Jump to content
Forums

What is your game doing to my PC?


Immortal Technique

Recommended Posts

I was just standing still in Yehara's Mirage and then I tabbed out, went to tab back into the game and it crashed, and it was stuck on NOT RESPONDING for over 10 minutes and wouldn't even let me click anything, not even 'End Task' in task manager so I had to restart my whole PC.

 

Despite the constant lag spikes and low fps drops, what's going on? can anybody help me here? is everyone that uses AMD basically doomed? on the lowest settings (optimized for combat, characters hidden) I get 1-12 fps in Soulstone Plains and 15-23 in Misty Woods, and 50+ in solo instances. On other games I'm doing 60-105 FPS.

 

I have a feeling it's GameGuard causing these problems for me. EVERY SINGLE DAY and I'm getting tired of this, I've tried everything and I badly need advice... 

 

Is it because I'm on Windows 8.1? it must be something..... my internet is fast and I never have trouble with it so it's not that either. I've updated all my graphics card regularly too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Immortal Technique said:

Is it because I'm on Windows 8.1?

Its not. Im on windows 7 and i have the exact same issues. Also using AMD. Even though the not responding window happens very very rarely im still plagued frequently with either crashes (during a boss encounter only. And its pissing me off) or flat out PC shut downs/restarts (and before anyone comes with "whats your CPU temp", its completely fine. Same applies to memory usage etc)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kretias said:

Its not. Im on windows 7 and i have the exact same issues. Also using AMD. Even though the not responding window happens very very rarely im still plagued frequently with either crashes (during a boss encounter only. And its pissing me off) or flat out PC shut downs/restarts (and before anyone comes with "whats your CPU temp", its completely fine. Same applies to memory usage etc)

Well I am glad that it's just not me then!! and this "not responding" issue rarely happens but it happened when I tried out full screen mode (Alt + Enter in-game) and then tabbed out for it to only then go crazy on me. I couldn't click "end task" because I still had the game's cursor, and Enter/Spacebar wouldn't work >_< 

 

I definitely think it must have something to do with GameGuard not liking AMD or something, but I don't know because when GameGuard was disabled the other day, I was still getting low FPS spikes etc.. in fact, I've always had low FPS on this game ever since I started it and I've never managed to increase it.. hmm..

8 minutes ago, Bruce Chi said:

Smells like memory leak to me...

Good point... I should look into this and see if I can solve it then, if it really is a memory leak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This game certainly acts differently from other games I've played. I strongly advise against tabbing out during game session, especially on full screen. Whereas other games just minimize upon tabbing out, this one stays in full screen and only the task-bar appears. Also, when I do this, the game usually crashes. This problem occurred regularly while I was playing the game on Windows 10 (along with several other, namely game crashing in Misty Woods) and I haven't experimented with it ever since reverting back to Windows 7. Frankly, this kind of BS makes me wish for the game to loosen its grip on me so that I can willingly stop playing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Immortal Technique said:

Good point... I should look into this and see if I can solve it then, if it really is a memory leak.

You work for Team Bloodlust? It's the client that is unstable not your PC.

 

Since the Silverfrost patch the optimise for combat setting now completely butchers settings; to the point of not even bothering to render some textures/particles/animations, yet it performs the same or worse and crashes more regularly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bruce Chi said:

You work for Team Bloodlust? It's the client that is unstable not your PC.

 

Since the Silverfrost patch the optimise for combat setting now completely butchers settings; to the point of not even bothering to render some textures/particles/animations, yet it performs the same or worse and crashes more regularly.

Thought you meant my PC, well then... that makes sense because even with optimize for combat, my FPS weren't improving. >_< 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Bruce Chi said:

Poorly optimised/buggy code can fail to correctly clean up resources resulting in what's know as a memory leak, often results in lowering of performance to the point of crashing.

Then maybe it would make no difference if I were to try out a program that cleans memory in the background? (if that's even allowed, I don't know, I haven't tried it out anyway.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bruce Chi said:

Be mindful with anything that touches memory while they have GameGuard active since it scans it regularly. You may be fine but it may kick you with (4049) or similar error if it doesn't like what it sees.

Ah then I won't risk it I guess. :P Thanks for responding

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Immortal Technique said:

I was just standing still in Yehara's Mirage and then I tabbed out, went to tab back into the game and it crashed, and it was stuck on NOT RESPONDING for over 10 minutes and wouldn't even let me click anything, not even 'End Task' in task manager so I had to restart my whole PC.

 

Despite the constant lag spikes and low fps drops, what's going on? can anybody help me here? is everyone that uses AMD basically doomed? on the lowest settings (optimized for combat, characters hidden) I get 1-12 fps in Soulstone Plains and 15-23 in Misty Woods, and 50+ in solo instances. On other games I'm doing 60-105 FPS.

 

I have a feeling it's GameGuard causing these problems for me. EVERY SINGLE DAY and I'm getting tired of this, I've tried everything and I badly need advice... 

 

Is it because I'm on Windows 8.1? it must be something..... my internet is fast and I never have trouble with it so it's not that either. I've updated all my graphics card regularly too.

67727815.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since Silverfrost patch or probably before it came out by like 3-5 days,I started getting crazy delays in Bns only with the same disconnected from server and they were delays not freezes etc so had nothing to do with performance and I had them even when I would go on optimize for low ends.

Support tells me its my "ISP".

Later,I get some 600 mb repair automatically one day and then next day,the game has no lags.

The lags come back later on but normally,spamming repair option every now and then gets it fixed for a while.

I still get these lags randomly.

 

No,moreover,If I use any graphics higher than optimize for low ends,I get crash after like 30 mins be it in silverfrost new areas or in moonwater and other old areas and that happens only since silverfrost patch..Never happened and never game me same crash message before silverfrost patch.

Support tells me its my "PC" being min requirement and would need to be updated to suit "changes" to the game in the future...Seriously?Changes to the worse you mean?

My game used to work better in past patches..Is updating supposed to spoil game or to improve it?

No comment. :)

 

Thank you for breaking my heart,NCSoft. ^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...