BM Lightning or Fire?

sirfaq

You can change skillpoints anytime m8. Just click on a skill, you will see it's tiers and forms, click on the one you like and it will set the points to it (if you have some or if some are already set on another form of the same skill). To remove points, you can either RMB or click on "retrain". There are topics already talking about Fire vs Lightning.

Fires main damage is in draw stance using left key I think it's called breeze it is very quick and u do left left left right left left left right etc.. it's good but the damage is a bit low but you will not run out of chi. 

While lightning if you use V skill and left right u can deal massive damage but u will run out of chi soon.

For PvP use Arena match skill points on recommended 

And I'll suggest you practice lightning skills they overall do more damage I think

Lightning is better for PvP for sure. For fire, their main damage is flicker, and its very fast, but animation canceling is faster. And while in pve the sustained from fire might be alright, in pvp, your windows of damage are shorter, and it makes using honed blade better than fire flicker.

Fire is safer. You can always block-cancel, E-cancel, Q-cancel, etc. out of flickers and pierce. It's not bad for learning boss patterns, doing Mushin's Tower, or tanking in one position with the boss facing one direction only.

Lightning does more DPS against the punching bags NCsoft calls dungeon bosses. Make sure to spec flicker straight down for that 5% crit buff, sundering for chi, and ss for extra draw stance.

Fire build could be more relevant because dragon tongue allows you to ani-cancel breeze and pierce for 4 seconds.  I am not sure about spamming flicker... but I feel like the fire build is focused on pierce and dragon tongue.  I am not sure about the damage, but pierce is fast and hoongmoon pierce goes through deflect and defense.  When I tried fire build, I switch to draw stance (lightning draw, blindside, evade), dragon tongue, switch to blade stance (blindside), ani-cancel breeze+pierce, lunar slash, pierce, then repeat with other skills in between of course. 

But I am sticking with lightning build, because I'm more familiar and been using it since the start.  But I do see potential in fire build.

I would really like to play with HM pierce and dragontongue in pvp. Since other classes don't know much about it, pierce would come in really handy against destroyers and blade dancers. What is their main reaction when someone starts attacking them? Spin to win ofc. But if pierce went through parry, they'd just eat all the damage and die. I wanna see that.
Also fire build can do very impressive damage at low ping. That pierce-breeze ani-cancel is incredibly strong. Too bad arena is in Texas. Stingy NCSoft

Archived