Sign in to follow this  
Neoice

Night Luna and Lyn

Neoice   

So uh, why exactly did NCSOFT decide to include a singular costume that added breast physicals to the child-like animal race? It should be all or nothing, and I'm on the side of nothing. This feels like it's opening the flood gates for some bad decisions on the road ahead for future costumes.

Tyranei   

I disagree.  Its one of the reasons I wanted the costume to begin with.  Makes my character look less childish.

KSett   

The pretty much second lyn ever enountered in the game is an old man pretty much. They aren't children, just not human

EDIT:  ..oh wow! ! ! a push notification :D  Such a cool forum gimmick. I wish all forums did this... 

Edited by KSett
heh awesome

Tyranei   
2 minutes ago, KSett said:

The pretty much second lyn ever enountered in the game is an old man pretty much. They aren't children, just not human

Pretty much this (intentional).

If you think Night Luna is bad, you should see Pure White on Lyn.

XO   

Its not a singular costume, there's a couple of costumes that show a chest in females. Also in the other BnS versions Lyns can actually have a chest. Which would be a nice option for those of us who liked the Lyns for other reasons none of which were child-like related.

Jins can also be childlike (tons of npc kids are jins) and yet no one complains about them having a chest lol. So annoying.

Edited by XO

Negaimu   
9 minutes ago, Neoice said:

So uh, why exactly did NCSOFT decide to include a singular costume that added breast physicals to the child-like animal race? It should be all or nothing, and I'm on the side of nothing. This feels like it's opening the flood gates for some bad decisions on the road ahead for future costumes.

Lyns are not a childlike race... just because so many people make loli's out of them doesnt mean the race is default childlike. there are plenty of old / mature looking lyn chars both male & female.

short doesnt equal childlike lol.

Just now, XO said:

Which would be a nice option for those of us who liked the Lyns for other reasons none of which were child-like related.

Yah, I went out of my way to make a Lyn that was not childlike as possible. I think the Night Luna is a good outfit for people with similar views. 

-Kompressor:

bk8ZJ1b.jpg

Honestly they are trying to sexualize a very non-sexual species which i don't really care i will just avoid costumes that add boobs to my summoner. That said options are always good, i'm not against the costume adding boobs, but i personally don't want my lyn to have breasts because...they arent human. They aren't mean to be human... and from everything i've saw so far females don't have boobs, its a really weird design change... 

But as i said, more choice is always good as long as its not force. 

Syanonn   

What is this "I don't like it so no one should have it" SJW mentality.

If you don't like Night Luna, don't use it.

Some people love this outfit so let they have at it.

I don't even have a Lyn character, but people should free to choose how they want to dress up their character.

Telethia   

I feel like lyns weren't meant to have boobs.

and not for any reason like people are saying so far

but like, the male lyn don't have nipples, when the other two males do, so there's like

every indicator that lyns don't have ANY breast glands at all, because they aren't mammals? (because even male animals have the breast tissue and fat)

They probably have kids out of eggs. Like birds...or lizards.

Dowra   

Ive said from the start, I dont think Breasts are needed for Lyns. They can look older without that feature. 

But I roll my eyes at the pedo comments people run to. My male Lyns I  think of them as children, and make them look like kids. My female Lyn, I went for a motherly older look.  Not all Lyns are children.  And just because we as humans decided to sexualize breasts  to the point we have to cover them up, or be considered indecent, adding breasts doesnt automatically mean youre trying to look sexy.

That being said, Im so glad we dont have Tara lolis running around. Those were cringe to look at.

Edited by Dowra

Mhh... There are some bikinis out there which will give female Lyns a decent A-cup. Looks good. Am I pedo now? xd (Jesus, that discussion already was ridiculous in TERA...)

Negaimu   
44 minutes ago, Dowra said:

Ive said from the start, I dont think Breasts are needed for Lyns. They can look older without that feature. 

But I roll my eye at the pedo comments people run to. My male Lyns I  think of them as children, and make them look like kids. My female Lyn, I went for a motherly older look.  Not all Lyns are children.  And just because we as humans decided to sexualize breasts  to the point we have to cover them up, or be considered indecent, adding breasts doesnt automatically mean youre trying to look sexy.

That being said, Im so glad we dont have Tara lolis runny around. Those were cringe to look at.

Man it is so rare to see logical posts on this board * claps *

Mishi   

Sorry but I like the Night Luna outfit. (I even like it more so than the bikini's Lyns get which give a chest to females, as I like the outfit itself.)

I am a player who choose Lyn, for reasons outside of how many view them as "childish"

They can have better proportions than most races as far as females go. The only thing they lack for proper proportion is the chest. (In which I wish Lyn females could have an a/b cup size permanently, without relying on costumes to do so. 

In addition, I loved the ears and tails which Lyn's were able to get. 

I do not think all Lyn's are "childish" or "childlike", as that is based off of personal opinion, as well as options a player chooses to have for their Lyn. (As you can also make them very old, yet few (if any do that) and add age lines, ect..)

I have seen Jin's shorter than my Lyn is, so to say the Lyn is a "child" while no other races are "children" yet have another race which can be shorter than some Lyn's is a bit hypocritical. (I don't believe the ears and tails make them "children" either as some outfits on other classes can give ears/tails.)

Yes some who play a Lyn have theirs look like children, as do some who play Jin's. 

Some play Lyn's which look older, same as Jin's. 

Now I can understand not having a D cup on a Lyn, mainly because the race would topple over itself while trying to stand. However a decent A/B cup size is completely proportionate, and would allow for some players to make their Lyn's look older. The main reason as to why so many Lyn's look young is that there isn't many options to add "age" without adding wrinkles to the Lyn's face. (The main ways we have now are widening the hips, chest, thinning the stomach, and lengthening the  torso, legs, feet, thighs.)

naii   

Child-like race or not, it's weird that there's a few outfits that give female Lyn breasts since I'm pretty sure Lyn are a race that don't even have breasts?

Basically, it's like how in cartoon shows with animal characters, the female animal will be given human like breasts...even though in reality most female and male animal bodies look similar. That's why it seems kindda ridiculous for female Lyn to have outfits that give them breasts.

fruitie   

Personally I'm of the opinion of the who cares mentality. I guess if they wanted it as an option, it only makes sense for those that want it to have it without the need of a costume. Yet I do find it odd that in general that breast size can change depending on the costume.

Edited by fruitie

Mishi   

I think them not adding it as a standard is just lack of Dev's putting the time into redoing the base models for Lyn in general for most outfits. (Since most outfits on female Lyn's, they use the male chest model.)

Pulmi   

I am an adult girly lyn and I don't like being flat-chested! Π_Π

So yay for night luna