Why everyone is quiting

eric11zhao

The only thing that got me tired is constant DC during load screens after 10 min logged, and some random DC in any time due i wish to know why..... other stuff like grind tons of gold for upgrade not really care cuz it stand during the time...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is really making me and my GF thinking about leaving this game is the Grind, all we ever do anymore are dailies and certain instances for gold and Misty Woods for a few Soul Stones since we hit lvl 45. Our AP is slowing increasing but it can take most of a week to gather the mats and gold needed since we only have a few hours of play time each day. The game is just no longer much fun to play and then add in the fact that if you are a new player trying too get say soul shields from a instance other players are always running off and leaving you behind too try too get through all the mobs that they skipped over.

Then add the fact that updates are being released so fast that you feel like you will never be able too see the end to the grind and the new content that has been released. Add to that all of the reasons stated by people in the 1st 6 pages of posts and well it starts too look like what could have been a really great game has been ruined.

My GF and I started playing because during the betas we just fell in love with the story, the look of the game and it looked like it would have a growing player base and community but then people started too quit for the reasons stated. We are still playing atm because we want too see how the story unfolds and have made a few friends ( then also we bought the prem package before the release and still have a lot of NCcoin to spend ) but we really are unsure how much longer we will be playing this game. I just hope NCsoft is reading all of these kinds of posts and will do something too make this game better or it will soon be dead in the West.

And now my break at work is over so I am off until after dinner which is my normal play/forum time.

I left 'cause not being much into PvP all there was at 50 was Silverfrost, which are spread wide and tricky to find groups for, and the pirates, which are deserted. Then I gave BDO a spin, anf that's where I'm at now, fishing from my boat, tabbing back when there are fishy sounds. Essentially I'm fishing silver out of the sea. There ain't just two ways towards end-game; there's like 9, and 90 ways to do 'em. 

Likely I'll drift back for some BnS action occasionally, my kung-fu Yun is hot af. :D

33 minutes ago, Drakor said:

What is really making me and my GF thinking about leaving this game is the Grind, all we ever do anymore are dailies and certain instances for gold and Misty Woods for a few Soul Stones since we hit lvl 45. Our AP is slowing increasing but it can take most of a week to gather the mats and gold needed since we only have a few hours of play time each day. The game is just no longer much fun to play and then add in the fact that if you are a new player trying too get say soul shields from a instance other players are always running off and leaving you behind too try too get through all the mobs that they skipped over.

Then add the fact that updates are being released so fast that you feel like you will never be able too see the end to the grind and the new content that has been released. Add to that all of the reasons stated by people in the 1st 6 pages of posts and well it starts too look like what could have been a really great game has been ruined.

My GF and I started playing because during the betas we just fell in love with the story, the look of the game and it looked like it would have a growing player base and community but then people started too quit for the reasons stated. We are still playing atm because we want too see how the story unfolds and have made a few friends ( then also we bought the prem package before the release and still have a lot of NCcoin to spend ) but we really are unsure how much longer we will be playing this game. I just hope NCsoft is reading all of these kinds of posts and will do something too make this game better or it will soon be dead in the West.

And now my break at work is over so I am off until after dinner which is my normal play/forum time.

If you're no longer having fun, then you should do something else.  It's really that simple.  You can always come back in a week or in a month or in a year.

I'm not sure what you expect in terms of The Grind.  It is impossible for any game company to make new content as fast as people can consume it, so in every MMO that has ever been created and every MMO that ever will be created, endgame consists of doing the same content over and over.  They may have different incentives for doing so, but there is no alternative to the basic need to repeat the same content.  If you are focused on the fact that it takes so long to get the "current" gear, then I think you have an unfortunate perspective that is going to lead you to be frustrated.  The incentive for repeating the same content over and over in BnS is that you gradually acquire resources to upgrade your gear.  The important thing to realize is that the most current gear is never necessary to complete the current content.  The latest gear is something to aspire to, not something that is necessary.

As far as players leaving, it's impossible to say if this is actually a problem or not.  EVERY MMO experiences and exodus of players for the first few months.  People try a new game, they don't like it for one reason or another, they leave to play something else.  This is entirely normal.  In the case of BnS, lots of people that are leaving give as their reasons the bots, hacking, price of upgrades, P2W model, etc.  So what?  People leaving other games give reasons like boring combat, tab targeting, poor character creating tools, generic fantasy setting, etc.  People have different tastes, preferences, and priorities.  In another 3 months the dust will have settled, we'll see if there's still a healthy player base.  But the fact that a bunch of people are leaving 3 months after release is normal, expected, and no reason to panic.

7 minutes ago, Andrewgr said:

The incentive for repeating the same content over and over in BnS is that you gradually acquire resources to upgrade your gear.  The important thing to realize is that the most current gear is never necessary to complete the current content.  The latest gear is something to aspire to, not something that is necessary.

SSP, GHS, and Arena PvP are all examples of current content that cannot be completed with gaining rewards without the current gear.

I tried ssp and ghs with 400 ap, that's with the new OB weapon, and zip. You can do Arena pvp, but can't cash in rewards without doing the level 50 purple dungeons, as they contain SDC. Level 50 heroic dungeons require current gear.

What?

I get over 100 soulstones a day from SSP with True Pirate weapon?

Grand Harvest can easily be completed with even less than True Pirate, you just need to make sure you join Channel 3 or 4 so that there are fewer people so you have longer to do enough damage to get credit.  I have clan members that were doing it with True Profane.

Arena PvP is the ultimate example of gear not mattering at all, since it literally doesn't use the stats of any of your gear-- not your soulshield, not your weapon, not your accessories, not your soul, nothing.  Did you perhaps mean open world PvP?

3 hours ago, Andrewgr said:

If you're no longer having fun, then you should do something else.  It's really that simple.  You can always come back in a week or in a month or in a year.

I'm not sure what you expect in terms of The Grind.  It is impossible for any game company to make new content as fast as people can consume it, so in every MMO that has ever been created and every MMO that ever will be created, endgame consists of doing the same content over and over.  They may have different incentives for doing so, but there is no alternative to the basic need to repeat the same content.  If you are focused on the fact that it takes so long to get the "current" gear, then I think you have an unfortunate perspective that is going to lead you to be frustrated.  The incentive for repeating the same content over and over in BnS is that you gradually acquire resources to upgrade your gear.  The important thing to realize is that the most current gear is never necessary to complete the current content.  The latest gear is something to aspire to, not something that is necessary.

As far as players leaving, it's impossible to say if this is actually a problem or not.  EVERY MMO experiences and exodus of players for the first few months.  People try a new game, they don't like it for one reason or another, they leave to play something else.  This is entirely normal.  In the case of BnS, lots of people that are leaving give as their reasons the bots, hacking, price of upgrades, P2W model, etc.  So what?  People leaving other games give reasons like boring combat, tab targeting, poor character creating tools, generic fantasy setting, etc.  People have different tastes, preferences, and priorities.  In another 3 months the dust will have settled, we'll see if there's still a healthy player base.  But the fact that a bunch of people are leaving 3 months after release is normal, expected, and no reason to panic.

For people with just a few hours too play doing nothing but dailies and farming mats so you can upgrade your gear to be able to experience new content that is being released way too fast isn't all that fun. Yes every game has it's grind but B&S has way more then any other game I have played. Then there is also somewhat of a toxic community out there, like you for an example who seems to have nothing else to do but Troll.

Top 10 Reasons to not play this game:

1. PvP.

2. Bots. Lots and lots of bots.

3. Gating progression and materials behind PvP content (arena, faction). See 1.

4. Hackers.

5. Bad economy. See 2, 3, and 4.

6. Game Guard.

7. Bad Performance. Related to but not exclusive to 6.

8. Gating progression behind PvE content. If you don't have an issues with 1 and 3, add this along with 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7.

9. Cinderlands is slow and boring.

10. There are better games available that don't have these problems.

On 27.4.2016 at 10:25 PM, Andrewgr said:

I think that the two final tires of the gear should be hard to gain, they should give minimal benafint but should be very cool looking items, in this way even the none elite gear will be usable.

In blade and soul after level 45 every item is freaking expansive, it require a lot of gold/soul stones and materials. The grind require in order to upgrade a single weapon is insane. This is why i left the game and started to play neverwinter.

The main thing here is that the grind just isn't fun for what you get out of it. I mentioned SWTOR and GW2 before. GW2 had daily rewards and SWTOR had weekly lockouts for raids, but GW2 kept the instances quick and had good payout overall--though it was still a gold grind which got old--and SWTOR gave multiple upgrade pieces per boss, so every time you walked away with something usable for party members. If SWTOR hadn't been put on such a garbage engine I'd still be playing it despite it being tab targeting and keyboard mashing, but it's been forced to become a single player game for all intents and purposes.

Anyway, I'm back playing this for the first time in weeks now, but I know I won't get much out of this because the time:reward ratio is just not any good in this game. I don't want to be force to put in hours per day to gear up just so I can clear the same content at speed. The biggest issue here is that by not having difficulty levels and new mechanics for each a lot of potential content/challenge is lost. It's just grinding so that you can clear the same content faster, not truly progress, and you feel it. On top of that you're grinding away for gold or having to spend ridiculous amounts of real money, neither of which equate to fun in my book. Regardless of the disposable income someone has I don't see paying to win ever increasing the enjoyment of what's supposed to be leisure activity.

This game's progression for the most part doesn't come down to skill and ability, it's free time and money to throw at it, and that gets old. At least there are plenty of costumes to get people by I guess, but I just can't see that keeping most players around.

Wow, first time since I've started playing that faction chat has literally been dead. No one saying a word.

1. It's not the PC, it's the lag. With 250ms+ ping (EU) it's hard to time your actions. NA even worse with 320ms+ ping for me. DISLIKE.

2. Cold Storage RESET item in shop? And then include the dungeon in daily AND you get stuck without mobs? DISLIKE.

3. Client crashes for no reason. i7, 16GB RAM, SSD, GTX970 - crash, crash, crash. DISLIKE.

4. damage as the only factor to get loot. I need loot to progress but can't progress because I get no loot. Think about it, NCSoft. Talking about SSP for example. DISLIKE.

5. Bots and gold sellers. Player driven economy? Haha... Bot and gold seller driven economy. Nobody wants that. DISLIKE.

6. gear progression requirements. Make it harder in the beginning and easier in the end. Some people have a RL. Think of it.

7. Client programming is bad. Example: sound glitches. If you get them - try to use sound elsewhere. Music player, internet videos. Same sound issues there. Ridiculous. DISLIKE.

'nuff said.

1) bots and hackers

2) bots and hackers

3 -27) bots and hackers

28) publisher that refuses to acknowledge this elephant in the living room and takes measures to keep us quiet

29) 1-3 second freeze for no apparent reason what-so ever, such as when grabbing a weapon, getting stunned, heck, accepting a quest from SSP

30) bots and hackers

I understand that repetitive grind is considered necessary to give the game longevity (a lazy way of doing it), but it becomes counterproductive when the grind simply becomes daunting. If the target is too big, and the rate of achievement too slow, people will just not attempt it.

Archived