Sherlock MacDumpster

Obligatory Gameguard Thread

Recommended Posts

So your game was running perfectly smoothly again for the last 2-3 days after you disabled Gameguard (I was having constant freezes even though I'm at a steady 55-60 fps) but since tonight, when it launched again with the start of the game, the CONSTANT freezes are back.

At one point you guys will have to figure your SHIT out, seriously.

Edited by Sherlock MacDumpster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raiya   
11 minutes ago, Sherlock MacDumpster said:

So your game was running perfectly smoothly again for the last 2-3 days after you disabled Gameguard (I was having constant freezes even though I'm at a steady 55-60 fps) but since tonight, when it launched again with the start of the game, the CONSTANT freezes are back.

At one point you guys will have to figure your SHIT out, seriously.

 

Dunno whats going on but atm GG is banished again at least for me along with other problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah because they deactivated it again (Gameguard), they need to find a new protection program thingy, not like that gameguard 

Edited by 853655_1452550230

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lurkios   

Still can't believe what a massive difference having GG disabled makes. How can I program be so incredibly shitty that it cuts framerates by 80%?

 

Turn the crap back off NC, I was enjoying my system running 11C cooler and smooth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lurkios said:

Still can't believe what a massive difference having GG disabled makes. How can I program be so incredibly shitty that it cuts framerates by 80%?

 

Turn the crap back off NC, I was enjoying my system running 11C cooler and smooth.

they turned it off already, awhile ago i guess, i dont have gameguard running right now. game is smooth again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lurkios   
1 minute ago, 853655_1452550230 said:

they turned it off already, awhile ago i guess, i dont have gameguard running right now. game is smooth again

 

Still on for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raiya   

To be honest they probably shut it down again after all the error 4049 complaints as well as the fact the download was blocking players and breaking the game literally.

 

Now if they would only just admit its not working and stop beating this dead horse called GG...............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tyranei   

Once again, NCSoft has decided to re-implement Gameguard and, once again, my game has become almost completely unplayable.  My game is reduced to low FPS and screen freezes every 3 seconds or so.

 

My ability to progress in the game has been hampered to the point where I can not participate in dungeon runs or 24-man content because I do not want to be "that guy" who can't iFrame correctly due to unplayable screen freezes.

 

Thank you NCSoft for re-implementing this useless rootkit that does effectively nothing at detecting bots, hackers and macro-users.  Those playing this game with malicious intent can already overcome Gameguard's restrictions so the only people this affects are legitimate players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unex   

My FPS is still the same after the re-implementation of Gameguard. It might be a different issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, I am also suffering from the "GameGuard side effects" as NCSoft staff calls it. I have posted about this in Bug Reports in the hopes that someone out there has a potential fix, apart from removing GameGuard entirely, which obviously we can't do on our own. The sad dark days of GameGuard returns... I am interested to see if anyone notices a difference in bot population with GameGuard activated, my server certainly hasn't seen a change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meiling   

There won't be a change. If anything, there won't be any bots for a day or two or at least way less then they'll all be back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EasleyRR   

Same here...I just launched the game today, and saw GameGuard pop up.....In the Login screen where u put Pin Code, got disconected like 2-3 times, then managed to log in, after 10 mins got disconnected again, it always generate a different error code/number, and it's like that since then, getting disconnets all the time now...sometimes after 30 mins, sometimes after 10 mins...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaxJz   

Running without a problem for weeks, today i was having some issues and crashes in the middle of a dungeon, not sure why until i restarted the game and seen the GG logo.

Now i know the reason why im having problems.

Bots and speed hackers still there by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tyranei   
2 hours ago, Unex said:

My FPS is still the same after the re-implementation of Gameguard. It might be a different issue.

There was no patch today so its not like they changed anything.  Its the same exact symptoms: a hit to FPS and the screen locks up for half a second every three seconds, on the dot.

 

2 hours ago, Bundicoot said:

Unfortunately, I am also suffering from the "GameGuard side effects" as NCSoft staff calls it. I have posted about this in Bug Reports in the hopes that someone out there has a potential fix, apart from removing GameGuard entirely, which obviously we can't do on our own. The sad dark days of GameGuard returns... I am interested to see if anyone notices a difference in bot population with GameGuard activated, my server certainly hasn't seen a change. 

No change to the bots and spammers.  They were up and running when I logged on.

1 hour ago, RyuueLaview said:

Hav ya tried updating gameguard? Since rikiri said they optimized it. I hope that may help. 

Gameguard automatically updates when you launch the game, if they have it activated.  I noticed I saw it updating/running today when I launched the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Syanonn   

When was this gameguard thing, cause maybe just like 2-3 hours ago, the summoner teleport bots are still in SSP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Syanonn   

Sure aint working, people still complaining about speed hacking summoners in faction chat right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PKaBoo   

got no lags or probs with the gameguard (unlike in the last time that kept getting weird errors every 5~15min x.x)

 

to those that experiencing FPS drops or random crashes due to the gameguard... I don't envy you :\

was really frustrating when the gameguard fked up my game experience :c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tyranei   
1 minute ago, Syanonn said:

When was this gameguard thing, cause maybe just like 2-3 hours ago, the summoner teleport bots are still in SSP

This morning.  They announced Gameguard was re-implemented today and you can notice its being activated again when you launch the game now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When will NCSOFT get off their lazy asses, use the metric ton pile of cash they pretty much scammed out of many players, and use it to, I dunno, create their own damned anti-hack program specific to the game they're using it on?

Something, ANYTHING BUT gameguard. What on this green earth can warrant using GAMEGUARD of all things to protect your game? It makes this already poorly optimized client even more poor for those legitimately trying to play the game, discourage so much as flinching because that's all you need for it to flag suspicious activity on you and close your client, and basically strips your own computer rights from you as it rootkits itself into your files. Not to mention bot and hackers still THRIVE even after a day or two of being cut off.

 

MMOs have bots, badly managed MMOs have thriving bots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lawfer   

coudnt log in for a week, got my account locked, then sent a ticket ..lots of questions, today i recoverd my account , ready to play but GG is back again u.u ,btw they teamed up with carabine studios from wildstar, maybe we will see some changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now