terrible...cya!

Papijiang

I was looking for a new MMO to try out. Installed this game last and can't even get past the character selection screen without freezing and crashing. I played at least 5 other games on my computer and no issues at all. I don't care if another third party driver/app may be interfering with B&S, the developers of B&S are responsible to make this game run smoothly in all conditions.

off to playing Black Desert Online. You lost a paying customer and I hope your game fails like Lineage 2 is today.

Well if you want to play b&s on an old 468 then this wont work. Freezing and crashing at char selection sounds like your computer is too weak or has some other big issues other than being underpowered. And no "already played at least 5 other games" does not count. Tetris also runs smoothly on a C64.

I suggest you go and get either a better computer or check your system for faulty drivers or programs. And i higly doubt that you are a "paying" customer since this game can be played for free.

42 minutes ago, Papijiang said:

I was looking for a new MMO to try out. Installed this game last and can't even get past the character selection screen without freezing and crashing. I played at least 5 other games on my computer and no issues at all. I don't care if another third party driver/app may be interfering with B&S, the developers of B&S are responsible to make this game run smoothly in all conditions.

off to playing Black Desert Online. You lost a paying customer and I hope your game fails like Lineage 2 is today.

it's been failing from release. I'll list the fails I can think of off the top of my head

at release they purposely bottlenecked server limits to pretty much force ppl to buy premium to skip line. This was made worse by the fact that the server crashed every 3 hours, which was just short of the typical queue for non-premium. One can almost say NCSoft did it on purpose to further entice people to buy premium. 

bots have ran rampant since day 1. literally. on day 1 the chat was covered by bot spam. ncsoft "fixed" this for a couple of days then it resurged and has only gotten worse since and NCSoft flat out said they have no plan to fix it. 

game is one of the most grindy mmorpg I have ever played, with 0 skill involved for PVE, but rather it's just gear check for junghado and elitism prevending anyone that don't dump hundreds of hours into the game aka no endgame gear, from getting into endgame dungeon runs. if only the game play is interesting, the grind wouldn't be so bad, but the grind is the same as every other generic mmorpg, kill the same thing everyday, and it's brain dead easy after the first few runs once you learn the attack patterns. 

main attraction of the game pre-release was the combat and pvp. I have failed to see how either has lived up to the hype. not even close. I understand this is personal preference but I honestly can't see how the combat is better than other games. TERA is the only mmorpg that I have seen that has true completely free combat. BnS combat is still more or less target-lock based, as in u just have to hover ur cursor around the target and the skills will hit. there r some skills that are not auto locked like FM's 2 but that's the exception not the rule. 

The pvp is one of the worst I have seen. super unbalanced classes, where it's just FOTM class dominates, and the only thing that fan girls use to defend the game is "wait till xxx patch and it will be perfectly balanced". It's not even balanced in current KR patch, and KR is "balanced" around the fact that they allow the use of macros, both ingame and even in tournaments. yes, in tournaments the players are allowed to use their own keyboards which have their macros. bots are rampant in 1v1, bots AND afk's rampant in 3's. win trade is common in arena top ranking, which have happened on stream, and NCSoft still does nothing about it. 

Horrible optimization. unplayable for melee classes during mass fights. lags/stutters in dungeons. I have decent computer, running every other game at 60+ fps at all time on highest or near-highest settings, and yet, just magically, I get lag in BnS. must be my computer amirite fan girls with ur mysterious super ultra elite computers that never lag even as melee in SSP/BW. ur computer can probably construct a wormhole like in interstellar. 

NCSoft has done nothing to fix any of these problems that have plagued the game since day 1, and they pretty much never responds to any threads that time and time again point out these fatal issues, ignoring their customers' legitimate concerns, and only respond to autistic posts about the most random shit like they think they are cute or are "in touch with today's youth" with their memes and whatnot. Their streams further confirms that their staff do not give the slighest *cricket* about what the players want to be fixed/changed about the game, and just answer everything apathetically with "don't know" or flat out "no". 

25 minutes ago, Abonde said:

it's been failing from release. I'll list the fails I can think of off the top of my head

at release they purposely bottlenecked server limits to pretty much force ppl to buy premium to skip line. This was made worse by the fact that the server crashed every 3 hours, which was just short of the typical queue for non-premium. One can almost say NCSoft did it on purpose to further entice people to buy premium. 

bots have ran rampant since day 1. literally. on day 1 the chat was covered by bot spam. ncsoft "fixed" this for a couple of days then it resurged and has only gotten worse since and NCSoft flat out said they have no plan to fix it. 

game is one of the most grindy mmorpg I have ever played, with 0 skill involved for PVE, but rather it's just gear check for junghado and elitism prevending anyone that don't dump hundreds of hours into the game aka no endgame gear, from getting into endgame dungeon runs. if only the game play is interesting, the grind wouldn't be so bad, but the grind is the same as every other generic mmorpg, kill the same thing everyday, and it's brain dead easy after the first few runs once you learn the attack patterns. 

main attraction of the game pre-release was the combat and pvp. I have failed to see how either has lived up to the hype. not even close. I understand this is personal preference but I honestly can't see how the combat is better than other games. TERA is the only mmorpg that I have seen that has true completely free combat. BnS combat is still more or less target-lock based, as in u just have to hover ur cursor around the target and the skills will hit. there r some skills that are not auto locked like FM's 2 but that's the exception not the rule. 

The pvp is one of the worst I have seen. super unbalanced classes, where it's just FOTM class dominates, and the only thing that fan girls use to defend the game is "wait till xxx patch and it will be perfectly balanced". It's not even balanced in current KR patch, and KR is "balanced" around the fact that they allow the use of macros, both ingame and even in tournaments. yes, in tournaments the players are allowed to use their own keyboards which have their macros. bots are rampant in 1v1, bots AND afk's rampant in 3's. win trade is common in arena top ranking, which have happened on stream, and NCSoft still does nothing about it. 

Horrible optimization. unplayable for melee classes during mass fights. lags/stutters in dungeons. I have decent computer, running every other game at 60+ fps at all time on highest or near-highest settings, and yet, just magically, I get lag in BnS. must be my computer amirite fan girls with ur mysterious super ultra elite computers that never lag even as melee in SSP/BW. ur computer can probably construct a wormhole like in interstellar. 

NCSoft has done nothing to fix any of these problems that have plagued the game since day 1, and they pretty much never responds to any threads that time and time again point out these fatal issues, ignoring their customers' legitimate concerns, and only respond to autistic posts about the most random shit like they think they are cute or are "in touch with today's youth" with their memes and whatnot. Their streams further confirms that their staff do not give the slighest *cricket* about what the players want to be fixed/changed about the game, and just answer everything apathetically with "don't know" or flat out "no". 

This is actually the best review of the game i have ever read/saw on the internet since the game released. Its so on point that i find myself not wanting to add 1

single thing to it. And yet even though i feel exactly like this, why do i keep playing it? Addiction? Lack of anything else to do? Gold help us all

1 hour ago, Papijiang said:

Thank you for sharing this interesting life story.

Hope your PC can handle BDO. Have a great day.

1 minute ago, odiasuda said:

You're not gonna miss much.  Game has a ton of issues and a toxic community (as evidenced by most of the responses to your post.) 

Yep. If you make a post asking for legit help/advice, you get like 2-3 replies. You make a post saying like sin is op, and u get 50 replies saying git gud with no one actually showing any evidence that proves otherwise. Or if you make a post about leaving or something unfortunate that happened to u, u get 10 pages of ppl talking shit (very unoriginally insults like dont let the door hit u har har hilarious) or laughing at u.

this game makes LoL community look like mother teresa

I understand wanting to quit a game you dislike, or have problems with. I don't understand wanting to quit a game you dislike, or have problems with and then telling the entire world that you're quitting. I've seen more relevant posts on facebook than this, and that's saying something.

17 minutes ago, GreenBunionSoup said:

I understand wanting to quit a game you dislike, or have problems with. I don't understand wanting to quit a game you dislike, or have problems with and then telling the entire world that you're quitting. I've seen more relevant posts on facebook than this, and that's saying something.

Well, to be honest, this is a forum intended for feedback about the game.  I don't see a problem with threads like these as long as some feedback about why said person is leaving is provided.  You never know if NCSoft might actually look at some of them and say "Maybe there's a pattern here about why so many people are leaving."

2 minutes ago, Bezerko said:

Well, to be honest, this is a forum intended for feedback about the game.  I don't see a problem with threads like these as long as some feedback about why said person is leaving is provided.  You never know if NCSoft might actually look at some of them and say "Maybe there's a pattern here about why so many people are leaving."

Yes, I do agree, but this isn't feedback. This is just passive aggressively complaining. If he wanted to actually give constructive criticism he'd actually give us more details. All he said was he crashed without telling us his situation, didn't even ask for help. 

2 hours ago, Jem said:

Sounds like your comp isn't compatible for bns. But it's k. You'd probably wont like it with an attitude like that.

If the OP is playing Black Desert Online then it should run this without issue. In fact my laptop won't play BDO but it will run this program.

5 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

If the OP is playing Black Desert Online then it should run this without issue. In fact my laptop won't play BDO but it will run this program.

He didn't say he's playing it, he just said he's off to it. With those specs he might crash while downloading it though, who knows.

I think he just jumped the bandwagon of "I've seen a bot so goodbye bns I'm gonna play bdo"-threads.

All those smartass people saying no one misses you on every thread where a user leaves - Just keep in mind that for every person who makes a thread about leaving, there are 9 more leaving the game in silence and you don't get to know that.

I agree that this thread is a bit exaggerated, but I have seen these type of people in every "leaving game" thread.

I started playing BnS on 23rd January. Up until this very minute, I have played at least 2 hours every single day, sometimes 10-12 hours a day. And yes, server population has reduced drastically in these 2 months. If you people do not realize or can not observe this, I am not sure what to say.

One month ago, I had no problem doing NSH and E.Fleet. 2 days ago, I went there at the peak hours and they were ghost-towns.

Some may say that it's because people are now playing the new content. That may be true for people who are already level 49-50.

But this also means that BnS is failing to attract enough new players which is absolutely needed for the survivability , because old players will eventually burn themselves out and either leave or take a long break.

The only people who will keep playing are the ones that have spent a lot of money and even some of them would leave because the game is already turning into a job with all these upgrade requirements and the lack of faction balance and class balance to obtain them(Soulstones, Moonstones).

3 hours ago, Papijiang said:

As an actual response, it sounds like you are one of many who are collateral damage of GameGuard. Bad timing for you, they just re-enabled it on the 4th. But yeah, if you have anything incompatible running (certain antivirus/firewall, AMD Raptr, etc etc) you can't get past character select without crashing unless you disable the program that's conflicting with GG. For stuff like Raptr it's not a big deal, but for security programs........ not advisable to disable them for a game D;

Hopefully your post does actually go noticed by NCSoft, up until this recent GG update I was in the same boat and it's frustrating so I don't blame you for being annoyed. The game is pretty rad though, hopefully they'll drop the terribad anti-cheat and you can give it another shot sometime if you feel so inclined :)

I dare to say that you wouldnt last a day anyway lol. You are childish and make a rage post about being unable to play the game after 5 minutes. Sure, it should work. For 99% of the players it does. If it does not for you, then you should write a ticket to the support. You did not. You did nothing to try and resolve this problem lol. If you had some clue about how complex software is, you'd know how stupid your comment was. 

Well we wont miss you.. we wouldnt even have notices you since you would have rage quitted for many, many other reasons - mainly thinking about late game, but not sure if you'd even made it so far xD

4 hours ago, Jem said:

Sounds like your comp isn't compatible for bns. But it's k. You'd probably wont like it with an attitude like that.

Amount of white knights blaming people for bad performance.
Stop lol,everyone knows this game is one of the worst optimized,look at recommended settings
" Phenom II X4 805  ,   Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz "  
 i doubt anyone uses something below that.

5 minutes ago, HailNKill said:

Amount of white knights blaming people for bad performance.
Stop lol,everyone knows this game is one of the worst optimized,look at recommended settings
" Phenom II X4 805  ,   Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz "  
 i doubt anyone uses something below that.

If you're crashing and freezing on login screen when 99.999% people don't, chances are you're doing something terribly wrong or are using a ZX Spectrum to connect.

1 hour ago, NN13 said:

All those smartass people saying no one misses you on every thread where a user leaves - Just keep in mind that for every person who makes a thread about leaving, there are 9 more leaving the game in silence and you don't get to know that.

I agree that this thread is a bit exaggerated, but I have seen these type of people in every "leaving game" thread.

I started playing BnS on 23rd January. Up until this very minute, I have played at least 2 hours every single day, sometimes 10-12 hours a day. And yes, server population has reduced drastically in these 2 months. If you people do not realize or can not observe this, I am not sure what to say.

One month ago, I had no problem doing NSH and E.Fleet. 2 days ago, I went there at the peak hours and they were ghost-towns.

Some may say that it's because people are now playing the new content. That may be true for people who are already level 49-50.

But this also means that BnS is failing to attract enough new players which is absolutely needed for the survivability , because old players will eventually burn themselves out and either leave or take a long break.

The only people who will keep playing are the ones that have spent a lot of money and even some of them would leave because the game is already turning into a job with all these upgrade requirements and the lack of faction balance and class balance to obtain them(Soulstones, Moonstones).

that is true some towns are like ghost towns, sure this kids wont cry if the game dies (hope not lmfao) so kids dont forget to pray okay? /gg

Archived