Forums

Why everyone is quiting

eric11zhao

1 minute ago, Saoyara said:

Strange since Yesterday I got insta queue on it queuing with only one friend, i must have been lucky then :). But yeah you are just telling me what I was telling you all the time, that people only does the new content, and what does a new player do? Well either they add ncoin (which is kinda what NCSoft wants with those pirate/siren emblem tbh), join a guild and asking for a gear run for them (I saw this like 4-5 times in the last week at the guild I was in) or in the last case they either ask here, or end quiting (and in some cases making threads as we were mentioning earlier) but that happens in everygame people comes and leaves, even League of Legends (the most successful game of the entire story) has moments that they lose players, same for CSGO, WoW, D3, etc.

Just so I am clear, I do not run the level 45's for gear. I am already True Pirate weapon and True Siren accessories, except necklace.

I do it as daily or when I need perfumes and all.

The problem with BnS is that clearly while people are leaving, not enough are coming in. Otherwise, if it really had 2 million players, at least level 45's wouldn't have been deserted so fast. We do not even have the full level 50 content.

I would understand if Blackram Narrows are a ghost town(although that's another problem, but anyway). But NSH, E.Fleet, BSH, Poharan 6man are being played way too less.

I am feeling way too sleepy, so I won't go in game now, but I will record a video showing the intensity of Poharan 6man tomorrow and if possible, will sent it to you. Otherwise, maybe a screenshot...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Saoyara said:

I'm pretty sure i have way more intelligence than you since you are claiming the oposite, but maybe if you look deeper into my reply you will get what i meant. But hey keep whinning and doing some afirmations like  that, not like anyone will give a fk about them, besides you have no clue how the population is going anyway. Hf :)

I know you and NN13 went back and forth on population, just like to point out the fact that you no longer had to wait for log in is a sure sign that actual "log in" number of people at peak hours are way down. Remember that brief, fleeting time where you had wait to log in game?

15 hours ago, Domriana said:

I haven't completely stopped playing yet, but my enthusiasm for the game has taken a nose-dive. The game BnS I absolutely love but it is becoming clear NC is a problem.

I have 3 accounts. 1 Premium, 1 formerly Premium and a F2P. I'm cancelling Premium on my final account when it expires for several reasons. I haven't even logged into my other 2 accounts for nearly a month.

1. First and foremost is the way NC is managing this game. Lack of communication, poor customer support, and that every decision made seems to be centered around how to pad the bottom line instead of invigorating the player-base.

2. Hiding things that shouldn't cost the player money behind things that actually cost the player money. The inter-account mail issue is probably the most glaring for me. Since launch we should have had the ability to mail our alts without charging NCoin. This broken system has been incredibly profitable for NC thus any time the subject is brought up, we are met with complete silence. EVERY SINGLE TIME I have sent a ticket about the inter-account mail system, the VERY FIRST RESPONSE from their CS is "Buy NCoin". Another of these is the gem slot/gem hammer problem. Without any warning what so ever (people who played the other regions don't count), NC implemented a system where items you purchase with RMT can be taken away with a simple RNG roll and will cost you 5-10X as much to replace at the level they are removed.

3. Progression Wall due to pushing out content so quickly. My first 45 was incredibly easy to gear in preparation to 50. My second 45 was incredibly easy to gear in preparation to 50. I have been leveling a new character that I started after the latest expansion patch and it is a complete nightmare. I am constantly underfunded for my level. I am having a hell of a time filling spots for (I can't believe I'm going to use this word after only 3 months) "legacy" or leveling instances. Much of the materials used to fund progression pre-50 has been moved to out of reach areas or market priced out of range due to scarcity.

4. GameGuard. NC willfully installed a 3rd party rootkit with no 3rd party EULA, no way to uninstall completely without manually editing the registry, and has a history of conflicting with or disabling security software leaving player's computers vulnerable. There has been much discussion on the forums and other venues about GG and it's problems but some of my own have been things like: Frame stuttering, input lag, having to completely delete my razor software, random conflicts and closures of my AV and Firewall programs, and has even gone so far as to on several occasions close my Fan Control Software.... yes, GG wanted to let the Magic Smoke out of my CPU.

So really, I would have loved to go all-in and spend my disposable income on this beautiful game, but because of the way NC has been managing this train wreck, I'm pulling out of funding anymore of their horrible decisions. It's all the little things that add up over time so I'll just go non-premium/F2P for now and see if they pull their heads out at some point in the future.

^This...

Make a new thread and copy and paste this. You highlight the most essential issues most players are having. There are also a lot of issues with pure class balance problems in arena that many pvp players are frustrated about. I would say another significant issue that is worthy of mentioning would be HM skills. Something as significant and game changing as HM skills, which in most cases actually achieve more balance and make a class viable, should not be an incredibly low rng drop in a 4man dungeon. 

2 hours ago, Alphashado said:

I personally don't mind a grind. But I resent the fact that I can completely bypass the grind with a credit card. I resent that fact that I am tempted to take out my VISA card on a daily basis. It makes me feel like prey and NCsoft is the Predator.

I'm going to have to take NCSoft's side on this particular comment. You may resent the the Pay2Progress model but its the whales that pull out that checkbook that keep this game free and going for the rest of us. Them having top gear has no real effect on you outside of OWPVP so why do you care so much.

Why do you resent the fact that there is a way for people to get in game advantages that don't negatively impact you or hinder your ability to reach their potential with enough time and work.

17 hours ago, Valiant said:

• People with same problem.
  • I do play normal without lag or delay problem outside Cross server/ Arena lobby.
  • I do play other online game without any problem example APB Reload.
  • It not my *cricket*ing internet cause everything work fine, It game side problem and you could ask them even cause they did admit that game having problem with dynamic IP connection which I have.
  • And I do play on EU server, Which is located into German and I do live in Egypt so me not that far, I do have decent 80ms to Ebon hall server but for Arena/ Cross server lobby I got around 500ms; So explain this shit.

So before talk, Understand and stop posting non sense talk to defend game

1 : That due to fact that game is not Optimize for Large scale group , Mean either you having internet speed problem (Like I do ) or FPS drop anyhow FPS drop happen due to not optimize game and Internet speed problem happen to due the fact that game require at least 100+ Kilobyte download and 20+ Kilobyte upload Which is a really a big amount of data to be send normally any other game require only around 10 Kilobyte download and 5 Kilobyte upload with large scales (Ex : Archeage, Jade Dynasty, Forsaken world,APB Reloaded)

2: Well they will never fix that due the fact they couldn't fix it on Korean. 

3: I do play on Ebon Hall (EU Server ) and I do sadly belong to blue faction, Reds number are way huge than Blue numbers beside many people change from blue to red..

4:I'm sitting at that upgrade wall sadly because I can't do Large scale group new contact and I don't have much time to spam the new Purple dungs like 10 time per day 

5: Game is broken unbalanced, Got many visual bugs that ruin the gameplay for either arena or in bosses.

6: Add to that the fact that game not working well with dynamic IPs, Mean that people who use dynamic IP (Like myself ) Will need to restart their router few times till they get good IP to play game without lag problem (Also I having Arena/Cross server lag problem nowadays )

sure whatever you say lol. *internet* cough

Its nothing unusual that people quit games, it happanes everyday in every MMO. This past month over 15 players from my Clan quit, including the leader, no one mentioned bots or lag, they just got bored of the game, which is totaly normal for any game, you play it til you get bored of it, then you move on.

I know a lot of people are quitting just due to the fewer amount of people talking in faction chat and such. Everyone has their own reasons for quitting, I think a lot of people who are dealing with FPS issues and lag kind of held out hope that it would be fixed, but it hasn't been fixed. Nor have bots or hackers.

I personally quit because level 50 is no different than level 45. You do the same dailies and farm the same dungeon over and over and over, day after day. This game is so alt unfriendly and "I can't no life the game so I don't have a ton of time to make gold" that you fall far behind the people who made tons of money and already have ridiculously amounts of gear sco - I mean, attack power. I just don't feel like dealing with it anymore. It's just all the same. Nothing new, nothing interesting, nothing innovative, nothing to do on the side. Just the same, boring thing. They couldn't even come up with different ways to upgrade your gear, it's just the same thing with different names. Hell, they even make people who are far ahead get ahead more with how you obtain HM spells, thus making the strong stronger, as usual.

I can't honestly believe that they can't do something as simple as making Siren/Pirate accessories and such easier to get, not just for mains but for alts. Instead they leave it the same and their solution is to put the stuff to buy them... in the cash shop? No, no. I'm done. I refuse to deal with a company that has next to no control over their own game, and has to ask the ACTUAL devs in Korea to do things that take far too long to actually do.

Yet I'm sitting here with absolutely no signs of any lag at all, and I'm not even in the same country as the european servers are. I think that, those who complain about network lag, should do some proper investigation first about their internet speed cap, bandwith, or consult getting a better transmission media or ISP package.

Yes, lads, maybe it's time to finally get something better than that 1mb/s download speed. We're in freaking 2016.

18 minutes ago, Aviarn said:

Yet I'm sitting here with absolutely no signs of any lag at all, and I'm not even in the same country as the european servers are. I think that, those who complain about network lag, should do some proper investigation first about their internet speed cap, bandwith, or consult getting a better transmission media or ISP package.

Yes, lads, maybe it's time to finally get something better than that 1mb/s download speed. We're in freaking 2016.

Keep defending the game, They will reward you for it :D

@Aviarn Just... No.

I personally still am hooked on the game and have alt which noticed a few curious things.

Starting off with first thing, I have a melee level 45+ and a ranged one 45+. So far, the ranged one feels so much better than the melee one because of the obvious. Lag and FPS drop make it virtually impossible to do any sort of activity in packed zones. But even besides that, I have less and less incentive to play the game because of having to meet too many requirements to upgrade my gear. For instance, I've noticed today that my accessories on an alt (say still in Hogmoon > Infernal stage) net a lot of stats per upgrade level, which is usually not the case (in my experience so far) with end-game equipment which needs a lot more materials for upgrade. Also another thing I have noticed on my alt. Since I know how to play the game, have vastly upgraded my gear, even beyond what I'm running and am running an alt at the smooth pace, I have mostly noticed bots at world bosses and a player here and there. This is on Ebon Hall EU which I think is one of the more populated servers on this side of the world. So, the game with its problems is slowly getting tiresome, and is slowly driving me away from itself. As I've said I am still hooked onto it but I find less and less incentive to go on my end-level characters, do something there for a whole day and not feel rewarded in the end. I hope, for NCSoft's sake that this feeling will still last for some time and that there aren't that many people like me, but if they don't start improving their game soon (and I don't mean improve as in new content but actual fixes) I will be the one of those people silently going away.

On the serious note, when was the last time you guys saw anything being done on system or in-game features in the patch notes? When was the last time any one of you saw any of that information being communicated onto us? As far as I remember, it was quite some time ago, which is said and shows to me that they aren't trying their best to get this game into working condition. As far as I am concerned, until they fix some of the basic problems in the game, they won't see a penny from me. Good work should be rewarded, I am all for that, but so far, this game has done no good work. Personally, I don't mind doing the entire story on all eight (maybe even nine soon) characters if everything is working as intended. I really don't enjoy the game atm, as I feel I should because I have to sacrifice many of its defining features (the scenery, for instance) for being able to play it. Atm I run the game as smooth as it can go (still can't time iframes with red aoe in SSP) but I have to put almost all of my graphics settings to 1 in order to be able to do so. Sorry but even my patience has its limits and I won't go on like this forever, especially because this is something that got me here in the first place.

Im trying hard not to quit, because I think its an awesome game, graphics, combat, pvp. I dont lag, bots dont bother me at all, its just the lack of contant, you can do dailies and thats it, but after you do them all a few times, it gets very boring.

But its a free MMO and I had a good few months, so there shouldnt really be anything to complain about.

Because of lack of the communication! Only a real small base(1k~2k)players get information because they watch the streams, all the others players don't have any other information because the staff don't come to the forums ._.

7 hours ago, Mistia said:

I know you and NN13 went back and forth on population, just like to point out the fact that you no longer had to wait for log in is a sure sign that actual "log in" number of people at peak hours are way down. Remember that brief, fleeting time where you had wait to log in game?

Keep reading some statements after and you will get the answer by yourself. Peace.

I just want to add:

The population in poh and nsh depends on the channel you get on when entering. If you get on an empty channel then tough luck. Plus it's old content and most players already upgraded beyond that point so there is no incentive to run it.

7 hours ago, ThePrelate said:

On the serious note, when was the last time you guys saw anything being done on system or in-game features in the patch notes? When was the last time any one of you saw any of that information being communicated onto us?

Last week, a week after the silverfrost update.

7 hours ago, Valiant said:

Keep defending the game, They will reward you for it :D

Just saying, but it's true. I literally have not any lag-like issues, not even FPS or network related, on any and all areas and activities (and my Pc is NOT a custom-built, high-end gaming computer.)

This literally means that, whatever lag you're complaining about, is not on their end's fault. If it would, then I would have it too, and I don't. Trust me, I've worked a lot on the community management/support part of several gaming media. and 99% of all "lag" occasions people were complaining about, were because 1, they pushed the game's performance further than their PC can handle, 2, they did not have the proper software or hardware to run the game like they'dd expect to, or 3, their connection on their home network or the route from their ISP handler, or any other 3rd party that aranges the route between client and host, is not sufficient to run the game.

49 minutes ago, Aviarn said:

Just saying, but it's true. I literally have not any lag-like issues, not even FPS or network related, on any and all areas and activities (and my Pc is NOT a custom-built, high-end gaming computer.)

This literally means that, whatever lag you're complaining about, is not on their end's fault. If it would, then I would have it too, and I don't. Trust me, I've worked a lot on the community management/support part of several gaming media. and 99% of all "lag" occasions people were complaining about, were because 1, they pushed the game's performance further than their PC can handle, 2, they did not have the proper software or hardware to run the game like they'dd expect to, or 3, their connection on their home network or the route from their ISP handler, or any other 3rd party that aranges the route between client and host, is not sufficient to run the game.

I love reading white knight's forum posts.

It is really entertaining.

7 hours ago, Aviarn said:

And why not say ? that their software fail down with some systems ? 

2 hours ago, Puppy Pie said:

eh I haven't noticed people quitting in fact my guild has grown by a tremendous amount since the ss patch (with new and vets)

They are joining guild because of that stupid hongmoon pellet for HM skill and it doesn't mean the player base getting larger.

1 hour ago, Cetra said:

It's over for this game, the only people sticking around are the diehards that will play regardless of all the issues.

Yes, hardcore fanboy of BnS will stick with the game no matter how bad it's gonna be, also you can see other NCsoft FAILED games still have ppls playing even they only have 2 servers up for both NA/EU LOL they still get some profits but at minimal rate.

On 4/7/2016 at 11:11 PM, LordLokai said:

2: Hackers, Bots, and cheating in general can really ruin an experience, its no fun to be pvping or running an area and run slap dab into a wall of bots who ruin your enjoyment of the game...

LOL, hackers/bots is why I am not spending $$ on premium renew, and going F2P instead. Never thaw I would say it, but most of my clan mates that moved from TW to NA moved on to BDO, which I am also starting to play and enjoy.

At least there I have yet to meet any hackers/bots.

5 hours ago, AttacKat said:

LOL, hackers/bots is why I am not spending $$ on premium renew, and going F2P instead. Never thaw I would say it, but most of my clan mates that moved from TW to NA moved on to BDO, which I am also starting to play and enjoy.

At least there I have yet to meet any hackers/bots.

cool story, please tell again

lag

bots

scams

unstable game

unbalanced game

bad game at all

bad engine

boring after a month

no info for the gameplay

no guides

u lose a lot of money

i may tell and more . but thats all what i got for a 60 sec .

Archived