People quitting and then Ranting about the game.

Balefire

I was going to post this as a reply in another thread but once I got done typing it I figured it was too long.

I am sure I will get labeled a White Knight for pointing this out. Because obviously if I disagree with the people who dislike the issues that the game has enough to quit than I am blind to them and will automatically defend the company for no reason.

Why do people quit the game? They quit because their desire to play the game does not out weigh their desire to not deal with whatever it is that irritates them.

Some of them come on the forums and type out long diatribes about how much the game sucks and why they are going to go play something else. My observation is that if it sucks that bad and you hate it that much why are you here talking about it? Why not walk away?

Instead they come here looking for validation from others. They try their hardest to get others to jump on the hate bandwagon and make themselves feel better about being bitter about a game they actually really do want to play. Cause you know, if they didn't care then why be upset about it. 

They talk about how they "Know" the game is dying, and there is no way it is attracting new customers or retaining old ones. Fact is, they have no idea and no way of knowing those things unless they work for NCsofts billing department.

This game exists in multiple markets and sustains itself in multiple markets. These bitter people try to say that NCSoft is killing the game and how they just don't care. Maybe they don't, I wouldn't know, I don't work for NCSoft. However it doesn't make any sort of business sense to deliberately drive your cash cow into the ground.

NCSoft is a successful company that has been producing successful games for a very long time. I think they might actually have a handle on what they are doing. But I am sure key board cowboys from all other walks of life know better than they do..... right? 

Yes there are bots. All games that have micro-transactions have bots because there is a market for gold. Fact of life. 

Yes there are optimization issues. If you cant handle it then it isnt the game for you. No harm no foul, its F2P, nobody is asking you for anything and you still get to play and for the most part you can adjust your settings to compensate and not have to deal with many at all.

OWPVP is unfair or unregulated - You have to put on the dobok to open world pvp. If you dont want to pvp then dont. You arent missing out on anything you cant get elsewhere. It is your choice.

Game is P2W - Nope. It just isnt. There is nothing needed to progress in the game that is available on the cash store that you cannot get in game. Yes it take longer to get it in game. Yes you have to grind stuff out rather than getting instant gratification. Toughen up and pull on your big kid pants and get to grinding if you dont want to take the fast lane by shelling out a few bucks. 

Game is a grind fest - Yes there are grind aspects to the game. Are they unreasonable? Nope. At least not to anyone who has played MMO's for longer than the last 10 years. Having to run a dungeon 50 times to get your weapon t drop because you dont want to by a key to get it after one run is cake compared to running dungeons for months and competing with everyone in your party to get the 1/1000 drop is so much worse. Let alone watching it blow up when you try to over enchant it.

In any case. I am done ranting. For those that are quitting. Goodbye. Best of luck. For those who are sticking it out. Congrats for sticking with it. I look forward to seeing you in game. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly half of that people that makes those kind of threads about quitting definetly lack of atention somehow, but they are no less than those people that try to deffend their threads and acusing others of White Knight only cause someone is being honest (cause being realistic, is pathetic atention calling threads) about not liking those kind of threads, but well you know, its the internet, there's all kind of ppl out there, good thread thou :).

39 minutes ago, Balefire said:

This game exists in multiple markets and sustains itself in multiple markets. These bitter people try to say that NCSoft is killing the game and how they just don't care. Maybe they don't, I wouldn't know, I don't work for NCSoft. However it doesn't make any sort of business sense to deliberately drive your cash cow into the ground.

Yes there are optimization issues. If you cant handle it then it isnt the game for you. No harm no foul, its F2P, nobody is asking you for anything and you still get to play and for the most part you can adjust your settings to compensate and not have to deal with many at all.

yes they do kill the game themselves

and optimization is huge issue. do you know that people have reported fps drops and ping issues since 1st beta? we're talking about almost 6 months here, and not 1-2 weeks to say they don't have time for fix. do you know what's worse? even before beta was released they knew that game suffers from poor optimization and all versions have an optimization patch. since they already know that, our version should already have such patch. 6 months from beta and no optimization patch. even when lowering my settings to low and ctrl-F, fps refuse to go up. it's preposterous to go from 70-80 fps on ultra(only shadows are on 4/5) to 20ish fps with stutters every few seconds on low settings+ctrl-F. i play Black Desert on high settings at 50ish fps, and game is stable even on GvG pvp. not to mention that game guard crap. it's malware that causes tons of problems in the game, it doesn't prevent hackers and bots, and they don't remove it. it's like police know you're a murderer but they don't arrest you

Because sitting quiet while NCSoft reams us from behind ensures nothing will ever get fixed. Visibility is important, and consistently putting real issues into the light promotes the chance they will get fixed. Yes some complaints are silly and unfounded like the P2W and Grindfest ones. But there's some real serious complaints in there as well. Gameguard being a disaster of a program that solves nothing and punishes players, Faction balance is a complete joke (And not something I ever expect to see fixed, they tried for 5 years in Aion and never got it right), The very poor lack of communication with the players, The integrity of the PvP arena is utterly gutted with bots, Platinum is Silver at this point, the game Optimization is a complete whiff, this whole recent thing with 2 step authentication and stealing accounts which isn;t the games fault but is seriously something NCsoft needs to fix.

BnS has the potential to be good, it's there, other regions are fantastic. But this NA version is a complete crapshoot compared to the JP version.

i dont see the problem at least ppl give reasons because it leaves.(this can help ncs) And the true is all days you see more post about this so i think is a nice alarm that something is wrong.

More sad is this post is obvious game have lots off problems why be bothered when ppl poit the problms off game

1 hour ago, Balefire said:

Game is a grind fest - Yes there are grind aspects to the game. Are they unreasonable? Nope. At least not to anyone who has played MMO's for longer than the last 10 years. Having to run a dungeon 50 times to get your weapon t drop because you dont want to by a key to get it after one run is cake compared to running dungeons for months and competing with everyone in your party to get the 1/1000 drop is so much worse. Let alone watching it blow up when you try to over enchant it.

Even you have the limit of how much grind you can handle so why not others?

1 hour ago, Balefire said:

I was going to post this as a reply in another thread but once I got done typing it I figured it was too long.

I am sure I will get labeled a White Knight for pointing this out. Because obviously if I disagree with the people who dislike the issues that the game has enough to quit than I am blind to them and will automatically defend the company for no reason.

Why do people quit the game? They quit because their desire to play the game does not out weigh their desire to not deal with whatever it is that irritates them.

Some of them come on the forums and type out long diatribes about how much the game sucks and why they are going to go play something else. My observation is that if it sucks that bad and you hate it that much why are you here talking about it? Why not walk away?

Instead they come here looking for validation from others. They try their hardest to get others to jump on the hate bandwagon and make themselves feel better about being bitter about a game they actually really do want to play. Cause you know, if they didn't care then why be upset about it. 

They talk about how they "Know" the game is dying, and there is no way it is attracting new customers or retaining old ones. Fact is, they have no idea and no way of knowing those things unless they work for NCsofts billing department.

NCSoft is a successful company that has been producing successful games for a very long time. I think they might actually have a handle on what they are doing. But I am sure key board cowboys from all other walks of life know better than they do..... right? 

Yes there are bots. All games that have micro-transactions have bots because there is a market for gold. Fact of life. 

OWPVP is unfair or unregulated - You have to put on the dobok to open world pvp. If you dont want to pvp then dont. You arent missing out on anything you cant get elsewhere. It is your choice.

Game is P2W - Nope. It just isnt. There is nothing needed to progress in the game that is available on the cash store that you cannot get in game. Yes it take longer to get it in game. Yes you have to grind stuff out rather than getting instant gratification. Toughen up and pull on your big kid pants and get to grinding if you dont want to take the fast lane by shelling out a few bucks. 

In any case. I am done ranting. For those that are quitting. Goodbye. Best of luck. For those who are sticking it out. Congrats for sticking with it. I look forward to seeing you in game. 

being labelled whiteknight on these terms only shows the process of thinking of ppl here on the forum. ur points r imo valid and i totally agree with them (especially the cowboy part). yes ncsoft is a large company with several active mmo yet u still get some individuals who claim to know better and (which imo is worse) infect their way of thinking onto others. It is like this ncsoft security thread where all forms of baaad baaad things r to blame and obviously NC! In all honesty as much as i enjoyed reading this thread im sure most ppl choose to ignore it. ignorance is bliss. I am a senior dev. i work with customers daily. their wishes desires what they want improved etc and in a safe way i can come to the conclusion that the consumer is in the eyes of the developer always dumb. that is fact. solutions nowdays have to be made idiot proof. But still the saaaaame cycle continues. planning, developing, implementing and its always the same same thing! a consumer HARDLY EVER complains in the planning stage but after implementation they come up with ideas and how things could be better. its just human. It is annoying but i just ignore it for the most part. The ppl that know will understand while the rest will just think "huh? what r u talking about?"

TLDR;

all valid points. sadly humanity will prevent most gamers to grasp this concept

Do what I do and just stop reading most threads. I hardly post compared to a month ago now because everything is literally the same and a fair chunk of people don't actually want to discuss anything, they just want to be right and have everyone agree with them.

3 minutes ago, HailNKill said:

This is a feedback forum,if you don't like seeing them YOU should just leave.

At what point in my post did I say I didn't like seeing them? I am all for feed back that has a purpose and promotes forward motion in the game. Both for developers and for the players. There is a difference however between useful feedback and anger fueled vitriolic hate posts that do nothing but complain about the known issues with no purpose other than to express their disdain for this game and how some other game is better. That isnt useful feed back. 

2 minutes ago, Balefire said:

At what point in my post did I say I didn't like seeing them? I am all for feed back that has a purpose and promotes forward motion in the game. Both for developers and for the players. There is a difference however between useful feedback and anger fueled vitriolic hate posts that do nothing but complain about the known issues with no purpose other than to express their disdain for this game and how some other game is better. That isnt useful feed back. 

You said people should just leave without "ranting" which means you don't like them,can you at least act reasonable?

4 minutes ago, Enamour said:

Do what I do and just stop reading most threads. I hardly post compared to a month ago now because everything is literally the same and a fair chunk of people don't actually want to discuss anything, they just want to be right and have everyone agree with them.

That has been my experience as well. 

Just now, HailNKill said:

You said people should just leave without "ranting" which means you don't like them,can you at least act reasonable?

Actually I questioned why they didnt just walk away. I never said they should. Dont put words into my mouth and then ask me to be reasonable. I question why the need for them to post the things they dont like because if they are leaving... then anything they have to say doesnt matter. They arent going to be here to see any changes be made. So then what is the point other than trying to make others feel the way that they do? Notice I prefeaced the wholepost is about people who are quitting and then ranting about the game. Not people that still have an interest in it and want to see it change.

45 minutes ago, Aevri said:

Even you have the limit of how much grind you can handle so why not others?

Never said I had a limit. I said that the grind in this game is not as bad as in others. And that it is possible to bypass alot of it. At least where weapon drops are concerned. I may be showing my age a bit here, but the grind in this game compared to games like Asherons Call, EQ, DAoC, Lineage 1 and Lineage 2 is laughable. Alot of todays gamers seem to want to log in and have instant gratification. Like pumping quarters into an arcade game. I actually think this game could use more grind. Especially in the leveling process. Being able to start a new toon and cap level over a weekend of play is way way too fast imo. It make people appreciate what they have earned in game much less than if they actually had to work for it.

Good afternoon,

I started two months ago and the truth I liked the game even had the premium.

But for two days I see bots and loot ninjas.

Every time I go into a dungeon I always i see one i reported by bot and lock but nothing too much bots.(Bots)

The leader of the party change loot at the last moment when you kill the boss and keep all I do not see it right (Loot Ninjas)

You can not vote kick from the party really i can not do anything just look as they cheat you.

Then the materials for crafting some can not because they are all bitten by bots and as I have only 2-3 hours a day to play.

And more things that I think are wrong.

I will not play anymore until NCSoft take a measure about all this.

Regards,

Hello everyone, my name is Billy and I'm very salty and bitter af about BnS. I quit this game because I felt this game is completely trash, I know I didn't pay a single penny to play this game but since I think I'm the most important person in the world, I deserve a way better experience in playing this game. Heck, after I quit I'm going to go on BnS forum to start a thread and talk about how bad this game is. I want some other bitter players to validate my opinion because it makes me feel better and I'm so mad at people who still plays the game and argues with me about BnS is not really that terrible. I also like to go on other hate threads and support hate towards this game. I know talking trash about this game on forum is not beneficial towards making the game better but hey at least I get to make friends who can spread the salt and make the player community more toxic. Whats that? you're telling me ranting on forum about repeated topic doesn't help improving the game? I don't care! I have all the time in this world to talk trash about this game and criticize those who appreciates this game because I don't have a life. 

31 minutes ago, Jakyr said:

The leader of the party change loot at the last moment when you kill the boss and keep all I do not see it right (Loot Ninjas)

Didn't they change that weeks ago?

and, at other poster who is totally nuts, dude, wtf.

24 minutes ago, rocnog said:

So everyone is a success until they fail. That is life.

Whats your point? That the fact that their business practices have made them successful for the better part of 20 years is irrelevant? You seriously believe that people quitting a F2P game that they have no negative equity in is going to hurt their company at all? This game paid for itself when it came out 6 years ago. Everything since then is icing on the cake for them. 

Continuing to write like you are under educated, deliberately is just silly. But what ever floats your boat. I couldn't care less if you want to look that way.

7 minutes ago, SuperWangEight said:

Hello everyone, my name is Billy and I'm very salty and bitter af about BnS. I quit this game because I felt this game is completely trash, I know I didn't pay a single penny to play this game but since I think I'm the most important person in the world, I deserve a way better experience in playing this game. Heck, after I quit I'm going to go on BnS forum to start a thread and talk about how bad this game is. I want some other bitter players to validate my opinion because it makes me feel better and I'm so mad at people who still plays the game and argues with me about BnS is not really that terrible. I also like to go on other hate threads and support hate towards this game. I know talking trash about this game on forum is not beneficial towards making the game better but hey at least I get to make friends who can spread the salt and make the player community more toxic. Whats that? you're telling me ranting on forum about repeated topic doesn't help improving the game? I don't care! I have all the time in this world to talk trash about this game and criticize those who appreciates this game because I don't have a life. 

Oh my. Would read again. Best reply in this topic

Ed-laughing-GIF.gif

2 hours ago, HailNKill said:

This is a feedback forum,if you don't like seeing them YOU should just leave.

This is a feedback forum. If you don't like seeing feedback about other people's feedback then YOU should just leave.

10 minutes ago, SuperWangEight said:

You left out "XGAME is best game NA and I'm moving to that game because it's totally better than this POS game and didn't you know XGAME is way better?" and a whole diatribe along those lines. >_____>

as i sayd before .

yes, ppl leave ncsoft at all . im still here cuz im lazy to search for a new game . still . how long. who know ?

the sad part is. will have new suckers to give money to this scam company .

im agree with u . "" I couldn't care less"" only ignorant ppl can ask for a perfect english . :) u did few mistakes but i dont care for them .and i didnt try to put u down .

one more time "". I couldn't care less""

4 minutes ago, rocnog said:

yes , thats life .

yes, ppl leave ncsoft at all . im still here cuz im lazy to search for a new game . still . how long. who know ?

the sad part is. will have new suckers to give money to this scam company .

im agree with u . "" I couldn't care less"" only ignorant ppl can ask for a perfect english . :) u did few mistakes but i dont care for them .and i didnt try to put u down .

one more time "". I couldn't care less""

Oh I wasnt putting you down. I am more creative than that. But this is a Safe Place. All shiny happy people here. You continue to make accusations about the company with no proof. And as far as putting me down, you called me a retard in your original post. So I guess you were the one to throw the first stone in any case weren't you. 

Archived