Why everyone is quiting

eric11zhao

I spent a 1/2 hour to do GSH got 1 kill and was killed by lag on the main boss. You cannot sell a broken game. I was having fun with act 3 and act 4 is so fn messed up, it is not fun anymore. I am very sorry that I paid for a years premium (before act 4) thinking the game was getting better... I never imagined they could *cricket* it up this bad, and don't get me started on SS Plains.

I want to play my KFM but I have to play a FM if I want to do anything. I am getting close to cutting my losses. If I walk from this game I will not be playing Lineage 3 when it comes out.

I really hope something changes and soon.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simple. The time has passed. We expect much to be able to play in the West. I personally feel we deserve an evolution of BNS game, as far as I know, it is extremely lucrative. So why not have a change in BNS? Two weeks in dedication, the whole thing is boring. Sincerely. My opinion. Feed an expectation that has been answered with summed up in outfits, hongmoon store, and blah, blah, blah. NCSoft has to make money, okay. But the experience itself is poor.It has not been worth.

Blade and Soul has became a haven for cheaters and hackers.  Legitimate players get ignored and punished for reporting a hacker.  Even if you go through "proper channels" (ticket) nothing gets done.  We have been asking NC Soft to do something about them since day 2. They ignored us. It's time we ignore them.  I'm sorry but there is no excuse for me being able to log in RIGHT !@#$ NOW and in less than 2 minutes show you a hacker or a bot.  That's just pathetic.  And when I say "right now", I mean YOU choose the time and I will show you one within 2 minutes.  Pathetic...  I've never seen anything like it in any other MMO I have played and I have been playing them for over 15 years.

Edit: Haven't quit yet.  In fact, just bought an outfit, however if nothing changes soon, I'm done.

On 4/7/2016 at 8:11 PM, LordLokai said:

Are a number of reasons people are dropping the game

1: Lagging during Soul Field, Lagging when are to many people on the screen... really no excuse for it for a game this old

2: Hackers, Bots, and cheating in general can really ruin an experience, its no fun to be pvping or running an area and run slap dab into a wall of bots who ruin your enjoyment of the game...

3: Faction Imbalance: i know for me at least its impossible to do pvp dailys on my server as one faction VASTLY lout numbers the other, creating a situation where all channels are dominated by one faction and only one faction its pretty disheartening its either swap over or feed the enemy...

4: Upgrade Wall: alot of people and i mean alot of people are hitting the upgrade wall where they need 600 or more gold JUST to upgrade to next tier, and that's a daunting task, even if you do every daily that's only what 30-40 gold a day? getting 600 is crazy i mean its kind of nuts...

5: Realization that this game isn't what they hoped and loss of interest 

These seem to be the big ones, of course game guard and bugs also rank up there... i think anyone that plays this casually is going to get a rude awakening once they hit true profane rank 10 and realize amount of gold and farming required... alot of issues that need resolved and it'll probably be awhile before things balance out. 

Don't forget that the RNG in this game is beyond abysmal.

To be honest, other than bots, and it seems that NCSoft is supporting the hackers, bots, and cheaters at this point, I'm heavily considering ditching the game. The customer service is not that great either. The honeymoon phase for this game for me has passed and now I feel like I'm forcing myself to play this game and forcing myself to try and find some form of enjoyment each time I log in, and I don't each time I log out.

Honestly, the game developers need to take a heavy look at their fanbase. Many people are unhappy, and slapping them across the face won't make them happier, contrary to popular game company belief. 

I'm not quitting just yet, but I can see how things might go that way sooner or later. Tons of smaller issues (and a few big stinkers) pile up into a mountain of woe.

Gold spammers sending me friend invites is annoying and makes legit friendvites get awkwardly lost among the spam. An option to block friend invites entirely that gives the requester a message about it being an automatic refusal would solve this problem nicely. This harassment is allowed to continue on and on without so much as a peep from NC. Report them? Yeah, that'll help immensely, it's not like they can just make another account with an extra letter or two - IF action was ever taken in the first place.

Shameless cash grabbing overdrive with cosmetics. No account wardrobe, shadily priced one-time transfer stamps instead. Buy an outfit once, pay forever to move it around - ~10% of the outfit's price a pop, at that. Nope, I really don't think so. I'd be happy to buy any and all outfits appealing to my taste (way cheaper than RL shopping yet gives a similar rush), but since they're being so scummy about it all, I won't.

Upgrading gear becomes horrible. Siren stage was/is the "are you freakin' serious?" moment for me and it gets much, much worse with far less reward for vastly greater effort and expense required. The fact that I'm suddenly expected to do faction crap to get breakthrough components isn't helping, when so far the whole thing has been entirely optional and I have zero interest in PvP of any kind. Even less in the nonsensical "spec for PvE, kill mobs and expose yourself to ganking" routine most faction quests are. Just ew.

The amount of bullshit around Hongmoon skills is staggering. Books as rare dungeon drops or only attainable through clan crafting or grinding pointless "achievements" until the heat death of the universe. 600 is doable, no problem. 1250? Maybe in a few years if the game stays around that long (for the record, I hope it does and gets better with age). The questing makes me want to kick whoever designed it in a vulnerable spot. And the same again for alts, of course, because... reasons.

Open world boss drops determined purely by damage dealt. If my class is being most helpful by standing still and holding a boss for 6 seconds, during which time everyone attacking it gets 20 focus and a crit boost, I get jack diddly for rewards for making a contribution that gets bigger the more other people are attacking. Great design there. Dodging/surviving AoEs makes melee tricky enough, the fact that I pretty much forfeit any chance of top rewards by playing my class correctly takes it a step further.

Error 1000! Error 3000! Which one will DC me in the middle of a fight this time? Woo! Exciting! Now with weird lag and stutters! Welcome back, GameGuard! At least the poor, hard-working bots don't seem bothered at all.

Dungeon firewalls deserve a special mention. Nothing quite like joining a group in progress, rushing in to help clear the dungeon and get roasted because some clueless son of a plog decided it would save time to start the fight with 5/6 instead of waiting 5 seconds for everyone to get there.

Some of these things are inarguable problems, others personal preferences. All of them can be fixed or changed for the better, if NC has interest in doing so. I'm not going to wait forever, though: I've already cut back my gametime to minimal effort and stopped buying NCoin entirely, because trying any harder just doesn't feel worthwhile right now.

On 4/7/2016 at 6:20 PM, KuroStarr said:

I know a lot of people are quitting just due to the fewer amount of people talking in faction chat and such. Everyone has their own reasons for quitting, I think a lot of people who are dealing with FPS issues and lag kind of held out hope that it would be fixed, but it hasn't been fixed. Nor have bots or hackers.

I personally quit because level 50 is no different than level 45. You do the same dailies and farm the same dungeon over and over and over, day after day. This game is so alt unfriendly and "I can't no life the game so I don't have a ton of time to make gold" that you fall far behind the people who made tons of money and already have ridiculously amounts of gear sco - I mean, attack power. I just don't feel like dealing with it anymore. It's just all the same. Nothing new, nothing interesting, nothing innovative, nothing to do on the side. Just the same, boring thing. They couldn't even come up with different ways to upgrade your gear, it's just the same thing with different names. Hell, they even make people who are far ahead get ahead more with how you obtain HM spells, thus making the strong stronger, as usual.

I can't honestly believe that they can't do something as simple as making Siren/Pirate accessories and such easier to get, not just for mains but for alts. Instead they leave it the same and their solution is to put the stuff to buy them... in the cash shop? No, no. I'm done. I refuse to deal with a company that has next to no control over their own game, and has to ask the ACTUAL devs in Korea to do things that take far too long to actually do.

This is exactly why I logged off about two weeks ago and haven't been back. The grind has become worse, and the population has dropped off, meaning there are fewer people to get through initial content so if you're new, good luck. I just don't see the joy in no-lifeing a game.

On 4/7/2016 at 5:36 PM, Valiant said:

Fine do say it my internet like people yesterday in dung, blaming me and my ISP for lag problem while cursing me ofcourse :)

im never cursed you lol but okay

4 hours ago, Prototypemind said:

This is exactly why I logged off about two weeks ago and haven't been back. The grind has become worse, and the population has dropped off, meaning there are fewer people to get through initial content so if you're new, good luck. I just don't see the joy in no-lifeing a game.

If you dont like grinding. or cant even handle a little bit of it. then you probably shouldnt be playing mmorpgs period.. every mmo will have grinding so goodluck finding one without. and it is not hard to get through the content at all

5 hours ago, TaruV said:

I'm not quitting just yet, but I can see how things might go that way sooner or later. Tons of smaller issues (and a few big stinkers) pile up into a mountain of woe.

Gold spammers sending me friend invites is annoying and makes legit friendvites get awkwardly lost among the spam. An option to block friend invites entirely that gives the requester a message about it being an automatic refusal would solve this problem nicely. This harassment is allowed to continue on and on without so much as a peep from NC. Report them? Yeah, that'll help immensely, it's not like they can just make another account with an extra letter or two - IF action was ever taken in the first place.

Shameless cash grabbing overdrive with cosmetics. No account wardrobe, shadily priced one-time transfer stamps instead. Buy an outfit once, pay forever to move it around - ~10% of the outfit's price a pop, at that. Nope, I really don't think so. I'd be happy to buy any and all outfits appealing to my taste (way cheaper than RL shopping yet gives a similar rush), but since they're being so scummy about it all, I won't.

Upgrading gear becomes horrible. Siren stage was/is the "are you freakin' serious?" moment for me and it gets much, much worse with far less reward for vastly greater effort and expense required. The fact that I'm suddenly expected to do faction crap to get breakthrough components isn't helping, when so far the whole thing has been entirely optional and I have zero interest in PvP of any kind. Even less in the nonsensical "spec for PvE, kill mobs and expose yourself to ganking" routine most faction quests are. Just ew.

The amount of bullshit around Hongmoon skills is staggering. Books as rare dungeon drops or only attainable through clan crafting or grinding pointless "achievements" until the heat death of the universe. 600 is doable, no problem. 1250? Maybe in a few years if the game stays around that long (for the record, I hope it does and gets better with age). The questing makes me want to kick whoever designed it in a vulnerable spot. And the same again for alts, of course, because... reasons.

Open world boss drops determined purely by damage dealt. If my class is being most helpful by standing still and holding a boss for 6 seconds, during which time everyone attacking it gets 20 focus and a crit boost, I get jack diddly for rewards for making a contribution that gets bigger the more other people are attacking. Great design there. Dodging/surviving AoEs makes melee tricky enough, the fact that I pretty much forfeit any chance of top rewards by playing my class correctly takes it a step further.

Error 1000! Error 3000! Which one will DC me in the middle of a fight this time? Woo! Exciting! Now with weird lag and stutters! Welcome back, GameGuard! At least the poor, hard-working bots don't seem bothered at all.

Dungeon firewalls deserve a special mention. Nothing quite like joining a group in progress, rushing in to help clear the dungeon and get roasted because some clueless son of a plog decided it would save time to start the fight with 5/6 instead of waiting 5 seconds for everyone to get there.

Some of these things are inarguable problems, others personal preferences. All of them can be fixed or changed for the better, if NC has interest in doing so. I'm not going to wait forever, though: I've already cut back my gametime to minimal effort and stopped buying NCoin entirely, because trying any harder just doesn't feel worthwhile right now.

except the goldspammer(i just block them) and the "cash grabbing", pretty much this

1 hour ago, Madolche said:

im never cursed you lol but okay

If you dont like grinding. or cant even handle a little bit of it. then you probably shouldnt be playing mmorpgs period.. every mmo will have grinding so goodluck finding one without. and it is not hard to get through the content at all

SWTOR did a great job of not being non-stop grind. It had a much, much larger variety of dailies, on top of which dailies/currency grinding weren't essential for progression. There were multiple difficulty levels for all content, giving you reason to gear better and continue returning to play. Raids required larger groups, more possible roles, and more variation on what you faced. PvP had major issues, but it was nice that it had objectives and wasn't based around kill one to three other players and call it a day.

GW2 managed to turn itself into a grind fest, but it used to be pretty fun just to hop on and play. The map rewards were a step in the right direction, but overall much better done than in this game. On top of that until the devs lost their minds, PvP was not only varied in its forms because of World vs World, it also allowed PvP players to gain PvE items without ever having to hop into dungeons, etc.

I don't mind some grind, but this game is exactly the same as Vindictus and BDO: it's based on RNG and a gold standard, meaning that skill has nothing to do with it, and wallet warriors and those who choose to no-life in front of the keyboard are the only ones who will stay up to do date. I want fun in my game, not grind. It would be like if Monopoly were played by doing nothing but rolling the dice again and again after you've gone around the board once. Eventually you just begin to forget why it was fun in the first place.

Don't try to explain to me what I need to like if I want to play MMOs. It's not my fault that MMOs have decided that this is how they want to go, but the bottom line is that this game, while it was grindy before this update because of the lack of content, has now become even more of a gold grind. I literally felt like I'd have more fun at any job than playing this game at this point. This game doesn't have a little grind, it has nothing but.

SWTOR and WoW did a much better job of progression raiding than this game and its RNG-based counterparts do because gearing was time-gated but skill based. Here it's nothing but luck or in some cases how much real money you can throw at the game. The former and the latter both take all the fun out of gaming in their own way. You progress either because you surrender all your free hours to the game or because you throw cash at it.

1 hour ago, Prototypemind said:

SWTOR did a great job of not being non-stop grind. It had a much, much larger variety of dailies, on top of which dailies/currency grinding weren't essential for progression. There were multiple difficulty levels for all content, giving you reason to gear better and continue returning to play. Raids required larger groups, more possible roles, and more variation on what you faced. PvP had major issues, but it was nice that it had objectives and wasn't based around kill one to three other players and call it a day.

Dont know about you if u even get infos about BNS or played CBT'S but all this stuff we have is in the Game for year's. So why complain about now? If u dont like Grind or the other stuff you mentioned  why do u start playing BNS?  It's not the western standard MMO every one knows that if u like it play it, if not stay away and dont compare it to other mmo's. 

Most are quitting because they can't tolerate the amount of straight out CHEATING in this game. And who can blame them? Bots, hacks, gold buying - it all amounts to one thing: cheating. I  don't care which side is doing it. It needs to be stopped. All these children need to learn to grow up and take some responsibility. The bad part is when you kill them they wanna cry about it. Oh I'm sorry..did I kill you and your bots? Oh gee...I didn't mean to be better than your hack, sorry.

""Cricket" you, I'm gonna go get my faction in here and you'll be sorry!" As if I'm hanging around to bother with the loser. In fact, if he had just left me alone I wouldn't have bothered to put him down.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 11:55 AM, BlueBlue said:

They are joining guild because of that stupid hongmoon pellet for HM skill and it doesn't mean the player base getting larger.

Yes, hardcore fanboy of BnS will stick with the game no matter how bad it's gonna be, also you can see other NCsoft FAILED games still have ppls playing even they only have 2 servers up for both NA/EU LOL they still get some profits but at minimal rate.

maybe for your guild, but for mine you have to be on discord/be active/do events/run dungeons/ect.... soooooo I do not think they are there just for the pellet seeing as they are all active and talk in discord/run things with guildies...

but think w/e you want XD

SWTOR is all about paying sub to skip the grind. You still need to be in a good well-run guild to play the ops. SWTOR is much friendlier to a new player with a huge and gigantic amount of the solo content at the get go with the 8 unique class stories, but you will have to pick your main after finishing all 8 because after that it becomes a tedium of repeating the end-game story to get to the solo end-game. It is an alt heaven, because you can level and gear alts really, really fast, including buying them for peanuts at near end-level. Playing it is much heavier on the muscle memory though, with like 6 keybinds for just targeting and 30+ for everything else. SWTOR is a great game, but after having played it for 2 years, well, BnS has a better potential to appeal to a solo player, IF ONLY they dropped down the amount of mats required and allowed the alternative gearing via the 24M zones with the 6-4M dungeons giving optional BiS gear that did not bar further progression.

On 4/9/2016 at 11:12 AM, TaruV said:

snip

Let me take this one point by point:

1. Gold spammers. This isn't a huge issue on Taywong since I have yet to have a spammer try to friend me and only a couple of whispers in dungeon lobby. A quick block of 1 or 2 in faction chat and I'm usually good.

2. "Cash grab"? I don't think so. Cosmetics is how F2P games SHOULD be raking in cash. Many games don't have an account based wardrobe (I might go as far as to say most don't). This is truly working as intended imho.

3. The upgrades in this game are no where near as bad as many other eastern MMOs. They already did us a favor my not putting in legendary weapons early. Truthfully as much as I might complain about the darts from True Pirate to Breeze, its actually not the worst I've seen. Keep in mind that getting past true pirate is equivalent to getting tier 1 raid level gear in other games. I do feel sorry for fresh 45s trying to go through Siren since the 50 patch however. 

4. I think the idea behind the hongmoon skills is that those who can farm the dungeons and get lucky, get their skills early. I say early since I don't think its intended for us to be able to easily obtain them yet. Your comment about achievement points is completely off however. I got over 1000 points without even trying or paying attention to it at all. 1250 is more than reasonable.

5. Open world bosses. This issue here isn't the dps reward check, its the class balance in that ranged classes have it way easier whereas a destro like myself has to move with the boss and dodge all the while trying to dps. So I partially agree here.

6. Never had any major performance problems from GG myself.

7. Firewalls are kinda dumb but I guess its just an alternative to invisible walls. Not really a major issue to me.

And seeing how easy it is to lag behind because the first person who runs through the trash kicks in the combat mode, and thus inevitably prevents someone else from activating the run or glide it does not even have to be a dungeon in progress. In my three out of three runs on the Blackram chain someone always got stranded. And if you try to take the mobs of the guy who is beset, it is you who is going to die in fire. GG for teamwork.

I was also killed by a Cutscene.

We were running towards Poharan, and since the cutscene kicked in, I naturally assumed that it was safe to see it. WRONG. Once cutscene ended, my character was dead, and by the time I ressed, someone pulled, and I saw a wall of fire to quit the run incomplete. Seriously, if Cutscene is there, it should trigger when it's safe to watch it.

Is it really that the only way to run the Dungeons in this game is to run head-on first to make sure it's someone else that is gonna be thrown under the bus? That's just wrong. IMO you should not be able to start a boss fight until everyone is in the room.

I havn't had lag problems other than a few instances where the game stops for about 10 seconds, other than that it'sjust that  theres over 30 people on the screen.

As for the bots you all see them as purely bad, which I agree they are bad in some ways, however they keep the cost of some items down by them farming them which can keep items stabilized. 

Here a major reason why people quit, I having lag problem inside Arena/ Cross server while I have no lag problem in any other online games or even on the server of game except having the problem on Arena/ Cross server only.

They did try everything with me and nothing worked so they send me that 
241jeb6.png

Like I didn't check my ISP before, Like I didn't try any other onlines games -.-

Now what shall I do ? It simple quit cause I can't get money from arena or cross server no more all what I can do now is the damn 24 man pve and faction dailies only....

Called it a day today, sent some random under 400 ap melee all my gold and a few items, deleted my character and uninstalled. 

Now to get back to real life.

The reason just got bored and spending 2 hours today in ssp as melee not getting chests from terrors but getting aggro every time made me realise I'm not have fun anymore.

48 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Here a major reason why people quit, I having lag problem inside Arena/ Cross server while I have no lag problem in any other online games or even on the server of game except having the problem on Arena/ Cross server only.

They did try everything with me and nothing worked so they send me that 
241jeb6.png

Like I didn't check my ISP before, Like I didn't try any other onlines games -.-

Now what shall I do ? It simple quit cause I can't get money from arena or cross server no more all what I can do now is the damn 24 man pve and faction dailies only....

"...for the issue you're experiencing" = "we didn't read what you wrote, here's a generic answer"

I'm THAT close to quitting because of the bots. If it was bad before, now it's just impossible. You can't even do dailies because of the armies of bots that steal all mobs. And what do the GMs and NCsoft do? Nothing. They're silent, never even show up, never respond, just want you to give them more of your hard-earned money for crap in the Store. Bots are destroying the gameplay, they are destroying the Marketplace too, and all we get are excuses and non-action. Good job, NCsoft - you might have the first MMO in history that's entirely bot-populated.

1 hour ago, Fuz said:

"...for the issue you're experiencing" = "we didn't read what you wrote, here's a generic answer"

And fun fact is , Gameguard is shitty useless program and their security server is crap that can't stop a single script of bot or spammer that we keep report like tons of times.

They did even mention it could be gameguard problem just blah from point to point, Like you did check my Ping, Pc, Made me make new account over my pc, Made me reinstall game and all of that didn't fix the problem.

So does that mean it my ISP fault then ? and let's be honest how it my ISP fault ? Like I can play game fine without lag on Ebon hall server and even play atleast 3 or 2 Arena match or Dungeons before I start to lag does that mean my ISP know when I play Arena or Cross server and start to lag me ?

It impossible that your internet fail you in every time you in Arena or Cross server but never fail you in another online game or even when you do your dailies 24man and faction dailies but only pick to fail on arena/ cross server only.

Archived