Obligatory Gameguard Thread

Ok like the title says, I keep getting this error msg every time I try to start my game. Ive followed every instruction I could possibly find, deleted GG folder, uninstalled BnS/ Reinstalled, file repair, restarting computer, breaking  laptop screen (well that one was not in the instructions but it happened), re-deleted and installed the game, etc. and nothing works so far.
So Im asking here, does anyone know how to fix this stupid thing? Because this is retarded.

If no one knows nd admins dont post anything i will make a new post every single day I try to open the launcher and fail until they either see me or ban me.

Btw, this is the error I keep getting over and over again:

j0GkKqZ.png

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 877567_1452550445 said:

For people calling Gameguard malware that is ridiculously stupid please stop. As I said before on a decent pc the performance difference with Gameguard running is negligible. My gf who's pc is several years old and 5 times slower than mine doesn't even realize whether it is enabled or not until I mention it.

It is a rootkit, there is no way to uninstall it.  It collects data and does weird stuff in the background just like Malware.

well my group of friends have moved on from BnS  they could not put up with issue after issue after issue.  But I digress They are playing a game called ASTA  -- Korean mmorpg (WOW knock-off it seems)  Well they talked me into playing cause GG won't allow me to play BnS anymore (error 4049 on one computer and stutter/lag/freezes on the other) .

Well I download the game ...  and to my HORROR I see that this game uses GG as well so I am WTF ...  

Well I am in Asta playing with NO BnS GG issues at all ...  they are running nProtect GameMon Rev 2392.  I can connect (others that got the 4049 error in BnS can connect too) I get NO LAG spikes, NO FPS drops and NO screen freezes/stutters.  I forget what GameMon Rev that BnS is using

So it would seem that BnS has created (customized) or altered GG themselves. 

Now I am even more irate that I can't play BnS but I totally understand why NCSoft won't grow a pair and address the community on the issue

B&S Taiwan also use GG; it runs like a dream compared to EU/NA versions. HOWEVER, I'm not letting GG off the hook just yet because it's not a coincidence that every time it gets turned back on my game play experience turns into a nightmare.

Yeah, he means it might be an issue with GG's this specific setup for NcSoft West. Not a bad idea at all, altough I'm not sure how could they "customize" it for their EU/NA version so wrong, but good for other versions...?

Yeah. I understand what OP meant but I thought I'd just clarify what I meant in case I got flamed for defending GG or something; I loathe forum drama. lol

What's really sad is that all B&S team need to do is officially make an honest statement addressing these issues because I think the main fuel behind every angry thread on this forum is the fact that we're ignored and treated like we're nothing. 

2 hours ago, 877567_1452550445 said:

For people calling Gameguard malware that is ridiculously stupid please stop. As I said before on a decent pc the performance difference with Gameguard running is negligible. My gf who's pc is several years old and 5 times slower than mine doesn't even realize whether it is enabled or not until I mention it.

You are making your assumptions based on your own and your gf's experience. Hardly a big sample size. You will find there are plenty of people with "decent" PCs that ARE having problems.

True, but imagine if they addressed every single issue every single time someone is asking about it. Simply impossible. People fail to realise that these issues have already been addressed, answered; yet every hour or so a new thread opens, a new discussion starts about the same topic. Yes, they are working on bots and if you don't believe it, stay at one place for a few days where bots can be seen - I am 100% sure they will be gone in a matter of 2-3 days top. Unless, of course noone reports them; they can last longer then. OR GG; they actually DISABLED it because of the tension around it, patched it around, then released another version (Programmers rhyme: 100 little bugs in the code, work it through, patch it around, 231 little bugs in the code); all because of community feedback. And I am pretty sure it will happen again soon. No need to have more and more topics/threads/anger about it.

But then again so many people here think they deserve everything straight away, just because it's them #entitledmuch

I'm not saying their job to fix every single issues is an easy task believe me or that they haven't addressed certain issues with the B&S community but maybe just suggesting a better approach to customer relations. 

I for one can understand that they can't just wave a magic wand and it be fixed and can patiently wait but I can see why people have an attitude of 'are we even waiting for anything to be done?' 

Also the community doesn't help themselves to be taken seriously either when they just rage a post out of anger. 

Maybe a future stream they could address some of the issues in a manner that would make the community feel like they gave a shit about their player base because that's the general vibe I get from everyone of these threads. They don't understand and they think NCsoft just don't give a shit.

For the previous stream they actually had a Q+A beforehand here, on the forums. Every single person, who asked a rational question got answered; me as well. I think that should be a regular thing, because I, for one really appreciated the effort of not just the streamers, but also who has chosen the questions.

Also, we should not forget, that on Twitter, they do answer your enquiries, and rather quickly if they are free/around. That's the main reason I have followed not just B&S and B&S Ops, but also Jonathan, Rukkiiri, Margaret, and Julienne as well. They do try their best to be there if anyone needs support/answers.

It feels similar to GW2 where the community was extremely unhappy because the devs were responding to questions everywhere but their own official forum.

But I've been wondering how much decision power NCSWest has gotten from the main branch. Like they are responsible for distrubtion and the translation(?) and probably forum maintanance and banning bots? Whereas the main branch in Asia may actually be responsible for most things we in the west are complaining, outside of bots and hacks: game balance, the grind, game guard, cash shop. Again, that's just me wondering. So it could easily be that NCSWest relays the (serious) feedback to the main hq but they simply decide to ignore it for whatever reasons.

38 minutes ago, Franny said:

ThbTrue, but imagine if they addressed every single issue every single time someone is asking about it. Simply impossible. People fail to realise that these issues have already been addressed, answered; yet every hour or so a new thread opens, a new discussion starts about the same topic. Yes, they are working on bots and if you don't believe it, stay at one place for a few days where bots can be seen - I am 100% sure they will be gone in a matter of 2-3 days top. Unless, of course noone reports them; they can last longer then. OR GG; they actually DISABLED it because of the tension around it, patched it around, then released another version (Programmers rhyme: 100 little bugs in the code, work it through, patch it around, 231 little bugs in the code); all because of community feedback. And I am pretty sure it will happen again soon. No need to have more and more topics/threads/anger about it.

But then again so many people here think they deserve everything straight away, just because it's them #entitledmuch

They have not addressed the GG issue with everyone THAT is A problem...  when  your player base can NOT play because of GG issues and they don't publicly address it THAT is a problem. We are not asking for miracles ... okay maybe I am .. I JUST WANT TO PLAY  when GG is off I can play when gg is on I CAN'T play.  And me being upset about it because 1) I can't Play and 2) they are not conveying ANY information that they know their is a problem and they are working on it. No communication at all?  Their announcement that GG was being turned back on was basically a warning for us to drop trough and grab your ankles.  If it works for you great if not then your just stuck out.  

There has not been 1 mod/dev statement about GG other than they are going to re-enable it.

cSlW2uZ.png

If the community team deem it too trivial to address then create a STICKY that actually addresses the issues to let the player base know they are working on it. 

Or I got a better idea create a Test Server and test out GG revisions on there before turning it loose in the wild and ostracizing people that just want to play the game. 

"But then again so many people here think they deserve everything straight away, just because it's them #entitledmuch"

Wanting to play a game you have paid money for  is NOT entitled, My premium time is dwindling away because I can't play it. And what makes is worse is that I can play IF they turn GG off. 

@forJAT I understand your frustration; because of my Internet provider I was unable to play for nearly 2 days and it made me freak out, BUT please try to contact support - my Fiancé was getting disconnect all the time since GG was re-enabled, wrote to support, went through ALOT os steps recommended, and now his game is back to normal. The weirdest part was that we are playing next to each other, with same network, same setup, and I never had problems at all.

So please try to contact CS, they will do their best to help you if you are willing to follow the seemingly useless steps.

Just now, forJAT said:

@Franny I am in contact with them and going through the stages of isolating the problem through A LOT of steps hopefully we can get it up and running again. And I was not lashing out at you. If it appeared that I was I apologize. It is pure frustration that is coming out most of the time from me. 

I know, no worries =) Best of luck, hoping you'll get it fixed as well ^^

@Franny I am in contact with them and going through the stages of isolating the problem through A LOT of steps hopefully we can get it up and running again. And I was not lashing out at you. If it appeared that I was I apologize. It is pure frustration that is coming out most of the time from me. 

5 hours ago, 877567_1452550445 said:

To address like "ridiculously stupid" what other people say without having the minimum knowledge it's not the smart thing to do. Game Guard in fact is a rootkit-like software, it mean it use rootkit exploit to make his job (didn't say what i think for the result). In fact the same NC soft admit is a malware, if you visit their technical support page here https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us/articles/207195096-GameGuard-Errors they suggest to: " If the above does not resolve the issue and the error messages persist, you should verify that you have all firewall or Internet security software disabled." It seems legit the need to disable all firewall or internet security software to a non malware content.

Has anyone else been having this issue or is it just me, i've checked all of my graphic card settings and made sure it was all set up the way i had it before and everything is normal, everything except my fps; that is. It really is hard to play with so much stutter and frame loss.

i think the game useless guard  is blocking us to play but who use bots and hacking accounts is free to play maybe they will create an event who have best bot or who is best hacker in servers  and i have one question did you know is lineage 2 have issues too with GG ?

so what is the point is NCsoft keep this rootkit running 

Think the only thing I'm wondering as this point is when is common sense gonna prevail over bone headed stubborness and just get rid of GG. Really is getting tiring tbh that people continue to complain about performance issues and other problems and the obvious solution is just not being acted on. :/

9 hours ago, 877567_1452550445 said:

It's down to configurations tbh. It's not causing my system much issues atm but if I want to play FFXIV or another game I basically needa restart my machine because it DOES affect performance on other programs. Its also an untrustworthy program for many who have experienced its problematic behaviour in the past. It CERTAINLY caused enough trouble for me to find a bypass around it for aion before NC had the cop on to remove it. Realistically this game is the only new release in the last number of years still using this rootkit and even at that the amount of problems and issues it causes for many others makes me wonder why theyre being so stubborn as to rely on something thats a proven record for causing more trouble than its worth expecially since the hackers and bots are playing unimpeded ANYWAYS.

please remove GG.. I don't know why we still having this stuff, there a lot of hackers, and bots, so what's the point?

Isn't there something more effective that this Game guard?????

Before my game was working just FINE, now, after the last patch, all my computer got stuck, and lag, and all coz GG, and i dont feel secure with this thing doing "stuff" on my computer honestly. 

Side Note: lot of my friends are quiting coz game guard

sry 4 my english :3

Archived