Tip for better immersion in the storyline (contains some spoilers)

Shuchin

Absolutely madly in love with the Silverfrost storyline at the moment (^.^)<3 ,
 not getting anywhere in Zaiwei because I cannot stop screenshotting @_@,
but that's beside the point -
 I wanted to share a discovery I had that greatly helped improve my immersion in the storyline!

When I participated in the great Zaiwei tournament, I defeated all my opponents with the ease of absolute superiority. This fitted the storyline, but I felt it took some of the excitement out of the story.

So now I decided to re-gear for the campaign: I use a good looking lvl 36 weapon (Glacier, to be exact), exchange the hongmoon necklace and ring, which mainly boost damage, for defensive accessories - and I was ready to go!

Tried this out now in the House of Pleasures and then in the Garden where you have to stop the dark ritual, and it was an amazing experience!

In the House of Pleasures, I had a near constant mass brawl through four of the rooms, more and more bouncers, spies and maddened tournament losers going at me while screaming courtesans hurried to safety! XD

Even the final fight against the head spy took a good deal of time, making me savour the experience.

It was a good decision to keep my high grade defensive gear on - this way I could make mistakes, even take screenshots and pay attention to what opponents are shouting while I fight.

The dark ritual was even more gripping, with waves upon waves of enemies storming in on me and us hard pressed to keep them away from Madun. I had a real feeling of failure when I could not save the Eight Masters from being frozen, until when at the 3rd of them I realized that always happened when I had defeated the minions, not from taking too long to win. Also noticed the shadow captain would not die unless the master was frozen, so I felt less bad. ^.^#

The final fight took several minutes and I think I might have used 10 healing potions or so during that story chapter. So I am really happy about how my idea worked out.

Hope this inspires some other story addicts like me! ^_^

Are we talking about Infernal (non-Hongmoon), Awakened Infernal or True Infernal here? Quite a difference there, really, and all of it stronger than Glacial, which I think is blue grade and of course did not have any gems in.

But from what you wrote you did not do it for immersion anyway. :P

Anyway, how was it like? Did it make the storyline more exciting for you as well?

Awakened Infernal (Hongmoon upgrade).

And, while Act 4 of the storyline is a definite improvement over pretty much the rest so far, having weaker gear means the fights take longer, which does little more than annoy me. Certainly not immersing or exciting...

Seems we are quite different there then!  I love extended fights, especially when it gives the opponents the time to bring out some special attacks and cool trashtalk "Hah, I will snap you like a twig!" ... full PvP combo later ... "Ugh, I have underestimated you." ^_^'

The Glacial has only half of the Awakened Infernal's Attack Power, so I need really long against the quest guys. On most of them, I can do a full searing palm rotation. Which is not only the best way to win when your crit gear is low, but also immersionwise is one of my favourite combat techniques: I love punching their pressure points (soo Mushin!) before they are destroyed by a flaming punch (i.e. Leaidng Palm) and then a fiery kick (Hellfire Kick). <3

Archived