Sign in to follow this  
MemeMessiah

WTF changing email also forces you to change your display name

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

Following my previous post on account security I have decided to change my email address to lock it for 90 days. However to my surprise, after changing my email it forces me to pick a new display name, and I cant even use my old one as it was taken by my old email's name. Seriously NCSoft what is up with this nonsense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Amkatar   

Bump, would like an official reply on this topic. Is there any way to get old forum name and account back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lock6   

Hi,

 

If you send me a private message I should be able to help you change your forum display name back to your old one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrTester   
15 hours ago, MemeMessiah said:

Hello,

 

Following my previous post on account security I have decided to change my email address to lock it for 90 days. However to my surprise, after changing my email it forces me to pick a new display name, and I cant even use my old one as it was taken by my old email's name. Seriously NCSoft what is up with this nonsense?

Could you tell me how did you manage to change your email?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evie   
14 minutes ago, MrTester said:

Could you tell me how did you manage to change your email?

Just go to your account settings, and an option should be next to your email. (I think it's unavailable if your account is relatively new, or if you have already changed your email in the past 90 days.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrTester   
12 minutes ago, naoyi said:

Just go to your account settings, and an option should be next to your email. (I think it's unavailable if your account is relatively new, or if you have already changed your email in the past 90 days.)

It is a new acc (2 months).Does anyone know how long till i can change it? -.-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleude   

If you changed your mail you can still get your characters on it? Or it is a totally new acc and a new start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanuku   
12 minutes ago, Aleude said:

If you changed your mail you can still get your characters on it? Or it is a totally new acc and a new start?

This is a very old thread (2016) but to answer to the best of my ability, I doubt the account gets wiped. OP most likely kept his characters and all the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Youmukon   
9 hours ago, Aleude said:

If you changed your mail you can still get your characters on it? Or it is a totally new acc and a new start?

This doesn't affect anything in-game so don't worry about it. It's just the way forums were set-up. On the back end we assign an email address to a forum account whenever you visit forums for the first time. When you change your NC Account email address, the forum goes like "I don't know that email address, so please create a new username". This problem should not occur anymore however, if it does please let us know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mielvin   

I was asking support for an email change because of the 90 days system... and was locked due to mis understanding... now I can't even get a reply... this so frustrating when they already are bad and just locked you out and never reply for days... it's like WTF! and I am refering to game account...

Edited by Mielvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Youmukon   

I am sorry to hear that you got locked out of your Account :( In that case you will have to reach out to the Support Team by email (support@bladeandsoul.com). Requesting to change emails twice in a very short time frame can trigger a possible lock obviously since it's a unusual behaviour. The Support Team isn't locking accounts arbitrarily (they have a variety of tools at their disposal allowing them to take a decision), but to prevent a possible takeover by a third party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mielvin   

I did not know that... any possibility to get it unlocked? I already sent a message and haven't got a reply... and been always getting a reply after 3-4 days for which I really need my acxount for raids... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mielvin   
16 minutes ago, Youmukon said:

I am sorry to hear that you got locked out of your Account :( In that case you will have to reach out to the Support Team by email (support@bladeandsoul.com). Requesting to change emails twice in a very short time frame can trigger a possible lock obviously since it's a unusual behaviour. The Support Team isn't locking accounts arbitrarily (they have a variety of tools at their disposal allowing them to take a decision), but to prevent a possible takeover by a third party.

any posibility to make them reply faster for which I really need the account activited for raids and in game errands... thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanuku   

Maybe this thread can be closed now? I mean, 2016 and all that. <.<

.. though I'm not the boss here. I'm just saying because of the whole necro and outdated info that may mislead and all that stuff forum mods usually try to avoid.

Edited by Hanuku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this