There needs to be a requirement system for certain dungeons

Minimum of 540 ap , breeze wep, 50%+ crt requirement for 4man yeti and 500 ap check, true pirate wep, 45%+crt requirement for 6 man yeti.

Minimum of 510 ap, 50%+ for the other 2 remaining 4man heroic dungeons and 480 ap, 45%+ crt  for the other  2 remaining 6 man heroic dungeons

Far too many times have undergear players ruined the 3 heroic dungeons in pugs for me and my buddy. The same players that don't know simple boss mechanics are the same players that are undergear with less than 500 ap. This is true in most cases or at least all the ones i've seen. I understand its pug but still at least make sure you are good and geared enough before joining heroic dungeons or else you're just causing misery to other properly geared and legit players. If you aren't geared enough than there are 5 non heroic dungeons for you to do.

You can easily get over 500 ap with just one oathbreaker accessory  and over 520 ap with breeze and 1 oathbreaker accessory. Not demanding people to get breeze weapon and full oathbreaker for 6 man  but you should at least have 1 or 2 oathbreaker accessory by this point. You had plenty of time to save up gold before the lv 50 content launched so its no excuse. I saved up over 800 gold before the lv 50 content launch and there are a good amount of players even richer than me. And i did it with one character so its no excuse.

I understand if certain players are undergeared and still want to do dungeons. That is why we have those 5 non heroic dungeons for you to do. Heroic dungeons are called heroic for a reason, its not for undergear players. It's easy to make gold in the 50 content so even all you undergear players would get geared enough in no time for the heroic dungeons. You can make over 50g a day easily. You make 30g+18g if you get lucky with ornament+extra stuff you sell and it easily totals over 50g per day. If you're the pvp type than you can even get free naryu tablets from arena with beans in a few hours.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You forgot Kappa. But seriously, not all players are no-life-grind-all-day like you. Regarding to your "standard", AP couldn't be more relevant than skill. The fact that you require that high AP and *cricket* about it proves that you're no better than a scrub.

*cricket* it. I got baited

This is pretty much the elitism people hate. You do know you can use the party search to get team that you like but of course it will take longer. Not all heroic need that much. AP isn't telling the truth of how much DPS you can do. I have easily finished heroic dungeons with my noobish undergeared 420-430 AP.

17 minutes ago, Exposing Hackers said:

It's easy to make gold in the 50 content so even all you undergear players would get geared enough in no time for the heroic dungeons. You can make over 50g a day easily. You make 30g+18g if you get lucky with ornament+extra stuff you sell and it easily totals over 50g per day. If you're the pvp type than you can even get free naryu tablets from arena with beans in a few hours.

This is where you logic is flawed. Undergeared peope should not do those three heroic dungeons. Aside from Naryu Labyrinth and Mushin Tower where again did those Honorary Ornaments or other good stuff that people bid high for drop?

17 minutes ago, Exposing Hackers said:

Far too many times have undergear players ruined the 3 heroic dungeons in pugs for me and my buddy. The same players that don't know simple boss mechanics are the same players that are undergear with less than 490 ap. This is true in most cases or at least all the ones i've seen. I understand its pug but still at least make sure you are good and geared enough before joining heroic dungeons or else you're just causing misery to other properly geared and legit players. If you aren't geared enough than there are 5 non heroic dungeons for you to do.

You can easily get over 500 ap with just one oathbreaker accessory  and over 510 ap with breeze and 1 oathbreaker accessory. Not demanding people to get breeze weapon and full oathbreaker but you should at least have 1 or 2 oathbreaker accessory by this point. You had plenty of time to save up gold before the lv 50 content launched so its no excuse. I saved up over 800 gold before the lv 50 content launch and there are a good amount of players even richer than me. And i did it with one character so its no excuse.

510 ap check requirement for 4man yeti and 490 ap check requirement for 6 man yeti

490 ap check for the other 2 remaining 4man heroic dungeons and 470 ap check for the other  2 remaining 6 man heroic dungeons

I understand if certain players are undergeared and still want to do dungeons. That is why we have those 5 non heroic dungeons for you to do. Heroic dungeons are called heroic for a reason, its not for undergear players. It's easy to make gold in the 50 content so even all you undergear players would get geared enough in no time for the heroic dungeons. You can make over 50g a day easily. You make 30g+18g if you get lucky with ornament+extra stuff you sell and it easily totals over 50g per day. If you're the pvp type than you can even get free naryu tablets from arena with beans in a few hours.

450 for 6 man.

480 for 4 man.

That's all it needs.

Easy to get 50 gold per day? LOL! First off, not everyone wants to pay real money for a membership just so they can get some extra fake money everyday. Second, even though some of us like playing this game quite a bit... we actually have lives, school, jobs, social lives, responsibilities, and vacations. AKA, not everyone should have a perfect geared character. BTW... I realize that I'm not geared for those heroic dungeons so I'm waiting until I get 450 ap. That should be freakin fine and other people seem to agree that that is a solid number. Get off your high horse.

1 hour ago, Enamour said:

So if I have 463 AP and know the Yeti mechanics and can rip aggro off 490+ players, I should be barred off because I don't meet your requirements? Seems legit.

ROTFLMAO, so much ^^ this ^^. 

My SMN is only at 452 and have done all Silverfrost dungeons. I only got the Moonwater soul today so he is at 462, yet, I always end up with the aggro. Those lame AP demands IMHO are just easy buttons those null-skill players want as their safety net. In all honesty, NCS should do it like FF14 ARR, where over-geared players gets tone down so they are required to do the dungeon with their skill, and not their deep pockets of gold.

2 hours ago, Exposing Hackers said:

510 ap check requirement for 4man yeti and 490 ap check requirement for 6 man yeti

490 ap check for the other 2 remaining 4man heroic dungeons and 470 ap check for the other  2 remaining 6 man heroic dungeons

This made me chuckle. 490 AP for 6man Yeti? 470 AP for the other two 6man?

I've already done those dungeons with my clan and they all have 430~440 AP. Cleared them easily.

Elitism is too stronk with this post.

I have a question to OP. How am I supposed to be good at a boos fight that I've never been to before? I don't have a usb port on the back of my skull where I can plug a flash drive with the experience of fighting the boss. Get over yourself everybody was in a dungeon for first time once. If you want people that have experience, assemble your own group instead of coming here to defend your lazy approaches.

10 minutes ago, TigerKFM said:

I had a 310ap player in Necropolis with true pirate but infernal accessories....

I wished so badly that we had a proper kick feature.

That kinda doesn't make sense because with True Pirate alone you would get more AP. I am at Awakened Pirate with the shitty Infernal accessories (trying now to upgrade accessories since I noticed my other stats than AP being quite poor) and I have 428 AP. Even without my AP Diamond I would have still 402 AP so either that guy had something else than True Pirate or you typoed 410 AP. Having True Pirate at stage 1 isn't excuse either because when upgrading weapon you don't suddenly lose 100 AP. Maybe you meant True Profane? :)

4 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

I have a question to OP. How am I supposed to be good at a boos fight that I've never been to before? I don't have a usb port on the back of my skull where I can plug a flash drive with the experience of fighting the boss. Get over yourself everybody was in a dungeon for first time once. If you want people that have experience, assemble your own group instead of coming here to defend your lazy approaches.

Experience comes from random parties and youtube videos. Before going to any dungeon I did some research of how it works but as I am stupid mongrel dog I didn't really understand anything from videos so I got some nice person explaining the dungeons/bosses when we got to that part.

13 minutes ago, TigerKFM said:

I had a 310ap player in Necropolis with true pirate but infernal accessories....

I wished so badly that we had a proper kick feature.

That's not possible... the true pirate weapon itself gives 310AP. Infernal accessories would add a little bit, plus the fact that all characters have base AP determined by their level.

Still, I find it funny though, seeing a lot of true pirate players that skipped on accessories and have considerably subpar crit/crit damage.

lol you are aware you can advertise in xserver things like 450+ AP only etc etc?  You can lock the party down and only allow people with what you want to join before entering -_- i do this all the time and never have inexperienced low gear people in my parties.

The op is why we cant have nice things.

400 ap is enough for 6man Yeti, 4 man is where you can have your we shouldnt have to try at all gearing reqs. 

Has not been long ago I had someone in Yeti with 340ish ap and like 28k hp and underleveled. They sucked as much as there gear did and genuinely needed removed, sadly the op is why this will never happen. 

Even though I have 500 ap, it doesnt bother me at all seeing 400 ap players in Yeti, as long as when I look at there soul shield I see crit fused onto there shield, I know they are trying and I am ok with that. Below 400 and under max level does cause me to grimace though. There should be minimum reqs for the purps, the op should not be the one setting them either. 

22 minutes ago, KatHead said:

The op is why we cant have nice things.

400 ap is enough for 6man Yeti, 4 man is where you can have your we shouldnt have to try at all gearing reqs. 

Has not been long ago I had someone in Yeti with 340ish ap and like 28k hp and underleveled. They sucked as much as there gear did and genuinely needed removed, sadly the op is why this will never happen. 

Even though I have 500 ap, it doesnt bother me at all seeing 400 ap players in Yeti, as long as when I look at there soul shield I see crit fused onto there shield, I know they are trying and I am ok with that. Below 400 and under max level does cause me to grimace though. There should be minimum reqs for the purps, the op should not be the one setting them either. 

Ofc 400 AP is more then enough to finish every 6 man dng in this game. But you should do 4 man with your friend's or get a good clan. That's the whole point of it. Going on TS and getting some challange. In 6 man's if you see a cancer guy just tell people to vote and kick him if they don't replay or if you see a cancer party just leave and join another you will win time not lose it, trust me ...

P.S I did Naryu Labirint with low AP people who wanted to learn the dng and listen. And once I did it with 450+ AP party where I thought,  yeah one dailys would be fast. Guess what? We wiped at second boss and people started to leave.

My point it's not about AP you have to learn your class and rotation. So I am glad we will see dmg maters like in wow. why? because i will laugh my ass off when i see some guy who has 100+ more AP get outdps'ed by someone who has a lot less :)

Jeah these stupidly undergeared players with <800 AP.

Seriously tho.. i'm happy if people dont have profane in yeti lol. And if they ask about mechanics if it's their first time. If you want fast runs then you should not use f8 and run with a guild or smth. But i agree that yeti (only talking about yeti here) should require at least an 400+ AP limit. Everything below is just a joke and will be carried by the group since the enrage timer is pretty tough.

It's very hard to wipe on 6 man yeti. What should be limited for AP is 4 man, not 6 man but like others have said, you can find people in the AP requirements you want. Either way idgaf as long as you know what you're doing.

2 hours ago, Evilline said:

why? because i will laugh my ass off when i see some guy who has 100+ more AP get outdps'ed by someone who has a lot less :)

I honestly dont care one way or the other about dps meters, it would be nice for me to be able to gauge my performance and to use it for a tool to improve with. Ping / ability delay is such a huge factor in this game in the amount of dps you do, it would be really hard for me think to poorly of someone who put in the effort to get the gear but isnt producing the numbers. 

Ex. Mushin Tower, since day 1 has been sluggish for me. I would estimate my dps is as much as 25% off in this instance because of this. I can leave and go anywhere else and be back to my normal ani cancel speed and be getting in all my attacks as usual.  In mushin though, it is always ALWAYS delayed.

7 hours ago, Taemek said:

450 for 6 man.

Even 450 is a total overkill for 6 man Yeti.

My lowest group had - randomly through F8:

1 Person at 385

4 Persons between 410-430

Me at 455.

We killed Yeti with 1.5 mins remaining.

OH MY GOD - Know how it worked? We actually did the mechanics properly, which automatically results in maximum uptime on the Yeti.

Yeti and any other 6 man Purple doing is tuned around 420 gear - and can easily be done in this gear.

If OP honestly thinks that average gear required for Yeti is 490 AP - then he must be an absolutely abyssmal player himself.

You can easily get over 500 ap with just one oathbreaker accessory  and over 510 ap with breeze and 1 oathbreaker accessory.

You need fully upgraded True Siren Gear and a True Pirate Weapon and a Soul to get to 500 AP.

That's still stuff most people will not have.

8 hours ago, Exposing Hackers said:

and 490 ap check requirement for 6 man yeti

So you want it to make an "requirement" to mindlessly overgear the dungeon already. I have 434 AP and my dps is more then fine for Yeti 6man. Your "requirement" only applies to people that have no idea how to play their class or how the encounter works as a whole. And if theres a guy in the grp that doesnt know the tactic you could simply tell him. Problem solved

If your group members die to the yeti mechanics because they dont know how he works, or simply fail the CC at the final cold phase then you would wipe even with 550 AP.

45 minutes ago, KatHead said:

Ping / ability delay is such a huge factor in this game in the amount of dps you do,

Thanks for the reminder. I think I am going to start asking for people with <50ms in my parties from now on. F*ck the 500AP BS, they might as label themselves as <350AP if they have 200ms ping. They will also be a lot more likely to die because they cannot even react to the boss in time.

All they need to do is make it so when you create a dungeon lobby you can have a tick box of the requirements you want for people to enter YOUR specific dungeon lobby. Then it only prevents the players who are lower than YOUR specific want requirement won't be able to enter YOUR lobby, but they can still enjoy the dungeon with hundreds of other players who do not mind the low AP. This can also work for people specifically recruiting for 1 blademaster, or 2 assassins, or 5 summoners for their party.

Archived