Is it really unbalanced?

QRob

Hey guys,
I’m writing about this thing… expressing my opinion, because I’m nearly sick of people complaing about the PvP. I hear… like nonstop… all classes are unbalanced and such.
Well, here is the thing: in PvE I more likely accept that opinion of others’, ’cuz you know, many people have already mentioned SSP zone, where bosses and their aoes makes the melee classes’ life a little bit harder than the ranged classes’ one… yeh, and this is true, kind of…, and even at other PvE situations this difference comes out, if even just a little bit, though I’m not here to actaully talk about the PvE side. So, as I mentioned, I hear a lot of people saying the classes are unbalanced, and most of the time, this statement of people’s is related to PvP.
Well, my opinion about this is actuall two letters: BS . And why does this actually *cricket* me off? ’Cuz this statement is coming from people, who have no bloody idea how to PvP, either in OW (but lets skip this part 'cuz in OW everybody has different gear, and this, of course, might make some difference) or in the arenas.
Maybe, you guys have already noticed these people on chat in the Arena Lobby, in Facebook groups, or somewhere else, and the funny thing is, these people are silver and gold. (now LMAO really)
You barely can see platinum or diamond complaining about this.  And why is that so? Because, in most cases, platinum, and more likely diamond people have got into the dueling much more, they’ve got much more practice, much more knowledge about other classes, how to counter them and such, and I think they know as well that it’s all about this, so yeh, practice will get you forward. (Good ping is also not a bad thing to have.)
The people who state that (arena)pvp is unbalanced, in my opinion, are actually just simply bloody bad at PvP, and they have got like 30 matches behind.
The funny thing is, when someone gets beaten in a match, comes out and complains how that class is unbalanced that he had got, and probably he had have met like 2 more of that class before, and don’t know a bloody thing yet about how to counter it. So yeh. There is just one thing even funnier than this: when a lvl 24 person goes into arena, gets a lvl50 one enemy, who he gets beaten by, and comes out complaining. yeh… LMAO. (Just two thing to mention: if you are on low level, why the bloody hell you go to arenas, and even at least if you do so, stop wondering like a cow, and just… okay, I say it: STFU about it if you get beaten! LOL)
One more thing to mention: many people most likely complain about summoners. Well, yeh, just to make it clear for you, if there were two classes, one summoner and one other, both of them are noobs, of course the summoner would win. This is where all this come from. Summoner is the easiest class to kill noobs with, but hey!, wake up!, this whole thing is different at high ranking. You want proof? Okay.
Proof #1: on world championship tournaments, as far as I know, in the end and almost in the end matches, you barely see summoners, ’cuz they have probably fallen out, and BM, WL, FM, Destroyer or ’I don’t know ’ classes win. (You are free to come saying that: „other skill system”. Actually, not so much more different, so it doesn’t really matter.)
Proof #2: on the ranking ladder, above 2300, you can find almost all classes. We even had different classes than summoner on the 1st place, such as FM or Destroyer, maybe BM too, I don’t remember all kind.
And what does these ’’proofs” prove? They prove that this all about skills. (You can say it is not, you are probably bad, have high ping or something, I don’t know.)
This is my opinion about thise whole thing, I don’t know if you guys one hundred percently agree with me, or not at all, or just so-so,  but you are free to come up with your opinions, judgments.

It depends on how you want to define balance.

Some classes are hard counter to other classes. You need to be of a significantly higher skill level than your opponent to beat them. Those same classes have their own counters as well.

So no, not every match-up is balance. Not even close, there are clear advantages. Overall, the various classes generally have the same number of counters/advantage/even matches, but the population isn't even, so you may find yourself running into something that counters you a lot more often (for example, destroyers are everywhere. If you have trouble fighting destroyers and are good vs. BM, you're going to have a bad time.).

• 2 weeks later...

i feel its unbalance when the program throws you with a person that is ten lvls or more against you. you have no way of beating someone that is higher than you. I can see if the I am dueling with someone that is only 5 or 6 lvls but not 11 or 10. there weapon and gear is higher and have more hit points and they are able to resists everything that I throw at them so its is really unbalance.

If you are in arena before hitting 50 (not touching the HM discrepancies) then that's your problem for choosing to walk into a battle underarmed, it's on you, not your opponent. If you're doing it post at 50+HMs theres not really much that CAN even be done, sadly.

11 hours ago, Keyracharm said:

i feel its unbalance when the program throws you with a person that is ten lvls or more against you. you have no way of beating someone that is higher than you. I can see if the I am dueling with someone that is only 5 or 6 lvls but not 11 or 10. there weapon and gear is higher and have more hit points and they are able to resists everything that I throw at them so its is really unbalance.

gear doesn't matter in arena cause it's equalized no matter what you got(but it April 27 that we will get the 6vss, the gear will not be equalized, so prepare to get rekt). the problem is the lvl's and skill points difference. when the other is 50lvl and hongmoon 6+, ofc he will have extra advantage if you're 45lvl without hongmoon lvl. those that resist anything, they're hackers

• 2 weeks later...

gear matters as I have been playing you weapon and the lvl your player is the more hit points you have and the amount of damage you deal doesn't change I have experiences this first hand. so no the weapon stats do not change just because you are in pvp areas you still have the same stats and the same lvl  or gear this is a gear driven game. majority of mmos are gear base and so the higher lvl your charater is and the lvl the gear the more damage you will deal and the lower lvls cant touch the higher lvls. who ever told you that lvls don't matter lied to you. I have been taken out and dried by getting killed by higher lvl charaters.   

Even the korean pros and former champions were sayin that the game is unbalanced and certain matchups ar in favour of specific class. But thats nothing wrong in this imo, the game is better balanced than any mmo i played. Anyways, did you saw any game with a true balance? i played alot of games and not only mmos and there were always matchups in favour of someone and this could be Starcraft, league of legends, Tera online etc. even in Counter Strike depends from map the place where you start give you favour over enemies.

Archived