Why everyone is quiting

eric11zhao

I havent logged in for several days, the reasons behind it are:

• This game seems to encourage bad behavior, while in other games griffing, ganking and ninjaing are punished by the game or by the community, in this game those behaviors are encouraged by the game, ninjaing by the stupid bidding system and ganking griffing by stupid achievement. those behaviors are treated with tolerance by the community.
  • The insane steep grind wall after level 44. It is somewhat hard and interesting to upgrade to true profane, and i can see the damage and stats difference, it was even rather easy to upgrade the weapon/accessory to rank 10, reaching siren stated the upgrading steep wall, a wall that become steeper with each upgrade without any immediate benefit.
  • Forced PvP, in order to be able to upgrade my items and "enjoy" the insane grind the game ask for increasing amount of soulstones, the only viable option to get it is by doing faction PvP, there i can sit back and see how my character get killed over and over again by players from the opposite faction, players with higher gear (2-4 levels).
  • botting, i know i can ignore them but there are too many of them in any given zone.
  • The game dislike melee, the spamable AoE circles made by the bosses reduce my dps in a huge factor while ranged clasess can stand far from it and gain good dps output.

I want to have fun and feel some type of progression in the game i don't care if it will be vertical or horizontal, i am not looking for a second job in the game, i have a day job and a family with 3 kids, i am playing to relieve stress and not to get a bit more. Don't tell me take your time you will get it in few months, for me repeatable farming is too boring i want to challenge myself with hard and interesting content.

I think that the game grant a class lower chance to get breakthrough/upgrade weapons in order to force players to buy the keys.

On 11.4.2016 at 6:20 PM, Rockbridge said:

I think the idea behind the hongmoon skills is that those who can farm the dungeons and get lucky, get their skills early. I say early since I don't think its intended for us to be able to easily obtain them yet. Your comment about achievement points is completely off however. I got over 1000 points without even trying or paying attention to it at all. 1250 is more than reasonable.

Hongmoon skill should be the cherry of the game, getting them should be a part of an interesting quest chain that contain puzzles and bosess with interesting mechanics and not very difficult rng or soulstone/gold walls.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Rhinala said:

I want to have fun and feel some type of progression in the game i don't care if it will be vertical or horizontal, i am not looking for a second job in the game, i have a day job and a family with 3 kids, i am playing to relieve stress and not to get a bit more. Don't tell me take your time you will get it in few months, for me repeatable farming is too boring i want to challenge myself with hard and interesting content.

With this pace of the updates you have a horizontal progression, playing the new chapters that coming fairly often in what gear you get from the story drops combined with a few upgrades.

It's the challenging content and the vertical progression that is gated by the grind. What you cannot do are the GHS, SSP, level 50 dungeons, and cashing in the Arena winnings prior to earning about 300 gold and upgrading to reach 450 AP.

I am considering to try a subscription to see how much the sub benefits would add up to alleviate the grind, but it's hard to say, it feels like you still will have to do a fair bit of repetitive content before you go up a step vertically.

The required specs are a lie.

I have the more than the required specs to play BnS, as well as 100+ Mbps fiber optic broadband but I didn't realize that required specs and actually meant, required to enjoy the main menu of course! So than I set-up my KFM and thought this would be fun, and had a painful grind to 45 due to lag and time delays on dodge/block. Than the unthinkable happened a few patches later I prepare my KFM knowing it would be tough with the lag, and suddenly "Hey Guy, you've learnt two new special skills teleportation and rollback, use them wisely as it will determine if you are useful in BnS or not". After I hit 45 I came to realize that the content above had so much lag/fps spikes and with such a high regard for perfect timing otherwise your *cricket*ed. Now I login I stare shamefully and shake my head at my KFM knowing that until the lag is gone I can't play higher level content. 

I spent a total of 3 days of applying "Fixes" to BnS that may or may not have helped with the FPS issue but again that was time wasted. Hiding all players, Adjusting in-game graphics, Adjusting AMD graphics, Re-installing, Configuring processes, Properly over-clocking my GPU, Removing Anti-virus software, Performing Disk-cleanups and DE-fragmentation of my hard drive,  hell I even brought a software package that optimized  my entire system cleaning up junk files, cleaning up the errors on my hard drive and all around improving my FPS in other games by a noticeable margin. So With only BnS installed and every thing tidy, the end result was exactly the same as before I had wasted my time on this all together. 

This is the reason why I won't be playing or leaving, but I also won't subscribe until the lag is fixed and this game will stored in my hard drives memory, in-between the folders "Horrors of 2016" and "Games to dig up". Who knows, If the lag issues are fixed and I can see what is going on in a dungeon without a cluster *cricket* of effects slowing down time and bosses timeless attacks that sends my *cricket* into limbo. I may revisit my KFM after I see that glowing beacon of a post saying Lag is gone hooray! Players that meet the specs and above can play KFM. One day my KFM will ascend to "Lag-free" and kick some *cricket*, this time around hopefully my KFM will land a hit without imagining the fight altogether, and being shamelessly beaten while he's daydreaming. 

I haven't quitted outright yet, I still log in a few times, but loosing interest in BnS, my reasons are, Game(Crap)Guard, plenty of disconnects and crashes again, there are many other good Anti-Cheat programs and you choose to use this crap....

Also please optimize this game, low fps, stuttering, for example, Soulstone Plains should be renamed to Crashstone Plains, that place is unplayable, my skills don't work, so much lag and after awhile, bang, crashed/disconnected...

For the PvP aspect of things, you should have known that coming in.  Though, at the same time, it would be nice if they had an alternate PvE way to get the soulstones required, since the PvP aspect of the game requires one to wear an outfit to flag for it anyways, but still, should have known this coming in.

As for the griefing, I don't know what games you played, but in every open world pvp game I've been in, griefing has been done and never has it been stopped by devs.  You get in an area where a higher level can kill you, then you were fair game.  Sucks I admit, one of the reasons I don't care for (though of course do it because have to) open world pvp is people who will hunt you down repeatedly or be high level and stomp you, possibly over and over.

Never have I seen it truely stopped and not condoned though.

47 minutes ago, Brand X said:

For the PvP aspect of things, you should have known that coming in.  Though, at the same time, it would be nice if they had an alternate PvE way to get the soulstones required, since the PvP aspect of the game requires one to wear an outfit to flag for it anyways, but still, should have known this coming in.

As for the griefing, I don't know what games you played, but in every open world pvp game I've been in, griefing has been done and never has it been stopped by devs.  You get in an area where a higher level can kill you, then you were fair game.  Sucks I admit, one of the reasons I don't care for (though of course do it because have to) open world pvp is people who will hunt you down repeatedly or be high level and stomp you, possibly over and over.

Never have I seen it truely stopped and not condoned though.

Up until level 44/45 the open world PvP was entirely optional, soulstone ware something mystical that used to power up the strongest items and it needed one or two of those, after level 45 you need insane amount of soulstone in order to upgrade, my awakened siren sword need 200 in order to do the breakthrough, i don't have the time and will to invest so much on a temporary weapon. The upgrades are there, i need to have them.

I am not a person who must have the best weapon, i am content with one level below the best. In GW2 i only had exotic and it was fine for me, it forced me to compensate the reduced stats with good gameplay.

The grifing aspect might happen in PvP servers, i admit i always go to PvE servers because i don't find PvP as interesting. From what i read in WoW forums when i played there ages ago people asked for ways to lower the amount of grifing even try to stop it, if i recall correctly people asked for the same thing in aion, if i recall correctly some games give bad rep for grifing and ganking. Another aspect is that people go to the pvp servers while knowing the risks involved there, they like it. In BnS we have an easy way to toggle pvp on and off an aspect that i really respect, on the other hand they don't give pve players any alternative other then grinding for money for few days in order to buy it for 36 silver each, an absurd price if you think about the amount of soulstones a player need in order to upgrade. PvP players need to farm dungeons, a task they see as boring and tedious again there is no alternative. Why cant the PvP players have battlegrounds in order to get those items? Why can't a PvE player use naryu coins instead of solestones.

15 minutes ago, Rhinala said:

Up until level 44/45 the open world PvP was entirely optional, soulstone ware something mystical that used to power up the strongest items and it needed one or two of those, after level 45 you need insane amount of soulstone in order to upgrade, my awakened siren sword need 200 in order to do the breakthrough, i don't have the time and will to invest so much on a temporary weapon. The upgrades are there, i need to have them.

I am not a person who must have the best weapon, i am content with one level below the best. In GW2 i only had exotic and it was fine for me, it forced me to compensate the reduced stats with good gameplay.

The grifing aspect might happen in PvP servers, i admit i always go to PvE servers because i don't find PvP as interesting. From what i read in WoW forums when i played there ages ago people asked for ways to lower the amount of grifing even try to stop it, if i recall correctly people asked for the same thing in aion, if i recall correctly some games give bad rep for grifing and ganking. Another aspect is that people go to the pvp servers while knowing the risks involved there, they like it. In BnS we have an easy way to toggle pvp on and off an aspect that i really respect, on the other hand they don't give pve players any alternative other then grinding for money for few days in order to buy it for 36 silver each, an absurd price if you think about the amount of soulstones a player need in order to upgrade. PvP players need to farm dungeons, a task they see as boring and tedious again there is no alternative. Why cant the PvP players have battlegrounds in order to get those items? Why can't a PvE player use naryu coins instead of solestones.

I'm not saying I don't agree with this, just that it should have been known going in.  Like I knew going into WS, I would likely quit by end game, as it was raid focused (and said as much in beta) and I knew I just wasn't going to find a raid group that could do it.  To bad, as I quite loved the game otherwise.

I don't mind bots or lag. 
I canceled my subsribtion today, althou I had 6 days left, and gave all my gold to a random level ~20 newbie. 
The reason is that the game is not what I expected it to be, weeks after I hit level 50 I foundmyself into an infinite AP farm loop, because the only thing that matters in this game is AP. That's the only cool metter that elisit can persue in this game and it's kind of sad. The PVP is not existant. I mean nothing here makes me wanna pvp in the open world. You just put your robe on and if there are bunch of enemy guys in the Plains you just switch channels. The new Faction Quests are just horribly designed, people do only 1/3 of them, because only they are profitable. 

There is a lot more that I can say, but the whole game is about upgrading a single hongmoon weapon over and over again, update after update. Even the Soul is upgradable...

I haven't logged in to do more than spin the wheel in over two weeks (and haven't actually bothered spinning the wheel since it became mathematically impossible to get the costume that was there). The reasons are many but the big ones...

- Game systems designed to bring out the worst in people - from the loot bidding, to the mob tagging, to the open-world "pvp".

- Crafting system that's boring and expensive

- Constant money stress while leveling (I shouldn't have to feel anxious about having enough in-game money to afford to do normal as-you-level things...)

- The spit-in-the-face that was the "stamp" system. I guess NCSoft just wanted to make real sure that they'd cemented their image of being money-gouging, as though the overpriced costumes weren't bad enough.

- The further I got into the game, the more unfinished the zones felt. So many invisible walls, awful textures, and zero chance for exploration.

- So. Many. Bots. I laugh at the folk who were trying to defend GameGuard back in the closed betas.

It's a shame, as I actually enjoyed playing my force master and had been really looking forward to this game as my "pretty clothes and pretty screenshots, play around with a couple friends" off-time game. But too many things are just unbearably obnoxious.

Bots. Bots. Bots. Bots. Bots. Bots.Bots. Bots. Bots. Bots. Bots. Bots.

This soon will be my reason. Im doing ss plains and bots doing it better and faster then me. Teleporting in front of me and taking all soulstones.

Stick a fork in it , it's done already . Even ENDAH quit the game 2 days ago after NCsoft hosted him and closing it when they we're up against serious issues of this game. This game is more dead than archeage too bad devs nowdays can't run a company and a good MMO.  The optimization is the worst in the industry , FPS drops everywhere super GPU's having 30 fps dips in empty zones lol what a joke and a masquerade of a game this was..

RIP BNS

People whine about everything that doesn't go their way then rage quit, kinda sad.

And then expect a compensation from the company.

Been playing this game for a few months now. It's better than most of the F2P games out there.

Bots aren't a bother whatsoever. And there's no such thing as lag, at least for me.

If your PC can't run it, then i pity you.

So what I see here...

Lag.Although game isn't optimized it's not that bad.In some areas with 329498 people I get FPS not on my liking but it's managable.Some improvements there has to be done but when? Only RNGesus know.If you lag that much is on your end.If you disconnect it's on your end.If you crash it's on your end.Fix your own issues and don't blame the publisher.

Hackers,bots,spammers.This is never ending battle in any mmo,especially F2P one.

Grinding.Although our drop rates are nerfed it's still not that bad.You`re not supposed to be top gear first day.I'm taking it slowly and it pays out.

People was selling subs in games like WOW,L2,Aion,etc.I know people paying hardcore guilds in WOW to carry them for item A or B.It;s how it is.As long as it's mmo people will find a work around the system option to gain advantage with real money.

I don't like gameguard but lately is not causing me any trouble.No errors and things.So far so good.

You don't like the game? Find something else to do.

To all people complaining about the prices - world is expensive place to be.Everything is expensive and complicated nowdays.If you expect things to be handled on silver plate to you - *cricket*ing wake up.

Would I quit? Game is too good to do so.I enjoy it.My friends are enjoying it and we can't wait for the hardcore dungeons.A challange which will bring back many.

ping problems and must peoples what enter another game they have perfect ping cause great stability and servers truly in country what they say and 3 or 4 pings its a joke, first mmo i play like that, played almost all, 0 mmos with that pings but anyway its not my problem just saying what must ppls say and they say good, to play that game i need to use wtfast to play without problems, without it i will quit arledy, toxic community all think they know more than others,bots/cheats/hacks they are not ban them or at last ppls who  pay them salary, cause i see everyday same 2 person with teleport hacks at soulstone plains for some days, but like i said that is not my problems just what ppls say, all is good but when we go to cross server and u see stupid drop system where u need to pay for drops lol2... first crappy drop system in mmo making ppls more toxic no wonder way cause gold buyers,ncoin sellers can buy watever they wannt and i think that is the highest thing that make ppls quit cause of drop system i wish that game will not became that much p2w as in wartune and event now show that going in that way but at last we have history of payments where we can see who have skill and will to work for items by playing not by paying salary,,,and must of them excuse is: "i work dont have time to play"...its strange for me cause i think game we have to play not pay...

but so far this game keep me in cause of great combat system for me and some other things its good and so far for me there is no better mmo than this and i wish u best NCSOFT

Server stabillity it mean freezes,lag spikes which EVERYONE experience,which you can easly see as in such cases(which happen once in a blue moon)faction is filled with LAGGG,OMGGG HAMSTERS DIED,etc.Thats not the case here.

If it was bandwich issue - same thing.So not the case here.

It's the infrastructure which they don't create - they rent.They can work with the company(which I belive is one of the bigged in EU for example - Level 3)for improvements but thats on ther end.Most people don't experience problem with it,so they don't bother.Can't really blame them for that.Could see some improvements in the future,eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

I quit, Hit the gold wall.  I refuse to buy gold from gold farmers, and I don't want to buy from the game either. I should be able to earn enough money, but I'm at the point where I need 15 moonwater trans stones, and have only earned 25 gold leveling 2 chars to 45.  The content at 45 is no fun, everyone's in the next zone already and I don't like being forced to pvp daily to grind stones.  I really liked my char and class, but putting them in the vault with my aion, rift, wow, swg chars.

6 hours ago, Xanth said:

only earned 25 gold leveling 2 chars to 45.  The content at 45 is no fun, everyone's in the next zone already and I don't like being forced to pvp daily to grind stones.

you can level up 45-50 with no problems aslong as you upgraded your items until you get the item that needed moonwater... then you can stop upgrading and get to level 50, 45-50 gives around 15-20gold...

well although, my friends quit on opposite one :D... to have the most fair arena pvp you are forced to daily quest grind to get HM level and that needs to be daily and getting all class to max would be morethan 1year... and learning them properly would take more time and also learning your main pvp character takes more time... i made a topic talking about pvp but some people want pve only... so i don't know how to make a good topic for affecting both in good way...

When you see that devs do not give a flying ..... about game in west, then publisher is here just to milk every penny without solving any problems (like bots spammers etc).  When you see that attitude from them why i should give a flying about this game? There are other mmos, market is saturated, I moved to BDO, but also do not play it much.

More detailed reasons:

- no more snow, sun outside, games are fine for winter.

- this whole expansion looks like it is halfassed, huge flat areas with just few enemies, all that gorgeous design of vanilia zones are gone. Those new levels look like they are done by some noob.

- story line quest that i cannot finish solo and i cannot be bothered to wait for help or somebody doing it. I tried few times, but after 20min or so whole Botts And Spammers game looks like waste of time, so i closed it and started something else

- PVP and dungeons are filled with bots or people that are rude because there are no consequences to being *cricket* to others. This is all over again I quit WOW because dungeon finder, this same shit is here.

After summer, In september or october i try B&S once more, but most probably until then this game will be empty husk with merged servers.

On 4/15/2016 at 4:23 PM, Rhinala said:

I havent logged in for several days, the reasons behind it are:

• This game seems to encourage bad behavior, while in other games griffing, ganking and ninjaing are punished by the game or by the community, in this game those behaviors are encouraged by the game, ninjaing by the stupid bidding system and ganking griffing by stupid achievement. those behaviors are treated with tolerance by the community.
  • The insane steep grind wall after level 44. It is somewhat hard and interesting to upgrade to true profane, and i can see the damage and stats difference, it was even rather easy to upgrade the weapon/accessory to rank 10, reaching siren stated the upgrading steep wall, a wall that become steeper with each upgrade without any immediate benefit.
  • Forced PvP, in order to be able to upgrade my items and "enjoy" the insane grind the game ask for increasing amount of soulstones, the only viable option to get it is by doing faction PvP, there i can sit back and see how my character get killed over and over again by players from the opposite faction, players with higher gear (2-4 levels).
  • botting, i know i can ignore them but there are too many of them in any given zone.
  • The game dislike melee, the spamable AoE circles made by the bosses reduce my dps in a huge factor while ranged clasess can stand far from it and gain good dps output.

I think that the game grant a class lower chance to get breakthrough/upgrade weapons in order to force players to buy the keys.

Hongmoon skill should be the cherry of the game, getting them should be a part of an interesting quest chain that contain puzzles and bosess with interesting mechanics and not very difficult rng or soulstone/gold walls.

With a game culture it brought about elitism just like FFxi and Ffxiv its rule by any mean

Archived