Obligatory Gameguard Thread

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant even do 4 or 6 man dungeons properly anymore. I get these tiny freezes constantly now and my CPU usage has increased by 15-20%. NCSoft needs to find a proper solution because this sure as hell isnt one.

29 minutes ago, AmatsuDF said:

They won't stop using Gameguard, NCSoft has a contract to use it.

They dont have to use it as much as you like to think otherwise. They can most certainly drop it if they wish they're just being stubborn as usual. They've had to deactivate it twice since the game launched because of the simple fact that its a useless piece of crap causing performance issues for their own customers to the point of unplayability. They will deactivate it again before long because if they persist with this stupidity its gonna start costing them financially even moreso than the annoying bots.

I have bought premium membership and clothes from the store. but i stopped playing (already 2 weeks ago) and will continue on doing so until they remove gameguard with something better. i completly removed gameguard and bns itself and my pc performance improved again. this program is seriously suffocating your system

I just don't understand why to even use it. I'm sorry, this may sound like criticizing a developers attempt to stop botting but it's not meant like that: You have a anticheat software that has been used for years, it doesn't stop anyone anymore. That's just the way it is with security. There are much better anticheat tools out there nowadays that don't cause such overall problems to players. It doesn't really matter if you use GameGuard or not and honestly, I think the playerbase doesn't care as much about bots as they care about even having a playable game.

You could just use another one, or am I wrong about that? The only explanation I have to why NCsoft is sticking with Gameguard is that they've signed a contract years ago that said "You may not use any other anti-cheat software except GameGuard" or something like that.

17 hours ago, Praipus said:

After finding this: "NCSoft has announced that they will be dropping GameGuard from the western launch of their upcoming MMORPG, Aion. The flawed Korean anti-cheat software has been heavily criticized for employing root-kit like techniques and conflicting with many hardware configurations. The final straw is thought to have been the stability issues experienced by players during open beta and the community outcry it caused. The decision makes Aion, which recently announced over 400,000 western pre-orders, a real contender in the western MMO market."

FROM 2009. I don't see why NcSoft would add this shit back into a new game.

Yeah, during the threads like this we had during the beta, lots of people mentioned it being removed from Aion as well, so hopefully if we gripe enough here in B&S, they'll drop it here as well.

In regards to the people saying things like "all you need to do is not have a crappy PC," well I'm sure all of us pointing out our having more problems when it's active exceed the requirements for the game, and found it played quite well while GG was disabled. It's nonsense  to say that we all need to brute force our way through this by running it on systems with stats well in excess of what is required, if it can run better when GG is removed, especially when GG still doesn't actually prevent botters, and such like it's suppose to. Also, why don't you want more actual people playing with you, shouldn't you want a healthy player base for the game, or do you prefer the company of bots?

• NCSOFT

Hi,

Thank you all for your feedback. We are compiling all the feedback into one place so it's easier for us to keep track of it.

Please know that we value your opinion and keeping it together makes it easier for us to review.

Team Blade & Soul

17 minutes ago, PhoenixMitra said:

Hi,

Thank you all for your feedback. We are compiling all the feedback into one place so it's easier for us to keep track of it.

Please know that we value your opinion and keeping it together makes it easier for us to review.

Team Blade & Soul

Please remove or Change Gameguard forever, I can't play arena or Cross server no more due to lag :/

20 minutes ago, PhoenixMitra said:

Hi,

Team Blade & Soul

Trust me when I say that if you shut off GG by the end of the day you'll have a much nicer day tomorrow! :)

I'm actually seeing more bots now that gameguard is active again.
Misty Woods is full of them, and it wasn't like this on my server before the re-activation. Which is a good thing, 2 minutes Orderly Bashing :P and they'll lower the soulstones price.
There. I've found a positive in gameguard.

I would recommend all of you who stlil play this game to install speccy or hwmonitor to keep track of your cpu temperature.  After I uninstalled this game I saw my cpu was reaching 100 degree and luckily it was only my cooler I had to replace.  I don't want to blame BnS but with how pushing this game is on the cpu and with that malware gameguard running you can only fear the worse.

2 hours ago, PhoenixMitra said:

Hi,

Team Blade & Soul

Thank you very much for actually responding and letting us know we aren't being ignored! <3 I was starting to think NCSOFT didn't care about us anymore T~T

Nice to see a official response hope you will give Gameguard up for good this time.

even if they claim they can optimize it.

my past experience from other

games is that its not the case.

and those that has the means to bypass it does so with ease.

while the rest of us that not

want to break the rules.

and bypass it gets a far worse game experience.

• NCSOFT

Hi,

This is a quick reminder that merging threads does not delete posts, but simply adds them to the existing main thread.

As mentioned before, your input is valuable to us and we appreciate your feedback - Thank you!

Team Blade & Soul

1 hour ago, PhoenixMitra said:

Hi,

This is a quick reminder that merging threads does not delete posts, but simply adds them to the existing main thread.

As mentioned before, your input is valuable to us and we appreciate your feedback - Thank you!

Team Blade & Soul

My thread was deleted albiet it was merged here but no warning was given. No "locked thread because of merger" warning...

For people calling Gameguard malware that is ridiculously stupid please stop. As I said before on a decent pc the performance difference with Gameguard running is negligible. My gf who's pc is several years old and 5 times slower than mine doesn't even realize whether it is enabled or not until I mention it.

Archived