Forums

Inapropriate work with extended screen & game crash

Eranea

Hi,

I've noticed that if I user the "Extend display" option on my computer, the mouse is always getting outside of the game and stop responding as long as I put it back on the right screen. Shouldn't the game "block" the mouse coursor during usage?

The second thing is, when I change the screen settings on my computer while the game is active, the game stops responding at all and I get the "Close this app" message.

Windows 10.

I have never noticed such problem with the game unless there were a window overlapping the game window for example Skype call's info thingy (how ever you want to call it). Have you tried reinstalling the game? I can change any setting on my laptop or go away from the game screen (sometimes I accidentally use alt + tab lmao) and no problems with going back to the game. Not sure how the game files work but I would guess it's not purely the game's fault but the compatibility of the game and your system. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I know nothing about IT stuff.

I've tried reinstalling the game, but it didn't help. It's happening only when the "Extend this screen" option is active, regardless of any other app in the background.

If I switch to 1 monitor only, it works perfectly fine.

I've been having this exact same issue lately. I had this issue when I first started playing during the NA launch, and it randomly stopped after a while. It wasn't until I restarted my computer earlier today that it started happening again. I have tried multiple solutions I've seen online:

1. Press alt+tab, then click back into the game and it should be fixed. (Didn't work for me)

2. Press alt+enter at the same time to enter full screen mode, change the in-game setting to windowed or full screen mode, then back again. (Didn't work for me)

3. Download and install a program that locks the mouse to one monitor. (Worked until I tried doing it while in-game, then I got the same problem as usual)

4. Disable extra monitors and play in just one. (This isn't ideal when trying to stream or have information open on the other screen)

For all the "optimization" they supposedly keep rolling out with each maintenance, this one should have been at the top of the list.

Archived