Forums

People are leaving game cuz Silverfrost gear is too expensive.

1 hour ago, xtclikeafox said:

hey luna;)

hey there :o

9 minutes ago, Shiroaka said:

Just a bunch of cry babies that dont realize you dont FAIL evolve or breakthrough like in other versions of BnS... And yes they make more gold and without luck they need infinite amount of it. You just need time and patience. Not to mention that this game weapon evolve is so simple. No need to farm new weapon and then ++++20 or more and after new patch new weapon and +++20 again, you just evolve and beat the stages...

Wait, what?! In other versions they can fail? O_o If so then NA gets my gratitude.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not complaining about accessories at this point. They are quite easy to upgrade since each takes about 1 week to farm. However, weapon, is different. It requires insane 7 tablets despite of fact that weapon is basic weapon of Silverfrost. Moreover, it requires 110 darts, which requires at least 55 run of 4 men dungeons. This is seriously overpriced since breeze weapon is 332 AP class, and it is same as old Yahwa Weapon of Korean sever which were weapon that barely can run Asura 4 man, with accessories that is much better than that of awaken oath-breaker series.

So it is so obvious that we CANNOT run 4 man Asura without Breeze weapon. We need at least Breeze weapon with True Oath-breaker series WITH Awaken Scorpion Belt.

Don't be a fool saying regular Scorpio Belt is good enough. U CANNOT RUN 4 MEN WITH YOUR RECOVERY -50%.

Even Korean sever released BeIdo's Belt which costed only 100G (which is somewhat equivalent to 10G in NA/EU) cuz Scorpio belt price was out of sane level.

-

The biggest problem is, fact that accessories upgrade's efficiency are so low, so we cannot even realize that we got an upgrade, till we get full oath-breaker set. I meant "TRUE" Oath-Breakers.

Only Bracelet and Belt is showing proper power and others are almost junk upgrades...  -_-..................

and You know what? Oathbreaker series is not even a basic set for Silverfrost. Scorpio set is basic set that will run Asura 4 man. o.O.......................

Oathbreaker evolution mats are given away during main story quest cuz they are so basic and we WERE expected to upgrade them as soon as story ends. But it didn't happen cuz it was too expensive.

----

so What I am saying is, at least True Oathbreaker is meant to be expensive. However, why just simple basic awk oath and true breeze have to be 2 to 3 K g? That is not proper price for basic set.

-

+ ppl wont even be able to do 4 man yeti, if our weapon didnt had 100% focus recovery. Yeti is not runnable with 313 weapon when ppl has no awk oathbreaker.

Only reason why we can run yeti is fact that we have really high focus recovery chance. 100% recovery change triggers much often than that of 70%.

---

alright enough QQing. But point is simple. True breeze and Awaken Oathbreaker need to be more accessible as Aura 4 men requires 540 AP. 

(it only requires 520 AP if ran with special mechanics but it is nearly impossible to be done.)

10 hours ago, tjb said:

Idk much about upcoming patches but...

people will just do like dokumo weapons if entering the new dungeon requires asura weapon.

you can use a normal scorpio belt, no need to upgrade yours

Just dailies can get you like 15g in gold. You can easily get 50 Soulstones/day from SSP and Misty dailies.  While doing SSP dailies you'll get at least 1-2 boxes that require no keys, which is already minimum 1g if you get 1 key. Sometimes you can get 5 keys in the boxes.  Farm it more if you going to complain about item costs. Making gold is easy. If you have the time to complain, then you have the time to farm. Running 4man lair can get you at least 5g/run from other players bids of venoms. If honorary drops then more gold, if merry potter drops, then more gold. Or get some friends and run it and share the venoms until you each can upgrade your gears.

Heh, I wish. As cerulean, I've never completed the ssp dailies once on Dochun. The faction imbalance is way too strong. 

So, I started a new toon,(cerulean), deciding if I like it enough to keep my subscription. Heh, I wish soul stone plains were that easy. 

#justgofarmsspbro

lulz

I actually dont have a problem with weapon upgrades in the hundred golds. I personally think that accessory upgrades in the 300-400 gold range are a bit too much, aaaaaand that 2000-2500 gold for frozen darts alone is a bit insane. Other than that: you dont need to have everything day one. I like that gear progression is not super fast like in other games, whether or not it's too slow for the western majority is debatable: it probably is. But i wouldnt change it by a whole lot to be honest. Even tho, we also have to keep an eye on the future, we all dont want to spend one month per upgrade per char with 8h/day farming, do we :P

Edit: What i was trying to say is... i like that we are not progressing so fast that we are maxed after a week or so, but since the upgrades are pretty much linear and thus miniscule, the cost should not skyrocket to a new level with each small upgrade, especially if (!) we arent even close to the end of gear progression. I dont know how much there is after scorpion. There might be only one or two stages left until legendaries, or there are douzens. Depending on how close we are to the end, stuff should be less expensive or stay about the same (i doubt we are that close tho tbh^^)

I have to somewhat agree. I don't feel like upgrading any of my equipment that requires the new stuff, but especially the weapon seems to take a LOT of resources. I get that MMOs require a grind, but previously we were all making steady progress. Now we're at a huge roadblock and breeze is only the start of it. I may try levelling up another class to add interest for the game, but if I feel like I'm not progressing enough and just stuck doing the same content then I may just get bored and stop playing. After all the whole making progress makes redoing content worth doing and less boring.

Oh yeah, someone pointed out that other versions had a chance to fail the upgrades.

Click evolve > fail > poof 200g > retry > same thing happens. I don't even want to imagine the shitstorm this would've caused on our region, considering NA/EU people cry for EVERY LITTLE GOD DAMNED THING.

Just how bad can some players be that they need to upgrade to I-don't-know-what-awesome-weapon to make up for their fails :/

Current content is doable with previous content gear. And it's not even close to being hard.

I'm sure next content will follow the same rule. If not, you can come back and tell me I'm an idiot and was wrong and I will admit it, but until then, please stop crying.

Just now, Brainy said:

Oh yeah, someone pointed out that other versions had a chance to fail the upgrades.

Click evolve > fail > poof 200g > retry > same thing happens. I don't even want to imagine the shitstorm this would've caused on our region, considering NA/EU people cry for EVERY LITTLE GOD DAMNED THING.

Just how bad can some players be that they need to upgrade to I-don't-know-what-awesome-weapon to make up for their fails :/

Current content is doable with previous content gear. And it's not even close to being hard.

I'm sure next content will follow the same rule. If not, you can come back and tell me I'm an idiot and was wrong and I will admit it, but until then, please stop crying.

Cry about every god dam thing? You mean, asking for interesting content and asking for a fun game is crying about every god dam thing? Game is boring to the extreme. Don't have me grind the same thing 300 times for maybe getting enough materials for an upgrade. 300 times of boring easy content that doesn't even require a full group of people in top gear. It can be done with 2 people in 3rd top gear. 

Yeah. I'm crying about it. I didn't realize this game would be that easy and boring. Imagine failing upgrades in this bore fest. Seriously, you can defend this if you want. I don't see how you logically can. It isn't fun. Chess is more fun and there's zero grind to it. I don't want to kill yeti another 275 more times in my 3 party group splitting darts just for an upgrade. That's just way to long of the same easy content for 1 upgrade.

@Covet

Some of the so-called "problems" people have: Soha's voice, profile pictures, costume colors, OWPvP, cost of stuff that other players put up for auction, pretty much everything arena related, RNG, bid system, boss mechanics etc.

Also, if you really don't like the game, don't play it.

I understand being frustrated about bots, game bugs or anything that is game breaking, but having to grind for something is just part of the game.

P.S. We got the most content in the shortest time out of all the regions. Just saying.

bla bla bla yada yada yada easy.

EDIT:

this was a totally sarcasm post to see people rage x'D this is not my char but from one guy from my server which i see him since old days in misty wood and he farmed BW like crazy.

DxHPw2Q.png

3 hours ago, weridhamster said:

I am not complaining about accessories at this point. They are quite easy to upgrade since each takes about 1 week to farm. However, weapon, is different. It requires insane 7 tablets despite of fact that weapon is basic weapon of Silverfrost. Moreover, it requires 110 darts, which requires at least 55 run of 4 men dungeons. This is seriously overpriced since breeze weapon is 332 AP class, and it is same as old Yahwa Weapon of Korean sever which were weapon that barely can run Asura 4 man, with accessories that is much better than that of awaken oath-breaker series.

So it is so obvious that we CANNOT run 4 man Asura without Breeze weapon. We need at least Breeze weapon with True Oath-breaker series WITH Awaken Scorpion Belt.

Don't be a fool saying regular Scorpio Belt is good enough. U CANNOT RUN 4 MEN WITH YOUR RECOVERY -50%.

Even Korean sever released BeIdo's Belt which costed only 100G (which is somewhat equivalent to 10G in NA/EU) cuz Scorpio belt price was out of sane level.

-

The biggest problem is, fact that accessories upgrade's efficiency are so low, so we cannot even realize that we got an upgrade, till we get full oath-breaker set. I meant "TRUE" Oath-Breakers.

Only Bracelet and Belt is showing proper power and others are almost junk upgrades...  -_-..................

and You know what? Oathbreaker series is not even a basic set for Silverfrost. Scorpio set is basic set that will run Asura 4 man. o.O.......................

Oathbreaker evolution mats are given away during main story quest cuz they are so basic and we WERE expected to upgrade them as soon as story ends. But it didn't happen cuz it was too expensive.

----

so What I am saying is, at least True Oathbreaker is meant to be expensive. However, why just simple basic awk oath and true breeze have to be 2 to 3 K g? That is not proper price for basic set.

-

+ ppl wont even be able to do 4 man yeti, if our weapon didnt had 100% focus recovery. Yeti is not runnable with 313 weapon when ppl has no awk oathbreaker.

Only reason why we can run yeti is fact that we have really high focus recovery chance. 100% recovery change triggers much often than that of 70%.

---

alright enough QQing. But point is simple. True breeze and Awaken Oathbreaker need to be more accessible as Aura 4 men requires 540 AP. 

(it only requires 520 AP if ran with special mechanics but it is nearly impossible to be done.)

huh, insane 7 tablets? I have already 5 in my inventory and all I was doing was running 1 heroic daily for like two weeks.

7 hours ago, vita said:

You can do all new content with Pirate gear, me and my friends clear all 4 man while we are still using Pirate gear, only later on did we start upgrading some accessories to Oathbreaker.

Not sure which server you are on but on mine 24-man is still being run, less crowded yes but still being run.

Emblem drops remains the same, there was no change, Pirate emblem was never farmable even before this. The addition of emblems to cash shop was players own suggestion when news of Silverfrost was about to be release, so yeah players wanted it, there was a thread about it too.

Yeah upgrade in Silverfrost patch is expensive, it's still new and only slightly 2 weeks old and there are those rushing to upgrade and driving up prices. We can already see transformation stone dropping in price, the only expensive material is venom dart, which me and my friends farm 4-man and share the drop. I already manage to upgrade both bracelet and rings to awakened Oathbreaker, could have upgrade more but I didn't want to spend so much on it so quickly.

no1 wants u w/o pirate gear. F.e. you are playing alone. you go to cross-server dungeon, you Q for dungeon, everyone enters, bam some1 leaves. moment ago "PLS KICK number 6 no DPS" ( you are the number 6)(everyone knows you cant kick but people spams it tho). Bam everyone leaves.

2 hours ago, VRock said:

bla bla bla yada yada yada easy 

DxHPw2Q.png

Has rich parents, buys gold from gold sellers = 620 AP Bla bla bla yada yada yada I'm so smart

The problem is rushing content so much and the nature of the game taking forever and then some to gear up. Other versions had far more time to gear up or the publishers pushed alot of catch-up events to aid people with materials needed (CN did this frequently and while I only started TW midway through the 50 cap they also do it regularly). NA publishers have pushed content quicker than any other localization and they haven't done anything to help people along, left with the grind of the old pacing but the speed of their rushed schedule. Granted you don't need as much gear as people think you do eventually what we're able to do with current gear will be limited and they'll wind up releasing instances nobody can do because they didn't have the time to prepare for them. If they insist on rushing they should really be pushing out alot more catch up events to help the playerbase along or many people will get intimidated by the grind and quit, many have already. 

Maybe you should go play chess then;)

4 hours ago, Covet said:

Cry about every god dam thing? You mean, asking for interesting content and asking for a fun game is crying about every god dam thing? Game is boring to the extreme. Don't have me grind the same thing 300 times for maybe getting enough materials for an upgrade. 300 times of boring easy content that doesn't even require a full group of people in top gear. It can be done with 2 people in 3rd top gear. 

Yeah. I'm crying about it. I didn't realize this game would be that easy and boring. Imagine failing upgrades in this bore fest. Seriously, you can defend this if you want. I don't see how you logically can. It isn't fun. Chess is more fun and there's zero grind to it. I don't want to kill yeti another 275 more times in my 3 party group splitting darts just for an upgrade. That's just way to long of the same easy content for 1 upgrade.

2 hours ago, VRock said:

bla bla bla yada yada yada easy

DxHPw2Q.png

Some ppl work also u know,last week i made around 7-8g,yes week not day,tell me the magic trick to have your gear that fast.

On a more serious note,i am not complaining i am upgrading slowly,but steadily,i got some decent like gear atm,i am doing ok.

The problem is that mmos need ppl to thrive,if the gap between ppl gets bigger and bigger then the more ppl without much time will simply stop playing and then ppl like you are gonna complain they cant find ppl to group up with and do the dailies,dungeons runs.

Its simple as that in my opinion.

And if you could have the max gear available for playing 2 hours max/day then anyone that plays for longer would have nothing to work towards.

Too many people relying on new gear stats as a crutch to compensate for misplaying. If you take the time to learn the mechanics you can easily do any of the new content without upgrading to the new gear as several other commenters have pointed out(including 4-manning heroic dungeons).

Our upgraded gear is more of an award for hard work. Not, in any way, a requirement to progress through the game.

I use to play soccer for a couple days a week with friends. Never once have I expected FIFA to award me with a world cup trophy. Because I don't need the trophy to have fun and play well. And I also never put in the time and effort that a professional futbol player puts in.

16 minutes ago, Znick said:

The problem isn't the fact we have to work for our gear, that's fine... it's that if you only have 2-3 hours a day to play, you'll always be undergeared.

18 minutes ago, Znick said:

The problem isn't the fact we have to work for our gear, that's fine... it's that if you only have 2-3 hours a day to play, you'll always be undergeared.

just play the content your gear can manage. if your are over geared now, what you going to do next? we need to have a pursuit for playing this game.

been reading this and there seems to be two camps. its too damn hard/expensive, and the quit crying its not broken its a feature. personally I duno why yall are so dang polarized. I personally don't like the cost curve. it was pretty easy and quest given rewards right up till infernal. from there to profane u had to start farming on ur own but it wasn't so bad. by siren u were farming more then a little, and by pirate people where considering if the amount of time needed to invest to farm up the mats to upgrade was worth the minor upgrade in actual stats. that exponentially increasing cost curve is what people are complaining about. its the rate of change in the curve (between siren and breeze). NOT THE CURVE ITSELF! if you didn't follow that then im sorry ill try to explain in simpler terms, message me or something. if on the off chance someone is whining about upgrades period .... nope just cant see that happening, moving on.

I personally don't really worry about it. my goal is true profane with a sparkling pentagonal attack diamond. anything past that is gravy as far as im concerned. and if that's not good enough for someone's run.... well, oh well. if I were playing a single char shooting for true pirate and maybe even breeze would be totally doable. however im running 4 chars. just to be clear that does not mean I play 1 of them 75% of the time or more. I rotate using at least 2 of them each day. because of that division of funds and labor even a hardcore gamer would be hard pressed when they reach the point I described in the previous paragraph. I may play 6 hours in a day and wouldn't likely spend more then 3 on any given char.

I don't think this counts as QQing but heck if it does add me to the list. aint liable to hurt my feelings. I don't think its fair to expect max gear at 2 hours a day in the first week like everyone obviously understands and keeps reposting. for the love of god we get it (time + effort = reward), and a gradual increase in time and effort would be required for a greater reward. I do however think that when that cost curve starts to spike up the difference between the time required to achieve that effort from profane to breeze is profound and disproportionate to previous points in the curve. I hope that people arnt looking for instant max gear but that their trying to point out that; look if I farm for 6-8 hours a day, 7 days a week for 2 weeks I should be able to see a substantial difference in my characters progression given the 80-110 hours I just invested in character development. I duno about this "substantial" thing but a "noticeable" difference would be appreciated and maybe even expected. that's more than 2 weeks full time work.

Took me week to upgrade true breeze weapon + awekened oathbreaker accessories to stage 10. So whats your problem?
 And dont bring the argumen but i dont have time to play 247. Yes i played lot but not even close to what others have been playing.

Doing right things for few weeks will give you easily enough cash to upgrade true breeze and some of accessories and doing it bit more will easily allow you to upgrade to maximum.

Most likely withing week or so ill be maxed out with one my character then i start new one. It does not take rocket scientist to get money in any mmorpg.

The problem with the current state of endgame gearing isn't just the amount of mats needed, it's also availability of those mats among other things. Content overload is another major factor that's closely related. There are things I could be doing to make far more gold than a full 40 dailies and hoping for some love from RNG in a 4-man, but then I would pretty much be giving up any hope of ever seeing Hongmoon 10 or having 120% accuracy (which is a monumental achievement in and of itself if you do it without fusing it on your 1 or something). As a 500+ player with at least decent stats (can't roll a Yeti 5/7 to save my life), I can basically say there's just not enough time in a day to achieve a balanced play style that doesn't dwell on one aspect of the game.

Availability in particular of Frozen Venom Darts is an issue that I know is on everyone's mind right now, and personally I think that it's so poor that the weapon upgrade paths should not have been implemented with the Silverfrost patch. This would have also prevented the whole Gem Hammer disaster for people who did make the upgrade early on as the development team could have had more time to work out a more customer-friendly solution. Accessory upgrades are probably fine as is for the first upgrade, but some of the later ones require so many materials (including Darts and Tablets) yet provide almost no gain in power. Some of these weak upgrades are so expensive that it almost looks as if some stat values are not correct even comparing rank 10 against the next rank 10.

This could be fixed very easily if the devs wanted or were able to. Lower upgrade costs or add Darts to other content like 24-man boss kills (all of them) to accommodate our vastly accelerated release schedule, or alternatively, leave the upgrade paths out of the game until material acquisition rates are sufficient for the average player. As it stands right now, it's no wonder we have to deal with RMT spam, prestige-consolidating multi-boxers in SSP, rampant botting, and all of the other dirty tactics people have resorted to in an effort to get/stay ahead of the gearing curve.

I agree the darts are quite expensive. But as myself, and many others have pointed out, there is currently no content in the entire game that requires you to have upgraded gear to complete. you can 4 man the new dungeons without it. Start with 6-manning, watch some excellent youtube vids(helped me out tremendously), then attempt the 4 mans. Once you know what to look for the dungeons are really quite simple.

1 hour ago, Endessiah said:

The problem with the current state of endgame gearing isn't just the amount of mats needed, it's also availability of those mats among other things. Content overload is another major factor that's closely related. There are things I could be doing to make far more gold than a full 40 dailies and hoping for some love from RNG in a 4-man, but then I would pretty much be giving up any hope of ever seeing Hongmoon 10 or having 120% accuracy (which is a monumental achievement in and of itself if you do it without fusing it on your 1 or something). As a 500+ player with at least decent stats (can't roll a Yeti 5/7 to save my life), I can basically say there's just not enough time in a day to achieve a balanced play style that doesn't dwell on one aspect of the game.

Availability in particular of Frozen Venom Darts is an issue that I know is on everyone's mind right now, and personally I think that it's so poor that the weapon upgrade paths should not have been implemented with the Silverfrost patch. This would have also prevented the whole Gem Hammer disaster for people who did make the upgrade early on as the development team could have had more time to work out a more customer-friendly solution. Accessory upgrades are probably fine as is for the first upgrade, but some of the later ones require so many materials (including Darts and Tablets) yet provide almost no gain in power. Some of these weak upgrades are so expensive that it almost looks as if some stat values are not correct even comparing rank 10 against the next rank 10.

This could be fixed very easily if the devs wanted or were able to. Lower upgrade costs or add Darts to other content like 24-man boss kills (all of them) to accommodate our vastly accelerated release schedule, or alternatively, leave the upgrade paths out of the game until material acquisition rates are sufficient for the average player. As it stands right now, it's no wonder we have to deal with RMT spam, prestige-consolidating multi-boxers in SSP, rampant botting, and all of the other dirty tactics people have resorted to in an effort to get/stay ahead of the gearing curve.

Tbh I believe, (as others have mentioned), that most of the current angst over upgrading can directly be attributed to the speed wherein we're receiving updates. Theres simply not enough time for a casual player to keep up with the gold requirements necessary to be allowed to compete in the games current endgame.  Now I understand that theres more to the game than end game, and personally speaking I can wait, the problem lies in how quickly "older" content is being phased out.  

24 mans like bloodshade and e-fleet are near barren compared to what they were a little over a month ago. Forcing many casuals whom might just be getting there to work twice as hard to attain upgrades, compared to the majority that played when they were hopping with activity.

Never mind what new players are facing. (Of course severe faction imbalances making soulstone acquisition tedious to near impossible isn't helping either.) That in itself might turn players already on the fence away completely and that's just one example. 

The speed wherein older content, (mind you older in this context means 1 month or slightly more), is being summarily phased out wouldn't be so bad were these instances/dungeons not necessary for overall advancement, but they are. The fact emblems suddenly appeared on cash shop supports the idea that NCWest foresaw this possible scenario playing out.   

At the current pace only the most hardcore of players will be at the necessary stat levels by the time the next update rolls around, providing less players to play with on both camps. So you see in the end everyone suffers. MMO's need both player groups to adequately survive, which is why I've always found this whole casual vs hardcore argument pointless. However it's safe to assume that at the current release pace, there might not be many casuals left by summer.

26 minutes ago, xtclikeafox said:

Thank you for your post. Everyone gained a lot out of what you had to say and your comment was very valuable. (this is sarcasm since you can't seem to be able to tell).way to add to the discussion though. great character. one day when you grow up I look forward to you offering any sort of contribution to a discussion, even if its to disagree.

I don't know what I find more disturbing, the fact that you typed what you did, or that you're not only standing by that inane comment, but you're defending it. As not only former U.S. military personnel, but as a US citizen,  I'm gonna go ahead and simply ignore you on account that I don't wanna get banned over what I might end up typing to you next.

17 hours ago, Lyslia said:

You dont need 500ap for any of the content why do people keep believing this.

Because many of them are minmaxing wannabes likely wishing to speedrun or get carried because they can, not because they actually have to.

No offense to those not matching that description. Not that I think there is anyone who doesn't, but whatever.

2 hours ago, Katsapliakos said:

Some ppl work also u know,last week i made around 7-8g,yes week not day,tell me the magic trick to have your gear that fast.

On a more serious note,i am not complaining i am upgrading slowly,but steadily,i got some decent like gear atm,i am doing ok.

The problem is that mmos need ppl to thrive,if the gap between ppl gets bigger and bigger then the more ppl without much time will simply stop playing and then ppl like you are gonna complain they cant find ppl to group up with and do the dailies,dungeons runs.

Its simple as that in my opinion.

Simply do all 3 purple dungeons for daily gold and then do mushin tower, naryu lab, tomb of exiles and do misty woods for soul stones. Thats like 15 gold already and then just 3v3 tag match until u get 8000 zen beans cash out on soulstones and sell them. You made around 50 gold a day in less than 5 hours. (would have made 70+ gold but soulstone prices dropped in NA)

Archived