Please change how boss in Soulston plain works

Noren

Rather than complaining that the boss keep killing you, why not upgrade your gears and learn how to dodge their attack. I'm pretty sure there is a reason why it is so hard. Melee tend to be tough because they have no range and i am playing BM where i tried not to rush to attack so that i wont get hit by their painful AOE.

Its broken for destroyer. i have good gear, but cant iframe any thing. with the low fps , and massiv lag. Only way to do this is make a range class. As ncsoft will clearly not fix any thing. That dont give them more money.

Once you upgrade your gear, the terrors become slightly more manageable but its still horse shit for melees. There's always the danger of a quick, double unblockable aoe and boom your're dead. Also if you get aggro and can't get rid of it quick, you just die. No one even bothers with the last boss anymore because its just so bad and he constantly resets because melees die and then the ranged classes run away.

On 4/4/2016 at 9:34 AM, Rockbridge said:

Once you upgrade your gear, the terrors become slightly more manageable but its still horse shit for melees. There's always the danger of a quick, double unblockable aoe and boom your're dead. Also if you get aggro and can't get rid of it quick, you just die. No one even bothers with the last boss anymore because its just so bad and he constantly resets because melees die and then the ranged classes run away.

No one is talking about Mistywoods Terrors, it's the soulstone plains bosses that has multiple AOE attacks vs destroyers whos iframe skills does not work. Please refrain from giving advice, if you do not understand the issue. 

The terrors definitely take some getting use to and gear to be sure but they arn't nigh-impossible.  That being said, i think there are a couple things that could be adjusted to make it a tad easier given the average situation.  

The small AoE that splashes every half second, 3 times for 20k a pop with no warning (comes up as gun, shot, something or other in the logs) could either be slowed down a little so people with a lower FPS could dodge a tick or two, or it could be given a minimum range (let them smug ranged people have to deal with an attack a little more often like us melee plebs ^_^ ).

The large triple pulsing AoE /w knockback wouldn't be so bad for melee if it didn't knock them back repeatedly (or so far) that they have to eat the entire thing for 50k.

either of those or some cooldowns on the insta-gib attacks would help.  I'd rather run off and try to get a few extra points of prestige then spend a couple min rezzing people.

On 3.04.2016 at 4:13 AM, Noren said:

As a melee it's pretty much impossible to do, their attacks just kill us, you need to fix this abomination! I can't get any quest done in Soulstone plains!

O maybe learn your class and equip right soulshield? im melee class and dont have any problems out there

9 hours ago, Ghayatea said:

RO maybe learn your class and equip right soulshield? im melee class and dont have any problems out there

Or maybe you should stop with the l2p and actual know what you are talking about? Because a ton of people are having the same issue as me, and I'm guessing l2p is not the answer, buddy. 

• 2 weeks later...

It is a true .... this abomination is almost impossible for melees - terrors and last big pig during mining phase....like wtf is that. Even if u dont wanna farm pp point and u just need daily q done its nightmare to do. Every1 here who said its learnable to dodge are propably ranged in game.....exp melee and go learn it when u get 1 knockback then bam bam dead all in 1 sec. Yes u can dodge it if there arent fps drops like mothafuka and lagspikes- its horrible desgigned. Lets say u are god in the game u learn how to survive now  here comes that even better part - u need loot from them so to be ale dodge and survive u have to stop doing damage or slow down to not be locked on global cd  to be able iframe those 0.1 sec red aoes = 0damage during that time...u have to  run around  to be in hitbox of last pig which is charging around like dumbass and oneshoting everything = 0damage during that time - meanwhile every ranged dps just standing here doing their most efective rotation and burst to earn as much pp is possible = negating your damage.  

and at the end if u manage do those and survive then there is another surprise waiting for you---invisble oneshoting ceru/crimson masked imbecile with gun. This place is seriously a biggest joke of this game.

On 3/4/2016 at 7:17 AM, Pach said:

Rather than complaining that the boss keep killing you, why not upgrade your gears and learn how to dodge their attack. I'm pretty sure there is a reason why it is so hard. Melee tend to be tough because they have no range and i am playing BM where i tried not to rush to attack so that i wont get hit by their painful AOE.

Oh really? How comes that never appeared to me. Try to dodge when you have 15 fps.

5 minutes ago, InstantDeath said:

Melee tend to be tough because they have no range and i am playing BM where i tried not to rush to attack so that i wont get hit by their painful AOE.

Thast funny coz they spam those aoe like mad - if there are not enough players to actualy cc them then u gonna die no matter what u do. 

And ofc if u wait and dont rush with attack u dont get any loot or pp...its simple and dumb as that.

Archived