Forums

Obligatory Gameguard Thread

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay...

We all know what happened, the horror Gameguard returned again...

Just a simple question, and this is coming from the EU servers... Why bring back Gameguard? Like, I can swear I saw little to no bots in faction chat or all chat in the Silverfrost expansion... I saw less bots in Arena after the Silverfrost expansion with NO Gameguard, my system was running PERFECTLY fine without gameguard, and the moment you re-implement that, somehow all that shit gets reversed, and my dear friend Error 4049 returns to me, and no, I'm not submitting a ticket to support just to get another automated response. 

FPS are now low, I log into Forum and I see Mandarin characters and university of Queens or something hidden in there, I can't even log into the game... and when does this happen?
After Gameguard... 

Come on, NCSOFT... You guys are better than this- I... We, have dailies to do, and you ain't allowing it to happen... So good luck with your Gameguard endeavors, let's see how far they take you..

Seriously, the game was running much better without it in the past few weeks... Please remove it.

Best,

Speras.

45 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

No problems with GG for me at all. I see no difference in how smooth the game works so there might be also something else going on behind that uproars when GG was implemented.

Its never been a problem that affected 100% of the playerbase.  Its still a large portion of players that are negatively affected by Gameguard as you can see from looking back every time they re-implemented Gameguard.  Threads would reach 10+ pages on how their game is almost unplayable.  Its great that you aren't affected by Gameguard, but please think of the people that are.

10 minutes ago, Tyranei said:

Its never been a problem that affected 100% of the playerbase.  Its still a large portion of players that are negatively affected by Gameguard as you can see from looking back every time they re-implemented Gameguard.  Threads would reach 10+ pages on how their game is almost unplayable.  Its great that you aren't affected by Gameguard, but please think of the people that are.

What I meant was that maybe the problem is something that was always there but is being reinforced or made noticeable by gameguard. Do people who have this issue have something in common like using programs to lower ping or such?

6 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

What I meant was that maybe the problem is something that was always there but is being reinforced or made noticeable by gameguard. Do people who have this issue have something in common like using programs to lower ping or such?

I don't use anything like that.  Only thing I use that interacts with the game is Logitech's driver to rebind auto-run to a mouse button.

5 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

From my experience and of those people that I know .. there are not common links I freeze and stutter in game to the point it is unplayable. Was told and read it is because of the "heart beat" nature of scanning my system or memory that causes it. I personally know people who can't log on or stay logged on just continually get errors and dc'd. Different OS's. I have read numerous that all but told kill every process on my computer and open a direct port to the server (I am exaggerating)  ... It is just really frustrating to me at this point. 

Something that might help, I noticed that gamemon.des taking up a massive amount of cpu resources(upwards of 80% spikes) causing fps to plummet when the game was under high load, open the task manager and right click on the process and change the priority to low and set process affinity to a single core, I'm still getting fps drops, but this has helped me somewhat as it cannot spike to stupid usage levels now, this is also only a temp change too you will need to do this every time you open the client.

Same thing here. My game would go from 50+ fps to 3 fps and crash for 10-20 seconds in fights, especially in Soulstone Plains even while there's no other players around me on en empty-ish channel, I'd still get insane lag spikes.

I noticed the GameGuard logo popping up yet again too. *Sigh*

I was having major lag out of the blue yesterday, clicking a button in arena/dungeons took 2 seconds to process, but when i went back to the normal pve game there was no lag. So i take it thats GameGuard yesterday then ?

2 minutes ago, Ftiris said:

Dont know if you guys are blind or just cant read but NCsoft is planning to upgrade their gameguard...hasnt been upgraded yet

Maybe your blind but

It's ALREADY gone up with improvements and crap like that. Apparently they aren't working to well for people if they are already having issues. 

NcSoft IMO doesn't really care about player feed-back, nor do they listen, I can confirm that with Game-Guard removed the game does play better, and I will never play any game on the market that requires game-guard until changes are made to the program and confirmed by me its just too much of a security risk despite Anti-Virus companies who white list the Root-Kit.

For example I was looking at this https://www.easyanticheat.net/ I installed another game called the culling which required me to install this along with it, but it was respectful about it and told me why it was installing it, and also told me how to uninstall it.

http://faq.easyanticheat.net/content/15/14/en/unistalling-easyanticheat.html

This is how Game-Guard needs to work in games or it simply shouldn't be there.

In addition just playing on the server when game-guard was off I noticed the huge population drop between the time the game launched and now not going to bother with B&S until serious improvements come to the game starting with complete removal of game guard, and moving on to cosmetic items, which should be able to be accessed by all characters on the same account when a user is paying $16.95 a month for wardrobe storage, and then pays $20 for a costume it should be able to be put in storage and traded (Freely) without stamps to alternate characters and such, or just be used on every character at the same time once purchased unlocks account wide.

Over-All this game is great, better than Black Desert in my view, but the decisions NCsoft makes as a company just flat out ruins the game, so I am looking for better MMO's already like Crow Fall, and other games worth the money.

9 hours ago, MaxJz said:

Running without a problem for weeks, today i was having some issues and crashes in the middle of a dungeon, not sure why until i restarted the game and seen the GG logo.

Now i know the reason why im having problems.

Bots and speed hackers still there by the way.

I am back to having constant disconnects from the game, nothing changed on my end -- other than the gameguard update. And yes, tons of new bots leveling their way up through the game. So many in some areas that it literally makes a few quest zones unplayable.

If stuff like GameGuard actually worked to stop botting, I'd be all for it, but it doesn't, this, like so many other games using such systems are completely infested with bots. Instead all stuff like that ever seems to really do is bugger things up for those trying to play normally, people that want to cheat, use bots, and so on are completely unaffected by such things apparently. Then look at TERA, even in it's heyday over here it had no evident script operated spamming, or botting problems, yet isn't using something like GameGuard, XINGCODE, etc. Whatever they are doing, clearly works, so it'd be best to just do what TERA is, and throw this GameGuard junk where it belongs, the trash.

Archived