Obligatory Gameguard Thread

And the useless rootkit returns and once again the fail with it....

Thanks NCsoon you failed me yet again!

Seriously WHAT is the utter point in using a program that is not only utterly and completely USELESS but only accomplishes one thing: Pi$sing off your playerbase!

Honesly though no matter how many "improvements" are made to this thing a program that is designed to be a turd and be useless as a turd against hackers and other malicious players is a turd no matter WHAT you do with it. Seriously do us all a favour: Get rid of this and use some sort of server side detection or just have GM's run a sweep of the servers twice a day to purge the deadweight its far more efficient that way. Stop INSISTING on a useless program that is both intrusive, useless and utterly a waste of resources and patience. Since this is back on I may as well go play FFXIV for the rest of the week until common sense prevails and this thing gets nuked yet AGAIN like the last 2 to 3 times it got canned for the same reason!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh gosh WHY, WHY? The game was running fine! We had the same or even less bots running since you disabled Game Guard.

Gameguard is updated and online but still didn't solve anything, people still cheat, spammers still spam and bots still farm. Gameguard is useless!

If people want to cheat, they cheat with or without gameguard because is so old and they already know how to bypass it.

NCsoft please create your own anti cheat client or change the anti cheat client for other company.

Gameguard has been reactivated, but the same bots are still there farming 24/7...

Just look at SSP! Full with bots rescuing NPC's and picking up meteors all day 24/7

And this Mass of LvL 16 Profession / Marketplace bots in JadeStone, group of 2-5 in front of the market, not moving all day but still doing something...

And the classic Dungeon farming bots collecting healpots, repair tool etc..

And alot of peopling having technical problems again..lucky me, im not having these...

The more I see Gameguard, the more I'm reminded of my war against that piece of shit of a anti hack system...

It doesn't solve anything, it only makes things worse, far worse it affects legitimate third party programs that are supposed to help boost gameplay experience (RIP GeForce Experience optimizer) and it continues to slow down the game itself for other people. I guess the war against this stupid anti cheat is continuously going to happen. 

Why MMOs insist on using this piece of crap is beyond me.

5 hours ago, RockmanEXE said:

please get this malware off my computer and start using a real anti-cheat engine.  

sincerely,

players all over with low-end PCs.

I have a fairly high-end PCs (GTX 980, SSD, 32GB RAM, etc etc) and I was running the game smoothly at 80fps on max graphical settings. In walks GameGuard, Boom, FPS stutters.

Could GameGuard have anything to do with OTP Authentication being *cricket*ed up for me? I type in the CORRECT code, yet I am told it's incorrect. Not being able to play the game at all has a tendency to make me a very unhappy customer.

I won't say GG is good to battle bots but I don't have FPS issue (i don't even have any issue even first Aion came out on NA with GG built in), there is something else people didn't know or didn't want to post or try to hide and blame on GG keep giving them issues...You know if there no fire then there won't be any smokes.

Holy shit, why did they have to add this crap again?

I couldn't even start the game the when I installed it. Got some random error code with useless "help text". Only after they removed Gameguard I could actually play the game.

With gameguard enabled I would never recommend this game, nor would I buy anything for money. It's worthless against botters/spammers and only annoys paying customers.

Just now, Rukhal said:

I wish A dev or something would make a post saying if they are discussing something.

Seriously now, did they ever post anything at all regarding the fps issues in this game. About people with good machines getting crap performance?

Cricketing useless piece of shit gameguard. Performance is down a bit, cant ani cancel properly among other stuff I could have done before. Pfffffft. Why bother say over the same thing? They keep giving use the same shit repackaged. Steups.

22 minutes ago, Pulmi said:

Seriously now, did they ever post anything at all regarding the fps issues in this game. About people with good machines getting crap performance?

Rukirii made a post about GameGuard on this board.

For those experiencing the side effects of the program, please contact our Technical Support team

So it would imply they are aware of the issue at least, but won't outwardly admit specifics. 

Also, why do some people on here seem to think, this is some sort of conspiracy against GameGuard? The amount of people reporting FPS stuttering since GG's reimplementation, and their recounts of what or when it happened, should rule out coincidence. Bots are still rampant. I know I didn't had any issues running the game while GG was gone (80fps on max settings). Now it's just like watching a slide show or scrolling down a slow paced manhwa.

8 minutes ago, KaLnoX said:

Phucking useless piece of shit gameguard. Performance is down a bit, cant ani cancel properly among other stuff I could have done before. Pfffffft. Why bother say over the same thing? They keep giving use the same shit repackaged. Steups.

It's ok, it's the company who is losing big money from people like me! I refuse to pay for something I should be able to run good and instead i struggle with every single day. It's a pity cause the game is good in general, just plagued by so many damn issues.

1 hour ago, Bundicoot said:

Rukirii made a post about GameGuard on this board.

So it would imply they are aware of the issue at least, but won't outwardly admit specifics. 

Also, why do some people on here seem to think, this is some sort of conspiracy against GameGuard? The amount of people reporting FPS stuttering since GG's reimplementation, and their recounts of what or when it happened, should rule out coincidence. Bots are still rampant. I know I didn't had any issues running the game while GG was gone (80fps on max settings). Now it's just like watching a slide show or scrolling down a slow paced manhwa.

I'm not going to bother contacting technical support, they will just tell me the same thing as before -- helpfully and politely but it won't be useful because I was playing just fine until the update yesterday and I'm not going to troubleshoot my entire machine when it's clearly their gameguard update that has plagued me with disconnects and lockups during combat.

They will ask me to disable all running nonessential non-system services. They will ask me to disable my antivirus protection and firewall. They will give me options of running firewall and antivirus protection that are on their tested to work with gameguard list, rather than actually test with more common things. And they'll tell me to use a specific dns. I've already gutted my machine to be fast, there are no nonessential processes running, my firewall and antivirus are just fine thanks, and I've got perfectly fine internet, dns and low ping.

Until yesterday.

I'll keep trying to play and hope they remove the piece of garbage and if it keeps disconnecting me to the point I can't play, I won't.

As I said I don't need to troubleshoot my system when it's their root kit that's breaking things.

It's ok, it's the company who is losing big money from people like me! I refuse to pay for something I should be able to run good and instead i struggle with every single day. It's a pity cause the game is good in general, just plagued by so many damn issues.

This, I love the errr, aesthetics and challenging fighting types the game has to offer and also the fast pacedness. The fact that you dont need to spend months upon months to get shit done is a plus in my book. But the way they handle the game and its problems, its buggs, its exploiters is just a hot wet shit show to say the least.

" GameGuard has undergone a variety of improvements regarding its detection and compatibility. "

For last month's bots, I'm sure it has. Remove this root kit shit cause I'm positive we'll never see an update regarding its performance on the game.

NC has been using GameGuard for 13+ years now, and listening to all the same complaints for just as long. It's not that they don't know, it's that they simply don't care.

They have to at least appear to be doing something about bots, cheats, RMT, etc. so that they can point at it and say "hey! look what we did! we tried super hard!" and the gullible will be appeased. Especially if you get a great deal on a really crappy anticheat solution by signing a long term contract. 

There's really only one way to manage cheating, botting, etc. and that is to have real people police the servers. Actual, live people, using actual GM characters to prosecute offenses in real time. We can't really expect that from NC, because they won't pay anyone to do it.

NC doesn't care about our gameplay experience, and they don't care about bots, or cheaters or RMT. It's about expending the absolute minimum effort required to milk whatever cash they can from whoever is foolish enough to give it to them, and when the absolute minimum effort isn't worth what they have coming in any more, they will reduce the workload further. They'll merge half the servers, then all the servers, then split them again to give players the illusion of an in-game economy reset, and offer transfers for a price. Then they'll merge half the servers again.

It's NCWest folks. This is just how it is, and how it has been for nearly a decade. Get used to it.

1 hour ago, khynnea said:

I'm not going to bother contacting technical support, they will just tell me the same thing as before -- helpfully and politely but it won't be useful because I was playing just fine until the update yesterday and I'm not going to troubleshoot my entire machine when it's clearly their gameguard update that has plagued me with disconnects and lockups during combat.

They will ask me to disable all running nonessential non-system services. They will ask me to disable my antivirus protection and firewall. They will give me options of running firewall and antivirus protection that are on their tested to work with gameguard list, rather than actually test with more common things. And they'll tell me to use a specific dns. I've already gutted my machine to be fast, there are no nonessential processes running, my firewall and antivirus are just fine thanks, and I've got perfectly fine internet, dns and low ping.

Until yesterday.

I'll keep trying to play and hope they remove the piece of garbage and if it keeps disconnecting me to the point I can't play, I won't.

As I said I don't need to troubleshoot my system when it's their root kit that's breaking things.

There are far easier and less intrusive methods to determine what's wrong and NCSoft has to use the most time-consuming.  Its a long process of "do this, do that" when most of the stuff is completely irrelevant.

And no, I will never turn off my firewall, NCSoft.  Asking someone to put their computer at risk just so you can try to troubleshoot one instance of terrible performance caused by your own unnecessary program is absolutely ridiculous.  Its your job to build around that and take firewalls into account when programming (yes I'm aware Gameguard is a third-party software) and its your responsibility to ensure your game runs smoothly if you expect any business.

55 minutes ago, ePriest said:

NC has been using GameGuard for 13+ years now, and listening to all the same complaints for just as long. It's not that they don't know, it's that they simply don't care

Not quite they dont care if it doesnt affect them. Their management starts caring ALOT when those complains begin to translate into at first an overload of their CS with complaints about this crapware and expecially when threats of chargebacks begin to happen because people with intelligence find out about this rootkit affecting their system stability. Aion is the one perfect example where they actually had the bloody intelligence to jettison this virtual STD.

I swear its like virtual syphilis. Pretty Waifus everywhere (Husbando's for the wimmin!) ...... then you find out your computers infected with a mailicious STD........

The spikes and the lags are back. Bots r still running around. it's hard as it is for melees in soulstone plain, then u reactivate the gameguard!!!!!. it's playable, but not enjoyable anymore. What r u thinking NCSOFT!. don't want to say any bad words here, but plz remove the damn gameguard, so i can play the damn game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived