Is there an efficient way to farm soulstones without taking part in any kind of pvp or being flagged as pvp participant (faction)?

Lacy

Please, if you would be so kind, advise on the issue with the mentioned qualifier in mind.

Qualifier:  I don't pvp or do anything that requires me to be flagged for pvp (faction related activities).  It is unnecessary to reveal my reasons to refrain.

Question:  Is there an efficient way to farm soulstones without taking part in any kind of pvp or being flagged as a pvp participant in any way?

I appreciate any polite helpful tips or advice.

Thank you.

Farm gold and buy it. It is rly stupid tip but there isnt any other way how to get them ( tomb of exiles but isnt eficient at all).

And if u arent melee then ss plains isnt realy that much pvp ..its pve in faction costume.

Thank you both for taking the time to reply and do it in such a civil manner.  Know that your helpful advice and pleasant tone are very much appreciated.

My only choice seems to be buying them from the market.  I guess I'll hold off for a few weeks until the price comes down to something more reasonable.  35 silver for each soulstone is too rich for my blood when we need so many for each upgrade.  How many? 50 here. A hundred there. Thousands in the end, am I right?

You are going to either farm gold or buy gold, with ncoin, and buy it from marketplace. Only other way id you don't want to pvp.

And yes, weapon and accessory upgrades are going to be fun when you need helluva lot more.

Thanks for the tip.  I refuse to buy gold, keys, or any other item like that with real life cash, so I'll just wait on the market to settle down a bit. I'll probably go do something else for a few weeks. No rush.

i actualy wonder if the market will settle down at all, i mean with each upgrade we need more and more soulstones and if u transmute items you'll need em also so i think it's only getting more expensive since the demand for it is only rising and there isnt realy a good way to get them outside of pvp/faction related qeusts 

Thank you very much for your insight.  Until I see a goal that can be reached with a reasonable amount of effort and expense, I'll just have to find something else to do.  I have grinded hardcore on many occasions but I don't enjoy it and would rather just find something more pleasant and fun to do.

• 3 months later...

You know, I just started playing around a week ago...love the combat system, the hostile npc mechanics, the story, the presentation, the concept of the progression (needlessly frustrating thanks to rubbish 12% rng though)...then I got to lvl39 after completing a cool chapter in the story, so I'm really on a high now...hit that moonplace and thought 'alright, now let's seek out these mats so I can get my crafting on'. Lo and behold, when I look at the soulstone I see 'pvp or pvp'.....well maybe they won't be as pricey as a new player on the....oh...and I need 25 of these per item you say? Um....no.

Even though this game has a very good combat system, I play mmorpgs for the rpg element-you know the part where you explore new worlds, new lore, interact with characters, slay dangerous foes and every once in a while team up with other players to tackle daunting foes. Notice the lack of 'fighting players'. If I want to fight another player I play fighting games for that. Right up to this point the game has done an excellent job in keeping pvp optional-not needed to progress in any interpretation of the word. This artificial, contrived gating mechanism is disappointing. I was this close to start spending money on the game....namely to change my character's appearance, but I'm glad I decided to wait until I at least got to max level.

I don't pvp, the game forces you to pvp, while it is unfortuante I won't get to see the end of the story (...actually lie, I can just watch it on youtube) I think I'll cut my 'losses' (starting to become invested in the game) early and take my time and money elsewhere.

2 hours ago, ErosNova said:

You know, I just started playing around a week ago...love the combat system, the hostile npc mechanics, the story, the presentation, the concept of the progression (needlessly frustrating thanks to rubbish 12% rng though)...then I got to lvl39 after completing a cool chapter in the story, so I'm really on a high now...hit that moonplace and thought 'alright, now let's seek out these mats so I can get my crafting on'. Lo and behold, when I look at the soulstone I see 'pvp or pvp'.....well maybe they won't be as pricey as a new player on the....oh...and I need 25 of these per item you say? Um....no.

Even though this game has a very good combat system, I play mmorpgs for the rpg element-you know the part where you explore new worlds, new lore, interact with characters, slay dangerous foes and every once in a while team up with other players to tackle daunting foes. Notice the lack of 'fighting players'. If I want to fight another player I play fighting games for that. Right up to this point the game has done an excellent job in keeping pvp optional-not needed to progress in any interpretation of the word. This artificial, contrived gating mechanism is disappointing. I was this close to start spending money on the game....namely to change my character's appearance, but I'm glad I decided to wait until I at least got to max level.

I don't pvp, the game forces you to pvp, while it is unfortuante I won't get to see the end of the story (...actually lie, I can just watch it on youtube) I think I'll cut my 'losses' (starting to become invested in the game) early and take my time and money elsewhere.

You are badly informed.

I progressed through all that content with almost zero pvp. Apart from there being quite a few dailies where you get Soulstones as a reward (pure PvE!) you can simply farm money in PvE  and buy them off the market without loosing much efficiency as the price is constantly going down due to events which also spill them all over the place and such. Having guildmates to play with helps a lot of course. Hint: Now you should start complaining that "the game forces you to group with people". :P

With the above being said, PvP is actually what makes this game good. You are deliberately passing on the best bits of what BnS has to offer. 

3 hours ago, weaponzero said:

With the above being said, PvP is actually what makes this game good. You are deliberately passing on the best bits of what BnS has to offer. 

Nothing more than your opínion right there. Non-faction PvP with gear balance is decent when you don't get AFKers or hackers, but it's not the game's main appeal to me and I'm quite sure I'm not alone on this.

But yes, I generally buy most of my Soulstones when I need them and/or they're selling low. There's an achievement related to how many of them of you buy (got the 1k one about a week ago). You should also concern yourself with building up reserves of Stingers so you can get money for the other stuff such as Moonstones and, if you can't craft them yourself, Transformation Stones. Also, keeping the Stinger/Moonstone ratio to approximately 3:1 will go a long way to get you ready for the later gear upgrades.

7 hours ago, ErosNova said:

You don't need soulstones really to finish the story. The game will drop purple weapons and accessories that you can use in lieu of the Hongmoon ones during the story, once you get to Silverfrost. Just level at your pace and leave the money earning/crafting until you are level 50 and finished the current chapters. Then think about gearing up. At that point, doing Mistywoods for 10-14 soulstones a day should not be any problem for you or you can buy your first lot as the story will also reward about 50 gold.

Archived