Obligatory Gameguard Thread

3 minutes ago, iCream said:

please remove GG.. I don't know why we still having this stuff, there a lot of hackers, and bots, so what's the point?

Isn't there something more effective that this Game guard?????

Before my game was working just FINE, now, after the last patch, all my computer got stuck, and lag, and all coz GG, and i dont feel secure with this thing doing "stuff" on my computer honestly. 

Side Note: lot of my friends are quiting coz game guard

sry 4 my english :3

This ^

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please for the love of god if you guys do try to address this problem don't try to update GG again, just remove it. your last so called "optimizations" did nothing but make me hate this game, I can't enjoy it, I was logging about 5 hours a day into this game and now I only have the patience to do my pvp dailies and get off.

Okay back to the original post ... 

BnS is on Gamemon Rev 2390 --- GG does not work

Asta is on GameMon Rev 2392 -- GG works no problem .. 

So either NCSoft has not updated to the newest version or they like I originally said have a customized version running. Either way it is not working 

• NCSOFT

Hi everbody,

Each and every one of your posts is helping us determine the best course of action. Please note that we are merging any threads on this topic and none of your posts are being deleted as we do so. This helps us keep this valid information in one place for our review.

Thank you!

Team Blade & Soul

1 minute ago, PhoenixMitra said:

Hi everbody,

Each and every one of your posts is helping us determine the best course of action. Please note that we are merging any threads on this topic and none of your posts are being deleted as we do so. This helps us keep this valid information in one place for our review.

Thank you!

Team Blade & Soul

Please just turn it off, you are wasting the premium time I paid for.

I am voting with my wallet until you fix this, I stitched it shut.

20 minutes ago, PhoenixMitra said:

Hi everbody,

Thank you!

Team Blade & Soul

I appreciate the fact you didn't delete any post. Said that, now if i can suggest to see some point there are:

- After reactivate GG the bots are gone? answer no

- After reactivate GG several legit players have issues with the game? answer yes

- The player who didn't have problem with GG have problem without? answer i didn't think (for who gonna say they didn't like the bots see the first point)

- The player who are unhappy for GG active can leave the game and you lost potential paying custumers? answer probably yes

- Deactivate GG can make almost all you users more happy? Yes for sure

Really i didn't see why continue to use GG, didn't see any good point in it.

19 minutes ago, PhoenixMitra said:

Hi everbody,

Thank you!

Team Blade & Soul

Its good that you guys are at least acknowledging the issue but theres only one viable course of action and thats to jettison this rootkit. Its completely useless against hackers and cheaters and it always has been. The only thing it accomplishes is to degrade the playerbases experience and generally *cricket* everyone off. Its also not trusted by a vast majority of people. 

Just get rid of it and switch over to server end protection as any client based anticheat is woefully easy for them cheaters to defeat. Its alot harder to defeat server end detection as they cant see whats on your end unless they hacked the server itself and thats somethibg thats on a whole different level not to mention not worth it for them.

29 minutes ago, PhoenixMitra said:

Hi everbody,

Thank you!

Team Blade & Soul

YOU mean you want to cover up the fact that there are THAT many posts about disgruntled LEGIT players that can't play the game ....   /SMH  

It's a freaking GG-GATE 

What worries me is if I am going to wait a month before they finally decide to just shut it off or force an updated version down our throats. Honestly after the first 2 days of people being upset they should have done something.

11 hours ago, 877567_1452550445 said:

For people calling Gameguard malware that is ridiculously stupid please stop. As I said before on a decent pc the performance difference with Gameguard running is negligible. My gf who's pc is several years old and 5 times slower than mine doesn't even realize whether it is enabled or not until I mention it.

You really have NO clue what hell you are talking about do you?  Either that or you are a troll, I am going to take the liberty and assume .... -- Nevermind --- 

GG is crap it does not work ... They turn GG on and people can't log in or if they log in they can't play...  My rig is MORE than qualified to run this game and it WAS running this game great with GG OFF .. .

NCSoft needs to either 1) Quit JACKING with GG (I can run Asta on this box with NO problems however they are on Rev 2392 , 2) Turn the shit off and hire some GMS to police the servers,  or 3) get their heads out of .... the damned sand and address the damn situation.

Am I being salty and pisst off, Your damn right I am .. I pay to play a game I have put quite a bit into and because some lame ass(es) working for a gaming company who doesn't know how to play TIC TAC TOE doesn't have the fortitude to string a series of words together and form sentences to let their player base know what steps they are taking IF they are taking any kind of steps to fix the FUBAR decision someone made

If some of you think you could do so much better, and run a game with out any issues, etc... PLEASE do a "go fund me" or something (that's if you can get enough people on board with your little idea) and do better. Also, please consider that good things take time, sometimes you think its one issue but really its another all they can do is try and try and try, and that is what they're doing, there is NO QUICK FIX. Please keep that in mind.

4 minutes ago, Kitzu said:

If some of you think you could do so much better, and run a game with out any issues, etc... PLEASE do a "go fund me" or something (that's if you can get enough people on board with your little idea) and do better. Also, please consider that good things take time, sometimes you think its one issue but really its another all they can do is try and try and try, and that is what they're doing, there is NO QUICK FIX. Please keep that in mind.

We are on the forums so they can fix it, I would rather have a bunch of bots in my game over not being able to play it at all. the game is like 4-5 years old, there is no excuse for it to run like this and when they are also expecting people to pay for a premium membership they damn well better listen to feedback cause I've basically lost a week of premium over this, so get off your highhorse. The game was fine before Game guard.

1 minute ago, Kitzu said:

Theres no point in trying to white knight in this thread at least. While performance and game engine issues arent as easy when it comes to GG is IS easy which is to throw it in the recycle bin and delete it. Its design and the fact its agressive is what annoys people so much as well as the whole rootkit issues which have been basically blacklisted  except for antiviruses after the whole sony scandal years back.

Grrr....

Has a desktop and a laptop, me and my bro play together. Before they turned on GG, both laptop and desktop had no issues running bns.

After GG, desktop is fine (can actually load into bns be it skipping a frame / stalling a bit).... but the laptop won't run bns cause of that damned error 4049..... (found a way round that stupid error, deleted the entire GG folder, restart laptop, bns launcher and then it redownloads entire GG folder) have to do this everytime we want to play using the laptop!!!!

Srsly annoying as hell !!! 

Either fix GG or turn the broken GG off!!!

P.S. We also play ASTA on laptop and desktop, they use GG, no problems with ASTA so conclusion = bns GG is broken, nothing wrong with our laptop or desktop!!!

2 minutes ago, Rukhal said:

We are on the forums so they can fix it, I would rather have a bunch of bots in my game over not being able to play it at all. the game is like 4-5 years old, there is no excuse for it to run like this and when they are also expecting people to pay for a premium membership they damn well better listen to feedback cause I've basically lost a week of premium over this, so get off your highhorse. The game was fine before Game guard.

The bots are a nuisance but they cant really do much to impact the gameplay itself because of the channels. That and the higher level ones can be banned for greater effect. 

We can deal with the bots as theres ways around them. We cant deal with game performance issues cauzed by gg unless we start using the same methods that the cheaters use to disable it and the fact that they can negate it within a few hours just show how much of a lost cause it is to bother using it.

8 minutes ago, Raiya said:

Theres no point in trying to white knight in this thread at least. While performance and game engine issues arent as easy when it comes to GG is IS easy which is to throw it in the recycle bin and delete it. Its design and the fact its agressive is what annoys people so much as well as the whole rootkit issues which have been basically blacklisted  except for antiviruses after the whole sony scandal years back.

Actually not "white knighting" its just simply MY opinion. LOL I have had no issues because of Game guard so... And yeah, if they can't get a fix for the majority of players maybe they should look into something else. But personally any game that used GG I have never had any issues with.

ANYWAY, doesn't really matter that is just my opinion  and experience.

10 minutes ago, Kitzu said:

That is what a TEST Server is for ...  Common sense tells you NOT to RELEASE anything that can FUBAR your game with out TESTING IT. Even more common sense will tell you the way to deal handling releasing UNTESTED GAME BREAKING items into the game is to stick your head in the sand, merge all topics  and pretend that it is not happening and that it will go away ... 

GG off =  Everyone on can play, Bots can play hackers can play ... we all hate each other but we can all PLAY 

GG on = Everyonne CAN'T play,  Bot still playing, Hackers still playing.  -- /smh 

24 minutes ago, Kitzu said:

You know every commercial activity is based on customer satisfaction? Yes?

For you know i think they do a great job with the game itself, if not i'm just left and didn't wrote a single word about it. But as may i think the game is good i have eyes and brain to see what happen when GG is active and when not, and isn't a matter of time. The fact GG is a malicious software (a software who needed to shut security softwares for work is it) who failed in every game in which it was used.

1 hour ago, Fenkiz said:

You know every commercial activity is based on customer satisfaction? Yes?

For you know i think they do a great job with the game itself, if not i'm just left and didn't wrote a single word about it. But as may i think the game is good i have eyes and brain to see what happen when GG is active and when not, and isn't a matter of time. The fact GG is a malicious software (a software who needed to shut security softwares for work is it) who failed in every game in which it was used.

Yeah, I'm getting really tired of people telling me to "get over it" If it were something I could ignore I would but I actually care if this game does well and I wanna continue to play it.

Don't let this thread die, NC needs to fix this.

Archived