Error 4049

drastik47

I'm not sure if this is where i'm supposed to ask about this sort of issue, but I'm new and just installed Blade and Soul and when i try to launch the game it says that the "Game client has encountered an error while running. Shutting down the game client.(4049)" What can I do to fix this? I'd like to try this game out. Thanks.

hi there i got an  client error 4049 whne i try to start the game , i want playing  an i  relog an this happen, i also google all fix i can prob find ( gameguard copy an paste as a fix, run as admin,compatatiblity  restarting game , reinstalling , repair , firewall on/on , anti virus on/off / internet modem reset  but notting works

1 hour ago, xixALLENxix said:

Delete the gameguard folder and try logging on again...worked for me

I am not certain but I recall seeing that you can get into a bit of trouble for deleting gameguard. Better to try repairing as someone else suggested.

I'm having the same issue. I was leaving a dungeon when my game crashed as it usually does for me. But, I just did what I always do which was load up the game again. I sign in, and the NCsoft launcher goes...but when the BnS logo is supposed to appear I get this error exactly:  The game client encountered an error while running. Shutting down the game client. (4049)

I restarted my computer. It didn't work. I did a file repair and still I'm getting the same error. Any help regarding this problem would be very helpful! As the original poster stated I first tried looking the error up but got no leads!

I tried repairing files and it didn't do anything.  I also submitted a ticket about this and they wanted me to download Hijack this.  I decided against doing that.  I am currently attempting to re-download the game and see if that works.

I am having this problem as well. I get error 4049 as soon as the file check is complete, when I try to launch the game. I have tried all the suggested solutions in previous forums, nothing has worked. I am working on reinstalling the game right now.

4 hours ago, Delakron said:

Hello --

Most cases of this error should now be resolved.

If you continue to experience issues, please reach out to Customer Support for assistance.

Honestly that isn't a real fix what you said Delakron. Gameguard itself is the problem and everyone knows it. This will be the fourth time of me doing this and I am obtaining the same error so... What do I do? One of the few times I really wanta level problems keep coming up. So I ask once more what do I do? Reinstall for the seventh time in the past month to play a BnS? I am running out of ideas here ya know?

Archived