Obligatory Gameguard Thread

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vote with your wallet. 

And for those who already uninstalled I have to tell you that uninstalling won't get rid of this  rootkit  Gameguard.   You have to go and do a search on how to remove it manually and pray you were able to do it right.

This crap is making me having disconnects again...i'm geting tired.

Find a better anti-hack solution or just freaking remove this GG crap.

Thinking of stop playing this game...i play to have fun, not to get annoyed by the crappy malware called GG.

I'd say with certainty that Gameguard wont last more than a week before they pull it to stop the complaints tbh. As much as they want to otherwise the fact is gameguard is both completely useless in its own right because all it takes is a dll file to disable it and its just downright counterproductive because all it does is basically cause more trouble for lower spec uses. Its not impacting my desktop atm im looking at it right now and its doing nothing tho to be fair my Desktop has a i7 3960X 6 core processor, 2 1TB SSD's and 64GB of ram as well as a pair of 980 TI's (sadly the client doesnt use SLI to utilise the 2nd GPU V_V) but quite a few complaints here are from people with MID level systems as well.

NC is definately watching this because they havent been closing the threads just merging them into one another to keep em in place but tbh it makes no difference to keep persisting with GG. You need to rely on server end detection exclusively to detect actual cheaters as client end anti cheat solutions are easily defeated by experience hackers and programmers. The fact that besides how notoriously easy it is to google your way to a bypass GG is utterly useless in general and this kind of software is obsolete and not fit for purpose in the western market. The likes of FFXIV FFXI WOW TERA etc can rely on methods that dont rely on a rootkit. It was abandoned for Aion, Wildstar doesnt use it and neither does GW/GW2. Best to face facts and find another way around the problem than burning potential customers with a rootkit that is actually only making a poor designed client even worse (i pulled all the mobs for that instance at yeharas mirage and my FPS tanked big time its just not able to handle large amounts of characters at once: GG just compounds the problem even more).

Please NC I want to buy your shiny shiny items but I cant justify doing so when an untrustworthy rootkit is installed right now. Throw in the towel on this self defeating approach its more costly in the long run for everyone.

23 minutes ago, SinofWrath said:

Vote with your wallet. 

And for those who already uninstalled I have to tell you that uninstalling won't get rid of this  rootkit  Gameguard.   You have to go and do a search on how to remove it manually and pray you were able to do it right.

You gotta delete it from the registry as well as nuke the ddl files in the syste32/wow64 windows folders as well as delete directories in the program files to boot to purge it

1 hour ago, AvaAdore said:

Disable gameguard NCsoft..It's not for better gameplay, enough fps drop etc.I don't have high end pc, after they activated the shitty gameguard i have lag inside Arena / Dungeons

I feel you man, Having internet lag inside arena / dungeons after they actives it

10 hours ago, Ariesyris said:

Second of my friends plays BM and is unable to get the timing on their skills that they need due to microstutters. It's pretty silly when the primary focus of your class is rendered unusable by a useless "anti-cheat/hack" measure.

Third of my friends just bailed out of arena because of the same microstutters. They enjoy the game and they want to play it. This doesn't happen except when gameguard is up.

This is my problem on both accounts.  I don't even bother with arena because I know I'll lose a bunch of ranking, which is seriously cutting into my ability to make any gold.  I can barely do dungeons but its a pain in the ass and I end up losing dragonblood hearts from things I can easily survive.  As a BD I should be able to evade the Yeti's cold phase, even if he picks up several icicles but with this microstuttering I can't even dodge one AoE sometimes.  Its extremely frustrating being a non-performing member in a group.

Gameguard is so awesome. What would i without it and its random crashes or PC shutdowns it causes several times a day. I would surely miss it if it would be gone. (incase you havent realized NCsoft: This is sarcasm)

I can't play the game anymore since GG is back...

My ping went from 40-50 to 150-200 and I keep getting DCs every +- 30 minutes...

I asked on my server and a bunch of people have the exact same issue...

Please do something about this T_T

On 3/14/2016 at 10:13 PM, Sherlock MacDumpster said:

So your game was running perfectly smoothly again for the last 2-3 days after you disabled Gameguard (I was having constant freezes even though I'm at a steady 55-60 fps) but since tonight, when it launched again with the start of the game, the CONSTANT freezes are back.

At one point you guys will have to figure your SHIT out, seriously.

I've had nothing but issues with GG. I have noticed a pattern as well. When GG is running there are more Spammers and bots. When it is not active there are barely any spammers and bots...

While Gameguard was not running I had no issues and I saw virtually no spammer or bots. Now that it is on again I am super laggy, I dc during videos and loading seals. I have also noticed a huge influx in Bots and spammers... NCSoft and Dev team you need to address this. It is your responsibility to ensure a great game and security. GG is not the right answer. It hurts so many peoples PC. I am on SOHA server and nearly everyone has these issues. BW, SSP and Grand Harvest is virtually impossible because of the enhanced lag from GameGuard. 

TL:DR Game Guard is causing more issues and people will quit because of the lag, dcig and inability to complete dailies in Silver Frost. Please find another program that actually works and doesn't bog your servers down.

I dropped from relatively stable 40-60 FPS to 20-40 with lagspikes down to 10 (especially in Arena) and have random crashes which really hurt since the dungeons can take relatively long. I didn't see a single change regarding bots/spammers with/without it.

GameGuard raises my CPU usage to 98% and breaks my pump controllers ability to read temperature... so not only is it stressing my CPU (and massively impacting my computers overall performance), thus generating heat... it's breaking the thing meant to deal with heat.

When my system went into thermal shutdown the other day I shouted "!@#$ you NC!" loud enough that my upstairs neighbors are giving me relationship advice for dealing with "Nancy"... Not even joking.

3 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

GameGuard raises my CPU usage to 98% and breaks my pump controllers ability to read temperature... so not only is it stressing my CPU (and massively impacting my computers overall performance), thus generating heat... it's breaking the thing meant to deal with heat.

When my system went into thermal shutdown the other day I shouted "!@#$ you NC!" loud enough that my upstairs neighbors are giving me relationship advice for dealing with "Nancy"... Not even joking.

OMG this both made me laugh but infuriates me even more. Game guard is an outdated program. It may have been one of the first anti-hacking tools but it is now riddled with holes and any decent hacker can bypass Game Guard allowing for easier access for bots and spammer. 

I am not a hacker I just know how they think lol.

Same, the delay currently is so bad that I legit can't get credit for boss kills...

Ever since GG is back my ping (Using WTFast) went from 40-50 to 150-200++, no matter what server I choose

At it's current state the game is unplayable for me. 

I really enjoy the game but at this rate I will have to quit if they don't change it soon

2 minutes ago, TaylorSwiftu said:

Same, the delay currently is so bad that I legit can't get credit for boss kills...

Ever since GG is back my ping (Using WTFast) went from 40-50 to 150-200++, no matter what server I choose

At it's current state the game is unplayable for me. 

I really enjoy the game but at this rate I will have to quit if they don't change it soon

This is by far my favorite mmo ever. Such a beautiful game and well put together. The issue is Game Guard and the rush to catch us up to KR. ( KR has had this game for 5 years so they've had plenty on time to work out bugs) Where as NCSoft is rushing and causing more issues by doing so.

7 minutes ago, FaeQueen said:

OMG this both made me laugh but infuriates me even more. Game guard is an outdated program. It may have been one of the first anti-hacking tools but it is now riddled with holes and any decent hacker can bypass Game Guard allowing for easier access for bots and spammer.

The thing is, it was never good. There has not been one single game using GameGuard where it's actually done what it's advertised to do. Meanwhile, every single game it's ever been used in has had a huge number of users experiencing massive performance decreases and a host of other problems due to the software.

Hell, this same company has disabled it Aion for the exact same reason... Even the Wikipedia article contains more text on the problems it causes than what it actually is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NProtect_GameGuard

I'd love to know what monkey thought adding this steaming pile of crap to B&S was a good idea...

2 minutes ago, Lurkios said:

What IThe thing is, it was never good. There has not been one single game using GameGuard where it's actually done what it's advertised to do. Meanwhile, every single game it's ever been used in has had a huge number of users experiencing massive performance decreases and a host of other problems due to the software.

Hell, even this same company has disabled it Aion for the exact same reason... I have no idea what monkey thought adding this steaming pile of crap to B&S was a good idea...

What I don't understand is why Game Guard is being used in BnS and not Aion. This makes no sense what so ever. If it didn't work in Aion why try it in BnS?!

Arena is unplayable more than 350ms, unable to launch skill when i need to, unable to SS, unable to F when im on the GROUND, unable to counter when Im grab (2), even my supa 5P1N T0 W1N is laggy when I keep pressing my A        ........................................................................................................ GJ NC

Have you ever spend 30 mins in cross server dungeon lobby just to get a bunch of trap teams to run a dungeon and when you're about to kill the final boss your game freezes which needs to be force closed through the task manager. 

Then you gotta run the game again, wait in the lobby for another 20-30 minutes just to do the same dungeon from the beginning hoping that your game wont freeze until you finish the whole run.

But no...

Gameguard will not allow you to finish the dungeon because it will F-up something in your computer that makes the game crash. Although this problem doesn't affect everyone I wonder how much of the BnS playerbase are experiencing the same problem in gameguard and not voicing it out. I wonder if we have an ingame GM that we can message to report a bot or hacker rather than rely that job to gameguard.

6 minutes ago, Hector said:

Have you ever spend 30 mins in cross server dungeon lobby just to get a bunch of trap teams to run a dungeon and when you're about to kill the final boss your game freezes which needs to be force closed through the task manager. 

Then you gotta run the game again, wait in the lobby for another 20-30 minutes just to do the same dungeon from the beginning hoping that your game wont freeze until you finish the whole run.

But no...

Gameguard will not allow you to finish the dungeon because it will F-up something in your computer that makes the game crash. Although this problem doesn't affect everyone I wonder how much of the BnS playerbase are experiencing the same problem in gameguard and not voicing it out. I wonder if we have an ingame GM that we can message to report a bot or hacker rather than rely that job to gameguard.

Well it does affect other players with lag/delay in Cross server like me, Since they active that damn Gameguard and I always lag now in Cross server / arena lobbies -.-

Archived