The return of GameGuard and FPS Stutters

iRysed

I enjoy playing BnS, I really do. The last few days of smooth fast paced hongmoon smackdowns were glorious. I was free to perform my fireworks emitting martial art combos onto anything that took breath. But tonight, that freedom was once again taken away from me.

I screamed bloody crickets, when I saw that little window pop up in the corner again, "hacking prevention system - GameGuard". I got on my character fearing the worst, and sadly my fears were confirmed. The fps stuttering every 3-6 seconds is back. In comparison, I was running a smooth 80fps on max graphical settings for the last couple of weeks, dropping slightly in crowded areas. However, now no matter where I am, its like I'm running BnS on PowerPoint.

Why? WHY is GameGuard back? GameGuard is a horrendous piece of software that should be burnt, boxed and shot into outer space. Where if aliens were to find it, they would, undoubtedly and justifiably, declare war on our blue planet for this blasphemous piece of software engineering. But wait! GameGuard is suppose to also save us from the evil hordes of free kill bots. Yet while I was enjoying the slide show, I searched and found the endless loops of bots at Blackram Narrows' dungeon entrance, bot spammers in chat and farm bots in misty woods, happily human-centipede'ing into Terrors(admittedly, this is always amusing to watch). Well played, GameGuard, well played.

I've tried to fix the problems, I really have. Before the last time GameGuard was removed, I tried every guide and "fix" I could find on Google, spending hours in the process. Windows 10, higher cpu priority, performance power, Razer Synapse removal, Router and GPU configurations, Lyn sacrificial rituals, everything. Nothing worked or lasted long until GameGuard was removed. Although weary, I'm still open to new suggestions. 

Fortunately, I didn't make additional purchases for Ncoins. I had intended to login and buy a other devotion costume for my spunky female Jin, but I ended up rambling on here. In the meantime, I guess it's time for a other break. "Stop throwing your money at us system - GameGuard".

TL;DR: GameGuard. FPS. Rekt. LOL.

Yup, have to agree. Started the game today and bingo! Small window appeared at the bottom of the screen.

Tried to play, but the lag w. Gameguard is so incredibly bad, that it makes the game almost unplayable.

Running past NPCs who looked miles away, and 3 seconds later get gang-banged whilst unable to use any sort of skill.

Please test this stuff properly before it gets implemented and not on the "customers" !

I just started paying to play this game and they put this in and I can't even enjoy it now. The stutters are so frequent, almost everytime I kill a enemy or something there is a stutter or just walking into an area or even standing still. What makes it worse is I still see bots running all over the place so what is the point?

I guess that's what is happening to me too today since after the GameGuard updated I have 10-15 lag spike freezes ingame, especially when fighting bosses - and this is the only thing that changed for me overnight. Unless NCsoft implemented some major server mess up too, while at it. This is making the game unplayable to me.

4 minutes ago, Dru Lockheart said:

I guess that's what is happening to me too today since after the GameGuard updated I have 10-15 lag spike freezes ingame, especially when fighting bosses - and this is the only thing that changed for me overnight. Unless NCsoft implemented some major server mess up too, while at it. This is making the game unplayable to me.

same here after gg last update  lagging and fps drops and skills delay now i just login for 2 reasons daily dash and crafting :( 

Archived