Obligatory Gameguard Thread

Well since i almost failed Yeti run, cause i had fps drops, lags and really did crappy dmg all around cause of it, I had to come here and post.

I read a lot on forum (especially when bored on the job :P) , but don't post much, but this Gameguard is seriously ruining my game.

Optimized? I didn't have much problems before, when it was on, but today I see what people have to endure, who had problems from start with GG.

Today I logged pretty much same time as everyday, when i come from work and not 10 min in the game i got that infamous "Server error" or w/e.

After that it went downhill. Said it before, I'm not renewing my premium, if my daily game dose is riddled with problems like today...

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adding my voice. This GameGuard monstrosity is not only burdensome to performance, but clearly completely ineffective. I've been enjoying the game so much since it was turned off, now it's back to swimming in concrete FPS drop and stutter. I hope someone is listening to the complaints. Make it go away, PLEASE!

This is my first post, but had to post in hope of things to get better.

Some great MMORPGs that do NOT use this GameGuard malware, have less botting and run perfectly on my system:

1. World of Warcraft
  2. Final Fantasy XIV
  3. Guild Wars 2
  4. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  5. The Elder Scrolls Online

Larger and way larger population than Blade & Soul, less botting, less spammers, one of those under NCSoft too. None of them uses GameGuard, some of them are F2P as well.

So my question is, NCSoft, why aren't you using that money we know you get from us to fix the issue instead of putting cheap crappy band aid on it. Do the things right and stop messing with our FPS already!

I won't play B&S for now. But is not because I don't want, or because I rage quit, is because I simply can't play!

I know people are tired of getting automated responses from Customer Support due to this problem, but I think we should at least send them the .erl files that they need in a zip folder so that we can give them things to work with to try and solve the issue. It's a pain not being able to log on, GameGuard is making life difficult ;A; 

1 minute ago, Duranox said:

Gameshit also blocks Black Desert Online running in the background which means i cannot auto fish while i play B&S.

BDO using another system. This making conflicts, cuz all this software are piece of crap.

For those not launching or getting frequent dcs try deleting the gameguard folder and launching the game(recreates folder and contents)

Or Try this.

A friend of mine in eu was having launching issues when he tried to log in today...this helped. Replaces/updates Gameguard's pieces of shit.

Why is that?

She doesn't get the "core" of the products and services the company is supposed to offer. She's too technical in one area.

Look at valve's insane success and what its creators had a hand in doing before they made valve and even before they finished school. Its brainchild was an avid gamer even before he began his career. Those "out in the field" know what their customers want because they too are like them.

Its the worst tool ever, I cant do anything in Soulplain without getting frozen on map.... even with character showing off, Its still Bulls....t

IT mad ethe GAME SLOWER and FREEZING LIKE HELL....

PLEASE FIX THIS or GET SOMETHING ELSE CAUSE THIS GAMEGUARD IS JUST A SAD TOOL SERIOUSLY

46 minutes ago, KaLnoX said:

Look at valve's insane success and what its creators had a hand in doing before they made valve and even before they finished school. Its brainchild was an avid gamer even before he began his career. Those "out in the field" know what their customers want because they too are like them.

Granted, Valve's been pretty bad lately.  They refuse to upgrade their chat system and leave bugs open to be exploited, despite people reporting them.  Also, sometimes their business practices are questionable.  Still, Steam is a very useful platform to launch games from.  I just wish they stopped being complacent with their success.

7 minutes ago, Cipro said:

Its the worst tool ever, I cant do anything in Soulplain without getting frozen on map.... even with character showing off, Its still Bulls....t

IT mad ethe GAME SLOWER and FREEZING LIKE HELL....

PLEASE FIX THIS or GET SOMETHING ELSE CAUSE THIS GAMEGUARD IS JUST A SAD TOOL SERIOUSLY

Yeah, the screen freeze every 3 seconds is making it unplayable for me.  I don't even have the desire to log on right now.

I'm probably gonna get home from work and find this has been removed again due to massive amounts of complaints and customer rage. Honestly if anyone from NC is bothered to even read this: Why are you so persistent on using something that clearly only causes more damage than the bots? Time for a less invasive and hostile approach guys!

I've noticed performance issues too. At this point, it is obvious NCWest has a contract with the gameguard developers to use this possibly borderline illegal rootkit. By law, they have to mention its usage but do not until you open the game the first time.

Closed the game 3 hours ago, client, awesomium and game guard still running for some reason.

TqSvy3J.png

And it does run identical for me too, with the minor exception of removing like 10fps from my game ...

35 minutes ago, AmatsuDF said:

I've noticed performance issues too. At this point, it is obvious NCWest has a contract with the gameguard developers to use this possibly borderline illegal rootkit. By law, they have to mention its usage but do not until you open the game the first time.

Theyre under no obligation but their own to use it. They dont have to use it expecially when its known to cause widespread performance issues and does not cease its interference with the OS even after the games closed. It HAS to go as its of no effect, use and a detriment to legitimate players.

I just cant understand how the heck they thought that GG would be good choice. Yeah sure it might prevent most noobish players from using CE or some other things but when it comes down pro botters or anyone who knows what they're doing GG is  useless.

Best thing Ncsoft do is terminate GG for good and create either their own anticheat or just hire 20 GMs to game and go check botting locations and ban them. That would be 100000000000x more efficient than having GG.

Or hire me i can for 8 hours day ban botters from my server!

10 minutes ago, Hatsunya said:

I just cant understand how the heck they thought that GG would be good choice. Yeah sure it might prevent most noobish players from using CE or some other things but when it comes down pro botters or anyone who knows what they're doing GG is  useless.

Best thing Ncsoft do is terminate GG for good and create either their own anticheat or just hire 20 GMs to game and go check botting locations and ban them. That would be 100000000000x more efficient than having GG.

Or hire me i can for 8 hours day ban botters from my server!

Talking out of your ass. Its not as easy as its sounds and it gets technical from a programming and networking perspective.

Still I agree GG is utter shit and maybe, for variety sak,e its doing what its supposed to do how ever little, if any. But the trade off isn't worth it. That's what most players are raging about. I can start the game and run it etc etc but I  dont like the idea of a game working sometimes and then other times its just a mess. People who've spent grantotals in hundreds would be even more enraged.

5 minutes ago, Kuarasi said:

I find it funny how quickly they answer posts when it comes to questions about buying nCoin but when it comes to game optimization they are as silent as 2,000 year old mummy.

Well it does come down to what they know and dont know doesn't it? You wouldn't answer a question you dont know the answer to if you can help it.

Why did they enabled the garbage called GameGuard again?

Game is already purely optimized as it is - and given this thread, the number of players which get signficant performance issues due to GameGuard is not any lower than previously, including myself.

It does absolutely nothing to prevent hacking/botting. They're still runnig around or speed hacking around with GameGuard enabled.

All it does is cause performance issues for your legitimate players. Brilliant.

Archived