Upgrade Costs

Altros

This is meant to be more of an informative post than a rant post.  I will start by saying that I am not max gear as far as this current patch is concerned.  I also discovered I won't be after seeing these numbers.

Upgrade Cost Spreadsheet

That spread sheet details the cost, assuming you bought the materials at current market rates, to go from true pirate wep/true siren acc (+awakened siren belt & pirate bracelet) to the current max level.  The unit cost on things isn't maintained in real time but it gets the point across.  It should be noted that it does not have the cost for upgrading the soul all the way.

A rough estimate of what it takes to fully upgrade you wep+acc (not including soul) if you are not premium AND farm the naryu tablets is: 6,800 G.  IF you do buy the naryu tablets, that number becomes 9,700 G.

Assuming you make 42G a day off of dailies and religiously crafting silverfrost stones (30.25G is max you can make from dailies, add in 12G from net profit on stones) it would take you ~162 days to fully upgrade.  At the rate NCSoft is rushing us through patches, you don't have that long before new content comes out.

As I said, this is more of an informative post to get the truth behind upgrade costs out there as some people seem to think dailies brings in enough income to fully upgrade.  They do.  After ~162 days.

If someone from NCSoft sees this I hope they can bring it up to someone as it was my belief that legendary weapons were kept out of the game because there wasn't enough gold generation in the game to prevent them from becoming P2W.  We're in much the same situation here.  You cannot reasonably upgrade you gear before the next patch, which will most likely drop in 5 weeks at the latest, without dropping obscene amounts of money in the game or getting extremely lucky with drops.

I wouldnt waste my breath. The only way NCWest is even going to pay attention to upgrade costs is when the playerbase diminishes to a point where servers require merging. Its all rather unfortunate, but costs will only increase ever further (on TW before True Scorpio, each dart was 8-9g). Im glad that it takes half a year of doing 40 dailies/day to have a chance in hell at upgrading. Lets say you get lucky with certain drops like recipes and such to lessen your costs, it still takes an absurd amount of money to upgrade. There'll come a point where new content will be unable to be done by more than the 1% of the game due to sky-high costs. All rather unfortunate and this will only serve to make more people leave the game.

Archived