Forums

How to beat assassin as kfm?

Abonde

3 hours ago, Sixie said:

lol normally us Sins would be complaining about KFM xD

idk most kfm just stunlock ones and kill it from there, but yeah u have to catch it first :)

this is like saying ye you can win versus a machine gun, when you have to charge towards it on an open field from 100 yards away. you can win, you JUST have to reach there and beat the gunner to death. 

it's possible, but pretty fking bad odds

Kfm so strong kit cant believe u ask but maybe ur new.

Ok 1st dont use normal block vs sin use elbow block cause sin can abuse ur normal block

Example sin tab to proc kfms block then 2 decoy free stealth.

So vs sin with normal block is like no block.

As a sin vs kfm i go with 3 stuns 1stun prolong my 1 into daze n try to burn ur tab fast so have this in mind n not tab in sins 1st stun.

Stick close to sin push him use decoy n then kick him in the face short of speech

Ps

Be warry when u dont have ur tab up to not stun sin if he has his tab cause its free 50% hp combo or so

27 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

Kfm so strong kit cant believe u ask but maybe ur new.

Ok 1st dont use normal block vs sin use elbow block cause sin can abuse ur normal block

Example sin tab to proc kfms block then 2 decoy free stealth.

So vs sin with normal block is like no block.

As a sin vs kfm i go with 3 stuns 1stun prolong my 1 into daze n try to burn ur tab fast so have this in mind n not tab in sins 1st stun.

Stick close to sin push him use decoy n then kick him in the face short of speech

Ps

Be warry when u dont have ur tab up to not stun sin if he has his tab cause its free 50% hp combo or so

You do know that sin is a KFMs absolute hardest matchup right? You dont have to be new to ask how to beat them because from a KFM PoV its hell.

As for you OP

You need to try and anticipate their Shadow step and their Bolt Strike and counter while turning 180, if you do it right you'll de-stealth them doing Bolt Strike and for both abilities you can follow up with Iron Shoulder. You also need to either Backstep or Counter their Turning Leaf (Body Swap) or they'll get you in a half combo at least, possibly forcing your tab.

Also placing Leading Palm>Searing Palm after a knockup makes them unable to stealth due to Searing Palm knocking them out of stealth. Just make sure to time your Leading Palm so that you hit it when they land on the ground before they can use their counter, its a pretty long ability activation so you have to start "channeling" it when they are still in the air. Searing Palm however ignores ground counter.

When they ground counter you can Q/E and then LMB them, they will momentarily get into stealth only to get knocked out the same second.

Besides that its all about knowing when to TAB escape and forcing them to be out of stealth as much as possible.. But overall the matchup heavily favors the assassin

8 hours ago, Thalothean said:

You do know that sin is a KFMs absolute hardest matchup right? You dont have to be new to ask how to beat them because from a KFM PoV its hell.

As for you OP

You need to try and anticipate their Shadow step and their Bolt Strike and counter while turning 180, if you do it right you'll de-stealth them doing Bolt Strike and for both abilities you can follow up with Iron Shoulder. You also need to either Backstep or Counter their Turning Leaf (Body Swap) or they'll get you in a half combo at least, possibly forcing your tab.

Also placing Leading Palm>Searing Palm after a knockup makes them unable to stealth due to Searing Palm knocking them out of stealth. Just make sure to time your Leading Palm so that you hit it when they land on the ground before they can use their counter, its a pretty long ability activation so you have to start "channeling" it when they are still in the air. Searing Palm however ignores ground counter.

When they ground counter you can Q/E and then LMB them, they will momentarily get into stealth only to get knocked out the same second.

Besides that its all about knowing when to TAB escape and forcing them to be out of stealth as much as possible.. But overall the matchup heavily favors the assassin

Legit the only useful reply... Kinda sad. Well, I also recommend to I-frame their escape (the flashbang). Maybe Tiger Strike for AoE and unstealthing them with luck. Your own trinket is the worst enemy of a Sin. If you get a daze off with your own trinket and then resist the flashbang, the Sin is in big trouble and you can potentially 100-0 him in the next 36 secs. Ice Guard to unstealth them is great.

Oh and HUG WALLS FOR LIFE lol.

-Ra9eQuit

Hi OP,

As a 1850+ Kfm i know how it feels. But after a lot of practice i barely lose to them(or all the good sins are plat).

Start at the match run to them and spam C. If you get them first airbound and knock him down. They most likely backflip so hit them with blazing fist and airbounce him again. Here you have a big advantage start of the match. If they use invis before you can use C then run to them and hit them with ice shield. After hit, They will or block (you counter him) or backflip (you use blazing fist).

Step 2, If you get hit by a Dart, wait 1 second and turn 180 degree and block. THis works 90% of the time. Most of them panic and use tab( You use Q/E). If u fail and get caught,Just bait them and time your tab(with daze) and waula 3rf his ass.

Step 3. If their block fails and they run, they most likely use furry or the swab thing. So after they run spam block. Their tab(swapskill) will fail and u can use avenging fist with the uppercut as a follow up. If they furry press Q, wait for the 4/5th attack and press E. Here you have a freestun.

Its all about practice. If you can predict sins, they are easer then warlocks.

Oh forgot one thing, If they use Fighting spirit, dont even try to block. Use your tiger thing which changes your second (nr 2) skill in to aoe. Be aware, it consumes alot of focus. I personaly dont do this. I just wait and use Z or V

About the elbow block thing you´re wrong. Both blocks send a projectile and both projectiles can be woodblocked. Other classes can abuse this too with parry or whatever. The only advantage elbow counter has is that it is not considered a defensive ability, witch means you will still be able to block with moths on you. However normal block gives you 2 seconds of cc immunity when you block something successfully so we cannot stun you instantly after we decoy the projectile. So normal block is actually better in that aspect + you can dodge moths. I´m not sure both blocks have their merit, but i would probably initially gravitate towards normal block, but i´ve never played kfm yet.

Strongly disagree with using elbow strike instead of counter.  Main reason - can't use it while the assassin is in stealth ( and that's the main time you want to use counter vs a sin ).

OP here are some tips to help you stand a fighting chance:

1. Take Ice Guard.

There are many ways to use Ice Guard vs an Assassin.  For starters, it knocks them out of stealth.  You can totally change the pace of the fight.  Many assassins like to charge at you, jump, and pop into stealth at the beginning of the fight.  I love to Ice Guard right after they do that.  They will often SS to remove the root, putting them against the wall, chase with C, they will F, then use comet strike daze and make sure you land X (searing blow).

2. X should be specc'd for CC, not PvE damage

After you hit them with X, they will probably flashbomb escape because at this point you've put them in a precarious position.  If they don't, use Z and continue to 3RF them.  They will eventually escape because you're stun-locking them at this point.  If they do escape, X will knock them down while they're in stealth, and knock them out of stealth.

3. 180 degree Counter.  You want normal counter.  I prefer the far right tree because it gives you immunity to the next attack / CC for a short time after successfully countering.  The trick here is when the assassin is in stealth, they will try to Shiruken you.  If you counter it, you can avoid being stunned from their stealth leap-to-the-back attack.  If you don't counter it, then you need to start doing 180 counters.  This is Jump, Turn 180 in the air, Hit Counter before you land.  What this does is causes their leap-to-the-back stun to be countered, and you will often (50% of the time) knock them out of stealth.

Decide if you have a blue buff assassin or a Lotus escape.  For blue buff, try to draw tab and stun lock.  For Lotus escape, you'll want to try to wear them out and use your meteor slam with air combos to draw the fight out.  The more often you can delay them the better because they will escape stun lock much easier.

Never charge an assassin!!!  They will wood block counter you (putting them into stealth).  Unless you're using flying slam or flurry (C), you want to watch for their counter to end before charging them.

Im playing both classes and i can pretty much say that im struggling when im playing against an Assasin.Even knowing everything about how an assasin works his combos etc its pretty tough as a KFM.The next Hongmoon Secret Technique - Rising Dragon though will make lifes much easier :)

Archived