame chat with people you barely know, there are a lot of people who play nice and they seem real but they can be hackers. Even the people you know for long time can attempt to hack you. People don't care about friendship, they have one mission, gain trust  & hack you

17 hours ago, AionCheesecake said:

/snark.

plzzz

Some guys just does brutal force against their servers being ddosed. 

Those servers are pure shit, dont be surprised if your acc will get hacked and card numbers from it as well. 

I already dissabled paypal payment since someone entered my passoword few time wrong... YESTERDAY. 

NCSOFT GET YOUR *cricket*ING SHIT TOGETHER. 

Archived