Moggie

Goodbye from Moggie

Moggie   

A little bit late since I actually left Tuesday, but I figured I'd make a quick post anyway.

These aren't complaints, just general feedback of my gameplay experiences during my time here so devs or whoever can get some idea of the game's difficulty level if they want to.

In 2 months of playing every day, I still do not know what any of the bosses look like from blue or purple moonwater dungeons, nor do I know what anything looks like in Mushin's tower past floor 3, even after hours of practice. And due to that, I never got past awakened profane. I've been playing games for around 20 years so I'm familiar with general mechanics. I can only imagine how much worse it would be for someone just now entering the gaming community.

That's about it. I did still have a lot of fun doing misty woods faction dailies, but after a while I realized that's all  I'm logging in to do anymore, and it can't stay entertaining forever. I played the new content up to level 46 before losing interest in proceeding, so I won't know how the rest of the game is.

Thanks everyone who made my time here more enjoyable, and best of wishes to all of you.

Enamour   
Just now, Moggie said:

No, I had way more than enough money from crafting. I needed the brightstone weapon.

So why didn't you just spend gold on a Brilliant Moonwater key via Currency Exchange?

Zuzu   

It was that difficult for you to just do 24man dungeons for money to upgrade your gear?

Not saying asking this to sound mean or anything.

Just seems like a lack of effort in actually doing anything to progress seeing that you've played every day for the past 2 months.

Saoyara   

Well if you really played for 2 months practising everyday I cannot believe that you didnt even touch the dungeons, neither past the third floor at mushin, cool story. In case that is for real, then all I can tell you is that probably this isnt your kind of game and you might want to go back to WoW or so, cause trust me this game is pretty easy PvE wise...

Moggie   
Just now, Zuzu said:

It was that difficult for you to just do 24man dungeons for money to upgrade your gear?

Not saying asking this to sound mean or anything.

Just seems like a lack of effort in actually doing anything to progress seeing that you've played every day for the past 2 months.

No, I had way more than enough money from crafting. I needed the brightstone weapon.

Zuzu   
Just now, Moggie said:

Didn't have the free Brilliant Moonwater key to just get your weapon right away?

Since I know it came be a pain from what my clan mates have suffered.

Moggie   
Just now, Zuzu said:

Didn't have the free Brilliant Moonwater key to just get your weapon right away?

Since I know it came be a pain from what my clan mates have suffered.

I never got a brightstone weapon box. I was planning on using a brilliant key if I ever got one.

3 minutes ago, Moggie said:

I never got a brightstone weapon box. I was planning on using a brilliant key if I ever got one.

What? Are you sure you are running the right dungeon? 

Zuzu   
2 minutes ago, Moggie said:

Wat.

You should've gotten one from the daily quest alone. It should be guaranteed from what I remember.

And how many times have you ran it?

Moggie   
Just now, Zuzu said:

Wat.

You should've gotten one from the daily quest alone. It should be guaranteed from what I remember.

And how many times have you ran it?

I ran it probably 4 or 5 times but never finished it. As I said, I still don't know what any of the moonwater dungeon bosses look like.

3 minutes ago, Moggie said:

I ran it probably 4 or 5 times but never finished it. As I said, I still don't know what any of the moonwater dungeon bosses look like.

....but why...

Zuzu   
1 minute ago, Moggie said:

Are you trying to solo it or what?

I can see why you haven't cleared anything if you are trying to solo everything.

You can easily clear it if you just go with a party through F7 or F8.

14 minutes ago, Moggie said:

Wut??????

Hatsunya   

Yeah good topic.

"hi i went to dungeon but i didnt kill last boss and im unable to continue my weapons so i quit"

Yamyatos   

Sorry if i got anything wrong.. but i actually find this post very confusing.

So.. you played for two months, every day.. but you did not do a single blue or purple dungeon in moonwater (and silverfrost)? Then.. sorry but.. what the hell have you been doing?

Other than that, even with profane gear i have a hard time imagining that you were not able to beat the 4th floor of the tower if you practiced a bit - well unless you play with a 500 ping or so of course. But then again.. it should be doable. What does practicing mean for you? Repeating it over and over again just to die and not learn, or are you actually thinking about how to improve yourself. While some of it is related to gear, the first stage where people generally are getting stuck is 7, and after that 8. At the point where you are stuck there everything before that should be easily doable first try.. so excuse my confusion when you say that you practices for 4th floor. 

Also.. you tried the new content until level 46 and then lost interest. Again.. what did you do if you dont do dungeons? And level 46 is literally 2 yellow quests or so - so did you play like 30 minutes of the new content? 

I hope this post doesnt sound too rough, because it's not meant that way. These are actual questions.. i just cant understand how the things you have told us can possibly fit together to be honest.

And well, about your brightstone problem. You said you ran the dungeons 4-5 times but never finished it. Did you run it with a group? It's a 6 man dungeon. While these dungeons are solo-able if you have decent/good gear and know the mechanics, this is not a single player game. If you had a group.. i have a hart time imagining that you didnt beat it - even tho sometimes there is a person afk but unless over half the party is afk the dungeon should be doable. 

Other than that: you get one weapon chest for the repeatable, internal dungeon quest that finished after completion. That chest then has a 1/8 chance to contain your weapon. And sometimes there will be a weapon drop to bid on too. You'll also get a moonwater key from the survey, so you can use it for this dungeon if you did not use it for hujikar.

Moggie   
18 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

Are you trying to solo it or what?

I can see why you haven't cleared anything if you are trying to solo everything.

You can easily clear it if you just go with a party through F7 or F8.

Yeah my friend has been unavailable for the past month or so. I tried kung fu master, assassin, and summoner. Summoner did considerably better than the rest but still no luck with getting past the first miniboss. I don't use F7/F8, I prefer being acquainted with people before partying with them.

1 minute ago, Yamyatos said:

Sorry if i got anything wrong.. but i actually find this post very confusing.

So.. you played for two months, every day.. but you did not do a single blue or purple dungeon in moonwater (and silverfrost)? Then.. sorry but.. what the hell have you been doing?

Other than that, even with profane gear i have a hard time imagining that you were not able to beat the 4th floor of the tower if you practiced a bit - well unless you play with a 500 ping or so of course. But then again.. it should be doable. What does practicing mean for you? Repeating it over and over again just to die and not learn, or are you actually thinking about how to improve yourself. While some of it is related to gear, the first stage where people generally are getting stuck is 7, and after that 8. At the point where you are stuck there everything before that should be easily doable first try.. so excuse my confusion when you say that you practices for 4th floor. 

Also.. you tried the new content until level 46 and then lost interest. Again.. what did you do if you dont do dungeons? And level 46 is literally 2 yellow quests or so - so did you play like 30 minutes of the new content? 

I played around 3 hours of the new content, up until I arrived at some place with "Cafe" in its name. And I have been doing blue and purple dungeons, just failing miserably and never clearing any. As far as Mushin's tower, if I remember correctly, I got to floor 3. There were 2 people with reasonable hp, which I was able to clear, and then someone with much greater hp, who insta-kills me after everyone teams up on me when I attack him.

Eimi   

The game seems pretty heavily centered around being able to easily find random parties and regularly completing group content to progress.

Going against that sounds very difficult for the higher levels ~ can't really think of any advice for that since i've not managed to find any fun guild either so far :3

Since you stopped playing, you probably aren't particularly interested in this but, as far as the 3rd level of the tower goes ~

You can clear out the mobs on the edge of the room without aggroing everyone in the entire room, just the current middle boss group & the 3 mobs you're attacking.

The side mobs don't respawn so after killing a pack, or even one/ two if that's all you can manage, you can run out the room and reset the middle boss, then repeat till the room's clear.

Alternatively, since some classes, like kfm can knock ppls unconscious after a grab, you could also do this repeatedly to the middle boss while you go around disposing of packs of the mobs on the side ~

Either way, fighting bomani & the entire room at the same time isn't really a good idea if you're just starting out ><

Hopefully it brings you some peace of mind to know that what you were trying to do was probably not meant to succeed ^^

Zuzu   
9 minutes ago, Moggie said:

Yeah my friend has been unavailable for the past month or so. I tried kung fu master, assassin, and summoner. Summoner did considerably better than the rest but still no luck with getting past the first miniboss. I don't use F7/F8, I prefer being acquainted with people before partying with them.

So this is pretty much your own fault to why you haven't progressed in anything.

You can easily just go with randoms but you decide to go the harder path and try to solo everything.

This has nothing to do with the difficulty of the game rather it's your preference that's holding you back.

Yamyatos   
18 minutes ago, Moggie said:

I played around 3 hours of the new content, up until I arrived at some place with "Cafe" in its name. And I have been doing blue and purple dungeons, just failing miserably and never clearing any. As far as Mushin's tower, if I remember correctly, I got to floor 3. There were 2 people with reasonable hp, which I was able to clear, and then someone with much greater hp, who insta-kills me after everyone teams up on me when I attack him.

Well as i already said.. this is not a single player game. You wont be able to clear the purple dungeons alone. There is this thing called enrage timer.. in the new level 50 purple dungeons these are quite tough to meet even with some 6 man groups. Just use f8, everyone does it. If you dont know something or it's ur first time: just say so. In 9/10 times people will explain it to you and you'll actually find nice people this way whom you can add and make friends with.

Other than that.. third floor of mushin. Well. Sure. There is a reason the people at the walls only attack you at the last boss. Because you are supposed to kill them before that - the other "bosses" are just a mechanic to annoy you a bit and keep you on the feet and keeping you from eating to gain health. Think of the tower of mushin as a general combat school or something, each floor has some kind of mechanic it wants to teach you to get better. Floor 3 is fighting a lot of enemies / with ranged enemies in it. It's actually one of the harder rooms depending on your class if you only got profane gear so far, but definitely doable with some training. It's a challenge. Generally, after you did it once you'll be able to repeat and improve it each time you repeat it^^

But well, i guess since this is supposed to be a good bye thread you already gave up. To be honest.. if you intended to solo this game it's probably the better choice since it's an mmorpg and not meant to be played this way. You'll only get frustrated.

Moggie   
1 minute ago, Zuzu said:

So this is pretty much your own fault to why you haven't progressed in anything.

You can easily just go with randoms but you decide to go the harder path and try to solo everything.

This has nothing to do with the difficulty of the game rather it's your preference that's holding you back.

That is one way to look at it. Again, this isn't a complaint thread, just my own personal experience. However, from a professional standpoint, scaling dungeons around a specific sized party is bad game design. Yes, it's a multiplayer game, however the point of that is to be part of a community because you want to, not because you are forced to. When you party up with people because you are forced to, they are no longer fellow people, but rather tools you are using to your advantage. And that takes away from the community aspect in general.

7 minutes ago, Yamyatos said:

Other than that.. third floor of mushin. Well. Sure. There is a reason the people at the walls only attack you at the last boss. Because you are supposed to kill them before that - the other "bosses" are just a mechanic to annoy you a bit and keep you on the feet and keeping you from eating to gain health. Think of the tower of mushin as a general combat school or something, each floor has some kind of mechanic it wants to teach you to get better. Floor 3 is fighting a lot of enemies / with ranged enemies in it. It's actually one of the harder rooms depending on your class if you only got profane gear so far, but definitely doable with some training. It's a challenge. Generally, after you did it once you'll be able to repeat and improve it each time you repeat it^^

I did not know that, and it makes sense. I think they could have been a bit more clear about it, however. As someone who plays with a high sense of honor and chivalry, my first inclination was to go for the main challenger directly.

Zuzu   
28 minutes ago, Moggie said:

That is one way to look at it. Again, this isn't a complaint thread, just my own personal experience. However, from a professional standpoint, scaling dungeons around a specific sized party is bad game design. Yes, it's a multiplayer game, however the point of that is to be part of a community because you want to, not because you are forced to. When you party up with people because you are forced to, they are no longer fellow people, but rather tools you are using to your advantage. And that takes away from the community aspect in general.

You forget that you can use your words when you join a random party. It doesn't force you to stay silent.

I've already made plenty of friends just simply speaking to them, cross server and on my regular server.
Again, because of your own preference and seems like the inability to type to people, you're quitting the game. Which doesn't seem like a good reason to quit.

Aevri   

That is what forums is for, when you don't understand stuffs or feel lost in progression you ask them here to get straight answers. But if you are simply bored of the contents then that's another story no one can fix it. Is good to take a break if that's the case.

Moggie   
56 minutes ago, Eimi said:

The game seems pretty heavily centered around being able to easily find random parties and regularly completing group content to progress.

Going against that sounds very difficult for the higher levels ~ can't really think of any advice for that since i've not managed to find any fun guild either so far :3

Since you stopped playing, you probably aren't particularly interested in this but, as far as the 3rd level of the tower goes ~

You can clear out the mobs on the edge of the room without aggroing everyone in the entire room, just the current middle boss group & the 3 mobs you're attacking.

The side mobs don't respawn so after killing a pack, or even one/ two if that's all you can manage, you can run out the room and reset the middle boss, then repeat till the room's clear.

Alternatively, since some classes, like kfm can knock ppls unconscious after a grab, you could also do this repeatedly to the middle boss while you go around disposing of packs of the mobs on the side ~

Either way, fighting bomani & the entire room at the same time isn't really a good idea if you're just starting out ><

Hopefully it brings you some peace of mind to know that what you were trying to do was probably not meant to succeed ^^

Thanks and I do appreciate the advice. If I decide to return some day I'll keep that in mind.

10 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

You forget that you can use your words when you join a random party. It doesn't force you to stay silent.

I've already made plenty of friends just simply speaking to them, cross server and on my regular server.
Again, because of your own preference and seems like the inability to type to people, you're quitting the game. Which doesn't seem like a good reason to quit.

I've said hi to a lot of people. Sometimes I'll get a "hi" back, but no one wants to talk. That wasn't really the issue so much as the fact that we are forced to party up in the first place, making them more of an accessory than a human being. The community should be a feature, not a requirement, or else it takes the magic of it away, because we're only partaking in it because we have to.

3 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

He explains himself quite clearly which is understandable. Some people like to play a certian way that that's fine. One thing to note is that this game does limit players for some odd reason and everyone knows that. We shouldn't need to rely on parties to clear or go through game content. One example, at the moment I am just standing like an idiot hoping more players come to kill pinchy (Yehara's mirage). Without players, the content will be a pain to go through and there aren't much. Also Still waiting xD and uhm, yeah anyone want to help? xD