How to balance PVE without any NERF (Admin please read)

zub

Step 1

Buff up melee class damage (Attack Power) against Bosses and Elite Mobs. Melee class cannot run and gun like range therefore they lose dps trying to avoid AOEs.

Step 2

Bigger HP, defense or damage reduction for melees to survive against AOE that's way too fast for anybody to react to.

Step 3

No need to do anything to range class. They're fine as they are. Just follow the step above and make everyone happy.

Good day.

Let me straighten this out:

1. NO. They are a melee class not a burst class like forcemasters or summoners. Blade masters are not full DPS, they are hybrid tank/dsamage dealer same as KFM. They are good enough as it is, there is a reason they require more skill to play.

2. Again NO, the classes require skill to play, if you cant manage that then not even all the buffs in the world will help.

3. Nvm.

How to balance a class without any nerfs: buff all other classes. Makes sense.

As for the actual suggestion, I believe 1 and 2 can be substituted for "optimize the clients so melee classes get more than 2 fps and can react to stuff properly"

You do know what would give balance to the classes in soulstone plains? You really wanna know what justice would look like? 

Let terrors make an aoe attack circle which ONLY attacks like 8m away from him and doesn't attack melees. 

It's so simple yet very effective. 

19 minutes ago, Shiune said:

You do know what would give balance to the classes in soulstone plains? You really wanna know what justice would look like? 

Let terrors make an aoe attack circle which ONLY attacks like 8m away from him and doesn't attack melees. 

It's so simple yet very effective. 

This please. Might be to much effort tho, for the one month it would stay in the game until all the ranged players join the rant and rage about it like meeles do right now (and rangeds tell them to l2p^^)

3 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

This please. Might be to much effort tho, for the one month it would stay in the game until all the ranged players join the rant and rage about it like meeles do right now (and rangeds tell them to l2p^^)

I personally would have nothing against odd-shaped attack areas, but you should realize that for a ranged character controlling the distance to enemy is super-easy. Walk closer on the ranged circle, walk further on melee circle, all without stopping the dps.

In fact, when tanking bosses on FM, I usually stay almost point-blank to easier dodge the semi-circular/sector-shaped attacks and to keep boss from moving.

15 minutes ago, Elurra said:

I would rather they just tell terrors to calm the F down.  Give the aoes a little bit of a cast time so there is time to react.  

How can you calm down when you have freakin' "TERROR" right in your name?

"Oh yeah that's the Murdertrain Deathgrip Terror right there. He's chill tho."

do it even more simple and fair, less change in game... we NEED tank, but they aren't rewarded, so make a system that give prestige either shared to full party (so pure DPS will share their points with full tanks) or a system that reward the tanks stickings to the mobs, like counting every damage taken, parried, iframed, and give prestige for this.

I could try to tank the terrors if my game didn't stutter and freeze like it was on perennial life support. But since it does when more people are around, I don't bother with anything other than the 8 elites quest and the occasional meteor/injured soldier in SSP.

But just out of curiosity, how viable is a ranged class in SSP against terrors without a good tank? If a good tank is absolutely needed, then prestige based on damage seems unfair.

10 minutes ago, OniOfTheSword said:

I could try to tank the terrors if my game didn't stutter and freeze like it was on perennial life support. But since it does when more people are around, I don't bother with anything other than the 8 elites quest and the occasional meteor/injured soldier in SSP.

But just out of curiosity, how viable is a ranged class in SSP against terrors without a good tank? If a good tank is absolutely needed, then prestige based on damage seems unfair.

You're guaranteed the drop with 0% chance of dying as a ranged class in SSP. If you want to slam your massive genitals on the table and DPS til you take aggro then go for it, you know what will happen. Realistically though there aren't any real tanks at SSP. No one slots for taunt/aggro gen because Prestige is based on damage, so everyone goes full ham mode and whoever hits it the hardest gets to be the tank and all  they have to do to drop aggro is stop hitting it for 4 seconds and the next in line takes it.

Archived