Warlock 100% broken in PvP? Opinions?

Myra

What exactly is the idea behind this class? It's absolute garbage tier in PvP. While it certainly has some utility and can be somewhat decent in really good hands, compared to other classes it still lags ridiculously far behind. I honestly don't see how an average skill player can get anywhere with this class. 

Currently there is 1 warlock in the whole TOP 80. 19 Diamond warlocks compared to other classes having between 36 to 56 diamond players (!). Having 1943 1v1 score puts you among the top 50 warlocks on server (as of last week, can't confirm now).  Taking summoner for example, you are class TOP 1000th+ with 1926, lol. 900+ high rank player difference???

It is supposed to be a glass cannon but seriously? Nearly every class has the ability to 90-0 while also having a ton more escapes and defensive abilities. If warlock messes up timewarp it's a 85% lose, and there's a a million ways how timewarp can go wrong.

1) You can get grabbed and thrown out of time warp circle.
2) You can get CCed or pushed out of it.
3) The enemy still has some escape or immunity skill left and will escape your 1-chance-only-during a fight combo. Even SS is enough to escape it and with warlock's skill arsenal it is ridiculously hard to get your opponent to waste everything, seeing as most classes got 8 sec CD ss, Q/E's and so on.
4) Timewarp can also randomly get bugged or interrupted, going on 3min CD with nothing happening. If you use E to get your pet near you to initiate the combo, 70% of the time timewarp will get bugged and placed on previous pet spot or not working at all, even if you wait 1-2 seconds. 

W/o it, the only thing you can kill is low to medium gold players or opponent that make some crucial mistakes.
Other class combos? You can't do a thing about it. Most are non escapable.

The thrall is the most useless thing in this game as it constantly auto attacks into enemies counters, giving KFMs full agility buff, feeding spin classes free focus, healing summoners in petal storm and so on, while you can't do anything about it, apart from not bothering to summon it at all?

Even more, messing up any combo (opponent evaded, SSed, ran out of range, used immunity skill, Q,E, list goes on) easily leaves you with most of your skills stuck on  cooldowns while the best you can do is spam LMB/RMB/F for solid 24-45 seconds while praying to gods that you will somehow survive with your single 36 sec cd defensive skill and block that lets all CC go through. 

Dragoncall HM (36sec cd) has pierce defense/parry attribute but it is the most predictable skill and even the instant cast one can be easily timed and SSed, outranged (16 meter) or resisted with the ton of skills that it doesn't pierce. 

Leech(45sec cd combo initiating skill) is supposed to cancel defensive skills but quite often it will just get resisted by block and... wait what? just what? 

And what bright genius decided that putting  Rupture and Leech on the same button was a good idea, lol?

TL;DR - WL is absolute garbage or git gud?

I play warlock and I feel like it's the weakest class at the moment, long cooldowns and alot windows where the weak block is your only defense. Especially force masters and assassins are pure hell.

I also play assassin and feel they are in a good spot.

Compared to the other ranged classes i do agree warlocks have issues. We got too nerfed. PVE wise warlocks are good but in pvp it really requires a lot of skill or really bad, medium opponents to win, when the other casters can easily breeze through without that much talent.

I love my warlock and i will always main it. I'm not much of a pvp player + the arena and class balance is so bad i dont even feel like going anymore. Warlocks cant get nerfed anymore (hopefully) when the other classes will be so just wait a while and we are back being OP again :)

well helix > call for pvp

and honesty, i can vouch for this. I got plat with my warlock and that was only thanks to bots (thrall + ss and they just sit there wasting their skills for a few seconds until they go after you lol), and now i cant even do a 1v1 match because the skillcap suddenly got insane, i literally cant do anything most of the fights (specially against bm, they just effin block, run, block, run, block run, go in, uses areal combo, then ss, then block, run, block, run, and do the same thing over and over, wtf am i supposed to do if i cant even catch them, meanwhile they can just use boot to kick me out of my block...)

Cd's are way too long, leech doesnt work most of the times due to defensive skills, anything that you use can get parried and will stun you, our sustain isnt the best, we only have 2, 2 iframes and one being on a insane long cd (36s), the other being either 8s or 12s depending on what you spec, and without sanctum hongmoon, we cant even protect ourselfes (even so, the "no target outside the area" sanctum is useless because fm can just use meteor shower forcing you to get out of the area..)

thrall is prob the most useless thing ever, he is just there to be a buff totem, pve and pvp wise, compared to summoner's cat that bring way more stuff to the fight..

"but oh you guys have time distortion" but wait! ppl have cc, ppl can run, if you use time distortion, 50% of the chances the enemy will try to get you away from thrall, or the other 50%, the will run so far away that you wont be able to cast a single skill on them and waste td.

thankfully i dislike pvp, and since it's so easy to make money now i can just go ahead and buy my soulstones whenever i need, and since i love WL in pve, this wont be a issue to me anymore 

20 hours ago, Myra said:

What exactly is the idea behind this class? It's absolute garbage tier in PvP. While it certainly has some utility and can be somewhat decent in really good hands, compared to other classes it still lags ridiculously far behind. I honestly don't see how an average skill player can get anywhere with this class. 

Currently there is 1 warlock in the whole TOP 80. 19 Diamond warlocks compared to other classes having between 36 to 56 diamond players (!). Having 1943 1v1 score puts you among the top 50 warlocks on server (as of last week, can't confirm now).  Taking summoner for example, you are class TOP 1000th+ with 1926, lol. 900+ high rank player difference???

It is supposed to be a glass cannon but seriously? Nearly every class has the ability to 90-0 while also having a ton more escapes and defensive abilities. If warlock messes up timewarp it's a 85% lose, and there's a a million ways how timewarp can go wrong.

1) You can get grabbed and thrown out of time warp circle.
2) You can get CCed or pushed out of it.
3) The enemy still has some escape or immunity skill left and will escape your 1-chance-only-during a fight combo. Even SS is enough to escape it and with warlock's skill arsenal it is ridiculously hard to get your opponent to waste everything, seeing as most classes got 8 sec CD ss, Q/E's and so on.
4) Timewarp can also randomly get bugged or interrupted, going on 3min CD with nothing happening. If you use E to get your pet near you to initiate the combo, 70% of the time timewarp will get bugged and placed on previous pet spot or not working at all, even if you wait 1-2 seconds. 

W/o it, the only thing you can kill is low to medium gold players or opponent that make some crucial mistakes.
Other class combos? You can't do a thing about it. Most are non escapable.

The thrall is the most useless thing in this game as it constantly auto attacks into enemies counters, giving KFMs full agility buff, feeding spin classes free focus, healing summoners in petal storm and so on, while you can't do anything about it, apart from not bothering to summon it at all?

Even more, messing up any combo (opponent evaded, SSed, ran out of range, used immunity skill, Q,E, list goes on) easily leaves you with most of your skills stuck on  cooldowns while the best you can do is spam LMB/RMB/F for solid 24-45 seconds while praying to gods that you will somehow survive with your single 36 sec cd defensive skill and block that lets all CC go through. 

Dragoncall HM (36sec cd) has pierce defense/parry attribute but it is the most predictable skill and even the instant cast one can be easily timed and SSed, outranged (16 meter) or resisted with the ton of skills that it doesn't pierce. 

Leech(45sec cd combo initiating skill) is supposed to cancel defensive skills but quite often it will just get resisted by block and... wait what? just what? 

And what bright genius decided that putting  Rupture and Leech on the same button was a good idea, lol?

TL;DR - WL is absolute garbage or git gud?

Wait till a Destroyer comes and say WL is OP even they can woodcut every class to 0 in less than 2 sec.

Warlock will be doomed forever because no employee from NC plays warlock himself.

19 hours ago, Azuhariet said:

WL PVP is garbage in this patch. They lack HM skills that make them so much more viable (Bombardment HM Skill, Sanctum HM skill). They are capable of climbing to diamond, but it requires a lot more knowledge of the match up, and a lot more skillful play than any other class currently. Don't let people fool you into thinking WL is strong, simply because of their incredible burst damage, since it is a lot more difficult to pull off in a high rating match than it is in a gold or platinum match.

Other classes get much much more porefull with hongmoon then WL. Our increase with Hongmoon is a joke against others!

Before lvl 50 we had better chances. Higher than 1800 elo is for a normal good player nearly impossible..

Oh and all other classes have a burst too wich makes more damage in shorter time with no 3min CD. Summoner sunflower burst, destro woodcutting anicancel, kungfu "macro", lyn lighningdraw combo especially with hongmoon skill.

Oh boi, another Gold Warlock player that thinks its the class and not the lack of his own skill... and now he is bringing the facts oh man... Wow, the statistics boi, Warlock so bad. Omg omg omg, pls buff.
Jesus christ, there is a reason why they balance the game around the top bracket of players not around gold players like you. No offense, but actually yes offense, because I cant stand all the complaining about class power... I highly recommend the git gud option. Warlock is a strong class, watch people like Carthh wrecking people in Diamond. The class isnt bad, it is just that the players have yet to reach the max potential a Warlock can unleash. And just on a side note, Warlock is one the easiest classes.

-Ra9eQuit

No class is easy in this game, but for WL you need more ''knowledge'' of the enemy since you have a really tiny space to mess up .. if you mess too mutch you're pretty mutch done, on top of that we have a nuke on a 3min cd while other classes have it on 45sec/1min (summoner 18sec ahah) and that's a fact.. lets not lie there is people that will just run when they see the clock (totally legit) ....hek some even run when thrall is up

still the match up vs FM is absurdly retarded :\

not considering KFM too :D

1 hour ago, Ra9eQuit said:

Oh boi, another Gold Warlock player that thinks its the class and not the lack of his own skill... and now he is bringing the facts oh man... Wow, the statistics boi, Warlock so bad. Omg omg omg, pls buff.
Jesus christ, there is a reason why they balance the game around the top bracket of players not around gold players like you. No offense, but actually yes offense, because I cant stand all the complaining about class power... I highly recommend the git gud option. Warlock is a strong class, watch people like Carthh wrecking people in Diamond. The class isnt bad, it is just that the players have yet to reach the max potential a Warlock can unleash. And just on a side note, Warlock is one the easiest classes.

-Ra9eQuit

You post in ALL class sections and all other sections just posts where you want to *cricket* the guys off and isult them and try to provocate. Have you no sence in your live or what? Pls simply shut up and i hope all others here just ignore you, so will i do from now on!

Oh and read ALL bevore you open your mouth. WL is in ALL regions since the nerfe the bottom class! And in high elo too. Look at the number of classes in the top 50 / 200 for example. WL is not only in gold ranking the weakest. No more time for such a troll!!!

5 hours ago, DragonAlex said:

You post in ALL class sections and all other sections just posts where you want to *cricket* the guys off and isult them and try to provocate. Have you no sence in your live or what? Pls simply shut up and i hope all others here just ignore you, so will i do from now on!

Oh and read ALL bevore you open your mouth. WL is in ALL regions since the nerfe the bottom class! And in high elo too. Look at the number of classes in the top 50 / 200 for example. WL is not only in gold ranking the weakest. No more time for such a troll!!!

Gr8, I have a litlle hater boi, following me around ^.^
Thanks for giving me the attention i need. First of all, you are not better. And second of all, I annoy everyone who annoys me by complaining about balance, since I have every class and dont feel that any of the classes is unbalanced in PvP. And if you didnt notice already, you are not doing something better than me by insulting me lol. Keep it up, keyboardwarrior. I will just continue to wander around and give my "unwanted" opinion, exactly like you.

-Ra9eQuit

19 minutes ago, GreenOwl said:

Warlock is 100% good party support.

Warlock is support in pve and little bit in pvp, he is not for PVP.

Don't be salty about party support in 1v1 pvp.

be happy~

warlock was introduced as a class that can deal insane damage and that can "steal" the life force of his enemies to heal himself, a bit of a glass cannon with some survivability.

while I agree that it looks like warlock is quite the support class (basically because everything else about him was nerfed to the ground), that was not meant to be his defining play style of this class.

DPS) sin,FM,cat.

tank) KFM,DM,BM,LSM.

support) WL.

Warlock is support, deal with it.

Supports are weak in 90% MMORPGs for PVP.

Warlock : 9 sec AOE chains + Awakened skills - best party support.

Block  - self defence to win time for party.

1 hour ago, GreenOwl said:

DPS) sin,FM,cat.

tank) KFM,DM,BM,LSM.

support) WL.

Warlock is support, deal with it.

Supports are weak in 90% MMORPGs for PVP.

Warlock : 9 sec AOE chains + Awakened skills - best party support.

Block  - self defence to win time for party.

But in the Beginning Warlock was not only for SUPPORT, like hillel said!

And Blade & Soul want to go in ESL so all classes must be balanced in PVP. There can not class can be trash in PVP only because he ins the Main Supporter in PVE lol.

And in each other thread too most of people say warlock in PVP can nothing. His Timewarp bust is weaker than the burst of some other classes and easier to avoid but with much much higher cooldown....

It's just riddicculous!! 

I,m in the TOP 300 but still no Platin how hard i try.... always around 1800 <.<

I get damn angry on that....

10 hours ago, Ra9eQuit said:

eQuitOh boi, another Gold Warlock player that thinks its the class and not the lack of his own skill... and now he is bringing the facts oh man... Wow, the statistics boi, Warlock so bad. Omg omg omg, pls buff.

-Ra9eQuit

Being low plat (stuck around 1910-1946) already put me among top 70-100 warlocks. Should the game be balanced around top 10 players? And then, I guess gold players don't even deserve properly working skills anyway. 50/50 lottery timewarp is fine, you can always play the 'is it gonna work this time?' game. /sarcasm

2 hours ago, DragonAlex said:

But in the Beginning Warlock was not only for SUPPORT, like hillel said!

And Blade & Soul want to go in ESL so all classes must be balanced in PVP. There can not class can be trash in PVP only because he ins the Main Supporter in PVE lol.

And in each other thread too most of people say warlock in PVP can nothing. His Timewarp bust is weaker than the burst of some other classes and easier to avoid but with much much higher cooldown....

It's just riddicculous!! 

I,m in the TOP 300 but still no Platin how hard i try.... always around 1800 <.<

I get damn angry on that....

I don't PVP as Warlock, i use Warlock for 4 man dungeon farm, where Warlock is very good party support.

And if you will look at Warlock as support, he don't need any buff (mb even nerf with 10k dmg skill with 50% life steal).

Want pvp - make other char (like i did).

Deal with it.

Just reroll to destroyer op.  End of discussion.  What?  Were you looking to continue to play warlock and for something to be done in the next week about your complaints?  Cry more will ya cuz ***** ain't changin.

Oh I forgot....ur just venting like the 230820382380208 others on these forums.

15 hours ago, Ra9eQuit said:

-Ra9eQuit

And you are....? A top 50 WL? Regardless of your "git gud" option/opinion, I will argue your point of "Warlock is one of the easiest classes." If that were the case, in all regions, we would see several more higher ranked Warlocks. Easy is a relative term, especially when you give no comparison. 

18 minutes ago, Diradem said:

And you are....? A top 50 WL? Regardless of your "git gud" option/opinion, I will argue your point of "Warlock is one of the easiest classes." If that were the case, in all regions, we would see several more higher ranked Warlocks. Easy is a relative term, especially when you give no comparison. 

He is scummoner and destroyer and played a bit other classes and thinks he is the pro player from hell

10 hours ago, Myra said:

Being low plat (stuck around 1910-1946) already put me among top 70-100 warlocks. Should the game be balanced around top 10 players? And then, I guess gold players don't even deserve properly working skills anyway. 50/50 lottery timewarp is fine, you can always play the 'is it gonna work this time?' game. /sarcasm

Nah, Gold players cant use their skills to their full potential anyway, so you are kinda right when you say: "they dont even deserve properly working skills anyway." The game is balanced around the top bracket of players. And once again, we didnt see so far what a max potential warlock can do. So just continue playing the class and get better. I dont believe that it is weak since I already fought Plat and Diamond Warlocks and they destroyed me as a Destroyer. And I am no Warlock main, but I own the class (Gold rank) and I have seen already people who can utilize Warlock very good and they shit on other players.
EDIT: Uhh, I didnt say that you just press things and pray they work. Of course you have to do some set up to win, but relative to other classes it isnt that hard. Easy is a relative term. BM would be an example for very hard.

5 hours ago, Diradem said:

I am a 2080~ Rating Plat Destro and Plat KFM. I am not a Warlock main, but I sparred against a couple of Plat and Diamond Warlocks to get my ass blasted. And Warlock being an easy class, doesnt mean you can get easy Diamond by just pressing 2 buttons or something. It is the same as Summoner. It is an easy class at first, but at higher ranks you will not see it being easy anymore. If a Summoner trinkets the first stun that hits him, he is freelo for me. The ease of playing Warlock is just... You do nothing special or creative, it is just straightforward damage. You only need to really train your Burst rotation, but thats almost it. It really isnt a complicated class, compared to something like BM, KFM or Destro (in higher ranks). You dont have to look for Ground Counters, you dont have to tech chase retreat, you dont have to dodge escapes (the daze), you dont have to use any ani-cancel... There is so much to other classes, that would lose you the game instantly if you dont look out for every single thing the enemy can do, but Warlock is kinda just a one-trick-pony, just snare (if they cant SS...Rip) and burst. It sure has some matchups where you actually have to be startegic like FM and Sum, but even those dont really change the way how you play. You literally just look out for one or two skill and then do the same thing again.I am not hating on the class. Its a cool class, but it definitely isnt weak or harder than most other classes. (I feel like I couldnt completely express my point...)

If you dont agree with me, please let us discuss. I would also like to hear your opinion.

-Ra9eQuit

18 hours ago, Ra9eQuit said:

I am a 2080~ Rating Plat Destro and Plat KFM. I am not a Warlock main, but I sparred against a couple of Plat and Diamond Warlocks to get my ass blasted. And Warlock being an easy class, doesnt mean you can get easy Diamond by just pressing 2 buttons or something. It is the same as Summoner. It is an easy class at first, but at higher ranks you will not see it being easy anymore. If a Summoner trinkets the first stun that hits him, he is freelo for me. The ease of playing Warlock is just... You do nothing special or creative, it is just straightforward damage. You only need to really train your Burst rotation, but thats almost it. It really isnt a complicated class, compared to something like BM, KFM or Destro (in higher ranks). You dont have to look for Ground Counters, you dont have to tech chase retreat, you dont have to dodge escapes (the daze), you dont have to use any ani-cancel... There is so much to other classes, that would lose you the game instantly if you dont look out for every single thing the enemy can do, but Warlock is kinda just a one-trick-pony, just snare (if they cant SS...Rip) and burst. It sure has some matchups where you actually have to be startegic like FM and Sum, but even those dont really change the way how you play. You literally just look out for one or two skill and then do the same thing again.I am not hating on the class. Its a cool class, but it definitely isnt weak or harder than most other classes. (I feel like I couldnt completely express my point...)

If you dont agree with me, please let us discuss. I would also like to hear your opinion.

-Ra9eQuit

Bad Argument, many players look out for tech chases and retreats.  The only difference between players is in playstyle of the classes and proficiency at the class.  Wl is not the exception.  

Yes, we do nothing special.  We survive by being fully offensive and watching and predicting the other player.  But it's not as easy as you make it sound.  Yes, because of the limited escapes, tab, SS, and Z (4 if you count repulse resist, but it's pointless in pvp),  arguably it would make a Warlock player very proficient compared to other classes, but it is very unforgiving class as well.  There is hardly any room for mistake, and many WL players (including me) are dismayed or unsettled by this fact.  

You already know how the class plays, so no need to go into mechanics and whatnot.  And since you play other classes, I am sure you aware of how pvp matches can turn on a dime.  Not so much for WL, where it's literally all or nothing.  

IMO,  what WL needs is only one more evade/resist, and the class would be well matched against the others.  

Archived