People are leaving game cuz Silverfrost gear is too expensive.

Silverfrost apart (which I agree is way, WAY too expensive - people aren't gonna play one month without being able to do a single little upgrade), new players now are the most screwed of all.
Economy is terrible right now, when I leveled up my main moonwater transformation stones were a little more than 5g (now they're over 7), soulstones 20s (now they're 40). And it was already too expensive at the time.

Plus the whole screw up on siren and pirate emblems.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, xtclikeafox said:

With prices drastically lowering by the day just wait a week. No one needs everything immediately. And making a spreadsheet about the market prices is absurd. Its the equivalent of me making a spreadsheet regarding current stock prices and putting it out next week(since most people on here didn't read it the day you posted it). The information has already been long outdated so was a waste of time.

If you're going to allude to my spreadsheet then you should probably read it.  I update the unit costs on the spreadsheet at least once a day.  Furthermore, it doesn't exist to give you a real-time cost but an idea of the cost.  It's meant to show that that is a cost of 6k gold, either in liquid or equity, to go from true pirate wep & true siren acc to fully upgraded.

I agree that prices on most things has dropped.  In fact, prices on literally everything except Frozen Venom Darts and Silverfrost Frost has dropped noticeably since 50 hit.  Frozen Venom Darts, however, seem to have decided to hold strong at 2-2.3G each on NA.  These are, by far, the biggest contributor to the high prices.  Assuming you don't buy tablets, the darts make up nearly 62% of the cost by themselves.

Meanwhile, if you look at BnS CN you'll find that they need just over 10% the amount of darts we do for upgrading.  If we estimate that at 15% our dart requirement that would shave ~52.5% off of the cost which would put the upgrade cost at a more achievable cost of roughly 3k.  Is that still a lot?  Sure.  However, it's significantly more achievable.  I'd even go so far as to say it's significantly more reasonable given the rate NCWest seems to think we need content.  If we had 6 months in this current content I would be completely fine with the current prices.  I just highly doubt NCWest will give us that much time.  We probably have a couple weeks more before the next content hits.

7 minutes ago, Bignaturalplays said:

people still saying do dailies lol.  some people have life not to do 40 boring dailies everyday to make gold. right now only people who can get full 50 content gear are botters and gold buyers

Nobody said you need to do 40 dailies. And nobody needs to spend 10 hours per day either. My casual friend only spends 4 hours and he makes good gold, more than 40g at least in a day.

9 minutes ago, Exposing Hackers said:

Nobody said you need to do 40 dailies. And nobody needs to spend 10 hours per day either. My casual friend only spends 4 hours and he makes good gold, more than 40g at least in a day.

Making 40G a day, it would take your friend ~146 days to achieve current max gear (not including soul) assuming he's already at true pirate wep + true siren acc.  Keep in mind that there is a lot more gear higher than what is currently available and that we probably have a lot less than 146 days before the next content hits

Just now, Altros said:

Making 40G a day, it would take your friend ~146 days to achieve current max gear (not including soul) assuming he's already at true pirate wep + true siren acc.  Keep in mind that there is a lot more gear higher than what is currently available and that we probably have a lot less than 146 days before the next content hits

That's his problem, not mine. Casuals shouldn't be anywhere near normal players in gear in the first place. Peeps gonna earn their way to the top mate.

i make roughly 7 gold a day in the game because i do have a life outside the game :-)

that's about 4 dungeons, some soulstone dailies, and mushin's tower. sometimes i earn less as i bid on items i need. i dunno how u can make 40g a day within a really limited time, bidding on items u need in dungeons, and saving soulstones for upgrades - u need a crapload of them o.o

3 minutes ago, Exposing Hackers said:

That's his problem, not mine. Casuals shouldn't be anywhere near normal players in gear in the first place. Peeps gonna earn their way to the top mate.

I can see so much friendship in this post.

On a more serious note.  Yes, BnS is more geared towards a hardcore audience.  It was not made for a casual playerbase.  The only issue is with the prices theses upgrades are currently at, I'd estimate that only 5~10% of the player-base is going to be able to keep up with content.  Yes, those are the elites.  Yes, those people earned (though some bought) their way there.  None of that matters if this phases out the remaining 90% of the playerbase over the next year.

Ultimately it's NCWest's decision to make.  If they leave it like this then I'll sit down and grind out my gear slowly.  I'll probably never achieve BiS unless my statics get really lucky with drops but that's fine.  The grind is part of this game.  I'd just be pretty bummed if a game I've waited 6 years for died because NCWest didn't want to adjust it to fit NA's demand.

On 4/5/2016 at 6:12 PM, weridhamster said:

Breeze weapon. Costs 600G. What else that I have to say?

And, we cannot go to Asura that will be updated in next patch... (not sure when) without breeze weapon.

Moreover, we need awakened Scorpio belt for Asura debuffs. and that belt itself costs 300G.

so 1000G for asura? Are you serious?

now 50% of my friend list is gone...... everybody is leaving game cuz of crazy price.

I even saw my GF almost leaving game cuz of *Cricket* BSH hair being 200G.

1. The problem is/was the pace of releasing new contents.
Other regions had the ample time to prepare. Few to No unnecessary pressure of any sort.

2. Another thing is the AP-Trending Culture. Once a new update is released together with its new gear upgrades, players increase/set the bar higher for AP requirements doing contents.

These things changed a lot of perspective and feel to the game for others.
Pressure of being behind and/or not to be able to catch is overwhelming.

3. Anyone can just say farm this and farm that but not everyone can do 6-8hours of gameplay to efficiently get things done as it is required on current meta and pace.

Peeps needs to acknowledge that and stop dissing players for not doing this and that. getting 15g/day is a 40/40 daily run. Just think how long would that be.

Doing SSP requires proper gear. cant go there below 50k HP and less than 420-430AP at least for melee in order to properly damage and get credit for the mobs and not dying at the same time. Then consider a lot of fps drops etc.

4. We need to acknowledge that the game is not newbie, alt and casual friendly. Unless you Pay to Progress as I stated on my other post.

*comment not all directed to OP. just quoting for topic reference.

Only little crybabies cry over prices. Expansion has been out for couple of weeks everything goes for high price for like month then it start adjusting to lower and lower.

If someone is doing dailies for money then leave. Theres no such mmorpg (atleast that i've played) which would make players rich just by doing dailies.

Yeah some stuff is booring to do but everything is for bigger picture and enjoyment of game.

Lets see what you guys get without spending single gold coin

Soulstones, Moonstones these materials are essentials and you can farm hundreds of them per day yes hundreds.

Lets see crafting silverfrost trans stones requires 250-260 soulstones, some moonstones and other materials that dont almost at all.

So now we have 50% of materials gathered. Now only problem is naryu tablet and frozen venom dart which will drop in prices later on. Naryu tablets can drop from dungeon reward boxes and each day youll get frozen venom darts from daily rewards.

Top of that in one week you guys can have EVERYTHING else than naryu tablets and darts to upgrade your weapon and few accessories. So wheres the problem? Your attitude. "BWAHAHA I DONT WANT TO MAKE EFFORT TO GET MY GEAR I WANT FREE LOOT I WANT BOXES WHEN I DING TO 50 I GET EVERYTHING bwahahha tears"

Top of that theres no such content that requires you to have max gear. Expensive stuff is just for show to those who want to minmax and are spending lot of time in game.

True Breeze weapon 16AP more than true pirate. Awekened scorpio 15 AP more than True Breeze.

Each player can easily reach +500AP without going True Breeze.

My warlock had 489 AP HM 3, no ap achie. If i was HM 5 and kept doing dailies or even HM 6 i would've easily got 500 AP but well meh i dont like doing dailies due they're waste of my time till i've fully upgraded gear which should be in week or two

37 minutes ago, Nattia said:

i make roughly 7 gold a day in the game because i do have a life outside the game :-)

that's about 4 dungeons, some soulstone dailies, and mushin's tower. sometimes i earn less as i bid on items i need. i dunno how u can make 40g a day within a really limited time, bidding on items u need in dungeons, and saving soulstones for upgrades - u need a crapload of them o.o

It honestly doesn't take a long time to do dailies to make about 25~30g a day.

Just need to find what quests give a high amount of gold and find the most efficient way in doing it.

I play for 3 hours(maybe 4) a day and am able to make at least 20g just from dailies and about 10g from selling Frozen Dart Venoms(since they are about 2g each right now on NA).

15 hours ago, Zuzu said:

Just need to find what quests give a high amount of gold and find the most efficient way in doing it.

I play for 3 hours(maybe 4) a day and am able to make at least 20g just from dailies and about 10g from selling Frozen Dart Venoms(since they are about 2g each right now on NA).

A 6/4man purple dungeons is about 15-20mins.
SSP is 45minutes from capturing.
blues takes 10-15mins.
new 24man is insanely long.

Can u list down your dailies that gives you 30g a day?

22 minutes ago, Hatsunya said:

So now we have 50% of materials gathered. Now only problem is naryu tablet and frozen venom dart which will drop in prices later on. Naryu tablets can drop from dungeon reward boxes and each day youll get frozen venom darts from daily rewards.

Top of that theres no such content that requires you to have max gear. Expensive stuff is just for show to those who want to minmax and are spending lot of time in game.

If other regions of the game are any indication then frozen venom darts won't go down in price.  Assuming our version continues to have the same dart requirements as BnS KR/JP then you will always need increasing amounts of them.  There will always be an extremely high demand for them so long as people are still upgrading gear.

Currently nothing requires maxed gear.  This is true.  The next wave of content can probably still be done with a true pirate weapon.  The stat requirements for the next wave of content is: 15% piercing, 120% accuracy.  Those stats are just to guarantee that you do the maximum damage your other stats allow.  Point is, however, that beyond that, true pirate probably won't be enough anymore.  If the majority of the playerbase can't afford to upgrade now, I doubt they'll be able to afford upgrading later.

As a fun fact, to fully upgrade to our current max upgrades you need 1510 Frozen Venom Darts.

14 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

i will need venoms, so i'm saving them :x i do the most profitable instances.... i play the way i find the most entertaining, that is i prefer doing dungeons 

36 minutes ago, Hatsunya said:

Only little crybabies cry over prices. Expansion has been out for couple of weeks everything goes for high price for like month then it start adjusting to lower and lower.

If someone is doing dailies for money then leave. Theres no such mmorpg (atleast that i've played) which would make players rich just by doing dailies.

Yeah some stuff is booring to do but everything is for bigger picture and enjoyment of game.

Lets see what you guys get without spending single gold coin

Soulstones, Moonstones these materials are essentials and you can farm hundreds of them per day yes hundreds.

Lets see crafting silverfrost trans stones requires 250-260 soulstones, some moonstones and other materials that dont almost at all.

Top of that in one week you guys can have EVERYTHING else than naryu tablets and darts to upgrade your weapon and few accessories. So wheres the problem? Your attitude. "BWAHAHA I DONT WANT TO MAKE EFFORT TO GET MY GEAR I WANT FREE LOOT I WANT BOXES WHEN I DING TO 50 I GET EVERYTHING bwahahha tears"

True Breeze weapon 16AP more than true pirate. Awekened scorpio 15 AP more than True Breeze.

Each player can easily reach +500AP without going True Breeze.

My warlock had 489 AP HM 3, no ap achie. If i was HM 5 and kept doing dailies or even HM 6 i would've easily got 500 AP but well meh i dont like doing dailies due they're waste of my time till i've fully upgraded gear which should be in week or two

You sound like someone who plays 12+hours a day - you do realize that is a tiny minority of players, right?  With the pace at which content is being released coupled with a growing segment of the community with an elitist attitude (mostly requiring a ridiculously high AP to join any group) I don't blame people for being concerned and discouraged.  It doesn't help that people can buy their way to the top (legitimately,) either.

8 hours ago, VRock said:

Simply do all 3 purple dungeons for daily gold and then do mushin tower, naryu lab, tomb of exiles and do misty woods for soul stones. Thats like 15 gold already and then just 3v3 tag match until u get 8000 zen beans cash out on soulstones and sell them. You made around 50 gold a day in less than 5 hours. (would have made 70+ gold but soulstone prices dropped in NA) Edited 3 hours ago by Dezra

Yeah that's ALL!  In around 5 hours a day you can make an easy 40 gold!  I don't know why you ppl are complaining... it's only like getting a 2nd job.

5 hours ago, xtclikeafox said:

And if you could have the max gear available for playing 2 hours max/day then anyone that plays for longer would have nothing to work towards.

Too many people relying on new gear stats as a crutch to compensate for misplaying. If you take the time to learn the mechanics you can easily do any of the new content without upgrading to the new gear as several other commenters have pointed out(including 4-manning heroic dungeons).

Our upgraded gear is more of an award for hard work. Not, in any way, a requirement to progress through the game.

I use to play soccer for a couple days a week with friends. Never once have I expected FIFA to award me with a world cup trophy. Because I don't need the trophy to have fun and play well. And I also never put in the time and effort that a professional futbol player puts in.

I am in NO way saying you should get top/max gear in 2 hours a day... but what I am saying is if it takes a more casual player 2 weeks to see "any" type of increase, they'll find another game. People who put 2-3 hours daily into a game need to see SOME improvement, rather than only be reminded they're getting nowhere.

There has to be things a more casual player can believe they can attain, and get there without the feeling he has a 2nd job.

Do you ppl REALLY think it's FUN to run a dungeon 3 times today that you have already ran 3 times a day for the last 2 months? Or do you enjoy doing the exact same 12 things (4 dailies, Mushins, 6 pvp dailies, etc) for 5-6 hours today that you did yesterday?

The game needs to have more things to DO  that give the same rewards...

One of the major issues is that our upgrade costs are in no relation to the speed we get content.

We had a crowd that was at fully True Siren/Pirate gear - and a Crowd (probably much larger) that might or might not have gone not past upgrading their weapon.

Several problems here are:

- People that can new content get fewer and fewer each update - as they simple can not catch up.

- The people that can farm new content will continue to make a crap ton of money.

- The people that can farm the new content, will lock out people from getting credit on any open world zone, thanks to the extremely stupid 1% requirement.

It will get worse from this point on if upgrade costs are not changed - or patch speed stays at fast as it is. That's simple a fact. People are already leaving, you can easily notice that on how many channels are active at any given time.

As a casual player i think ahead enough to sell my darts now expecting them to decline as people fulfill their requirements.

I think the problem isn't the content but the mindframe of the players, I can clear all 3 heroics daily in a party with 430 AP. Granted i benefit from the organization of a Clan with Discord though but still, its not like there's nothing i can't do without the BiS.

Aside from well.... soulstone plains. Thats the blatant exception, i can't dps hard enough to get kill credit cause the zerg rush. Thats the only instance i've experienced where the current reasonably accessible gear has held me back.

They definitely need to reduce the requirements, like I don't know who is in charge of this and thought it was a great idea but it is honestly ridiculous... You need SO many soul stones to just make MWTS, let alone the additional which is required to upgrade any gear or use any purple to feed your gear/soulshield or transmute elements. At least now there's more options on how to do dailies/obtain gold but soulstones? You either spend your day in arena which cuts into time spent on dailies for gold, or go to the plains and pray to the internet gods that you don't lag to shit trying to throw down some kind of dps all to obtain what? 100 soulstones a day out of the thousands you actually need?  For ONE character?

And the darts afterwards....

I understand working for your gear, I have always enjoyed working for it and wouldn't want to be handed it to me, but damn can you tone it down a bit? I'd like to enjoy more than one class

49 minutes ago, Bumlife said:

A 6/4man purple dungeons is about 15-20mins.
SSP is 45minutes from capturing.
blues takes 10-15mins.
new 24man is insanely long.

Can u list down your dailies that gives you 30g a day?

Note before I go on: I said 20g from dailies alone and 10g from Venom darts. So I'll be listing what dailies give me 20g a day.

Mushin's Tower 1~8.2 - about 4.4~4.5g; about 20~30mins depending on if I mess up or take my time.

Awaken Necro - 3.9g; about 15min~20mins

Lair of the Frozen Fang - 2.25g; about 10mins

Yeti Den - 2.25g; same as necro's time

So with these 4 places alone we're at about 1 hour and 20mins or so with about 14g gain already. Continuing.

Frostscale Basin - about 2g; about 15mins

Shiverstone dailies - about 3.5g; 15~20mins

I'll stop here since it's about 19.5g gain, give or take a few silver since I mostly rounded up. Now let's see the total time. Almost 2 hours, give or take some time depending on your class(I'm a KFM so Shiverstone dailies takes a bit of time for me).

I mostly skip 24man dungeons unless I'm with my clan since Nightshade and E.Fleet are completely dead nowadays and Beastbog is just a waste of my time unless I get a taxi to a Bay Lee spawn. I could also throw in a Naryu Labyrinth run which is about 30mins for 2.2g but I'm usually lazy to do it.

Also mind you, this is gold gain from a premium member view point. I don't know the gold gain for non-premiuem players.

What I don't understand is that NcSoft is releasing content so fast but sometimes even doubled bosses HP, cut down on gold income & don't really do anything to lower upgrade prices. If they want us to rush through content, atleast give give us enough gold to keep up with upgrading.

I'm at 508? AP with True Pirate + True Siren, so I'm absolutely good for now but I don't see myself upgrading to True Breeze for atleast 2 month. I'm lucky if I make 40g a day and I don't have a guild ready to farm the new 4m dungeons, which I heard is the biggest gold income you can have. But even if you manage to get so much gold in a very short amount of time, you still need Naryu Tablets which aren't really easy to come by either.. it takes time to get them, which we don't really have if the pace of updates isn't slowing down.

Archived