PVP Players

Orey

57 minutes ago, 7XVe said:

On my server, we are outnumbered 5 to 1. I used to not fight people, but when someone just sits there, waits for you to attack a mob for a quest, then proceeds to attack you and try to throw you into an elite, it becomes hard to tell who is nice or not. So now I will pk anyone close to me. I will not take the risk - if they truly do not want to fight, they will run the opposite direction.

You mean let them run the opposite way and kill them in the process? or better cc them so they cant move and kill them. I am sorry to hear that people treated you like that and i am sorry to hear that you joined the predators. I got cc, phantom gripped to terrors, ganked 6 against 1, but if i see someone from the other faction doing his own buisness i let him be. The hatred between the faction is crazy, few days ago i got killed by someone that i carried in PvE dungeon.

Just now, Rhinala said:

You mean let them run the opposite way and kill them in the process? or better cc them so they cant move and kill them. I am sorry to hear that people treated you like that and i am sorry to hear that you joined the predators. I got cc, phantom gripped to terrors, ganked 6 against 1, but if i see someone from the other faction doing his own buisness i let him be. The hatred between the faction is crazy, few days ago i got killed by someone that i carried in PvE dungeon.

No, if they run away I leave them and continue with my quest. 

18 hours ago, XianRen said:

I don;t understand how someone who hates pvp and only wants to farm can't do what I can splitting my time limited time three ways.

You don't have to do anything, you are choosing to suit up and are therefore choosing to be pvp eligible.  If you do not wish to fight, don't suit up.  Farm dungeons, get drops you can sell, make money, buy the things you can't or don't want to farm.  

How can you not understand a simple fact like this?? We NEED to, we don't want to, we need to put on the uniform, otherwise we can't do the Faction dailies and we can't get those fancy soulstones... it is so simple. How can you not understand a simple thing like this? And don't even try to say that we can just buy them. Go ahead and buy them for 36 silver each. Let's see how you will uprage your gear!

Anyway, I think the best idea is to make a new CH only for pve oriented players.

I usually don't attack enemy faction players. It's just a waste of time. They want to get their quests done and so do I, if we start chasing each other there is barely any profit for the amount of time it takes.

However I did farm some bots in the Misty Mountains faction area. A few days ago I got like 250 kills in 2 hours and today again. Sometimes there is a constant stream of bots who do the dailies and you can easily get 2-3 kills per minute. So i am now at 750 kills and i guess at least 600 of these kills are from bots :), since NCSOFT can't be arsed to ban any of the bots I will be unrivaled soon without having to gank real players.

Other than that, open world PvP is shit anyway. Most of the time its just zerging and ganking weaker or outnumbered opponents and if a 1v1 or 2v2 actually happens i still don't see the point. The other players puke 10 diffrent kind of rainbows within 3 seconds at you and you are supposed to know whats going on before you lost half of your HP. PVP in this game lacks clarity and it feels messy.

1 hour ago, FMP said:

Go farm something else & buy the soulstones stop crying here, I don't like doing pve but I'm forced to do so I wish if there was a way to gear up by only pvping 

You mean asking other players to be polite is crying? Hating the fact that other player gank us is crying? why do you think a PvE channel is such a bad idea?

The funny thing is when the gankers see that few players from the ganked player faction join they vanish to thin air. You want to pvp? you are outnumbered now, be the hero you are against one unsuspecting opponent against several, lats see how fun it will be for you.

You can ask us to do 2 hours + of blackram and docks to get the soulstones i can get from pvp quests in 20 min. but will you reduce the price of soulstones to a reasonable price?

This is a PvX game... meaning there is both PvP and PvE.

While I am enjoying the questing some, I much prefer pvp. What's more unfair, the PvE lovers having to do a little PvP to get soul stones that they could run dungeons and BUY INSTEAD if they chose, or people like me having to level 50 times, THEN run dungeon after dungeon to level my gear?? 98% of the quests are pve, and you whine about the 2%?

Personally, I wish the entire map was pvp and the more ppl I killed, the faster my gear leveled up. :P

But it's not. I need to farm dungeons a bit, and you have to pvp a bit. Maybe if you'd give it more of a chance you'd realize it's not so bad.

Z

I like doing PvP. I like the feeling you get when you best someone in a fight and the adrenaline rush when you smash keys so fast, hoping to kill the guy. Or when he is so low on HP and you just need that bit more to finish him of...

But that's not what I get in OWPvP. PvP is so much more fun when you do it versus people who are equal to you, or at least somewhere on the same level. I play WoW and they managed to do that successfully both in Arenas and Battlegrounds. But in this game, I fail to feel that in areas like SSP or Misty Woods. I don't really know why but... Actually I do, WoW combines the hostility of two factions with PvP and you are mostly flagged for PvP at all times there. Every member of opposing faction can kill you and although there are often campers there, it's still a lot of fun. You manage to evade them if you're lucky or smart, if not, you log out and come back later.

What WoW also has is a clear distinction between PvP and PvE content. You can have gear in PvE but it's purely for PvE and it's of little use in PvP. The same applies to PvP content. And also, you may be weaker, starting out in any of these but you grow stronger easily by acquiring more powerful gear but still stand chance even without the said gear. In Blade and Soul it's different. Blade and Soul, while having arenas, has extremely unbalanced OWPvP because it is required for your progression in game. It doesn't have clear boundary between PvP and PvE content. Aside from that, these areas where factions are in war are often packed with people and you really can't do much when a FM grabs you and pulls you in the heart of opposing faction's group where you die almost instantly. I won't even regard game's poor optimization which adds to the overall feeling. Sure, WoW has some battlegrounds like this as well, but these battlegrounds are long, have much more content and are clearly meant for PvP, not killing obese bosses with truck-hitting abilities.

My greatest minus to this system of OWPvP we have is that it is required to do it for Soulstones. For me at least, it kills the joy of that specific area of the game. More often than not, I only do SSP for SS and nothing more. I can hit obese bosses just fine in dungeons and 24-man areas and getting your ass handed to you by 20 people, without even the chance to fight back before they kill you is no fun either. In the end, I think NCSoft should think real hard on what makes their game running and how they want to handle different areas of the game. While arena battles are really fun and exciting to play, their other areas of PvP are lacking in everything and they either should completely throw SS out from the equation or make it so that people can earn them while still doing OWPvP but really doing it, not hitting bosses in different clothes.

5 hours ago, Znick said:

This is a PvX game... meaning there is both PvP and PvE.

While I am enjoying the questing some, I much prefer pvp. What's more unfair, the PvE lovers having to do a little PvP to get soul stones that they could run dungeons and BUY INSTEAD if they chose, or people like me having to level 50 times, THEN run dungeon after dungeon to level my gear?? 98% of the quests are pve, and you whine about the 2%?

Personally, I wish the entire map was pvp and the more ppl I killed, the faster my gear leveled up. :P

But it's not. I need to farm dungeons a bit, and you have to pvp a bit. Maybe if you'd give it more of a chance you'd realize it's not so bad.

Z

let me put this in perspective for you, the dung ur trying to run doesn't have anything stopping you from running it. It also requires you to do that at most a few times. What people are getting at is that the number of soulstone needed to upgrade weapons puts PVE continously back into and environment that they dont want to be in.

The second part is OWPVP sucks because its based on gears and faction numbers. When those PVE dont give a shit about pvp get pk enough they switch factions so they can do the dailies, and the faction imbalance will continue to grow until you have no one to fight against. OWPVP in this game is just poorly designed, you get nothing for killing people.

The PVE wouldnt even complain if they made soulstone dung drops or dailies in dung instead of OWPVP. And those saying go buy those from the market place, they go for 30s each and upgrades at higher tiered equips cost easily 200+ stones which is 60+g which is about a week worth of 3hrs+ grinding dung where as you get about 15-20 soulstone a day from faction dailies which take 15 mins at max.

Also for those saying its carebear or a pvp centric game etc. Games are meant to be played for fun and whats fun is different for everyone. Someone people enjoy the game for its combat, story, dung, etc. It's meant as a way for people to relax so let them do what they find fun instead of forcing people into doing shit they don't want to.

On 2016-04-03 at 0:14 PM, PKaBoo said:

guy killed my friend while he was on LOADING SCREEN then ressed him and killed him again

The fact this is even possible is absolutely insane, what absolute MORON thought it was a good idea to allow such a thing to even occur? The other day someone was doing that to another person over, and over, and over, and over again for about ten minutes off to the side, while a large crew of their faction was nearby spawn camping our faction's NPCs that provide quests, and killing any player that came near, so we couldn't get/hand in our quests, or had any chance to help that person, think that person just logged off in frustration eventually.

Open world PvP is always just a gank fest in games, which is why I always pick the PvE server, not the PvP one when that's an option. Locking important aspects of the game behind this unfair, and unfun activity that always ends up being so lopsided (especially when the legion of bots always being made are ready to fill in the losing side's slots so more people can join the winning side, making the "balancing" system useless) is insane. Considering the absurd number of soulstones we need to do so many things in this game, it'll be some time before their price comes down to something more manageable, by that time the game will have hemorrhaged a rather large number of people, at least some of which would have spent money on the game, and something like this will cause people like me that are trying to stick with it (for now at least) to at least spend less than we otherwise would have, or not spend anything at all in case this mess just becomes worse, so it'll be easier to walk away from the game.

when there are pve and pvp servers I choose the pve server as well unless my friends wants go pvp server o_o

but it always makes me go ballistic when the odds are against me and my teammates coz I'm VERY competitive and losing is just NOT on my dictionary x.x

sure I suppose to know how to lose or accept that can't always win but when the guys I'm vs uses cheats or bring their buds to have their way with me.... that's when I'm really losing it >.>

some players maybe prefers use the "escape" option instead of dying but that's also some way of cheating and to me I prefer die with my "honor" than use that button like a coward :c

and since I have like 5 or more lv45+ toons doing woods and beach over and over just for the soulstones is somethin I must do even if it's not the funnest thing ever :\

you must know when to go there and search for a proper channel that is somewhat free of blue scum (yes I'm the red one, windrest.. ^_^) - so it's in very certain hours when least players are around ... 

as for the soulstone plains .. from what I been reading on the forums and even watched some vids people were posting on the forums I refuse to even TRY go there if hacks are involved and the terrors around uses the players as pingpong balls... -.-" (especially if you are MELEE ) I really don't see the point going there unless ncsoft gonna do somethin bout both them hacks and the terrors x.x

if I'll ever go there it will be only with my fm/wl/summoner... going there as melee seems kinda insane right now :s

and it would be nice if we had some sort of a "time window" when we load to open world maps before any1 could actually hit us so if some1 has a slow loading screen and he loads in his faction outfit... some1 won't 1shot him before he even manage to finish load to the new area :\

many other games has it... I know aion has it and maybe tera as well (haven't played both games for a long time so forgot which 1 has it lol) it applies both on mobs and players. so no1 can hit you for 20~30sec I think

I think the best idea is to make a simple CH for pve players, where they can do the faction dailies as well but they can't kill each other, so the pvp players will kill pvp players, and the pve players will enjoy the game at last.

12 hours ago, Rhinala said:

You mean asking other players to be polite is crying? Hating the fact that other player gank us is crying? why do you think a PvE channel is such a bad idea?

The funny thing is when the gankers see that few players from the ganked player faction join they vanish to thin air. You want to pvp? you are outnumbered now, be the hero you are against one unsuspecting opponent against several, lats see how fun it will be for you.

You can ask us to do 2 hours + of blackram and docks to get the soulstones i can get from pvp quests in 20 min. but will you reduce the price of soulstones to a reasonable price?

DON'T GANK ME PLEASE IM PVE PLAYER WHO NEVER TRIED TO PVP. holy *cricket* just go do something else if you can't handle ganks+don't quote me you aren't important

6 hours ago, Eijimeh said:

let me put this in perspective for you, the dung ur trying to run doesn't have anything stopping you from running it. It also requires you to do that at most a few times. What people are getting at is that the number of soulstone needed to upgrade weapons puts PVE continously back into and environment that they dont want to be in.

sure, someone is stopping you from completing faction quests and that can be very irritating and lengthen the completion time, but dungeons can be just as tedious and annoying. I remember trying to run 4man BSH, POH, and NAR, each for like 2 hours+ with the same party since no one knew what they were doing. Dungeons can be a pain for both pve and pvp, and if you're pvp, the idea of dungeon grinding is abhorrent. 

6 hours ago, Eijimeh said:

The PVE wouldnt even complain if they made soulstone dung drops or dailies in dung instead of OWPVP. And those saying go buy those from the market place, they go for 30s each and upgrades at higher tiered equips cost easily 200+ stones which is 60+g which is about a week worth of 3hrs+ grinding dung where as you get about 15-20 soulstone a day from faction dailies which take 15 mins at max.

Making soulstones dungeon drops would be a bad idea, simply because only the winning bidder gets them, and you lower the total supply of soulstones since the capacity to farm them significantly lowers. In which case the prices of soulstones will skyrocket because of such low supply and super high demand atm. Making the soulstones part of your dailies would be a bad idea since bots will just farm those, and if you limit the soulstones to higher end dungeons to prevent bot farming, then under geared/newer players suffer. Honestly, faction dailies are not bad at all-- even with those pesky gankers. However, what makes faction dailies suck in SSP are those *cricket*ing teleport/speed hacking *cricket*ers one shotting you with *cricket* boozaka launchers. *cricket*. 

Let's be completely real here...OWPVP and those faction dailies/achievements were built into the game design! You cant have that anti-pvp mindset and be completely pve oriented, and even more ridiculous is being so self righteous against pvpers. It's like you enlisted into the army in war time without the expectation that you may enter combat with the enemy. It's completely contradictory logic. 

Private Eijimeh 1st class:

"Err, umm, Captain, uhh, there are very aggressive people in what seems to be enemy uniforms trying to kill me. I didn't sign up for this."

Captain:

0_o

1 hour ago, FMP said:

DON'T GANK ME PLEASE IM PVE PLAYER WHO NEVER TRIED TO PVP. holy *cricket* just go do something else if you can't handle ganks+don't quote me you aren't important

First of all your outrage is funny, it made me laugh so hard. You tried to offend me, ouch. Better luck next time.

Second, ganking is not PvP. I Played pvp in other games, i prefer battlegrounds and such like Tera corsair's Stronghold , (i think something like this should have been the outline of soulstone plains (2 bases of course with some interesting mechanics)) if you want to do 10 against 3 we need something like kumasylom.

I see your points SpartanGamer, and i agree with most of them, i haven't thought about those issues.

7 hours ago, SpartanGamer said:

sure, someone is stopping you from completing faction quests and that can be very irritating and lengthen the completion time, but dungeons can be just as tedious and annoying. I remember trying to run 4man BSH, POH, and NAR, each for like 2 hours+ with the same party since no one knew what they were doing. Dungeons can be a pain for both pve and pvp, and if you're pvp, the idea of dungeon grinding is abhorrent. 

Making soulstones dungeon drops would be a bad idea, simply because only the winning bidder gets them, and you lower the total supply of soulstones since the capacity to farm them significantly lowers. In which case the prices of soulstones will skyrocket because of such low supply and super high demand atm. Making the soulstones part of your dailies would be a bad idea since bots will just farm those, and if you limit the soulstones to higher end dungeons to prevent bot farming, then under geared/newer players suffer. Honestly, faction dailies are not bad at all-- even with those pesky gankers. However, what makes faction dailies suck in SSP are those *cricket*ing teleport/speed hacking *cricket*ers one shotting you with *cricket* boozaka launchers. *cricket*. 

Let's be completely real here...OWPVP and those faction dailies/achievements were built into the game design! You cant have that anti-pvp mindset and be completely pve oriented, and even more ridiculous is being so self righteous against pvpers. It's like you enlisted into the army in war time without the expectation that you may enter combat with the enemy. It's completely contradictory logic. 

Private Eijimeh 1st class:

"Err, umm, Captain, uhh, there are very aggressive people in what seems to be enemy uniforms trying to kill me. I didn't sign up for this."

Captain:

0_o

I love how you just assumed I was an exlusive PVE player. But lets say I was an exclusive PVE player, the issue still wouldn't be affecting me because I play on a server with no population with some of my friends where there is no sight or cerulean or crimson.

Second you don't seem to acknowledge that there is an issue. You compare a game to enlisting in the army which I would say is a strawman's example because its far too exaggerated. A more accurate comparison would be a non-smoker goes out to dine and you've got smokers being next to them or being a lap swimmer at the pool and you've got kids cannon-balling into your lane.

Third for PVP players you have arena which does not require gear to progress as everything is normalized and the only read advantage is skill points which you get exp from arena anyways? While I acknowledge that some people prefer large scale PVP that's a different issue. If you dont know what it feels like to play on the underpopulated  faction try going over to mushin or jiwan and play as crimson.

While my solution might not work, its still a problem that needs to be addressed. And second how would the supply of soulstone decrease if you've got more sources and especially from people that do both PVE and PVP content.The marketplace is cross server, so if anything the soulstone supply would go up due the fact that those on server with extreme imbalances would actually have a source of soulstone now.

Also most lvl 45 heroics are doable with true profane which does not require soulstone. If the newer players maybe 2-3 soulstone a run by the time its actually required they would have some at their disposal. You also mentioned bot issue, it's not like it isn't already of problem because they are farming arena, farming faction dailies and would change nothing if you made soulstones non faction dailies.

The soulstone should be faction daily + some other method like story quests, or maybe open world dailies that require puzzle solving and player coordination.

In my opinion the solution for botting is rather easy, Every player that try to sell at the marketplace hate under cutters, what if NCsoft gold transaction price will always be 25%-50% cheeper then the gold seller, players will prefer to pay less and receive more from someone who will use the money for further game development. NCsoft started moving in that direction but received cold feet.

2 hours ago, Rhinala said:

The soulstone should be faction daily + some other method like story quests, or maybe open world dailies that require puzzle solving and player coordination.

In my opinion the solution for botting is rather easy, Every player that try to sell at the marketplace hate under cutters, what if NCsoft gold transaction price will always be 25%-50% cheeper then the gold seller, players will prefer to pay less and receive more from someone who will use the money for further game development. NCsoft started moving in that direction but received cold feet.

I would like to help make this community better, but sadly I don't know how. I mean, even when we find an alternative solution to any problems, are the developers willing to accept them? Or at least consider them?

Tbh I love pvp but when i do faction daily I have stopped attacking the opposit faction because no point doing it, its waste of time ruin other peoples experiance. 

Some days ago I protected a person from the opposit faction even revived her, her friends killed me but they revived me and didnt touch me afterwards. So it gave me really something and i think the other person felt the same way. 

Just to make things clear we all want to kill the npcs why not allow the other faction to farm them as well, I only see assholes ganking people who collect quests and those who consider ganking as pvp you got it wrong, in my eyes you dont get the respect and you simply a zero (nobody). 

11 hours ago, Eijimeh said:

I love how you just assumed I was an exlusive PVE player. But lets say I was an exclusive PVE player, the issue still wouldn't be affecting me because I play on a server with no population with some of my friends where there is no sight or cerulean or crimson.

Well, your whole argument you were stressing "PVE" and giving your arguments for "PVE", so it's natural to assume you are "PVE". 

Second you don't seem to acknowledge that there is an issue. You compare a game to enlisting in the army which I would say is a strawman's example because its far too exaggerated. A more accurate comparison would be a non-smoker goes out to dine and you've got smokers being next to them or being a lap swimmer at the pool and you've got kids cannon-balling into your lane.

When it comes to OWPVP, there is no issue. At least not a real one. And my comparison wasn't really meant to be serious, but compared to the example you gave above, is much more accurate of an analogy. We're talking about an in game war between two factions, how is that not comparable to real life comparison to war between two countries? How is your comparison between "smokers" and "non-smokers" or "swimming in a pool" more accurate then mine? Sorry man, but your the one with a strawman example. 

Third for PVP players you have arena which does not require gear to progress as everything is normalized and the only read advantage is skill points which you get exp from arena anyways? While I acknowledge that some people prefer large scale PVP that's a different issue. If you dont know what it feels like to play on the underpopulated  faction try going over to mushin or jiwan and play as crimson.

Even if you are strictly an arena pvp player, the exp you get from arena is not worthwhile, and if you want to cash in the beans you made pvping for soulstones, you need dragon certificates which you can only get from pve, i.e running dungeons. So even if you are strictly arena pvp, you are essentially forced to pve. And that is to be expected because this game is an mmo. You can't honestly expect to not pve in an mmo...Pve players are in the same boat, they are forced to pvp in certain cases, and that is to be expected since it's part of the game design. It's a fighting based mmo. Not to mention OWPVP was an essential feature of this game. Getting killed by other players is a consequence of putting on your faction uniform. If you don't want to get killed, simple don't put on your uniform, but then again you won't get soulstones so just stop complaining and put up with it. Pvp players have to put up with running pve content that is quite annoying too, BUT IT'S PART OF THE GAME. 

It's funny that you bring up the part of being in crimson in Jiwan or mushin, because I am a crimson in Jiwan. Trust me, I know the deal, but that's just part of the game, and if anything it allows me to complete my pvp daily faster. It's not such a huge problem, and I've rarely had rough times completing my dailies. I will say I've had much more hard times running dungeons. Can't tell you how many times I've ran an instance where players constantly die to the end boss and leave, and I'm forced to wait for another person to queue into party to just see them instantly leave when they get in. Or having to run for like 15minutes to get to the jins in Naryu. 

While my solution might not work, its still a problem that needs to be addressed. And second how would the supply of soulstone decrease if you've got more sources and especially from people that do both PVE and PVP content.The marketplace is cross server, so if anything the soulstone supply would go up due the fact that those on server with extreme imbalances would actually have a source of soulstone now.

Also most lvl 45 heroics are doable with true profane which does not require soulstone. If the newer players maybe 2-3 soulstone a run by the time its actually required they would have some at their disposal. You also mentioned bot issue, it's not like it isn't already of problem because they are farming arena, farming faction dailies and would change nothing if you made soulstones non faction dailies.

Yeah, my mistake, I thought you said to replace getting soulstones from factions dailies to getting them from dungeon runs. But in which case, this allows bots the option to farm them too. Lol, 45 heroics with true profane is incredibly slow and inefficient, especially considering if you're running true profane, you're probably at infernal accessories. It will make the run extremely long. 

But my point still stands. You can't complain about an inherent, deliberated mechanic of the game. Honestly, the best solution would be the create another server for strictly PVE players that dislike OWPVP. 

This game is unbalaced from start, its made for 1v1 arena!

Then they made a story in pve and then they tried to do some world pvp.

They did something terrible and you can easely flag in and out of pvp. Griefers love this and almost all areas where they want pvp is only griefing!

Even soulstone planes is griefing standing under an terror with a shotfun/granny! 8) the game is made for griefers! if they dont change this nothing will be better, an sorry..

They should make superhard to go out of pvp or in to pvp. Only able to change faction clothes in towns. Away with those super guards like terrors that pulls and do 500miles radius blast. Noone wants to be picked up and get tossed in them.. and noone wants a 17k hits from shotguns with 1sec reload.

Questing is fun but when I am into questing I get ganked by players while I am in the middle of fighting quest mobs. 

I must say I love the game. Love the story. Love the combat. Love the environments. But I utterly hate being ganked by players while questing.

I'm moving on to a different game. 

Most pve players will likely move on too. Hope all those pvp players enjoy an 'empty' world to play in.

Okay, so I want to ask, why do we need to play among weak-ass pussified girly-man pve players? And why do we need to farm pve areas, even when we don't want to? I can't get gear upgrades without doing dungeon dailies, there's almost always pve, but a lot of players hate pve, for example me, so tell me, why does the game force the players to do somewthing they don't want to do? Can't the Developers make a simple dungeon where the truly skilled man-type players can enjoy the game without killing mindless mobs, where they can gather resources without getting bored to death every minute??? I appreciate all the support that I get. We need to stop this nonsense, I seriously hate the game because of this. The game is basically addicted to dungeon items, but you can't get them without being constantly worried of a stupid pve quest that wants to bore you!

Archived