There needs to be a requirement system for certain dungeons

I also agree there should be a requirement system for dungeons but it should have nothing to do with whatever pretty numbers show up on your stat window. It's an idea I had after FFXIV added something a bit similar in recent patches. There should be a three step solo instance version of whatever heroic you're trying to queue for. There would be two difficulty modes, 6-man and 4-man. 

First step should be just a stationary boss where you have to kill him (while he does nothing) within a certain amount of time kind of like mushin floor 8. Said stationary boss should have the same stats as the one in the real dungeon (where you would need the proper piercing/accuracy etc;) and if you are unable to pass this you won't be able to move on to the next phase. 

The next phase would be the same only there would be an NPC tank (or if your class was bm/kfm you would be the required tank) and the boss would still do his normal moves but the mechanics wouldn't be present. Again you would have to take him down while staying alive (the damage would be the same as in the actual dungeon) within the alotted time before you would be able to move on. 

The third phase would be the same as phase 2 only whatever boss mechanics exist would be present. You would be required to complete all mechanics while maintaining damage and dodging attacks and take down the boss in the alotted time. If you aren't able to pass all three stages you would be barred from queueing up for the dungeon. 

The main problem with people on this version is that because they can see stats in the window unlike every other version they assume that their numbers will be sufficient enough to clear content for them. Just like the OP and just like all the parties you see recruiting in f8 chat, people put way too much stock in AP and HP (which shouldn't be a factor because in reality it's dodge or die as most have found out since 50 cap dropped) and not in other important stats or most important of all how well someone plays. And for those saying that stats can be used as a benchmark, currency exchange exists and if someone chose to mindlessly farm SSP with the zerg or just did easy dailies consistently they would eventually meet your "geared" requirements, some without having set foot in the dungeon. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i also want to suggest a requirement: "no elitists allowed". gtfo that we will do the blue dungeons cause elitist pricks like you want 490ap for 6man Yeti. we do it with less than 450ap. but if you want to play like this, i go all in and i want 600 ap for 6man Yeti or BB. and if i don't like your character name you're instant rejected even if you have 1000ap. i will also start requesting 10ms or BB. i don't want your high ms to ruin my run. i hope to meet you in lobby with my requirements so that i won't accept you

I agree there should be at least some requirements to enter but OP suggestions are at ridiculous level. And saying Breeze weapon is easy to get, I think I have inspected only one person with that weapon so far lol 800g is not easy to make for most players

considering I've ran pugs in all of the new heroic dungeons with majority of players ~450 and completed them, you do not need high AP like you are saying to successfully complete these dungeons.  You need high AP for 4man but not for 6man.  

Sucks you got shitty players but that is the risk you run with pugs.  None of the content is hard (especially for those of us that played on other regions).  This region has dumb down the content making it super easy as Americans dislike hard content compared to other regions where AP matters along with skill.  

40 minutes ago, Zarec said:

considering I've ran pugs in all of the new heroic dungeons with majority of players ~450 and completed them, you do not need high AP like you are saying to successfully complete these dungeons.  You need high AP for 4man but not for 6man.  

Sucks you got shitty players but that is the risk you run with pugs.  None of the content is hard (especially for those of us that played on other regions).  This region has dumb down the content making it super easy as Americans dislike hard content compared to other regions where AP matters along with skill.  

You don't need high ap for 4man. You do need a healthy balance of the other equally if not more important stats (crit/crit damage/piercing/accuracy) though. That, and actually knowing how to play your class. 

First you made this thread

Got mocked to the maximum and now this.

I think you are just horrible at this game and the dungeons fail cause of you.You even wanted True pirate for labyrinth back then

You should consider uninstalling and play Tetris online

Ummm no, 420ap is enough for the new dungeons as long as you have siren and higher but not oathbreaker, unless your party members don't know what to do. Two days ago i ended up in a yeti party with 5 people who has over 510ap i was really happy thinking it would be fast but they kept dying when the boss was around 60%, i thought maybe they were lagging or caught off guard so i tried with few times, 2 hr later same thing so i left. I would support the idea of having party setting where you can restrict stuff or add requirements so they can't join you if they don't meet them.

2 hours ago, AttacKat said:

Thanks for the reminder. I think I am going to start asking for people with <50ms in my parties from now on. F*ck the 500AP BS, they might as label themselves as <350AP if they have 200ms ping. They will also be a lot more likely to die because they cannot even react to the boss in time.

Hahaha I can see this. LFM PPL with 50MS ping - ... OMG NOOB with 100 MS kick him plox !!! Noob internet !!! Get better internet plox and come and play Blade&Ping  ~~!!!~~~

9 hours ago, Fyk0 said:

I agree there should be at least some requirements to enter but OP suggestions are at ridiculous level. And saying Breeze weapon is easy to get, I think I have inspected only one person with that weapon so far lol 800g is not easy to make for most players

If you only inspect people once in awhile or only a few times in a while than of course there's less of a chance of you finding someone that has breeze weapon.

19 hours ago, Enamour said:

So if I have 463 AP and know the Yeti mechanics and can rip aggro off 490+ players, I should be barred off because I don't meet your requirements? Seems legit.

Two things, either you used threat generating skills or the 490 players were really really bad which i find unlikely. I can promise you without taunts, no undergear 460 player would be able to out aggro a decent 490+ player in heroics.

17 hours ago, AttacKat said:

ROTFLMAO, so much ^^ this ^^. 

My SMN is only at 452 and have done all Silverfrost dungeons. I only got the Moonwater soul today so he is at 462, yet, I always end up with the aggro. Those lame AP demands IMHO are just easy buttons those null-skill players want as their safety net. In all honesty, NCS should do it like FF14 ARR, where over-geared players gets tone down so they are required to do the dungeon with their skill, and not their deep pockets of gold.

You are a summoner so you probably taunted with your cat to gain aggro or like i said above, you were with really bad 490+ players if they managed to let a undergear 460 gain aggro. I kinda agree with you on your second point about ap not being the only requirement as i do think people also needs a decent - high crt rat and crt damage combined with geared ap to actually do things nicely.

16 hours ago, TigerKFM said:

I had a 310ap player in Necropolis with true pirate but infernal accessories....

I wished so badly that we had a proper kick feature.

Thank you.

16 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

I have a question to OP. How am I supposed to be good at a boos fight that I've never been to before? I don't have a usb port on the back of my skull where I can plug a flash drive with the experience of fighting the boss. Get over yourself everybody was in a dungeon for first time once. If you want people that have experience, assemble your own group instead of coming here to defend your lazy approaches.

I'll tell you how right now. You save up gold which is very easy in 50 contents, you can earn more than 50g per day by selling stuff with ornament which you'll have mutiple chances of getting. Then you watch a youtube video which is free. They show you all the fight and mechanic for free so there is no excuse. It only takes a few minutes.

9 hours ago, Ginki said:

i also want to suggest a requirement: "no elitists allowed". gtfo that we will do the blue dungeons cause elitist pricks like you want 490ap for 6man Yeti. we do it with less than 450ap. but if you want to play like this, i go all in and i want 600 ap for 6man Yeti or BB. and if i don't like your character name you're instant rejected even if you have 1000ap. i will also start requesting 10ms or BB. i don't want your high ms to ruin my run. i hope to meet you in lobby with my requirements so that i won't accept you

Kinda ironic that you're calling me a *elitist* when you're the one trying to demand 600 ap for a 6 man yeti.

These types of threads are often a waste of time. If someone wants 490AP then it's their choice but Yeti is easily doable at 420AP unless players suck. Awakened necro 400AP would be preferred and about the same for the other one. There is no shortage of players around 490AP and no shortage of players below 450AP so it should not even be an issue. Make use of party finder if you demand people to be certain requirements, really is that simple. Not everyone chooses to play the same way so each to their own. I usually go for groups having enough AP to complete the dungeon with the potential of a mistake or two occurring. I never ask for AP as high as my character has because that would just make me wait longer to get a group together for dungeons that don't need really high AP.

14 minutes ago, Exposing Hackers said:

Two things, either you used threat generating skills or the 490 players were really really bad which i find unlikely. I can promise you without taunts, no undergear 460 player would be able to out aggro a decent 490+ player in heroics.

No reason to use threat (nor any place to use it since I have Awk Oathbreaker) and there must be a lot of "bad" 490+ then. I just improved my damage rotation and Crit a lot, utilize my Thrall's 3 second AP buff and stack my Leech with Soulburn depending on the boss while using a V -> 4 -> RMB -> 4 -> F -> 4 constant rotation. If I'm lucky, I get all 3 procs on each iteration and constantly crit (~52% crit). The only class I consistently cannot out dps are FMs right now.

1 hour ago, Exposing Hackers said:

IKinda ironic that you're calling me a *elitist* when you're the one trying to demand 600 ap for a 6 man yeti.

as it seems you don't know what sarcasm is. i think i made it obvious that i use sarcasm. sarcasm #1 but if you want to play like this, i go all in and i want 600 ap for 6man Yeti or BB. sarcasm #2 and if i don't like your character name you're instant rejected even if you have 1000ap. sarcasm #3 i will also start requesting 10ms or BB... and you are elitist when you ask 490ap on 6-man Yeti. that's a fact

3 hours ago, Exposing Hackers said:

I'll tell you how right now. You save up gold which is very easy in 50 contents, you can earn more than 50g per day by selling stuff with ornament which you'll have mutiple chances of getting. Then you watch a youtube video which is free. They show you all the fight and mechanic for free so there is no excuse. It only takes a few minutes.

Youtube video does not in any way double as in person experience. It's easy to watch someone who has done the boss 100 times. 

Also did I ever ask how to make money? I didn't. But okay we'll play that game. I'll dissect your original post one paragraph at a time.

Far too many times have undergear players ruined the 3 heroic dungeons in pugs for me and my buddy. The same players that don't know simple boss mechanics are the same players that are undergear with less than 490 ap. This is true in most cases or at least all the ones i've seen. I understand its pug but still at least make sure you are good and geared enough before joining heroic dungeons or else you're just causing misery to other properly geared and legit players. If you aren't geared enough than there are 5 non heroic dungeons for you to do.

Don't go on pugs then. Problem solved. You'll avoid the misery as well. Or too lazy to make your own party and you want the game to do everything for you? I covered the stuff about the experience. Get over it, people don't learn math until they do it.

So you want to play only with the strong and experienced folk? Precious. Elitism in it's finest form.

"Geared enough" is not something for you to decide. You can decide what people you consider geared enough, but in no way what the dungeon's threshold should be. Remember you're nobody here, just like everyone else. Don't put yourself on a pedestal just cause you have a bit of gear. Your voice holds no weight.

You can easily get over 500 ap with just one oathbreaker accessory  and over 520 ap with breeze and 1 oathbreaker accessory. Not demanding people to get breeze weapon and full oathbreaker for 6 man  but you should at least have 1 or 2 oathbreaker accessory by this point. You had plenty of time to save up gold before the lv 50 content launched so its no excuse. I saved up over 800 gold before the lv 50 content launch and there are a good amount of players even richer than me. And i did it with one character so its no excuse.

Oh you can get stats by gearing up. What a surprise. Thank you for telling us this, professor!

On a more serious note - "You had plenty of time to save up gold before the lv 50 content" - and maybe, just maybe, people didn't grind too much and don't have that much gold? Or did that just go over your head? Maybe people chose to do something else, rather than play 4-6 hours a day?

520 ap check/breeze wep, 50%+ crt requirement for 4man yeti and 490 ap check/true pirate wep, 45%+crt requirement for 6 man yeti.

490 ap check for the other 2 remaining 4man heroic dungeons and 470 ap check for the other  2 remaining 6 man heroic dungeons

I understand if certain players are undergeared and still want to do dungeons. That is why we have those 5 non heroic dungeons for you to do. Heroic dungeons are called heroic for a reason, its not for undergear players. It's easy to make gold in the 50 content so even all you undergear players would get geared enough in no time for the heroic dungeons. You can make over 50g a day easily. You make 30g+18g if you get lucky with ornament+extra stuff you sell and it easily totals over 50g per day. If you're the pvp type than you can even get free naryu tablets from arena with beans in a few hours.

Okay fair enough, you have some concrete expectations of people. Can't apply to the whole community (as of lock people out of content by default). Period.

What happened to that "not demanding breeze weapon" thing you said earlier in that post?

If you understand that there are undergeared people (people that don't match YOUR criteria) who want to do dungeons, why is it so hard to understand that they might want to try these heroic dungeons? Or is it that according to you they shouldn't have the right to decide what they want to do and should do what you think they should? Mind your own business.

As for the "easily make gold". There is something that bothers me in that sentence and the one following it. "if you get lucky" - well whoop di doo, what if you don't?

"If you're the pvp type" - what if you're not? Or are you refusing to tell us how it goes with these scenarios? Also assume that the general player doesn't spend more than 2-3 hours per day online. And also assume that people play according to their own pace. Do you still think they can make 50g/day? If yes, write it down step by step. Let's see how many people will agree with what you have to say when you're not generalising.

I laugh at the 490 ap requirement.

I am 511 ap FM, and i do 6 man with 450 ap Des + 420ap Wl + other random guy from search eveyday, didn't fail a single time.

I tank all the time, for yeti i only need the random take heart and contribute some dps before death. For scorpion i solo one spot, my two friend take one, and let 3 random defend the last one.

On 4/4/2016 at 3:30 AM, KhaosThanathan said:

xDDD

This thread... I'm lost for words.

400+ AP is enough for every heroic 6-man-dungeon, 'cause mechanics > gear.

You're right about needing to know the boss mechanic but there is a enrage timer. Realisticly 400ap is not even enough for the non heroic 50 dungeons or naryu. 400 ap is the bare minimum for bloodshade. Is it possible to do the 50 non heroic with 400 ap, of course but the time it takes doesn't make sense as it was never intended for that low amount of ap.

On 4/3/2016 at 1:37 AM, Taemek said:

450 for 6 man.

480 for 4 man.

That's all it needs.

You're right 450 for 6 man naryu and 480 for 4 man naryu sounds fair.

27 minutes ago, Exposing Hackers said:

You're right about needing to know the boss mechanic but there is a enrage timer. Realisticly 400ap is not even enough for the non heroic 50 dungeons.

You're right 450 for 6 man naryu and 480 for 4 man naryu sounds fair.

You're kidding, right?

people have been doing naryu for 380+ ap before 50 patch and now this some guy says 450 ap should be minimum for naryu? o.o wut wat? maybe the dungeon was too hard for some, as we all know if you cant play with the mechanics might as well overpower it, ez for noobs

On 4/3/2016 at 2:12 AM, Exposing Hackers said:

Minimum of 540 ap , breeze wep, 50%+ crt requirement for 4man yeti and 500 ap check, true pirate wep, 45%+crt requirement for 6 man yeti.

Minimum of 510 ap, 50%+ for the other 2 remaining 4man heroic dungeons and 480 ap, 45%+ crt  for the other  2 remaining 6 man heroic dungeons

What about make your own damn PT?

I would agree with the player setting their own requirements before starting to party recruit.  But the problem is in the elitists and spreadsheet gamers and their standards using usually only one stat and ignoring the rest.  This causes people to not learn their class at its roots and use OP stats as a crutch instead of making it a challenge or learning their class, Kind of like missing the forest through the trees.  But, despite my objections to this idiocy it is their group and if you want to join them your using their set standards plain and simple.  However, NCSOFT should not enforce these as a standard and keep them as they are. If you don't like people with lower stats in your group and are the "get good" person instead of the one that actually attempts to coach; make your own party and enforce your own standards but don't forcefully shove them down everyone throats at the same time.  If you want to be a elietist jerk so be it but please keep it to yourself and never randomly join a pug group, save everyone the trouble of recruiting people over and over and over,,,,

Haha. I have assassin with 405ap and with soul burst+my v buff. I can crit over 11k. Rmb+f IF crits. 90%chance. rmb 10k. F 10k. And 4skill 11k dmg. No rmb animation with 5stacks of poison

Heck i stole agro from 480ap.

Thou i did go to yeti saw dude 49hm1 380ap everybody leaves cuz of him

Archived