Forums

Decoy Stage 3 Form 2

Quidam

Was just working on this last night lol. So here's how it works.

When you use Decoy, every party member within 50m of you recieves a buff for 1.5 seconds. If they're attacked during that time, they resist and get Stealth. You're basically using Counter for them and yourself at the same time. HOWEVER, regardless if it works or not all your party members will recieve a debuff that prevents them from getting Stealth again for 30 seconds. They will still Resist, I believe, however. That's all I was able to figure out.

6 hours ago, Dreegan said:

When you use Decoy, every party member within 50m of you recieves a buff for 1.5 seconds. If they're attacked during that time, they resist and get Stealth. You're basically using Counter for them and yourself at the same time. HOWEVER, regardless if it works or not all your party members will recieve a debuff that prevents them from getting Stealth again for 30 seconds. They will still Resist, I believe, however. That's all I was able to figure out.

Does that include red aoes, on both yourself and your party? I notice that I'm not getting any healing buff from procing Decoy Stage 2.

5 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

Does that include red aoes, on both yourself and your party? I notice that I'm not getting any healing buff from procing Decoy Stage 2.

I'm not entirely sure, to be honest, Shadow. My testing yesterday with my gf was very sketchy to say the least. But, your party members can only be affected by it every 30 seconds. But based on the skill description they only recieve the heal if they enter stealth. 5% over 10 Seconds can be pretty negligible. But since the only thing that can "block" red moves is pure Damage Resist abilities (Of which, this isn't one), I would assume not. I'll try to test it next time we can, but I can almost assure you it will fail. In general, I find the ability useless, unless you have a few party members who have their iFrames on CD (For example... a Destroyer, since they barely have any at all except for a well timed specced Tab).

On 4/6/2016 at 9:08 PM, Dreegan said:

I'm not entirely sure, to be honest, Shadow. My testing yesterday with my gf was very sketchy to say the least. But, your party members can only be affected by it every 30 seconds. But based on the skill description they only recieve the heal if they enter stealth. 5% over 10 Seconds can be pretty negligible. But since the only thing that can "block" red moves is pure Damage Resist abilities (Of which, this isn't one), I would assume not. I'll try to test it next time we can, but I can almost assure you it will fail. In general, I find the ability useless, unless you have a few party members who have their iFrames on CD (For example... a Destroyer, since they barely have any at all except for a well timed specced Tab).

So, all in all its an inferior Party Dandelion?

7 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

As far as I know in theory. But I still haven't had the chance to test it properly. I will try to get around to it tonight if I remember and get back to you ASAP.

On 4/8/2016 at 5:34 PM, Shadovvv said:

Tested and confirmed. Against Red attacks Decoy is absolutely useless. It's really only good if your main tank misses his block on a regular attack. Even the heal isn't that good, because of the pure fact that unless everyone walks infront of a conal attack from a boss, only the person who resists will get the heal. So maybe good for Terror type AoEs to save everyone an i-Frame, but it's on a 30 second CD for everyone but you. Take that as you will, I suppose. It would take an enormous amount of coordination and stuttering people's abilities to get any use out of it at all. Complete garbage 100%

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. Sorry for digging this topic up. But I have been using the form 2 decoy for awhile now, and I must say it's a god skill if you know how to use it probably. The tricky part about party decoy is that you have to time it well to iframe yourself from the aoe since you don't get the benefit from the skill (it's like we have to sacrifice ourselves), and YES, it works on red aoe (almost anything, but save it for the wipe one). 

let's take Yeti as an example. When your whole party gets iced and you are the only one on the field, when the countdown for iframe skill is running, hit 2 (decoy form 2) when the timer is running down THEN iframe yourself right away (q,e,ss,x,c...). The moment you hit 2, the whole party will receive the buff, so the only thing you need to worry is to save yourself. I saved so many pt wipe and I feel really good (although my pt didn't even know about it). I used it in Yeti, Scorpio, Clown bomb. Haven't tried Asura, but I'm certain it will work for his aoe after sword phase as well

7 hours ago, TMPDai said:

Hey guys. Sorry for digging this topic up. But I have been using the form 2 decoy for awhile now, and I must say it's a god skill if you know how to use it probably. The tricky part about party decoy is that you have to time it well to iframe yourself from the aoe since you don't get the benefit from the skill (it's like we have to sacrifice ourselves), and YES, it works on red aoe (almost anything, but save it for the wipe one). 

let's take Yeti as an example. When your whole party gets iced and you are the only one on the field, when the countdown for iframe skill is running, hit 2 (decoy form 2) when the timer is running down THEN iframe yourself right away (q,e,ss,x,c...). The moment you hit 2, the whole party will receive the buff, so the only thing you need to worry is to save yourself. I saved so many pt wipe and I feel really good (although my pt didn't even know about it). I used it in Yeti, Scorpio, Clown bomb. Haven't tried Asura, but I'm certain it will work for his aoe after sword phase as well

Yeah, after working around with Decoy the value of this effect can't be undermined. It's really hard to understand what it does at first since the explanation is confusing as hell and wrong (in-game: "Stealth Protection 1.5 sec. Party Member, Resists damage and status effects for one time during stealth"; BnSTree: "Gives Stealth Protection to nearby party members for 1.5 sec, User and party members are resistant to damage, status effects for 1 attack while stealthed"), plus it doesn't protect the user unlike other party iframes.

In future dungeons this skill actually becomes mandatory to clear boss mechanics that are based solely on sight (i.e. the boss's attacks won't hit you if you're invisible); all other party iframes do nothing.

Yeah, once you know what it does it can really be useful. Especially with HM skill, you can protect your party from 2 aoe.

The only thing I really dislike is that you have no real control of when you use the ability. It shares a cd with summoners party shroud and your stealth smoke and you can mess up your whole party if you happen to need decoy to save yourself. I think we should need to double tap 2 to activate it, it would make more sense especially since we don't benefit at all from that skill.

It's kinda weird that you spend your whole time leveling up learning to use decoy on reflex but then you need to avoid using it. Also, it doesn't seem to me that other classes have the same problem with their party utility.

What do you think? 

1 hour ago, Quidam said:

The only thing I really dislike is that you have no real control of when you use the ability. It shares a cd with summoners party shroud and your stealth smoke and you can mess up your whole party if you happen to need decoy to save yourself. I think we should need to double tap 2 to activate it, it would make more sense especially since we don't benefit at all from that skill.

It's kinda weird that you spend your whole time leveling up learning to use decoy on reflex but then you need to avoid using it. Also, it doesn't seem to me that other classes have the same problem with their party utility.

Yes, this whole part bothers me. I don't want to accidentally proc the Stealth Protection when I'm forced to use Counter or Swiftstep. They should have made this part a separate skill like other classes.

I actually don't mind it being on the same button as the Decoy. The reason I say this is because during a boss fight its rare for me to even use Decoy when dodging since i use ss, E, Q, C, x. 

If you run with a summoner then let them use their support and change your skill since it's more their job to protect the party imo. 

6 hours ago, devildawg said:

I actually don't mind it being on the same button as the Decoy. The reason I say this is because during a boss fight its rare for me to even use Decoy when dodging since i use ss, E, Q, C, x. 

If you run with a summoner then let them use their support and change your skill since it's more their job to protect the party imo. 

I agree. Plus sin has countless ways to get in stealth, and I still use stealth dps, so I'm not worried too much about it. However, I don't trust summoner at all, especially in pug since they are usually the first one to die, and I saved them so many time with the decoy

When you're holding aggro all the time in Dark build, Decoy's one of our fastest "get out of the way" cards, with a low cooldown to boot when E, C, and X have really long cooldowns (also X conflicts with Decoy Stealth Protection).

Also I can't exactly say I trust summoners either, or anyone else for that matter, especially when the cat is commanded to kill all melees on Asura via fire sword, show impatience, and act discriminatory and show no respect for anyone, particularly Assassins. I mean, given NA's community mentality it's pretty hard to put my faith into anyone, but I can't exactly leave them to die either when they're needed to burn down bosses.

If it wans't for the fact that you can't control really when you use it, the ablity would be really good. With only one point, Summoners have MUCH MORE utility in this ability than assassin have. It's the same thing but they have a heal on this and the party is protected from cc while stealthed. Assassin can put more point in it though and you can get a third i-frame after the stealth (from what I understand). But you can't chose when to use it, so... 

Sure, in boss fight with a tank you don't need it to block ability since you don't hold agro, but even then decoy is the fastest way to get swiftstep or lightning stride in a rotation. And if you don't have a tank, well too bad you are down one ability for the fight.

We can argue that we can manage to deal with this, we sure do at the momebt, but why would it work that way? I can't even know what the cooldown on the debuff is for my teammate. And while does it share the cooldown of smoke screen stealth? A 90sec ability? Would it be game breaking? At the moment, the only time I realise it works that way is when a summoner use his enhanced shroud and take off my smokescreen stealth. 

I love the assassin, the way you play it. Sure I don't expect to have as much utility as some other classes, but all the mechanics revolves around the same concept. You want FM protection and summoner utility. And it's not just about assassin, other class too have it weird. You die in a boss fight? You can either have destroyer protect you with a 45s cd ability that probably won't work if you are too close to the boss or have a summoner use petal storm aoe somewhere close to you on a 24 cd. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/5/2016 at 10:54 AM, Quidam said:

Gives Stealth Protection to nearby party members

I tried to figure out what it does, but I've no idea. Anyone can help me?

On 4/5/2016 at 2:37 PM, Dreegan said:

So basically you can think of your party Decoy as something like Hongmoon Block for BM/BD or Dandelion from Summoner. What it does is it provides protection from all damage to all party members for that 1.5 seconds (the same duration that you're casting decoy). It will protect them from all red AoE or any damage and cause them to enter stealth, BUT it will only work as normal decoy for you. The party member resists go on a 30 second cooldown (on their debuff bar, not yours). The reason for this is so that you don't lack a necessary dodge skill going on a 30 second cooldown (so instead it's only normal decoy for you with normal CD). Depending on how many points you put into the skill, they may or may not resist an hit in stealth and after exiting stealth. 

This is a very useful party utility since it's an instant cast and doesn't need a long animation before going off. Be careful when using this to save your party if your SS, Q, and E are down because you cannot cast C to cancel the decoy animation. I can't tell you how many times I've saved the party in Yeti because we didn't have a dedicated FM to sheath or the FM messed up, etc. 

NOTE: This shares a cooldown with the Summoner Dandelion party saver (for some reason...?) so be wary of using a decoy for yourself when there is a summoner in the party and vice versa.. be wary of summoner's using their dandelion and blowing your party saver. 

I think this ability has A LOT of potential, they can make decoy change ability icons to become "party decoy" every 30 seconds, give you and your party the buff, and then go on a six second cooldown and come back up with normal decoy for yourself until party decoy is back up. Please NCSoft -- make this happen :(

On 6/21/2016 at 5:54 AM, Nabzy said:

I think this ability has A LOT of potential, they can make decoy change ability icons to become "party decoy" every 30 seconds, give you and your party the buff, and then go on a six second cooldown and come back up with normal decoy for yourself until party decoy is back up. Please NCSoft -- make this happen :(

XlZO41V.jpg

They changed it to behave exactly like Summoner Enhanced Seed Shroud instead of procing on normal Decoy cast in KR.

Archived