Forums

People are leaving game cuz Silverfrost gear is too expensive.

33 minutes ago, SpartanGamer said:

yeah, well saying you can make 200g+ an hour is a bit misleading since it is assumed you can do it every hour. 

Njah if i could do it everyhour i would have 655 AP atm. Yeah might be but its completely possible. heck even hitting 600g hour is completely possible. Making money in this game like many other mmorpgs is based on luck and hard work. Time to time i get extremely lucky and can make shitloads of gold then i might be extremely unlucky for few days and not able to make anything.

It varies a lot. Took me less than week to get from 500gs to 1300gs + 730venom stingers + 40 silverfrost transformation stones. Now im back to 500gs and pretty much nothing due i upgraded awekened scorpio / true oathbreaker accessories.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/5/2016 at 10:57 PM, WK said:

Would have to agree on this.  The grind in this game is beyond ridiculous.  I only get to play maybe an hour or two before I start getting bored of having to do so many dailies to get such little in reward.  Make matters worse is the soulstone requirements.  Normally I wouldn't mind doing dailies to get these but the faction imbalance on our server makes me not want to step foot in the area.   To me, its not fun to have to play 4-6 hours a day everyday for months on end just to get a decent amount of AP.   I'm currently at 414 AP and I have gotten ridiculed for being considered undergeared even though i know the mechanics.  I play other games besides this one.  So far BnS is becoming less and less appealing.  Only thing I come on for is daily dash and maybe a handful of dailies that yield about 7-8 gold a day.  

The content felt rushed beyond belief and I find myself missing the lvl 45 content.  Being melee and having to deal with optimization issues where one stutter in the FPS could mean the difference between taking massive AOE damage or being able to avoid it.   

Love the game, love the combat, but there are alot of flaws.  

I disagree to this.  none of you people know what true grinding is unless you have played maplestory from 2005-2012. you really dont know what ur talking about.. im talking about hours to days of grinding just to get 1 level. and that increasing as you level up more and more. you cant get any powerfull gear on the game without spending hundreds of real dollars to buy used op gear from other players that cost billions. on blade and soul all of this is given to you and u guys just dont wanna work for this. breeze equivilant gear on other games would cost you and arm and leg to get. i honestly dont know why everyones complaining. a week to get full siren? thats nothing. are u expectign to have it in a day? and the dailies are not even that bad. have you seen the dailies on Tera? not to mention no oens forcing you to do them either,they just there if ur bored. and if ur being laughed at for having 414 ap. its probably because ur trying to do yeti or 4man fangs lair..stop trying to do dungeons that require high ap. knowing the mechanics doesnt mean jack. u may not have noticed but a lot of bosses have enrage timers on them. If the party doesnt kill the boss in a certain time length, they die. so if ur in a party with ur 414 ap and everyone has 500+ ur gonna hold everyone down. whether u know the mechanics or not. and when i say" you guys" i mean anyone who has the same opinion as you or is bothered by the so called "grind" I agree that the game has a lot of flaws, but its not as bad as Tera. there are so many games that are doing way worse. I dont think people should quit the game just because they cant get the best OP gear ASAP

so right now the definition of the word "grind" to most unhappy lazy people is, If i have to work to get my gear, this game is a huge grind.

Nothing in life is free. Let the challenge explode! If its hot you want cold and if its cold you want hot. Earning a higher status by diligently progressing your income to finally get what you have earned is a means of accomplishment rather then a steal. I prefer the rocky roads then a simple hand out. Pity those who threaten a system with higher values so they quit meagerly hoping they would feel justified. Do you know how long it would take to get a dream car? Oh, but this is not a car and yet the means of the principle still apply. Like raising a spoiled toddler and giving them exactly what they want. I prefer the mighty and skilled be seen for their value and merit of their worth not by the means and principles of what they wear. Yet, if they are seen to be garnished in max gear then bravo & good job. that means they busted their a$$ to get what they deserve. Its displeasing to the eye how much scorn is reveled by those who are not worthy and beg for a difference because they are limited and would have the whole world kneel to their level only to meet eye to eye so to gratify their limited needs. But if its one thing you can not change those  who are pervious and mal contempt for their ill wills will never see the truth and marinade and soak in their own self-righteous indignation. Only in the most grimiest cesspool that they mope up from dragging what ever little false-pride and bearing they can from their negative pestering pit, where ever the hell that is/ let your words fall to deaf ears because I am like you but better and you hate it.

1 hour ago, Hatsunya said:

Njah if i could do it everyhour i would have 655 AP atm. Yeah might be but its completely possible. heck even hitting 600g hour is completely possible. Making money in this game like many other mmorpgs is based on luck and hard work. Time to time i get extremely lucky and can make shitloads of gold then i might be extremely unlucky for few days and not able to make anything.

That is not making 600g per hour, that is making 600g from 60 hours of investment. There is no activity which provides anywhere near 600g/hour of rewards, or 200g/hour. Farming 4-mans with good gear is not going to earn but about 20g/hour on average, and that requires that you already have invested 500+ hours of grind getting yourself up to spec to do so.

6 minutes ago, Kuraudo Sutoraifu said:

Nothing in life is free. Let the challenge explode! If its hot you want cold and if its cold you want hot. Earning a higher status by diligently progressing your income to finally get what you have earned is a means of accomplishment rather then a steal. I prefer the rocky roads then a simple hand out.

Two important factors:

1. Most people have lives and jobs which are a bit more important than grinding. Sorry, but your need to feel special for grinding all day is outweighed by the public good.
  2. Grinding is not challenge in any way, shape or form.

Everyone just wants nice things handed to them..apparently a week or 2 to get a certain set of gear is too much to handle. I mean if you people want the Breeze gear that badly. just take out your wallet and buy a ton of NC coins, sell it all for gold. and theres your funds ,"instant" breeze gear. all you have to do now is buy the materials and boom boom boom, upgraded to true breeze

23 minutes ago, HUnewearl said:

That is not making 600g per hour, that is making 600g from 60 hours of investment. There is no activity which provides anywhere near 600g/hour of rewards, or 200g/hour. Farming 4-mans with good gear is not going to earn but about 20g/hour on average, and that requires that you already have invested 500+ hours of grind getting yourself up to spec to do so.

Two important factors:

1. Most people have lives and jobs which are a bit more important than grinding. Sorry, but your need to feel special for grinding all day is outweighed by the public good.
  2. Grinding is not challenge in any way, shape or form.

Originally I NEVER SAID i made 600g / h. I said i was capable of doing that per day but its possible to do in hour too. Log in for 1h do my stuff for hour and get lucky. Then its 600g / h. Heck you can even do 5k / 10mins if you get lucky. Get freaking 5k pouch from rat. Its not reliable income and it varies but back to point originaly i never said 600g / h. Had to check what i wrote days ago so someone just pulled that from their arse

When levelling, you should reasonably be able to use a weapon designed for the level. For instance, at level 42 you should use a level 42 weapon. At level 45, you should be able to use a 45 weapon.

However, as the game is designed you can't start using a 42 weapon until you're 45, and the 45 weapon you can't use until you've finishes all quests in the game. This is silly.

They need to give everyone the technique for merry potters, lower upgrade costs to match average gold at each level, and give moonwater stones in appropriate story quests and surveys. They also need to change the oathbreaker chain to be 1 transformation stone each up until +10 True Oathbreaker.

Let end game (Breeze and above) be end game, and don't force people to do Silverfrost in such pathetic gear.

1 minute ago, Hatsunya said:

Originally I NEVER SAID i made 600g / h. I said i was capable of doing that per day but its possible to do in hour too. Log in for 1h do my stuff for hour and get lucky. Then its 600g / h

You are suggesting using a rate to define an amount. Your proclamation is no more useful than saying "I sold a skill book for 200g in 1 second; therefore, I made 720,000g per hour and 17,280,000g per day!". It is technically true, but totally useless and generally nonsensical. If you want to say that you can make 200g at a whack, that makes sense, but a one-off gain is not a valuable indicator of gold acquisition rate. You must consider the rate at which that incident occurs, which is very rare. Farming 4-mans generally rewards with you 2-4 stingers per run, with other drops divided out among the number of participants and the rate at which they are found. For example, 4 players farming a 200g book with a 1% chance of dropping only earn an average of 50 silver per person per run -- that ain't a whole lot.

Whoa whoa HUnewearl (Hunter Newman Female) from Phantasy Star Online, awesome game and I loved every bit of it. Little interesting that these words would be coming from you considering how much of a grind that game was. Please do not put words in my mouth as to give new meaning for your appraisal. To first back your statement of some having jobs only delineates the obvious as most of us do. So as I not need to hoard the greater good of the public from you I never said that grinding was in any form the challenge as you so casually blended my remarks rhetorically adding it involves no skill for whom knows whatever purpose you sought in it. My whole message merely suggest from me since it literally falls on some who understand and those who choose not to that I too work non stop and I too have little time and I do not let it stop me. Why, because I believe those who invest more time accomplishing goals in the game should stand out in their own plateau rather then to needlessly disregard favoritism mainly because of the majority may seek to disempower their original stature and give no value to the hard working gamer be that a grind or not. Others including my self who unfortunately aren't as lucky with time due to the real world circumstances can not simple be placed on the high-horse and use it as a means to excuse oneself to justify as a means to get whatever they want just because everyone is in favor of it. I just don't want everything changing for the easier then hearing how simple of a task it was to get. Learn to save compared to spend basic principles in life that we all will eventually need to follow. I agree and understand what you mean by its not skill to grind but their lies a weakness nevertheless the tolerance to go a certain distance and achieve a task that some would fail to do simply because its not served to them. They fear the extent of how far they would have to be willing to climb knowing that they may not ever have the time to reach that pinnacle. Let fortune favor the bold and those that can never go where those who choose to explore be earthbound. Lol greater good.... tsk tsk more like spoil and hell either way I win makes things easier right screw joe some who worked his a$$ off anyone can do that right...

On 4/5/2016 at 3:50 PM, Altros said:

If you're going to allude to my spreadsheet then you should probably read it.  I update the unit costs on the spreadsheet at least once a day.  Furthermore, it doesn't exist to give you a real-time cost but an idea of the cost.  It's meant to show that that is a cost of 6k gold, either in liquid or equity, to go from true pirate wep & true siren acc to fully upgraded.

I agree that prices on most things has dropped.  In fact, prices on literally everything except Frozen Venom Darts and Silverfrost Frost has dropped noticeably since 50 hit.  Frozen Venom Darts, however, seem to have decided to hold strong at 2-2.3G each on NA.  These are, by far, the biggest contributor to the high prices.  Assuming you don't buy tablets, the darts make up nearly 62% of the cost by themselves.

Meanwhile, if you look at BnS CN you'll find that they need just over 10% the amount of darts we do for upgrading.  If we estimate that at 15% our dart requirement that would shave ~52.5% off of the cost which would put the upgrade cost at a more achievable cost of roughly 3k.  Is that still a lot?  Sure.  However, it's significantly more achievable.  I'd even go so far as to say it's significantly more reasonable given the rate NCWest seems to think we need content.  If we had 6 months in this current content I would be completely fine with the current prices.  I just highly doubt NCWest will give us that much time.  We probably have a couple weeks more before the next content hits.

sorry. I hadn't been able to respond. A mod disagreed with a statement I made and instead of verbalizing his side of the argument like an adult I was temp banned:/. My main argument though is many of the items are farmable at a fraction of the expense and the spreadsheet only adds to the people who think these are unobtainable. The fact is, if you play around 3 hrs a day you can upgrade to full breeze without an issue within a relatively short time frame. Ive had my breeze weapon almost 2 weeks now. Regarding my earlier comment that apparently one person found offensive...if you like I could provide research and documentation arguing my standpoint. In no sense was this "hate-speech". Please don't be ignorant towards research/science/investigations. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean its automatically "hateful". Lets all act our age here please.

• 2 weeks later...

Just because you got force fed content does not mean you should have requirements lowered. 

Just because you got force fed content does not mean you should be gearing up in double quick time compared to other regions. The content is going to remain there.

Are you playing on the CN server or the NA server? Do you know how far into the game and updates the CN server is? People on that server are WAAAAAAY past the gearing stage of silverfrost. That is why prices of materials have gone down because demand is lower. Simple supply and demand economics.

How old is your 50 content? Barely a month and you are complaining about prices. You expect prices to be the same on NA vs Asian servers? Your game is in its nascent stages. Everybody is in the gearing up phase. If you want to join the mass stampede to upgrade gear, sure, join in the stampede to pay inflated prices. Nobody's stopping you. YOU MAKE THAT CHOICE. NOBODY FORCED YOU TO MAKE THAT CHOICE. 

The price of 2-2+G per dart is about right, that was the price of darts when CN first got its silver frost content. What is so special about it right now? You playing the special snowflake card cause you are NA?

CN requirements are lower? SURE!
Do you know that you have a chance of failure at every stage of the upgrade? Do you know you need buy evolution mercury to get a guaranteed upgrade/evolution?
It is a simple tradeoff. Make it harder to gather materials to upgrade, but guaranteed success upon upgrade or evolution. OR make it easy to gather materials and introduce RNG failure like CN. Go pick your poison.

I am pretty sure you would go the 1st route, given the INFAMOUS intolerance for RNG and constant tooting of the P2W horn on NA. So suck it up and live with it. You have GUARANTEED success at upgrade/evolution. or would you rather fail again and again? Think of the difference as a price to get a successful upgrade or evolution mercury if it helps you visualize.

You would be fine with prices if the content had 6 months? You only have 3 months now? 

Is the content going to disappear after 3 months? Is Asura going to call it quits after 3 months cause lotsa people bashed him up in those 3 months? Are the snakes in frozen fang lair going to die in 3 months so its not doable after 3 months? Is Yeti going somewhere after 3 months?

Did emerald village disappear? Is Pinchy gone? They're all there and are still there, ready to welcome you with open arms if you would just pay a few coppers or silver to teleport yourself there, or even take the effort to enter those instances. You are free to go farm materials from those areas there if you need them

People are STILL doing all these contents on the Asian servers even after all these YEARS. What makes NA so special? Playing the special snowflake card again? 

All you saying in these convoluted arguments masquerading as informed discussion is

1. I want things right here, right now fast
2. I am entitled to have things my way
3. I am the biggest @#%! in town 
4. Things should be cheaper coz I want them to be
5. I want to be the best without making any sacrifices
6. I want to be handed everything to me on not just a silver platter, but perhaps even a gold or platinum one

Or are you so lost in trying to come up with these convoluted arguments that you cannot somehow see 1-6 are exactly what you are REALLY TRYING TO SAY and are afraid to say.

You have ALL THE TIME in the world to get all the materials that you want and at cheaper prices then cause the gear upgrade stampede is over and prices have normalized due to abundant supply of materials on the market. In fact, you will be upgrading faster, multiple stages at a time, getting more bang for the buck.

You want to be standing around with bragging rights in town? On the cutting edge of gearing? Well, there is a price to pay, the RELEVANT MARKET PRICE at that point in time.

This RELEVANT MARKET PRICE adjusts itself in accordance with the demand in the market and will be lower once majority of the people are geared up.

Just quit complaining. If you hate the game so much just quit. Nobody is stopping you. You have the freedom of choice like every other player, myself included to stop playing whatever we don't like. Don't like the prices, come back again when feel it is something you can stomach and are comfortable with. 

I just want to be able to play SSP and get drops. So far, the most fun place in the game on my server with all the folks being there, chatting and playing together. All I can do is kill 8 sentinels on the outskirts. That really bugs me. The dungeons, I can't care less.  :(

On 4/17/2016 at 11:48 PM, plasticmemories said:

Everyone just wants nice things handed to them..apparently a week or 2 to get a certain set of gear is too much to handle. I mean if you people want the Breeze gear that badly. just take out your wallet and buy a ton of NC coins, sell it all for gold. and theres your funds ,"instant" breeze gear. all you have to do now is buy the materials and boom boom boom, upgraded to true breeze

And ppl buying gold from bots. And because more gold needed, more bots appear. Who dont have money, they just hack or start a bot or two. 

Normal people are leaving and thats cause the game turned more into P2W.

Just a matter of time when there is only those people left and when they see that everyone left sits on a "high horse" with ALL gear updated, then some of them will leave too. Cause now they are not "special" any more.

Everyone makes choices. I am not leaving the game for another month or two. And I do not see an enjoyable way to gear up. The key is "enjoyable". All and all, for what I spent on BnS, $10 to unlock the mail, and so far 1 month sub (maybe another, not sure yet), it was wildly entertaining.

Some game content I am interested in is inaccessible with the gear I can put together. While I can see how getting the BiS gear is attractive as it make a player uber-powerful, the pleasures it provides, for me are not worth the real money, and, well, my time.

I am not interested in 'Puff! You get it!" solution. I do like earning things. If someone told me that I will get a million dollars if I dig a trench 5 km long and 3 meters deep with my bare hands, well, I'd do it. I won't do it for a 100 bucks though.

It's a game. I want a game to be both fun and rewarding to play. Once it is not one of those things, the activity has no point. Well, I guess it helps develop reflexes. Or, maybe when I retire, it will help to push back dementia.

I do not think I am interested in playing to get materials for the upgrade after the one I am going to be doing on Wednesday. I'll do what fun things I can do with that gear, and toy around with a few alts. Once that starts getting boring, or game depopulates so I cannot level on my server/find x-server dungeons, I'll bid BnS a fond farewell.

Great game, but I'd rather try something new. I am not interested in a thing simply because it's hard to get. I need to want that thing, and be willing & able to afford it. In BnS, I don't think I will experience a sense of joy in getting gear much longer. The process erodes the anticipation and the drive.

For me.

I understand how others in different circumstances find it engaging and approach it as a fun challenge.

I feel ya..I'm at Siren and farming like a *cricket*, so your way ahead of me and I have no words of comfort there, but for your girl tell her she can get the hair at the acheviment vendor for 100g, Valor stones and fabric...I think she can buy fabric for like 3g each, so I would not bid over like 120g (@work but she can look up how many and cost) for that hair in group and get it there if it's a deal breaker for her

• 2 months later...

i agree with u i did hard time to farm and nothing happen its not that always u lucky specially in pouches that give always shit items to me evryday and im sick of it and 1 thing more the weapon makes u a lot of pain to upgrades. i wanna get the scorpio but i fails 3x to get it i wanna make instant get alot of gold and im expecting bns could help in gold that give 1000g if u are lucky but evry pouch which evryday  i get is 1g -_-  and i feel that so stupid this game can be only worth to ppl who use money and leech ppl  to rich ppl this is to much waste time of me abandoning this game is only way to forget the hard time that u do in the game evryday that like 24/7 hours and u still *cricket* up for having those expensive mats.. iknow wat u feel man for those ppl who think it was easy go on have fun and use alot of money or become a leeches and dont act like u do hard time farm and pretend u do a lots of works in dillydally quest cause we know u all just cheat using money or leeches maybe i would say this to it will be mean but *LEECHES* is more into *GIRLS* why? because they gonna have look cute to rich ppl and they going get in relationship in the game and the girl has fully secure to become leech to hes boyfriend in the game and have all things so seems easy  to her and pretend that they do a lot of hard work to advice to other ppl 

Archived