Ideal for Casual players?

I think there are other MMO games that cater to casuals more IMHO.  Tera had seasonal events sometimes...at least in the past they did...I hope they do that in this game as well.  Grinding dailies and cash shop costumes are the only thing for casuals right now.  The main story is not bad even though the English voice acting is hit and miss.  It does seem less populated in-game recently.

no such thing as casual-friendly MMORPG. They are all either play it like a job or swipe. People say it's not p2w, I disagree. When you can't even progress in a game without dumping hundreds of hours into it, and you would have to swipe, it's p2w. you say it's not p2w for pve, well good luck fighting people in arena who can afford skill books and literally have big advantage over you. For pve if u want to farm endgame dungeon to get more gold for ur time, u need the endgame gear to get into any parties, which good luck getting anytime soon as a casual player. 

If you say you can make xx gold/hr, please tell me how to do it with profane. If you say well this assumes u have pirate, well guess what, it takes literally >>>> 100 hours to get true pirate 10. I'm talking about hundreds of hours. If you disagree, please tell me how to start from 0 gold/lvl 1, and get to true pirate 10 in under 100 hours. The people who have true breeze... they must have hyperbolic time chamber or they swipey swipe swipe

this has nothing to do with being skilled at the game, since the game requires none. learn the boss attack pattern, and after that it's literally a grind. brain dead easy grind that just depends on how many hours you can waste away.

5 hours ago, Spiritwarrior said:

Is this game ideal for casual players? I rarely take part in PvP because of the surge of pro gamer turnout and PvP tourneys.

Just wish NCsoft would have event quests in the game more often though. Other then that, I'm enjoying BnS so far.

BNS mostly has pro PVE gamers. PVP is far more casual then PVE. And it's not a joke.

I'm confused. Define "casual".

"Casual" as in you want to get everything fast and wish to be elite but only have a few hours a day to spend?
Or "casual" as in you just go at your own pace and take your time with gears, but want to be able to have a variety of things to do?

5 hours ago, Spiritwarrior said:

Is this game ideal for casual players? I rarely take part in PvP because of the surge of pro gamer turnout and PvP tourneys.

Just wish NCsoft would have event quests in the game more often though. Other then that, I'm enjoying BnS so far.

I got one thing to tell you: 

(Also faction pvp in a nutshell)

PvP is horrible for casuals. I am a hardcore gamer (sounds retarded), and honestly the amount of time I spent on this game to get even remotely good (Platinum rank, almost Diamond) at PvP is stunning. If you want to play it for PvP, dont even try. PvE is kinda ok regarding casual gaming.

-Ra9eQuit

In terms of pve, I'd say it's pretty casual friendly until level 45.  Once you reach 45 and start trying to upgrade your gear with moonwater transformation stones, that's when the grind really kicks in.  After that point, the game becomes less casual friendly and more grindy.

No comments on pvp as I never really did pvp when I played this game.

4 hours ago, Ra9eQuit said:

PvP is horrible for casuals. I am a hardcore gamer (sounds retarded), and honestly the amount of time I spent on this game to get even remotely good (Platinum rank, almost Diamond) at PvP is stunning. If you want to play it for PvP, dont even try. PvE is kinda ok regarding casual gaming.

-Ra9eQuit

Finally a good answer. I'll need to get the understanding of PvP in this game a little bit, but I find getting the moonstones and other stuff to upgrade gears more challenging as I move along.

Archived