content is too hard for the avg F2P player

Biggie

2 minutes ago, marcnaw said:

Indeed, there is 2 mans quest (yellow one where i should kill destro miniboss). My problem is that i cannot solo it (as FM i either run or dps, if i stop that boss just kills me), and i am too late for first wave. Currently there is nobody doing it. Last weekend i waited for more than hour, asked few times in chat, no response no help. This whole situation made me play more of BDO. I know i am late there also for surviving PVP at 45+, but at least i can do something in that game.

People forget that the average player is already moving on.  If they wait too long the game will crash with no players.  Take a look at the daily hubs, seriously inspect the character profiles.  It's the same handful day in and day out.   I'm seeing the same 20 or so people day in and day out just on alts.

22 minutes ago, marcnaw said:

Indeed, there is 2 mans quest (yellow one where i should kill destro miniboss). My problem is that i cannot solo it (as FM i either run or dps, if i stop that boss just kills me), and i am too late for first wave. Currently there is nobody doing it. Last weekend i waited for more than hour, asked few times in chat, no response no help. This whole situation made me play more of BDO. I know i am late there also for surviving PVP at 45+, but at least i can do something in that game.

This whole thing is rather silly or wtf. B&S until now was rather singleplayer online RPG than mmo. Now after they ruined any possibility for healthy community they demand from me to have guild or friends in that game. Bit too late for that to happend.

Please, someone tell me this is a troll. I'm being trolled right now aren't I.

This is and MMO whether you like it or not. The early game is very single player oriented but it still made clear by the heroic dungeons and end game events that this is not a single player game at heart. This has to be the first post of anyone saying that the main quest line is too hard. I'm just at a loss for words right now... I just... I can't even...

I'm glad that this game is made by Korea...because they wont turn this into casual friendly thing. I'm not trying to sound elitist (I hate this word...) but I remember times when games were actually hard. Now it looks like games are made for people that can't find time or strenght to play something harder than puzzles. 

Blizzard made WoW casual friendly and what? They lost milions of players.

B&S is already easy enough (PvE side ofc) and we dont need nerfs.

I want this game to be popular aswell but with NA/EU attitude it wont and you can't change it.

5 minutes ago, Velix said:

Blizzard made WoW casual friendly and what? They lost milions of players.

Casual content in itself is not bad. Aslong as there is also challenging content to do though. And for that games sub drop its not because of it becomming casual but rather the whole expansion being utter garbage outside of raiding.

6 minutes ago, Velix said:

I want this game to be popular aswell but with NA/EU attitude it wont and you can't change it.

Dont generalize. There are more then plenty of peolpe that want challenging content over hello kitty content.

Indeed this game is punishing for the average player who expects a much high expectation of this old game. Since we are catching up with every region the game is forced to update very quickly and the general population is left behind. Alot of people left during the bot-ruling era but after u reach lvl 50 its not so bad anymore only a few spammers and some teleporting hackers. This game feels like a cash grab now with all the problems they dont want to fix and just see how it ends when the final content update is near, all i can truly say is either enjoy the game for what it is or move on if it seems like torture. Currently Im catching up to the average requirement of 480-500 ap dungeon rooms and enjoy my time collecting outfits.

Pretty much casual players quit because they feel very left behind and the hardcore players keep needing more or they quit as well, ultimately once we catch up to other regions content the hardcore player base will move on and the game will slowly die unless we see how the world championship goes.

5 hours ago, Biggie said:

I could multi box kfm's and clear yeti EZPZ.

Sucks not getting to do content because the avg player level is garbage.  Just not a guild kind of guy.

Rule of thumb: If the avg player base can't clear it they will stop playing.  I want this game to be successful too.

I totally agree with this from a arena perspective. My big issue right now is that I want to learn other classes but cant because of how alt unfriendly this game is. I don't have the hongmoon secret Korean hustle to grind out korean mmo's

1-45: was rewarding

45-50: tedious

HM 1 - 10: painful

HM skill achievements: punishment.

wow I really want to make an alt.

I think we should push more content out so we can widen gap for casuals.

Make this game even easier? My answer is just three letters: L, O and again L.

What will you losers come up next time? "Instant max level" button? God mode skill?

You kids don't remember, but in the '80 and early '90, games were actually hard. Not like current "extra mode" hard, but really hard. It was sometimes really frustrating, but also very rewarding. Modern games difficulty is just laughable, it's crap for masses.  Go play Mario or Prince of Persia, than talk to me about game being hard.

Wow. They had games in the '80s and '90s? According to my parents, everyone was too busy working 2 jobs WHILE going to school. Walking. Up hill. Both ways! "You kids today have it too easy!" :D

Seriously, though, as someone fairly new to gaming and something of a F2P Player, (I did buy an outfit and bags. No room for anything here!), I would say that I would have liked to have had the option to solo dungeons as a sort of practice for the team dungeons quests. Nothing more fun than being lectured about all my faults IN A GAME that is supposed to be a fun distraction from school and work by some lunatic taking it way too seriously. Also, I think it might be nice if there were a few level-restricted PvP Areas. Was not at all pleased to be camped by a Level 45 Player while I tried to complete that very first Faction Quest at Pondskip Vale.

Michelle

I do agree on the playerbase...

yesterday I waited like 5-8minuts to get a 4man necro over cross server.

Yeah, I could have searched for players manually, but you have to get the message here.

Through the automated system, I had to wait ages to even get a group. This is a very, very bad sign.

If you have to wait 8minuts to get 4 ppl together over the dungeon finder for the current content it's time to be worried.

The game is simply dieing, I don't like it.

59 minutes ago, mihwK said:

I do agree on the playerbase...

yesterday I waited like 5-8minuts to get a 4man necro over cross server.

Yeah, I could have searched for players manually, but you have to get the message here.

Through the automated system, I had to wait ages to even get a group. This is a very, very bad sign.

If you have to wait 8minuts to get 4 ppl together over the dungeon finder for the current content it's time to be worried.

The game is simply dieing, I don't like it.

You can't judge based on that, this isn't people not running that dungeon, just no-one using the auto queue. There will most likely have been several 4 man necro groups formed during that 5-8 minutes that you either chose not to join or didn't meet the leaders AP req.

4 hours ago, Bruce Chi said:

You can't judge based on that, this isn't people not running that dungeon, just no-one using the auto queue. There will most likely have been several 4 man necro groups formed during that 5-8 minutes that you either chose not to join or didn't meet the leaders AP req.

Rank7 right here in gearscore for my class, sorry bro, I just wasn't good enough, maybe next time we get you in the grp.

And why can't you judge it based on that? Most ppl will use the auto queue and not the manual one, if the auto queue drops to 8mins like that there must be a drop in players.

I consider myself F2P. Even if I might have bought some Brilliant keys, I pretty much never buy gold using Ncoins, and I make all my gold via crafting/gathering, and a lot of it too. Like, do you have any idea how profitable my "business" is right now?

My advice: find an item that sells for a lot, and that costs little to make. This is basic economics! Heck I don't even need to study economics to know how to make gold here!

Everything else after is easy once I've got over 50 gold on me.

On 4/5/2016 at 7:27 AM, Biggie said:

I could multi box kfm's and clear yeti EZPZ.

Sucks not getting to do content because the avg player level is garbage.  Just not a guild kind of guy.

Rule of thumb: If the avg player base can't clear it they will stop playing.  I want this game to be successful too.

My only comment on content difficulty is the SSP Terror's red AoE.
Not equipped with warning and since you are on an open field with 50+ players, iframe is a lil bit delayed due to fps drop.
Haven't seen a pattern with it as well.

Did all the content in 440AP. Did yeti and necro with 40K-45K hp players. (6man)

14 hours ago, Biggie said:

The player base is rapidly dying.  It's better for things to be clearable for a wider audience than for it to not be played.

Even for those who are geared the punishment is still the same if the blatant flaws of a product are not fixed.  This is a buisness, not a finished game packaged and out the door.

Wanna invest into a year sub and watch the player base die?

I love this argument, I mean with 0 Satistics, with 0 Knowledge and No capability to have access to Numbers of players in the game during any hour of the day, He decides to Shout from the roof tops "this game is Rapidly Dying" umm no it isn't... I am on a Low Population Server, and the Chat channels Still boom, still tons doing all the content and there are TONS of Servers, which seem to all be doing pretty well.

Just because people LEAVE a game doesn't mean the games dying, it is NORMAL for a MMO to have a boom of players at its Release and then over time reduce down in Population size to its Actual Nicht, this isn't Everquest 1 / World of Warcraft era, there isn't only three games on the MMORPG environment, there are HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of MMORPGs released, and Still TONS more flooding in. the Playerbase of Each game will be SMALLER by default BECAUSE us as gamers are spread more out as so many different games provide for so many different wants and needs.

its a f2p game, People in that genre of wants generally play more then 1 game therefore do not Statically sit with one game, it doesn't make the game dead, it doesn't mean the game is dying, because it isn't,

there are no flaws, there are Players out there that WANT difficult group content, a Requirement for being within guilds and Making friends to Proceed through Content, there are games which provide More solo play and Ease for players to go through a game themselves. this games targeted audience is within the first option, If they change that option to making it Easier, the players here who've invested their time in this game for the Gameplay this game has provided uptil now thew game would Rapidly die why? BECAUSE WE'D ALL LEAVE LOL.

this would be like telling World of Warcraft, to release a 100% PvP Content Expansion into its Primarily PvE Gameplay, do u think WoW Would survive if it did this?... Didn't bother reeleasing any raids, no dungeons and Just flooded the games with Arena maps Battleground Maps, Full out Esports PvP settings etc etc, No it wouldn't Because EVERY PVER would be Leaving the game abruptly, U cant as a player jkust scream "i don't want to see other players.. I don't want to guild I don't want to Socialize with those who enjoy the same game as me" and Expect to be in a Majority.

We play a MMORPG BECAUSE its a ONLINE MASS MULTIPLAYER GAME.. the ENTIRE GOAL of a MMORPG is its community,

Just to confirm, I am not white-knighting the game, I have 100% Understanding this game has issues, however the Availability for Solo Play is Defintly not one of them.

Archived