PVP Players

Orey

Okay, so I want to ask, why do we need to play among aggressive lunatic players? And why do we need to play in a pvp area, even when we don't want to? I can't get soulstones without Faction dailies, but in Faction there's almost always pvp, but a lot of players hate pvp, for example me, so tell me, why does the game force the players to do somewthing they don't want to do? Can't the Developers make a simple area where the non-aggressive decent players can enjoy the game without killing each other like some animals, where they can gather soulstones without getting killed every minute??? I appreciate all the support that I get. We need to stop this nonsense, I seriously hate the game because of this. The game is basically addicted to soulstones, but you can't get them without being constantly worried of an aggressive player that wants to kill you!

I totally agree with you. I love this game I enjoy the combat, the scenery and the story. I don't even mind grinding and farming due the to combat system. For me the forced PvP aspect is a deal breaker and to put things worst the game encourage ganking and grifing with the stupid kill 1000 players from the opposite faction achievement in order to get the accuracy bonus, why can't it be kill 1000 NPC from the opposite faction? The rising amount of soulstones needed for every upgrade force the player to PvP way too much, even crafting at higher level need insane amount of soulstones. I despise PvP, I don't even try to fight the ganker in many cases, wow -cricket- kill me and get it over with, your so cool, time to change channel and get ganked by another -cricket-.

IKR I'm always doing the same thing. I don't care about pvp at all. Many times I'm just standing there, do my quests or kill mobs and even when I'm attacked by a pvp lover, they just don't see or don't want to see that I don't care about pvp at all. I've never attacked any player ever, not necessarily because I'm a big pacifist or something, but because I play this game for fun, and not to ruin somebody else's good time. I mean, that's the reason people have made games in the first place, for people to have a good time and forget their troubles for a while, no? The only thing that PVP does is frustrating the players, and it really ruins the fun in the game.

So because someone enjoys pvp that makes them "aggressive lunatic players"?  Faction dailies are not the only way to get soulstones, and if you really really don't want to pvp ever then use that gold you get from questing to buy soulstones.  If you wanted to play a game in which you never fight anyone ever, why would you choose a game like this in the first place?

Just because your head is full of carebears and unicorns doesn't mean everyone else's has to be.  

I love pvp but sometimes these pvp lunatics makes me really want to ragequit coz yesterday some idiot pked my friend while he teleported to my area wearing his faction dailies (he was trying help me vs some idiot (the one that pked my friend as he teleported in...) guy killed my friend while he was on LOADING SCREEN then ressed him and killed him again and disappeared (probably teleported somewhere coz didn't see him anywhere) ! -_-

I have no problem with pvp, I even enjoy it but when noobs using ESCAPE coz they don't stand a chance vs the one that chasing them..... that's low >.>
sometimes they use this losers "strategy" by placing an "innocent" looking blue scum player right next nxt to their faction base to lure us in... guy either just stands there or look all "innocent" minding his own biz (ye right) then a bunch of 5 or more jumps on me and my friends and rapes us o_o

I don't mind 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 but being outnumbered is NEVER fun especially if they play dirty -.-

Just because your head is full of carebears and unicorns doesn't mean everyone else's has to be.  

lol :D so true :x

why come to a PVP-based game if you're not into pvp AT ALL ?

sure the game has a story...

it has lots of quests

and none-pvp content

but arena and FACTION DAILIES aren't there so you could just get your dailies done and bye bye it's there so you could excel your fighting skills and beat stronger, more powerful opponents than you within time !

but I admit some players are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too aggressive and they jump at you when you simply don't want fight, sometimes I admit even I don't feel like pvping and just finish my faction dailies :o unfortunately - game doesn't work that way and sometimes players just feel like they MUST "terminate" you while you do your dailies, that's life :c

Oookay 

XianRen

so let's switch to your point of view. Let's say that in real life, not in the game, in real life, what are you doing? You don't kill people, that's for sure, but not because you're a good person, but because you don't want to be punished. In games, you can kill people without consenquinces, right? So let me ask you something, if you can do many things in your current situation, then why always killing is your priority? Because you're aggressive. You can do something else but no, you keep killing, because that fills you with pride for some reason. IF murder would not be illegal in real life, you would kill in real life as well.

BTW I'm not against pvp players in general, only against aggressive players. I just want a peaceful place where non-pvp players can enjoy the game as well.

Oh! And NO my head is not full of carebears and unicorns, It's full with relativity and logic :))

I completely agree with you! It's just freaking annoying when you're minding your business and then suddenly some PvP maniac comes and kills you. And then they're like ''hurr durr noob.'' It's so stupid and pointless. Are these people so miserable in their own lives that they have the need to defeat other players so that they can feel better about themselves? Wow, you've just defeated someone in a game, you're the best, you've achieved so much in your life! I personally don't have a problem against those who like PvP, I only dislike those who are aggressive, as Orey pointed out, and come and kill you for no reason whatsoever and feel themselves high and mighty. If they love PvP so much, then why not going in the Arena? They can do PvP as much as they WANT. Let me tell you why, it's because attacking other players while they don't expect it is more fun, and it fills muh Prestige Bar, and it's also required for some Dailies. Seriously, for ONE Daily (that I know of at least)?

@XianRen In my point of view, PvP is like smoking. I really dislike it, but I don't condemn people who do like it. According to your logic, you could smoke near someone solely for the purpose of bothering him/her and that person first asks you nicely to move further but you're not moving, and that person calls you an annoying b*stard for bothering him/her then you say ''Just because somebody enjoys smoking does that mean that they're an 'annoying b*stard?' '' I hope that you get the point.

Guys I'm pretty sure you know that there is a faction quest that wants you to kill 10 enemy players... Maybe that's the reason they are attacking you and not because they are some sadistic MOFOs... I get this a lot. I just want to do my quest, so I scout for players, I kill them and then they call me names.. But the quest asks me to do so!!

Yeah but why not ? o_o It's part of the game. I don't do it everytime , but I do accept it and if I can find someone I go for it.

It's not like you will ever be able to achieve a truce between the factions, so most likely if they see me they will attack me as well. Why not just go for it?

Like Orey, I've also never attacked a player, but if I do get attacked, you can be sure as hell that I'll defend myself. I'm not going to let those maniacs have their fun. Even if I died and they try to resurrect me, I won't let them. :)

Emezel

Most of the players attack you as well yes, but I'm 100% sure that you  saw some players that didn't attack you. They were just doing their quests. Those who are not interested in PvP suffer much because of the pvp orianted players, this is the big problem here. In my life, I've learned something really useful. ''It's not true if you're the only one who's laughing, Real fun is when everybody laughs with you.''

BTW wouldn't it be much more simple if we wouldn't have to kill each other? I mean that quest would still remain for those who like to kill, but there would be a quest that would reward you with the same amount of soulstones like that quest, without killing anybody, wouldn't it be much simpler? It would spare people's mental well-being and it would also be fun.

2 hours ago, Orey said:

Oookay 

XianRen

so let's switch to your point of view. Let's say that in real life, not in the game, in real life, what are you doing? You don't kill people, that's for sure, but not because you're a good person, but because you don't want to be punished. In games, you can kill people without consenquinces, right? So let me ask you something, if you can do many things in your current situation, then why always killing is your priority? Because you're aggressive. You can do something else but no, you keep killing, because that fills you with pride for some reason. IF murder would not be illegal in real life, you would kill in real life as well.

What kind of ridiculous logic is that?  So you're saying in games we should only do things we can do in real life?  Punishment means jack shit to someone who wants to kill someone in real life.  People kill people in real life every day.More importantly, when you die in real life you don;t respawn and go about your business, you just die.  It's a game, it's not that serious, and it damn sure isn;t real life.  

You have NO OBLIGATION to don a pvp uniform.  Some days, I don't feel like pvping so you know what?  I don't put on the faction uniform.  If you wear a pvp uniform you are telling everyone else that you are prepared for the possibility of being attacked.  If you do not want to fight, don't put on the freaking uni.  You do not HAVE to do faction dailies, and you can earn plenty of soulstones without doing so.  You could also buy soulstones from other people who are willing to take the risk of getting attacked.

People that want to pvp in a blatantly pvp slanted game are not "aggressive lunatics"  they are just people who enjoy a certain aspect of a game that you don't.  If you are so bent out of shape about pvp that you DON'T EVEN HAVE TO PARTICIPATE IN, then go play a single player RPG there was never any reason for you to load up a PVP centric mmo in the first place.

What you shouldn't be doing is coming on to the forums crying like a little girl who just scraped her knee and making outrageous claims about the personalities of people you don't even know.

XianRen

Please don't be mad, I was just honest, that's all. And I'm 100% sure that you didn't read what I typed. I just wrote all the things that caused these problems. I will shorten them for you so that you can understand better.

1: "Let's say"  that in real life (this is a theory, not a fact)

(I hope you can see this)

2: "The game is basically addicted to soulstones, but you can't get them without being constantly worried of an aggressive player that wants to kill you! " (now this is a fact)

3: BTW I'm not against pvp players in general, only against aggressive players. I just want a peaceful place where non-pvp players can enjoy the game as well. ( i was just saying my point of view)

I hope now you understand everything....

So according to your logic, in order to gain soulstone i need to buy it from the market place for 36 silver each (checked it now), i need 150 for my weapon and 150 for my accessories that means 108 g only for the soul stone, great logic, i can get about 17g for blackram and docs, so i have to farm about 8 days just for the soulestones. I got a great idea if PvP players find it that easy to get the soulstone then sell it for 5 silver each, with this price PvE players will never get close to the PvP area.

If those players are so PvP oriented why are a they attacking a player that is in the middle of gathering an item? or 5 against 1? this is a well balanced and fun PvP. Few days ago i was questing in misty woods ive seen a crimson going gather powder, i ignored him. a second after i started my gathering gathering he attacked me, wow this is so much fun.

Why can we use the taiwaninc logic of the game and give an unofficial channel to the pve players. you don't want it because you want the accuracy achievement, and pve players are easy meat.

XianRen

You completely missed the point. Many people do the Faction dailies for the sole purpose of farming the soulstones, because it's relatively easy (except when you're being attacked) and you can gather a pretty nice number of them. In other words, they don't give a damn about PvP. As far as I know you can't craft it, so you must farm them by doing Faction quests, and so far that's a relatively good way to farm it. Technically you're right, nobody is obliged to don the PvP uniform and do the Faction dailies, but let's not forget the fact that pretty much everything needs soulstones, from SoulShields to weapons and though you may buy them, not everyone has the time, or patience, or both to farm the money for the soulstones, plus the money used to improve the weapon. So people are practically forced to do the Faction dailies. But the good thing is, PvP oriented players aren't OBLIGED to kill other players as well. Why can't these people understand this? Is it really worth it for just one measly quest? Not in my opinion. Why can't we all farm soulstones in peace? Is it so hard to understand? I don't think that many people want to quit this game just because of some stupid PvP maniacs, the game itself is simply amazing. It's one of the few MMO's that has impressed me very much.

Isn't PvP more fun when the opposite player put out a good fight and enjoy the encounter? Or is it more fun to kill someone that don't have the skill or the will to fight a real player? Soulstone are needed in rising numbers in this game. I cant find the logic in this mechanic but this is how this amazing game work.

I am starting to think about leaving this game only due to the PvP ganking, the funny thing is that in this game gankers are not punished they are rewarded with the stupid Piercing achievement.

Bloodthirsty Defeat 10 player characters of the opposing faction. 10 points
  Merciless Defeat 100 player characters of the opposing faction. 20 points
Bonus Attribute: 75 Piercing
  Unrivaled Defeat 1,000 player characters of the opposing faction. 30 points
Bonus Attribute: 100 Piercing
  Aspect of War Defeat 10,000 player characters of the opposing faction. 55 points
Title: Blood Dragon

Channel for people who just wanna do their quests would be great. I had switched 5 times today and got ganked every time :c How fun when you get whole group just running and pulling you from tower whole time and then nice 2,5 min wait to switch to another channel with same crappy mentality. Yay for being in less populated faction maybe I should help this unbalance even more and switch too 8D.

1 hour ago, Rhinala said:

So according to your logic, in order to gain soulstone i need to buy it from the market place for 36 silver each (checked it now), i need 150 for my weapon and 150 for my accessories that means 108 g only for the soul stone, great logic, i can get about 17g for blackram and docs, so i have to farm about 8 days just for the soulestones. I got a great idea if PvP players find it that easy to get the soulstone then sell it for 5 silver each, with this price PvE players will never get close to the PvP area.

If those players are so PvP oriented why are a they attacking a player that is in the middle of gathering an item? or 5 against 1? this is a well balanced and fun PvP. Few days ago i was questing in misty woods ive seen a crimson going gather powder, i ignored him. a second after i started my gathering gathering he attacked me, wow this is so much fun.

Why can we use the taiwaninc logic of the game and give an unofficial channel to the pve players. you don't want it because you want the accuracy achievement, and pve players are easy meat.

I bought 90 soulstones on the gold I earned from dailies yesterday.  It's not that hard.  I mean hell, I have a full time job and a fiance, I only play a few hours a day and I split it between arena, faction shit, and dailies.  I don;t understand how someone who hates pvp and only wants to farm can't do what I can splitting my time limited time three ways.

You don't have to do anything, you are choosing to suit up and are therefore choosing to be pvp eligible.  If you do not wish to fight, don't suit up.  Farm dungeons, get drops you can sell, make money, buy the things you can't or don't want to farm.  

Also, before anyone accuses me of being okay with it cause i am in the strong faction or something.  I am a Crimson Legion Player on Mushin, so no, I am not speaking from the side that does all the ganking.

On my server, we are outnumbered 5 to 1. I used to not fight people, but when someone just sits there, waits for you to attack a mob for a quest, then proceeds to attack you and try to throw you into an elite, it becomes hard to tell who is nice or not. So now I will pk anyone close to me. I will not take the risk - if they truly do not want to fight, they will run the opposite direction.

Archived